Anime cat

Sony shuts down Lik Sang

Post by Sugami »

http://www.liksang.com says it all.

Boycott Sony, the fuckers! :x :x :x
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

I would, but I really want a PS3 so I can make my douchebag friend jealous.

As soon as he is crying like a baby because I forced him to sit there and watch me beat Resistance (Forever ruining it for him) the PS3 is going on eBay while I will be off at Target waiting in line for my Wii.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I don't see how a London court is in legal jurisdiction of a Hong Kong based website/store :?

Sueing because they imported PSPs from Asia to Europe is low and petty, ontop of which the heads of Sony Europe all bought one from Lik Sang, hypocritical bastards :x

I got my DS Lite and Jump SuperStars from Lik Sang, great store all round, this really does infuriate me :x
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Sony employee: "Kutaragi-San, a company is selling Japanese PSP's to Europe."

Kutaragi: "So?"

SE: "They're Chinese, sir."

Kutaragi: "...shut them down."

That's probably how it went down.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Stockyboy
Big Cat

Post by Stockyboy »

Keavy wrote:Sony employee: "Kutaragi-San, a company is selling Japanese PSP's to Europe."

Kutaragi: "So?"

SE: "They're Puppetmasters, sir."

Kutaragi: "...shut them down."

That's probably how it went down.

Fixed.
Mr. T pitties the fool, Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off, I /poke the fool.
Haubegeon: O
Hauberk: O
Drk75/War43/Nin60/Blm37/Thf37(DONE YES!)/Whm32/Drg22/Smn16/Rdm66/Bst18/Mnk10/Brd33/Pld11
All others not unlocked or not leveled ^^^
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c302/stockyboy/USSRallyourcookie-1.png[/img]
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Awww, but I <3 Pup's..... :(
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Lik-Sang Sucks Nuts! Period. I ordered 6 times from them and got ripped off each time. Play-Asia Ftw. And Lik-Sang Broke The Law. You Break The Law, You Pay The Price.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

They were good when I used them, don't see how they can rip you off :?

Also don't see how importing PSPs is breaking the law.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

they took my money and failed to deliver the goods. then they finally ship them almost a year later even though the items never "Went out of stock" >.< then they screwed me by not giving me the correct amount of points per purchase, and when i did cash in my points, they didnt accept them like they should and reset them to 0.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Wanta
Kitten

Post by Wanta »

Which law did lik-sang break?
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

Wanta wrote:Which law did lik-sang break?
They didn't break any laws, they broke Sony's "rules" regarding selling their hardware.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

That's odd, didn't know they had any point system though :?

Lik-Sang this week, Play Asia next month, where will it stop?

They were doing Sony a service; selling and advertising their goods, seems like they're cutting off their nose just to spite their face :?
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Play-Asia is not being sued or attacked. Lik Sang had a customer points sytem for buying products from them (You had to be a member). And they violated Copyright laws. Under most international law, key word MOST that includes the United States Of Retardism (lol Carlos Mencia Ftw) ilegal sales of hardware is considered copyright violation while being "legal".

A good example of how a law being broken is legal is the tax mmorpg gamers bit. Under IRS Law, its considered exporting to trade online currency but becuase mostly minors play mmorpgs, they can't force a minor to pay taxes, so once again this is a supreme court matter.

It's complicated and I'm still confused on some areas, and Yes I'm researching british, japanese, french, american, and Ireland law to figure this out. That and our PS3 Sixaxis controller died within 5 hours >.> thank you sony you backstabbing morons.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

KarouKaniyashia wrote: ....they can't force a minor to pay taxes....
Oh?? :o That's news to me.

They have stolen the bank accounts of minors who's parents were on welfare.

They have stolen the bank accounts of minors who's parents were delinquent on taxes.

They don't have to force anyone to pay taxes as long as they can seize assets. And if a person has no assets to seize, that person can be jailed.

"They" in this case is the IRS.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

nono what I mean is, they cannot legally make a 13 year old file a tax return, which is what we would have to do if the IRS could make us pay taxes for online currency.

as for the assest seizing, I'm going to look into that one, becuase that in truth is news to me.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

They can't make ANYONE file a tax return. You are legally obligated to pay taxes, you not obligated to file. Honest. One branch of the far right anti tax movement never files, but they do pay. :lol:

It may have been Welfare who seized kids bank accounts who's parents were on welfare. There was a move to outlaw this practice as being counter productive in teaching saving habits to poor children. I certainly hope it was successful.

In the article I remember about seizing the account of a kid who's parent was delinquent on taxes, the kid wasn't even living with that parent, who was behind on support anyway. Kicker was that the delinquent parent had claimed the kid as a dependent.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

That's what I keep saying, I dont HAVE to file them. The IRS Seems to think that if you dont file takes you're breaking the law, but they themselves loopholed that and they don't want you to know about it. Basically the IRS keeps jamming itself into a corner and they can't seem to stop it. I havn't filed a tax return in almost 3 years and I refuse to do it. I dont make enough money for them to notice anyways.
Kistala
Tomcat

Post by Kistala »

Tsybil wrote:
KarouKaniyashia wrote: ....they can't force a minor to pay taxes....
Oh?? :o That's news to me.

They have stolen the bank accounts of minors who's parents were on welfare.

They have stolen the bank accounts of minors who's parents were delinquent on taxes.

They don't have to force anyone to pay taxes as long as they can seize assets. And if a person has no assets to seize, that person can be jailed.

"They" in this case is the IRS.
This is because the bank account is not legally the child's. The child is considered a dependant and therefore said bank account is technically the property of the parent/guardian who claims the child as their dependant. As it is the parent/guardian's property (technically- when the child becomes an independant ownership is automatically transferred I believe), the IRS can and will seize it if they feel it is necessary.

That said, if a parent/guardian is falsly filing the child as a dependant, they're putting themselves in a whole different breed of dogshit, and you can hit them on that, which would probalby get the account back for the child (I should think and hope).

KarouKaniyashia wrote:That's what I keep saying, I dont HAVE to file them. The IRS Seems to think that if you dont file takes you're breaking the law, but they themselves loopholed that and they don't want you to know about it. Basically the IRS keeps jamming itself into a corner and they can't seem to stop it. I havn't filed a tax return in almost 3 years and I refuse to do it. I dont make enough money for them to notice anyways.
You have to file if you want a tax return.

You have to file if you have not already paid the amount of taxes you owe.

If you have already paid the taxes you owe, and do not want the government to return any money taken for taxes, then barring any extenuating circumstances you have no need to file your taxes.
Last edited by Kistala on Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't take life too seriously, you can't get out of it alive."

Currently: PLD69/WAR34 tank
PLD69/RDM34 soloer
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I'll start paying the taxes I "owe" when they stop screwing me over. Which will be like never /sigh.
Kistala
Tomcat

Post by Kistala »

I know they take about 17.5% of my paycheck for taxes automatically...

...I file because I get it all back.

You may want to look into if you fall below the minimum amount wherein you would get most/all of the money they automatically deduct back as a return.

PLD69/RDM34 soloer
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

That is taken out of my paycheck cuz I can't convice my boss to be a non legal shop and burn little fluffy....erk wait you're not supposed to know my evil plans to torch stuff *whistles innocently*

I probobly will cuz they kept screwing my income returns up and claiming i owed them money. Which by the way I never did, becuase I used to file them correctly.
Kistala
Tomcat

Post by Kistala »

In that case you may want to have a professional look over your taxes. They can probably get whatever problems sorted out, and find deductions you didn't know about.

PLD69/RDM34 soloer
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

*laughs* I know most of what I can get deducted, most of the crap that involves my job including expenses used on running for parts (gas, tools, etc) even aluminum i end up buying for our wheel shop is covered. Log books for work orders, pc componants for the shop servers/networking.

Yet somehow the IRS manages to screw it to the point where their taking all my money heh. Well I shouldn't say the IRS is screwing it up, becuase we know they'll go to great lengths to rob you of your tax refund.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Wait wait... Lik Sang were sued for having a points system? That makes no sense seeing as several other shops have a points system too :? including GAME.

Heh you get IRS we get Inland Revenue, probably not as bad but I wouldn't say they're far off. About 30% of my paycheck goes towards taxes but if I make under £5000 before next tax year I get it all back... or something like that.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Kistala wrote:If you have already paid the taxes you owe, and do not want the government to return any money taken for taxes, then barring any extenuating circumstances you have no need to file your taxes.
There have been years when if I bothered to file I would have gotten back $30.00 or less. That kitties, is not worth the time it would take to file. Those years I just didn't bother.

Surprisingly enough the IRS has never taken me to court to force me to take my pittance for the year back.

Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

nono they were sued for violating copyrights, etc.

the points system was where i got the stick end of their crap service, I wanted to sue them badly but meh
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Sony claimed that Lik-Sang infringed its trade marks, copyright and registered design rights by selling Sony PSP consoles from Asia to European customers, and have recently obtained a judgment in the High Court of London (England) rendering Lik-Sang's sales of PSP consoles unlawful.
I really don't see how they were. How is selling PSPs from Asia to Europe infringing on copyrights and trade marks? :?
A Sony spokesperson declined to comment directly on the lawsuit against Lik-Sang, but recently went on to tell Gamesindustry.biz that "ultimately, we're trying to protect consumers from being sold hardware that does not conform to strict EU or UK consumer safety standards, due to voltage supply differences et cetera; is not - in PS3's case - backwards compatible with either PS1 or PS2 software; will not play European Blu-Ray movies or DVDs; and will not be covered by warranty".

Lik Sang strongly disagrees with Sony's opinion that their customers need this kind of protection and pointed out that PSP consoles shipped from Lik-Sang contained genuine Sony 100V-240V AC Adapters that carry CE and other safety marks and are compatible world wide. All PSP consoles were in conformity with all EU and UK consumer safety regulations.
They clearly listed the voltage requirements of each console, say where it is from and even sold step-down convertors. People knew what they were buying into.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Sony shuts down Lik Sang

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Sony shuts down Lik Sang

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт