Sneaky Sneaky

A place to talk about... anything!
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Sneaky Sneaky

Post by Pheonixhawk »

*Low crawls and watches in the bushes*

Heheheh they should be here any second now.

*Watches as two Black Chocobo gather there and fall in love*

Perrrrrfect....

*See's the female chocobo lay an egg*

NOW!!!!!!!!!

*Jumps from behind the bush, steals the egg, and chainspell warps away.* HAHHAAH MINE BIOTCHES!!!

Now time to breed the choco.... hehehehehe
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Let us know how you manage to breed that egg, k? :P
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Definitions of Breed:

1. to produce (offspring); procreate; engender.
2. to produce by mating; propagate sexually; reproduce: Ten mice were bred in the laboratory.
3. Horticulture. a. to cause to reproduce by controlled pollination.
b. to improve by controlled pollination and selection.

4. to raise (cattle, sheep, etc.): He breeds longhorns on the ranch.
5. to cause or be the source of; engender; give rise to: Dirt breeds disease. Stagnant water breeds mosquitoes.
6. to develop by training or education; bring up; rear: He was born and bred a gentleman.
7. Energy. to produce more fissile nuclear fuel than is consumed in a reactor.
8. to impregnate; mate: Breed a strong mare with a fast stallion and hope for a Derby winner.
–verb (used without object) 9. to produce offspring: Many animals breed in the spring.
10. to be engendered or produced; grow; develop: Bacteria will not breed in alcohol.
11. to cause the birth of young, as in raising stock.
12. to be pregnant.
–noun 13. Genetics. a relatively homogenous group of animals within a species, developed and maintained by humans.

Note I said to breed the CHOCOBO. Not egg. As In im waiting for it to hatch and then raise it.

Also why does it seem like someone always tries to correct me on something when I post here? Can't a guy just have some fun?
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

I was teasing. Didn't mean to ruffle your fur there.

I could've sworn it read "now to breed it." when I first read it too. "It" of course meaning the egg- since you'd still need to hatch the chicobo out :P
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

True. I should of made it a full sentence :oops: Should read -

And now to breed the chocobo as soon as it hatches. :lol:
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

So you found two black parents? (sounds somewhat racists...)

I'd like a purple one but I can't really be arsed, have VioletSakura's card too if I want to have her babies :lol:
MittensValefor
Big Cat

Post by MittensValefor »

I got an EX egg of an ISNM. Couldn't bring myself to toss it, so I'm gunna raise it. Read 2 rumors that got me motivated: 1. BCNM and ISNM eggs have a 30% chance of being a color other than yellow. 2. If you watch over the egg 100 times it'll hatch thinking you're it's mommy, giving a head start on raising effectively. *crosses fingers*
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
http://www.allpeopleeverywhere.com/
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Sugami wrote:So you found two black parents? (sounds somewhat racists...)
Racist? You wanna talk "Racist" you should see the comment I left on the 1up Forums about the Zephyr:
me on 1up forums wrote:As long as the black Xbox doesn't steal my VCR and knock up my sister, I'm cool with it
Now that's racist!
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Racist? It's not that at all. I guess now I gotta explain myself again huh? (Like I said, just can't even post anything for fun)

1. I wan't a different colored Chocob because I want everyone to know from first hand tha I RAISED it. Not rented it. Nobody know's your raised it, if its yellow unless you tell them. However if your chocobo is colored it shows off your 30 days of caring for it. (30 days or more that is.)

2. Im getting a black chocobo, because my friend Martomo just so happen to have a black chocobo himself. So he gave me a FREE Female ChocoCard. I figured hell, might as well as just buy a male Choco Card. So I shouted in Jueno for one. I wanted to be gaureenteed it came out a different color so I matched the same colors of Chocobo.

3. And just because both parents are black choco's, theres still a possibility it will come out a different color.

Now this is racist!
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

MittensValefor
Big Cat

Post by MittensValefor »

Pheonixhawk wrote: Now this is racist!
But very funny! XD
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
http://www.allpeopleeverywhere.com/
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

You can usually tell they've been raised because they're so slow :lol:
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

hey now, my lsst 3 chocos have all been faster then rentals. Not all raised ones are gimp. :P

Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

MittensValefor wrote:I got an EX egg of an ISNM. Couldn't bring myself to toss it, so I'm gunna raise it. Read 2 rumors that got me motivated: 1. BCNM and ISNM eggs have a 30% chance of being a color other than yellow. 2. If you watch over the egg 100 times it'll hatch thinking you're it's mommy, giving a head start on raising effectively. *crosses fingers*
1. I don't know

2. Proven
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

My egg was from ISNM and VioletSakura turned out to be yellow :(

I've seen tortoises move faster than her :lol: I was concentrating on her intelligence though :lol:
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Yea, it sucks that we can only raise two stats- always end up giving up something- and that if you concentrate solely on STR/END stats, your chocobo has almost 0 chance of learning an ability.

Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

ScarlettPheonix wrote:Yea, it sucks that we can only raise two stats- always end up giving up something- and that if you concentrate solely on STR/END stats, your chocobo has almost 0 chance of learning an ability.
Not so.

My Melee Alt has a 54? day old bird with STR Impressive, END A bit deficient, DSC Average, RCP Poor. And two abilities.

Want abilities? Concentrate on DSC first. Then, once the bird has its abilities go for the trait you want.

A poorly copied chart from from the FFXI Wiki:
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Category:C ... ur_Chocobo

Name Strength Endurance Discernment Receptivity Affection Energy Payment
Basic Care 1 1 1 1 -3% -3% -
Resting - - - - - +?% -
Taking a walk 3 3 -3 -3 -3% -3% -
Listening to music -3 -3 3 3 -3% -3% -
Exercising alone x5% - -4 -4 -7% -5% -
Exercising in a group - x5% -4 -4 -7% -5% -
Interact with children -4 -4 x5% - -7% -5% -
Interact with chocobos -4 -4 - x5% -7% -5% -
Carrying packages 5 5 -5 -5 -8% -10% 100-200
Exhibiting to the public -5 -5 5 5 -8% -10% 100-200
Delivering messages 8 - - -6 -10% -25% 200-400
Digging for treasure - -6 8 - -10% -25% 200-400
Acting in a play -6 - - 8 -10% -25% 200-400

Stats seem to go from 0 - 255 or 32/level. Please notice the four plans that increase a stat by x5% trading off two -4s. If one can get a bird to level 5, Better than average, in every stat, it seems quite possible to get to L 8, First Class, in each one. Please notice the small catch in this theory.

Unfortunately there is no corresponding chart for Active Care or Foods.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Couldnt you just keep raising your bird until its stats got to the point to where they were all pefect?

And also, my old chocobo learned a abiity called Gallop. How do I use it? Or is it self built in?
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Pheonixhawk wrote:Couldnt you just keep raising your bird until its stats got to the point to where they were all pefect?
Go to the original of that chart. Look at it again.
Pheonixhawk wrote:And also, my old chocobo learned a ability called Gallop. How do I use it? Or is it self built in?
Well that is a commonly asked question. I have yet to see an answer.

ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Thanks for the correction- I've never seen anyone with more than two stats raised significantly at a time.

I do know about raising DSC first to gain an ability- but I still feel/think it sucks that DSC does need to be raised to gain an ability.

I can see raising DSC to have a better chance of gaining one, but there should still be a chance (however small) of them learning an ability no matter what stats have been focused on.

I can tell my choco stories until I'm blue in the face and it won't learn a single. damn. thing. if DSC hasn't been raised first.

According to the wiki- the chocos auto-retire after 160 some odd days.

Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

ScarlettPheonix wrote:I do know about raising DSC first to gain an ability- but I still feel/think it sucks that DSC does need to be raised to gain an ability.

I can see raising DSC to have a better chance of gaining one, but there should still be a chance (however small) of them learning an ability no matter what stats have been focused on.

I can tell my choco stories until I'm blue in the face and it won't learn a single. damn. thing. if DSC hasn't been raised first.
I think there is a small chance to learn an ability with Poor DSC. But with each stat going from 0 - 255 and most birds learning abilities at DSC A bit deficient or higher (the bird mentioned above learned hers at Average, and not when she first hit that mark) the odds have to be well under 1000:1. It is still well under 2:1 at Average.

They can be born with abilities BTW. Seems to take parents with abilities and the Sports Plan.

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Yeah once I realised Violet had capped her abilities I let her go :'(

Only way to raise a perfect specimen is to use offspring so they start with good stats and keep building on those until you're down to the 5th generation or something like that.

Big ol' gil sink I can't be bothered with.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Sneaky Sneaky

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Sneaky Sneaky

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт