i miss tihs game!!

A place to talk about... anything!
Punkerdood
Tomcat

i miss tihs game!!

Post by Punkerdood »

for those of you who reember me i quit almost a year ago...
i want back in...i hope ill see you guys again soon
i heard they buffed SAMs quite i bit, thats why i want back in damnit
75SAM
Rank7 sandoria
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Yes they did.

Hasso
Job Ability
* Grants a bonus to attack speed, accuracy*, and Strength when using two-handed weapons.
* Obtained: Samurai Level 25
* Recast Time: 1:00
* Duration: 5:00

* Like 10% haste and Acc +10, STR, I think is 5.

Seigan
Job Ability
* Grants a bonus to Third Eye* when using two-handed weapons.
* Obtained: Samurai Level 35
* Recast Time: 1:00
* Duration: 5:00

* Third Eye Recast Time: 30 seconds. It lasts more than one hit, but is variable. You may counter with it up.

Come back, you will love them.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Zanshin is also much lower, allowing it to be gained even frum subbing sam. Not sure what level it is, but I know it's now 35 or lower cause I get it from 70Drg/Sam. If you use a 2handed weapon and your job is not Sam, Sam is now the best melee sub for Beseiged. Hasso, Meditate, Third Eye, Zanshin. (^.^)v
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Punkerdood
Tomcat

Post by Punkerdood »

ah geez those sure do sound swell
and i also heard of new merit skills that can be obtained as well
75SAM
Rank7 sandoria
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Oh, Yes I forgot Zanshin:

Obtained: Samurai Level 20
Job Trait Overview
* Game Description: May attack again immediately after missing a target.
* Zanshin can activate on weaponskills.
* Zanshin can activate on swings that consume shadows (blink).
* Activates about as frequently as Double Attack.
* Job Traits are always active.

The Trait that gets better as you get worse. :lol:

The meritable ones:

Blade Bash
* Deliver an attack that can stun the target and occasionally cause Plague.
* Obtained: Samurai Level 75
* Recast Time: 15:00 (-2:30 with each addtional merit)
* Duration: Instant

Shikikoyo
Job Ability
* Share TP above 100 with a party member.
* Obtained: Samurai Level 75
* Recast Time: 15:00 (-2:30 with each additional merit)
* Any TP you have over 100 is transfered to target party member. This Ability has no effect when you have less then 100TP
* You do not lose all of your TP using this ability. You will always be left with 100TP
* Each increase in level lowers recast timer by 2:30. Highest level is three bringing recast timer to 10:00

Which pairs just great with the new PLD merit ability:

Chivalry
* Converts TP to MP.
* Obtained: Paladin Level 75 (Must be Purchased with Merits)
* Recast Time: 20:00
* This Job Ability can only be learned by using Merit Points.
* Initially, the recast timer is at 20:00. Every Merit Point upgrade will reduce the recast timer by 2:30.
* MP recovered = current TP * 1.45 (This is incorrect, though roughly accurate. The amount of MP restored increases with the amount of MND you have.)
* Reported to give a very large boost to enmity when used.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Punkerdood
Tomcat

Post by Punkerdood »

ah,
they moved zanshin form lvl 60 to 20?
75SAM
Rank7 sandoria
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Yup. It's now a great sub for 2-handed melee's. If your acc is not as high as it could be, Zanshin competes well with Double Attack. And if your Atk is already pretty much capped and you have no use for Berserk/Warcry, Hasso is great for another boost to Damage/Attack Speed.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.

Punkerdood
Tomcat

Post by Punkerdood »

booo
samurai is now used as a sub,
if only we had skills that amkes us unique besides our 2hr
75SAM
Rank7 sandoria
Punkerdood
Tomcat

Post by Punkerdood »

booo
75SAM
Rank7 sandoria
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Punkerdood wrote:booo
You mean something like the Store TP traits? Or perhaps WS that Skillchain with everything out there that any weapon can do? Or perhaps Elemental damage in the Weaponskills but still keeping the ability to stack them with SA/TA?

Yeah, it would be great if SAMs had all that.

Oh.... wait..... they do.

ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

My perception may be a bit skewed since I'm used to Red Mage and having to have several subs levelled, but I don't really see the problem.
None of the jobs I typically sub have lost anything because I sub them.

BLMs still deal unbelievable amounts of damage, WHMs still have the best cure and regenerative spells in the game, SMN have full strength bloodpacts, ditto NIN for ninjitsu, BLU for blue magic and BRD for songs. None of that changes when I sub any of them for a certain fight/mission/situation.

Before the multi-hit weaponskill tp nerf, /sam used to be a favorite sub for DRG so all the new changes have done is bring that back in my opinion. SAM hasn't really lost anything- none of those abilities get weaker as you go up in levels.

All its done is give other jobs who use two-handed weapons some much needed flexibility. DRGs and DRKs especially no longer need to be either /war or /thf to be effective. I personally think it's a very good thing.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Eviticus wrote:Zanshin competes well with Double Attack. And if your Atk is already pretty much capped and you have no use for Berserk/Warcry, Hasso is great for another boost to Damage/Attack Speed.
Not really... Double Attack is 10% chance to proc, for subjob, for every single swing.
Zanshin only works if you miss and I'm not sure what the percentage on that is but I rarely notice it in Besiege.
Relying on Zanshin is BAD, as someone put it so elagantly; Zanshin is the only trait that gets better the worse you get.

Also it's pretty impossible to cap attack for 2-handed weapons or any weapon for that matter. Berserk will always give a better return than STR+3 (net total since /SAM has 2 less STR than /WAR).
Tsybil wrote:You mean something like the Store TP traits? Or perhaps WS that Skillchain with everything out there that any weapon can do? Or perhaps Elemental damage in the Weaponskills but still keeping the ability to stack them with SA/TA?

Yeah, it would be great if SAMs had all that.

Oh.... wait..... they do.
Well /SAM gets Store TP as well but don't know how much, typically can expect +1 on your TP return.
Really don't understand that second statement...
Actually no elemental WS can be SA'd or at least can have a critical hit proc on it. No SAM WS is technically an elemental WS however a few add elemental damage ontop of it.

SAM isn't a popular sub, quite a few DRGs seem to like it but that's under the misconception of it actually being a more powerful sub than /WAR (which it isn't), DRKs generally still seem to cower under /NIN even with their new spells and when was the last time you saw a WAR use Great Axe (besides me)? Prommy probably if that.
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Last I checked /WAR doesn't add any sort of haste bonus, and Berserk is only up for 3 out of every 5 minutes, where as Hasso is up constantly. And the Store TP is enough to make a difference in the long run, over the course of a few fights. So I'd say it's more just a matter of preference. Not to mention it's basically been proven that 2 or 3 STR isn't gonna matter so long as you're stacking your gear correctly for TP build or WS. o.O;
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

I've actually seen quite a few WARs sub /sam- just not usually in merit parties.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Store TP I
* Obtained: Samurai Level 10
* Obtained: Blue Mage Level 69
* Trait Value: 10

Store TP II
* Obtained: Samurai Level 30
* Trait Value: 15

Store TP III
* Obtained: Samurai Level 50
* Trait Value: 20

Store TP IV
* Obtained: Samurai Level 70
* Trait Value: 25

That = 25% Store TP at 70, 15% as a L 30 sub.

A 450 delay Great Katana gives TP Per Hit: 11.5%, +25% (+ 3.87) = 15.17 TP/hit. Not at all shabby and the first step toward the "6 hit build".

Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

It's the best sub for G.Axe War's past a certain point. But I still sub War to my Drg, because as Sugami said which I never disagreed with, it's pretty impossible to cap attack on a 2-handed weapon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Kintrra wrote:Last I checked /WAR doesn't add any sort of haste bonus, and Berserk is only up for 3 out of every 5 minutes, where as Hasso is up constantly. And the Store TP is enough to make a difference in the long run, over the course of a few fights. So I'd say it's more just a matter of preference. Not to mention it's basically been proven that 2 or 3 STR isn't gonna matter so long as you're stacking your gear correctly for TP build or WS. o.O;
Haste is kinda meh. Haste+10% might get you one extra hit in a fight but when you're missing out on 25% Attack Bonus for 60% of the time and Double Attack (10%) it doesn't really cut the mustard.

So Store TP II at 60+ when subbed, 15% bonus (remember values are truncated)...

My weapon of choice is the Mezraq, which has TP return of 12.15%. Including my Chivy Chain I have Store TP+16% so 12.15*1.16=14.09.

100 / 14.09 = 7.09~ rounded up = 8 swings
100 / (12.15*1.01) = 8.14~ rounded up = 9 swings

So I'd get to WS a swing early, which doesn't really mean much in the grand scheme of things if I have to wait for High Jump or Super Jump to be ready or if the mob's almost dead or whatever.
Of course with Double Attack thrown into the mix I get extra TP and extra damage and with a 10% proc rate it's more than likely to proc once between each WS.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: i miss tihs game!!

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru