Quick question

A place to talk about... anything!
Toren
Tomcat

Quick question

Post by Toren »

Will we be allowed to have more then one LS pearl.. Or should we stay stricktly Mithrapride?
[img]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/MaryAliceDa/twmr01.jpg[/img]

Might just go WHM/SMN if Meeyutu makes me a new SIG :) :)

Ha just think of the DMG i can do.....[RNG/SAM] :)

Kyuba No Michi Clan
Creve
Tomcat

Post by Creve »

That's an interesting question since I one time bumped into Tigara infront of the Crawler Nest and was talking to her when i then realized that I was using my SavannaSuperstar LS. I apologized to her even though she didn't say anything about it. She told me then that MithraPride members were never confined to a single LS and that they are free to come and go as they choose.

Personaly I know that when someone is part of a LS for a long time and abandons it thier previous LS may feel betrayed and perhaps rightfully so. I was more sad than anything else when I saw member of MithraPride had left to other shells. Several, like Berry mentioned, have actually ended up in SavannaSuperstars.

But more importantly you should check SavannaSuperstars post of pictures. Subaru has her real life picture there!!! :P (Makes me want to get a scanner or digital camera to prove I'm cuitest! But in the meantime I'll drool like everyone else.)
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

Heh, Tigara was upset when we met up in Qufim, and she thought I'd left the pride*, cos she hadn't seen me in over two weeks. As it was, I had actually left Vana'diel, and the pride is why I returned.

* Since I had Seek Party on, she didn't realize I was actually on the LS at the time. :wink:

With that said, I was part of WindurstWarriors first, then MithraPride. Then I joined WindurstAlliance, a friend's tiny LS, and lastly Savanna'sSuperstars. While I used MP dominantly, I would switch to other pearls if there were people on that LS in my party, or for their events. I would also cycle through them once in a while if I really wanted to buy something and needed multiple AH's checked.. 8)

I ran into a sackholder from WW while wearing the MithraPride, and he didn't even mention it. He was helping me get some starter equipment for a new job, too. ^^

All in all, I don't think anyone ever felt bad when I was on another linkshell. I was in a party with 2 SS and one MP, and wore MP with no hard feelings. It will just depend on individuals.

Now, leaving one shell for another and not coming back... I would feel hurt in a way.. I can't really explain why. :?
Amiricle
Big Cat

Post by Amiricle »

Heh I had 5 Ls's at one point. My first was TheLeague, then MithraPride, DungeonCrawlers, KOTR, and finally SuicidePact.
I switched between MP and tL fairly often till most leaguers left, angry about the PS2 delay thing, then I was on MP most times. Often I'd just cycle through them while searching for a party member, or for someone in a certain locale, or just to chat with a certain group who were talkative at the time. I'd occasionally get poked and asked why I wasn't on this LS or that, but no one ever had a problem with it cause they knew I'd be back.

5, however was too damn many....I will be limiting myself to 2 only cause 2 LS I found I could juggle quite easily. MithaPride of course, and I have also been charged with re-creating and expanding TheLeague (who are mostly power-gamers lol). SuicidePact kinda left me out of the loop till yesterday, So I may not even be on the same server as them, unless they go with Berrys plan, to which they have been unresponsive.

Ooo this turned into quite a long post.......But anyway, Tigara never had a problem with me having multiple linkshells. She just didnt like me to be 'off' MP for too long.
FFXI~ Cactuar: Isania // Midgardsormyr: Amiricle // Bismark: Amiricle & Kaust
FFXIV~ Sargotanas ~ Ami'a Mihgo
D_Keeper
Kitten

Post by D_Keeper »

i had 1 pearl and one stact and i was on the WA one a little more then i was on the MP one but as soon as i get in a party i had to turn them off they where too much talking on the go and could not keep scrolling up to see what was said so she got quite mad at me i think... to the point that she never spoke to me so oh will i well be there and i may have my own LS called Huhs_Friends, and the only reason is, is that i have so many people i meet that where nice to me that i would like them all to meet each other and the only way i see that able to happen is if i give all my friends a stact and say share it with the world and lets all be friends.... when i was younger in high school and stuff i was always left out or the last picked for every thing so now i am nice to every one and try and have a great time...... i never had bad feeling about dieding for a good cause.

ahhh will thats my 2 cents and a bit.....
[img]http://www.fragnastika.com/up-down/DKeeper3b.jpg[/img]
sandra
Kitten

Post by sandra »

Firemyst wrote:I was part of WindurstWarriors first, then MithraPride.
Hehe just like me. Dunno why some people think you have to be on 1 LS. Its not a big bother if your part of another but when you join too many it can get a bit hard to keep up with people. Alot of people from WW thought i left when they saw me with MP on. Likewise with MP when wearing WW. WW is a great LS for new people that start out in Windurst because we help out with our nation. I hope to see something like this more in MP later.
Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

I remember at the first Tigara wasnt too happy about people being in other LSs. There were even rumors that people had left MP becuase they were told "Our way or the Highway....." I cant confirm if that is true.
I think what Tigara expected was if you were in this LS before any others then your commitment should be to us first.

I think you will be able to join other LSs if you want. I am commited to MP, but I will also be joining TFA-The Fallen Angels. Back when I used to play PSO on the DC, I was a member, then when I played EQ, TFA was there also and I was a member. I know they are going to be forming an LS in FFXI, I'm just not sure what server theyll be on, so technically it might even matter.
[color=blue][b][i]Don't let fear cloud your judgement, for it will hold you back from all of your dreams ;) [/i][/b][/color]
[img]http://www.drowtales.com/~hightreason/chibilaelia.gif[/img] [color=blue][size=200][i][b]Meeooww!!![/b][/i][/size][/color]

WHM - 61 | SMN - 32 | BLM - 21 | THF - 10 | NIN - 7 | BRD - 7 | BST - 7 | SAM - 5 | WAR - 5
Creve
Tomcat

Post by Creve »

Sandra--->WW is a great LS for new people that start out in Windurst because we help out with our nation. I hope to see something like this more in MP later.
This is one of multiple reasons why I hope most of MP will start in Windy.
Klisk
Kitten

Post by Klisk »

I was actually wearing my Shadow-Dragons linkpearl when Tigara gave me a pearl to MP. It didn't seem to be a problem, an' we held up a rather nice conversation at the time nonetheless.

Regardless of such I still switched back and forth as often as possible, especially considering that SDragon's beta Linkshell was really, really dead early in the morning around 3AM -- The time I played most.
'
Then again, I was prodominantly quiet in whatever linkshell I had equipped at the time, since I'm usually more prone to just read while I'm leveling, or what have you.

But nonetheless, it didn't (seem) to be an issue at the time, but that's just my experience. ;)
Klisk:
The Scourge of Alaska!