Random info

A place to talk about... anything!
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Random info

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Info from FFXI Enclyopedia while Im bored. Im sure you all know this already but just a refresher.

Agility
A stat that is compared with an attacker's dexterity to determine the likelihood that the enemy's blow will be a critical. Agility also has a direct impact on a character's evasion, shield, parry, and ranged accuracy stats. For every two points of AGI a character has, these stats are raised by one point.
In addition, Agility plays a significant role in determining the damage caused by Trick Attack when used by a Thief.

Dexterity
A stat that is compared with an enemy's agility to determine the likelihood that a character's blow will be a critical. Each point of Dexterity is said to raise critical hit rate by 0.1%.
Dexterity also has a direct impact on a character's accuracy stat. For every two points of DEX a character has, his/her accuracy is raised by one point.
Dexterity also plays a significant role in determining the damage caused by Sneak Attack when used by a Thief.

Strength
A stat that is compared with an enemy's vitality to determine the base damage of a character's attacks. This stat is very important to almost all physical damage dealing jobs. Strength also has a direct impact on a character's attack and Ranged Attack. For every 2 points STR increase a character has, his/her attack and Ranged Attack value is raised by 1 point.

Intelligence
• A stat that helps determine the effectiveness of Elemental Magic spells, Black Magic Enfeebling Magic spells, Black Magic Enhancing Magic spells, Ninjutsu and "magical" Blue Magic.
o See Calculating Magic Damage for the precise calculations.
• It is generally accepted that Intelligence has absolutely no effect on the rate at which offensive spells are resisted (see resistance), but that it does effect the base damage taken from most magical attacks (sort of like STR and VIT rolled up into one).
• Intelligence also determines the additional effect from Earth Arrows, Water Arrows, and Wind Arrows.
• Some people believe that Intelligence also increases the chance of taming an enemy.

Mind
A stat that determines the effectiveness of Healing Magic spells, White Magic Enhancing Magic spells and White Magic Enfeebling Magic spells, and also has a direct impact on a character's Magical Defense & Resistance.
Mind also plays a large role in determining the damage of Chi Blast, Banish, and Holy Bolts.
**NOTE** Mind also has a slight increase in your overall cure potency. It also affects the formula for Cure V ((Healing magic skill / 3) + (MND * 1.5) + 430)
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Fiye
Captain Fiye

Post by Fiye »

Here's more random info.

Don't /follow in Dynamis.

That is all :lol:
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

You left off Charisma: max. taming level, taming rate, bard song potency, & intimidation effects.

Also, the descriptions on MND and INT are a little wrong. MND only effects your resistance to MND-based spells (white magic debuffs and banish). INT is what determines your resistance to INT based spells (black magic and ninjutsu). INT v. INT, MND v. MND. You can test this out pretty easily by parsing results from using int-debuff and mnd-debuff on your target before various other spells.
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Okuza wrote:You left off Charisma: max. taming level, taming rate, bard song potency, & intimidation effects.
I purposely left out Charisma because to be honest, thats the one stat thats the most rumored on. Not to mention most jobs other than brd and bst don't even bother with Charisma. So I left it out. But you are correct. It does affect max. taming level, taming rate and bard song potency. Im sure Charisma has other effects as well, but Ive yet to find proof of it.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I think critical hit rate varies on the level of the monster. Most likely a DEX vs AGI thing in that case.
Igihstehr
Tomcat

Post by Igihstehr »

Pheonixhawk wrote:Im sure Charisma has other effects as well, but Ive yet to find proof of it.
I am fairly certain that it has something to do with intimidation. I'll try it out with BLU when I get high enough to equip some +CHR gear.

Level 8 with stoneskin and beast-killer? I cannot believe how awesome this job is...
[img]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1026/891925608_d883ad1e18_o.jpg[/img]
[size=75].:|DRG 58|WHM 42|THF 32|BLM 30|SAM 30|BLU 29|WAR 28|BRD 26|NIN 20|SMN 18|RNG 18|MNK 16|DRK 13|PLD 10|RDM 7|:.
San D'Oria Rank 7 || Cooking 22 | Woodworking 47 | Fishing 20 | Alchemy 10[/size]
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Yeah, but Blink(Zephyr Mantle) is pretty much one of your end game spells. Go figure.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Igihstehr
Tomcat

Post by Igihstehr »

Eviticus wrote:Yeah, but Blink(Zephyr Mantle) is pretty much one of your end game spells. Go figure.
Yeah... and Sleepga (Sheep Song) at 16...

What I am really looking forward to is the spell (I forgot the name of it) where I can breathe fire. I know it's a fairly high level...
[size=75].:|DRG 58|WHM 42|THF 32|BLM 30|SAM 30|BLU 29|WAR 28|BRD 26|NIN 20|SMN 18|RNG 18|MNK 16|DRK 13|PLD 10|RDM 7|:.
San D'Oria Rank 7 || Cooking 22 | Woodworking 47 | Fishing 20 | Alchemy 10[/size]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Fire Breath? Flame Breath? Off a Manticore?
Igihstehr
Tomcat

Post by Igihstehr »

Sugami wrote:Fire Breath? Flame Breath? Off a Manticore?
Yes! That's the one. I have a looooong way to go to get that one :lol:
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

I always liked Bomb Toss when i get bored and decide to farm endless amounts of low level goblins.

They really gotta stop forgetting to lite the fuse before tossing bombs at me...
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

Igihstehr wrote:
Pheonixhawk wrote:Im sure Charisma has other effects as well, but Ive yet to find proof of it.
I am fairly certain that it has something to do with intimidation. I'll try it out with BLU when I get high enough to equip some +CHR gear.

Level 8 with stoneskin and beast-killer? I cannot believe how awesome this job is...
Yes, CHR is a key stat for intimidations, too. It's also a modifier for some WS's (like dancing edge). Why DE uses CHR as a modifier is one of the great mysteries of FFXI, but I think it's so that races with poor dex/agi are balanced out on DE damage compared to those with good dex/agi.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Random info

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Random info

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо