OMG...This guy is on his 12th Xbox 360! :O

A place to talk about... anything!
Keavy
Drunker than thou

OMG...This guy is on his 12th Xbox 360! :O

Post by Keavy »

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3160603

12th time's the charm?

Also, I received the additional heatsinks on my repaired 360 even though my issue was with the spring update red ringing my 360.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

The guy is vastly more patient then I am. third failure would have been it for me.

I would however think this is just an isolated case of extreme bad luck. None of his other systems are failing, so clearly it is not his house. Unless there is a particular flaw with the 360 that causes problems if it is on a port switcher, if he is on one. It is a long shot, but just as likely as having 12 bad consoles in a row.

As for me, my Wii is running great..not a problem thus far, though I do not use it terribly often. The PS3 on the other hand is running fantastic, I leave it on 24/7 doing the Folding@home when I am not gaming on it. I had one hiccup about a month ago where it lost the network after the cable went down a while, and I had to reset the wirless connection, but other then that..nada. I still fail to see what people are griping about concerning heat with the PS3...sure its hot..but no hotter then any modern computer. Heck even the Wii gets pretty darn toasty during a long run. I think the problem here is people are stupidly cramming new consoles into spaces with no airflow.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I left a book behind my 360 for a while, found it had pretty much melted the binding glue :lol:
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Sugami wrote:I left a book behind my 360 for a while, found it had pretty much melted the binding glue :lol:
Exactly, I think the real problem is people fail to realize that modern consoles are really more akin to a Personal PC, then a console as far as hardware goes.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

The back end of my 360 (Where the fans are at) Gets really warm but the rest of it is nice and cool.

Like Tivia said I think the problem has to do more with the consumers than the hardware when it comes to overheating and failures.

Apparently this guy just couldn't catch a break.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Just as long as you keep it well ventilated and don't block up the air holes or whatever it won't overheat.

Unlikely this guy was doing that due to the wide range of problems he was having, think two consoles actually arrived broken. I'd wager the main problem is the consoles having a bumpy journey, I've worked at package delivery companies and the "fragile" label goes unnoticed.
Nhiha
Tomcat

Post by Nhiha »

i work for FedEx and Sugami is right about the only time the "fragile" label gets noticed is when it also says "glass" on it
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Nonsense.

At every Post Office and freight company there are always a few emploies who notice Fragile lables.

Those nice folk take special effort to ensure the items so marked get no more than a one bank shot on their way into the approaite bin. Mostly the package handlers are scored by the number of walls, floors, or ceilings an item can be made to bounce off.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

:lol:

That's kinda right, there's usually a cage to "put" (read "throw") the package into or on. The only real thing that stops your package from breaking is the packaging or the general robustness of the item.

Bit of pointless info; I've worked at Royal Mail, Initial City Link and Busniess Post (all temp jobs).
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Sugami wrote::lol:

That's kinda right, there's usually a cage to "put" (read "throw") the package into or on. The only real thing that stops your package from breaking is the packaging or the general robustness of the item.

Bit of pointless info; I've worked at Royal Mail, Initial City Link and Busniess Post (all temp jobs).
For us Yanks, are those like UPS or FedEx? Basically a privately owned business that ships packages but isn't directly affiliated with the government-owned parcel shipping service.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Royal Mail you should guess as being the "public" normal delivery service. They deal with anything from letters to packages.

Business Post and Initial City Link are what businesses and companies will use for package delivery. If I were to order PC parts from a webstore they'd use one of those two.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Sugami wrote:Royal Mail you should guess as being the "public" normal delivery service. They deal with anything from letters to packages.

Business Post and Initial City Link are what businesses and companies will use for package delivery. If I were to order PC parts from a webstore they'd use one of those two.
I never would have guessed Royal Mail was the government run system. I just imagined they had a spokesperson dressed up as a King who would say "If your packages deserve the royal treatment use Royal Mail."

As for the US, if I order something from Amazon.com or NewEgg it may come from either a private delivery service or from the US Postal Service. It depends on what shipping you opt for and who they have a contract for. I've used Amazon's free shipping many times and sometimes my package arrives via USPS other times its FedEx or UPS. Also, the places items ship from varies, too even if I order the same type of item. Sometimes Amazon orders ship from San Fransisco, Las Vegas, or Salt Lake City.
Nhiha
Tomcat

Post by Nhiha »

did you know the apple distribution center is in california? i found that out after a few ipod boxes came open, they seem to like shipping those in some really small boxes that get squished easily
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: OMG...This guy is on his 12th Xbox 360! :O

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: OMG...This guy is on his 12th Xbox 360! :O

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо