Final Fantasy XII

A place to talk about... anything!
Gabryel
Tomcat

Post by Gabryel »

Tivia wrote:Chains are your friend, That is where you make money in this game. I have made about 500k just by constantly doing chain 100+.
Any tips on that? Ive yet to get anything higher than chain 60, from those Alraune mobs while I was farming succulent fruits. But to do that consistently, I had to literally run from zone to zone within both deserts to find a healty supply of them, and eventually they would stop spawning altogether.

Also I recently came upon a monograph for amorphs and undead, think that would be my best bet? Possibly go for strips of festering flesh from the bevel of undead in Miriam shrine? (I have no idea what items are "superior" from what the monograph's description gave)
Rhydia of Caitsith is back! 75WAR, WHM, SMN

"Death is not the end but a gateway to a new beginning."
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Werewolfs in Giza, once you hit chain 40 on them they regularly drop items worth 500 each, you only have to run over two screens to keep respawning them if you want to make the most money. Otherwise if you want LP and cash, any mobs thatare in abundence and you can 1 hit make the best chain mobs to farm.

There is a mob that you can set your gambits up on and literally AFK fight if your party is level 30 and you will rake in tons of LP and gil. I do not prefer to afk fight myself so I stick to the werewolves myself because I cannot handle thousands of 1hit mobs, my wrists start throbbing.
Gabryel
Tomcat

Post by Gabryel »

Thanks for the tip! :D

I also found a little section myself where you can find a great spot to gain 99 yellow liquids and water crystals in a very short time!

In the Henne Mines, there is 2 small sections that control the gates inside a 4-way intersection, and when you hit the switch inside these rooms, Jellys fall from the ceiling. In the second section, FAR more Jellys drop and they all love to use the divide move. I got up to chain 230 in just 5 visits to this room, lol. My gambits and characters were set-up just so that Fran (my "paladin char") was always in and had a char casting decoy on her before hitting the switch. Protect helps too, but not needed if your set-up right. Equip the best shield available to you, and the gauntlets accessory. If you have the LP available, make sure to get as many Sheild Block augments as possible. For your other 2 characters, all you gotta do is have them constantly cast AoE magics, and watch the carnage and items come rolling in!

Yellow liquids sell for just around 550 , you can make 50k just in that before you gotta teleport outta there to sell em all. Also they on rare occasions (also with a Monograph's help I believe) they drop Float motes and Teleport shards, so you wont lose any shards for the constant teleporting you'll be doing.

So far this has been the fastest way of making money i've seen, I'm sure there'll be better spots later on, but I thought I would share this one awesome spot with you all, happy hunting! ^^ 8)

Edit: Water magicite pieces are the other drop name, not crystals, also when your charachters are higher lvl, try not to one-shot them otherwise you'll only get about 15-17 kills per visit, lol noticed when I killed em too quick I get less kills per time, try to spread out the time you take to get the maximum benefit of the dropping ones and the ones that choose to divide.

And another note, if possible, have your characters protected against Confusion, one well placed Phantasmal gaze will have you hurten, you have been warned, lol. ^^

ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

lol- today's GD Tangent is hilarious. Apparently Fred Perry is enjoying FFXII too. lol

Edit- bah, for whatever reason the img tags didn't want to work for me. So, here's the link:

Meeting of minds

Edit#2- fixed, thanks to Sugami's help. I'm never posting before 8am again. ><
Last edited by ScarlettPheonix on Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

You have to link to an image for an img tag to work, not a website :lol:
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Henne mines is one of 3 extremely good spots, It is not the AFK one, but the best overall. I was not going to say the name to avoid spoilage for others.
Gabryel
Tomcat

Post by Gabryel »

Hehe couldn't keep such a great farming spot to myself.

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

ROFLs :lol:

Think I'd have the same attitude if I played the game :P
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

OMG!! LOL- thanks Sugami. My brain hadn't quite engaged yesterday morning when I made that post. I knew I was forgetting something- just couldn't tell what it was.

Fred Perry sure seems to be enjoying FFXII, here's today's Level Up!

[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Gabryel
Tomcat

Post by Gabryel »

Wooot! Ended up beating it today. Won't spoil any endings for you guyz but I just wanna say I feel it was very similar to most of the FF game endings. The ending boss fights were a tad too easy, and they really need to put in more content/story resolution in the ending sequence itself.

But hey, for being the last FF to grace the PS2, it was a great journey. Can't wait to go through again and get what I missed.

Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

I am loving the Hunt system and the Rares game, I have not even advanced the storyline all that much although I do enjoy the intrigue in this one because I am fully engrossed in the Hunts.

This is my Pokemon "Gotta Kill em All" :lol:
Gabryel
Tomcat

Post by Gabryel »

Lol reading throughly about certain things I missed, just wait till you gotta fight the really high ranking Hunts.

Just looked at 3 different monsters: 1 had ~1.5mil HP, 1 had ~3.5mil, and the final one, which I can't see anyone beating until very last because of it's lvl99 status, has roughly 8.5mil HP. Good Luck! ^^

(Just to put in retrospect, final boss only had ~225000 HP, far below any of those Hunts)

Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

only 8.5mil? That is actually disappointing. I would have figured with Nemesis having 10mil in X that the anti would be upped.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I never finished my copy of XII been working on TESIV: Oblivion, and prepping for the expansion TESIV: The White Knights
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Final Fantasy XII

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru