Lastest Accomplishments or Goals

A place to talk about... anything!
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Completed Promyvion Dem and Mea (Didnt use any Anima on Dem. hehe) Took My first Step onto Lufiase Meadows. Not to mention, I did the Hairpin quest and got a Map as well. Aquaducts Mission here I come!

(P.S. Got Drk to lvl 37 and Got Stun. /dance dance)

I claim this page in the name of all Dark Knights!
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Took me a month or two but last night finally got WAR50 (from WAR49) :lol: guess that's what happens when you stop playing for a while :lol:

And yes Ka-chan O-hat is better, 5% won't help much unless you already have a Haste build :)
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Made my first attempt at taking on a wyrm last night. My shell kinda wiped tho, we tried Jorm, first ever wyrm attempt, so we had a few issues. :lol:

And actually, O-hat only helps if you're not already at near peak limit on accuracy anyway. If you can already hit 95% of the time, that haste+5% will help you get in those hits that little bit faster. ^^
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Kintrra wrote:Made my first attempt at taking on a wyrm last night. My shell kinda wiped tho, we tried Jorm, first ever wyrm attempt, so we had a few issues. :lol:
Our first attempt at Timmy:

Wyrms aren't easy to kill.
I've attempted a few myself, haven't killed any yet but will attempt Vrtra again soon.

Vrtra, got her to about 80/75% then someone unfortunately called for help. :(
We'll attempt her soon again.
Tiamat, we couldn't get a real hold of her and the adds and her AoEs hurt quite a bit until we lost claim.
Lots of respect to the other LS' that were there to respect our claim and let us try without stirring up drama. :2thumb:
Ouryu Cometh, first attempt was to see how the BC was, he isn't that hard however eventually the adds started to take us down real quick when they seriously started to resist sleeps.
Managed to get a good strategy to go for that, just need another cloud evoker to try it out.

[edit]
The only Wyrm we did win against a couple of times is the Kindred's seal 99 Wyrm.
That one isn't easy either as she's the only Wyrm that flies longer then the 2 minutes a regular Wyrm does.
The KS 99 Wyrm starts flying around 60/70% health and doesn't come down until you get her down to 20~%.
And her AoE Fire Blast hurts, next to that her Hurricane Wing mid air hits about twice as hard as it does on the ground.
Since you can't hit a Flying Wyrm with regular Melee hits you'll have to nuke it down hard and fast.
Like any Wyrm the real fight starts when they reach that 20%, below that they start into go in a kind of "Rage" mode in which their defense, evasion and strength go up real high.

[edit2]
When fighting CoP Wyrms BLMs are not that useful either, Wyrms with the exception of Fafnir, Nidhogg and the KS99 Wyrm have an insane magic defense bonus and take about 15/20~% magic damage on the ground and 50~% magic damage in the air.
They do take full melee damage which makes summoners and rangers and samurai useful.
Rangers specificly since they are able to hit a flying Wyrm, and summoners since they can do a sh*tload of damage without pulling hate upon themselves.

Oh and I forgot to add:
RDM/DRK, specificly useful for stunning the CoP Wyrm's -GA nukes and several TP moves.

[ninja edit to previous reverend mail obtainage]
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Wanting some footage to demonstrate my shiny new graphics and itching to be a pirate again I played on COR, got 2 merits and upped Marksmanship to Lv.3 :)
Kintrra wrote:And actually, O-hat only helps if you're not already at near peak limit on accuracy anyway. If you can already hit 95% of the time, that haste+5% will help you get in those hits that little bit faster. ^^
Haste+5% on it's own will make almost zero difference, especially if you're using a 2-handed weapon. Might be useful for dual-wield WARs since they get a pseudo-haste, MNKs and NINs usually have some Haste in their build too.

O-hat is more helpful not by the accuracy you get from it but from the accuracy you can lose in other places for more Attack. Like ditching the Life Belt for a Sword Belt+1.
Also if you're using meat then I think you really want to get as much accuracy as you can get your hands on.

Still need my O-hat :(
Last edited by Sugami on Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gwynn
Big Cat

Post by Gwynn »

this is from a few weeks ago, but i just got access to post here at work, so :P

Anyway, Divine Might DONE!

Got my suppamoni.

Also, We completed Dynamis-Beaucdine, i got my AFb Gloves legs and boots for RDM and I now have my WAR AFb Gloves Mask Boots and Pants.

In other news, After swearing never to level Ninja again, i'm now at NIN 63.
[b]Gwynn[/b] : [color=Orange][i] Bismark Server[/i][/color]
Primary: RDM75/BLM37
Secondary:WAR75/NIN37
Next: NIN63/WAR31
Bastok Rank: 9
ZM:17 PM 3-5 TM: 8
AFb:
WAR: Head [x] Body [ ] Gloves [x] Leggings [x] Boots [x]
RDM: Head [ ] Body [ ] Gloves [x] Leggings [x] Boots [x]
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

Got DRG to 9!!
Helped a group of people beat 4-2 :D

On the Wyrms... I've beaten one with a LS.
Took like.. 6+ hours to kill... :? x.x
Went as Summoner, of course, so Garuda & Diabalos were it.
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Four hours, one death, one merit point and countless flying disco ball fights- 8-2 done :D
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

I... >.>

I finally got a chocobo and got the cash to come back to playing ffxi for a lil while longer.
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

WAR51 and solo'd first part of the AF2 quest, thought the orc would be a little more challenging :lol:
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

ding PUP43
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Ding! PUP 44!!!!! RAGING FISTS MINE :D
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

Helped a couple people get some new PANTIES!!
hehe... we got RDM & RNG.. took all day farming too... x.x
Sadly, no THF panties for kitty :( but thats okay b/c that means I get to go BACK :D ~panty raid weee~
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
Katina
Big Cat

Post by Katina »

I capped exp on war / blm / and whm w0000t finally.

Also I was top scorer in ballista finally.

Also I made a myspace plz check it out and tell me what you think plz.

http://www.myspace.com/techno_mike
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/SilverBlade830/katfinal.jpg[/img]
Many things go unsaid every day with those close to us. But the feelings are always there and true.

75whm//75blm//75war ZM/CoP: O
90+3 bonecraft 60 leathercraft/ alchemy
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Ding Ding PUP45
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Myspace :oops: turning emo? :lol:

Ding WAR52 can finally wear my AF now :D
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

Got fed up with RMT crawling all over sky and bought an Autumnstone for almost all my gil: 4m. {sobs piteously}

I was so scared something would go wrong and I'd loose all my gil -- server crash, mass DC and wipe, whm falling asleep and letting tanks die, someone fat-fingering CFH, etc. etc.. But all fears came to naught.

Byakko dropped behemoth hide (2.3m) and seal (2-3m) to repair my bank, byakko's haidate for me to wear, and stuff for shell, too: shura for our sam and axe for our war. It was pretty much a maximum drop list, only missing hecatomb hands. Considering that RMT sell haidate and shura for 15m and 10m respectively, the RMT missed out on ~30m in drops from that stone. I hated buying the trigger stone from RMT, but this kind of luck made it all worthwhile. {grins evily at RMT}

This cat just can't stop purring! Byakko's Haidate finally!

Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Once again Sugami derails the subject, anyawys....

Valoredge Frame IS MINE! :D
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Okuza wrote:Got fed up with RMT crawling all over sky and bought an Autumnstone for almost all my gil: 4m. {sobs piteously}

I was so scared something would go wrong and I'd loose all my gil -- server crash, mass DC and wipe, whm falling asleep and letting tanks die, someone fat-fingering CFH, etc. etc.. But all fears came to naught.

Byakko dropped behemoth hide (2.3m) and seal (2-3m) to repair my bank, byakko's haidate for me to wear, and stuff for shell, too: shura for our sam and axe for our war. It was pretty much a maximum drop list, only missing hecatomb hands. Considering that RMT sell haidate and shura for 15m and 10m respectively, the RMT missed out on ~30m in drops from that stone. I hated buying the trigger stone from RMT, but this kind of luck made it all worthwhile. {grins evily at RMT}

This cat just can't stop purring! Byakko's Haidate finally!
Grats on the Haidate, but still I will never give in to those gilsellers.
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

Ya, if it wasn't for Vanguard's upcoming release date, I'd never have done it. I think FFXI has a maximum life expectantcy of 3-6 months. It will likely die hard the day Vanguard comes out. So many of my friends are looking to bail out of FFXI when that mmorpg releases. Scheduled for 3/1/2007, but obviously that will likely be pushed out.

After 3 months in sky trying day after day to get triggers and watching RMT warphack and steal claims and see the GMs do absolutely nothing about it even after reporting 'em, I realized that the only way I'd ever get to actually play with a haidate before FFXI died was if I burned gil on a stone. ; ;

FFXI is a nicely long-term game, but I've recently adjusted all my plans for it to mostly conclude around the time Vanguard releases.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Ok OT

Tried Hydra today, first attempt on this Wyrm.

got her to 10% from where she started regening her heads insanely fast and one shotting our nins.

Next time we'll kill her for sure!
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:Once again Sugami derails the subject, anyawys....

Valoredge Frame IS MINE! :D
Lies! Lies and slander! I mentioned my achievement so wasn't derailed :P

Ding WAR54 and another AF solo'd; key, coffer and Dark Spark. I'd have a video of me doing Dark Spark but the game crashed just when I was about to kill him :oops: when I came back to have another go I got the key item :lol:
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Hydra gear .......sigh....Thank you, SE, for making gear that's -only- purpose as a set is to help Drg's solo(Seriously). Thank you, for making it drop off of a HNM that no HNM group would kill just for a Drg's benefit(Not so seriously).
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

You're better off getting Barone Corazza :lol: Enmity + Regen makes a great solo piece, I've tried using Gavial Mail and wasn't all that great really so Hydra won't be much better.

Anyways ding WAR55 but party broke up before I got Axe leveled for Rampage :(
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Ding Sam Relic booties
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Redinged WAR55 >.>

Rampage and Weapon Break learnt! :D
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Saotome Sune-Ate w00t
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

Helped peeps get through 4-3.. lil' bit of a nightmare there :lol:
But we won!

Dinged THF 40
Dinged NIN 32

melee kitty /dance
Assassen Summoner
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

4-3 the magacite mission? Cake as long as they stay hidden :lol:

Ding WAR56 and got my crappy Fighter's Mask.

Also solo'd Dark Spark again for someone in the LS, he did Self Destruct at the end and surprisingly didn't kill anyone :lol:
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote:4-3 the magacite mission? Cake as long as they stay hidden :lol:
I think a bigger horror then the rank 5 mission.
CoP 4-3 aka Sacrarium.

Had a run last time to help out LS mates o mine.
Kind as the leader of that party was he picked up another alli of 12 people that were on that mission.

Unfortunately unlike our group they had not cleared fomor hate, with all consequenses.
One loses sneak, agros a fomor, link 3 more fomor kill them move on.
Pop Ghost NM, start fighting WHAM! from behind the 2 key door where I was waiting to let them through when they finished the ghost, I saw them all get picked down one at a time by agroing VT/IT Fomor.