Final Fantasy XII

A place to talk about... anything!
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Final Fantasy XII

Post by Keavy »

Comes out this Tuesday here in the U.S. and I am psyched for it. I can't wait to skip lunch to go to EB Games and get it (They're planning some Halloween B.S. at work so I was looking for an excuse to get out anyways) and as soon as I get home I plan on playing it until I have to go to work the next day and basically keep on doing that until I beat the game or pass out on the drive to or from work and die in a horrible car crash.

So, who else is getting Final Fantasy XII?
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

I'm going to get it, but for my best friend. I just watch the console games, just not a console gamer.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Wanta
Kitten

Post by Wanta »

It won't be out here in Europe till like February 2007, they've delayed it so long that I lost interest anyway. Might get it in 2008 after it goes Platinum.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

I'll send you my copy if I can get my hands on it :(
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

No PS2 so meh, sounds like they've screwed up the battle engine thingie anyways :?
Camu
Big Cat

Post by Camu »

I will not be buying it at the moment. Between Phantasy Star Universe and Neverwinter Nights 2 that comes out on the 31st, I have no time for Final Fantasy anything.
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

I saw the demo for that game. Not very interesting at all in my opinion. Might just pass this one up :lol:
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
Gabryel
Tomcat

Re: Final Fantasy XII

Post by Gabryel »

Keavy wrote:Comes out this Tuesday here in the U.S. and I am psyched for it. I can't wait to skip lunch to go to EB Games and get it (They're planning some Halloween B.S. at work so I was looking for an excuse to get out anyways) and as soon as I get home I plan on playing it until I have to go to work the next day and basically keep on doing that until I beat the game or pass out on the drive to or from work and die in a horrible car crash.

So, who else is getting Final Fantasy XII?
Wow....just wow, you took the words/ideas right outta my head, sure your not my twin? o.O :? lol

I've played the demo, and altho the concepts in it are vastly different than anything FF players are used too, I believe with enough time given people will get used to it rather quickly. Kudos to SE ,for once lol, for finally putting a new spin on RPGing.
Rhydia of Caitsith is back! 75WAR, WHM, SMN

"Death is not the end but a gateway to a new beginning."
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

can't play, why you ask, becuase.......... N E E D F O R S P E E D C A R B O N!!!
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Friend of mine has the pirated version so I played it for a couple of hours.

My local EB is doing a midnight launch...I will be there will bells on I of course bought the collectors edition. :roll:
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

The extras from that DVD will be up on Torrent and/or YouTube in no time so I'll take that $10 I'm saving and get lunch on my way back from EB.

I read the review in EGM and they said that once you get used to the Gambit system it makes level grinding a breeze. When it comes to boss fights its best to micromanage the characters yourself.

As for the license board...its like the sphere board. The only real difference between the two is you can't get every ability on the license board.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Bought at midnight...have not slept..so very tired...can't stop playing..
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

my review is meh.

The boss AI is too easy, not enough challenge, and the story is a bit .... I can't find the right words, sorry. Still half way through it.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

I am quite pleased with the game so far. Once I got used to the new battle technique I fell in love. Like in the battle with the queen mimic I sent Fran off to kill the babies and micromanaged the rest of the party during the fight.

Overall I am very happy with my purchase.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

ALMOST beat the game today, but I had dynamis /sigh
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:ALMOST beat the game today, but I had dynamis /sigh
Did you import it or something? I have 25 hours invested since it released and have not attained sufficient levels to where I will even consider progressing the storyline that much.. :o

I am still Farming the dino and LP..level 30 and counting..
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

Game is easy? Yeah... if you grind for hours on end maybe....

I'm stuck on Judge Ghis right now at Lv14. He absolutely destroyed me...

I could never kill that hunt mob in the mines, either, that Nidhogg thing. All those things seem to enjoy being able to hit you multiple times for hundreds of damage per hit...
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Tivia wrote:
KarouKaniyashia wrote:ALMOST beat the game today, but I had dynamis /sigh
Did you import it or something? I have 25 hours invested since it released and have not attained sufficient levels to where I will even consider progressing the storyline that much.. :o

I am still Farming the dino and LP..level 30 and counting..
yes I imported it. I dont support botched translations of games.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Ah :D
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

the worst translation job in history was Suikoden II, Konami never let that happen to Suikoden Series ever again
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:the worst translation job in history was Suikoden II, Konami never let that happen to Suikoden Series ever again
You have never watched the Shaw Brother's martial arts films, have you?

Breathtaking fight coreography, awesome costuming, dubs that will have you rolling on the floor even if you speak no Japanese at all.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have made Fran my main mage. I recently had to start over because I royally screwed up (Saved before a fight and I was way too low level to beat the boss) so yeah.

Still, I like to take a quick run-through the game to get used to everything then start over from the beginning so it worked out.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Can't you have multiple saves? Alternate between about 3 saved games then there's some room for error...

So you have to kill silly little mobs a lot to get high enough level to get through the story? What a load... that's why I didn't think much of FFI and why FFVII is so great, you level as you progress through the story not level to progress through the story.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

i never make multiple saves in RPGs, even KOTORII says I should but meh
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

I agree. One save is it. Well, I usually make one that is past the tutorial for restarts but...I saved over that one this time :oops:
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Sugami wrote:Can't you have multiple saves? Alternate between about 3 saved games then there's some room for error...

So you have to kill silly little mobs a lot to get high enough level to get through the story? What a load... that's why I didn't think much of FFI and why FFVII is so great, you level as you progress through the story not level to progress through the story.
You don't have to, That is just how I prefer to play.
Gabryel
Tomcat

Post by Gabryel »

Been awhile since I've posted since i've been grinding on this too, lol.

48 hrs in and geez >.> this game is engrossing....

lvls 30-31 so far, atm doing catch-up on Marks hunting. Just got past the part in the story when you obtain the Sword of Kings (after beating the ice esper, UGH i hated that damn fight!!!!!)

Noticed early on how annoying it is not to have enough gil to constatly update your equip enough so that you actually stand 1/2 a chance against the harder normal, rare game, and especially boss monsters.

My set-up for licencing was pretty much having each character specialize in a few things.
Vaan in speedy melee weapons and tecks.
Balthier in guns and poles (cuz they are along the same line, made sense for a melee weapon, lol).
Fran is my "Paladin"; going all heavy armor, sword/shield, and white magic with a splash of protective green magics (also the arcane magic decoy hehe).
Basch is my Heavy weapon master, Spears/Katans/Greatswords, also heavy armor to keep his STR stat at its maximum, additionally he wields xbows to keep himself up with my "archer team".
Ashe is my mage; Black/time/arcane excusively, with splashings of white and green, also mastered in staves/rods.
Lastly Penelo is my true archer, all bows mastered, and a healty complement of white and green magics on hand, also mastered clubs/maces for when she has to go melee (which isnt often haha).

I fear this game will keep me away from 11 for a long time coming, lol, its so good (albeit frustrating at times) and I'm sure I'll be missing a ton of stuff my 1st time through that I'll have to go again with a guide to get what I missed.

Great game so far! ^^
Last edited by Gabryel on Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rhydia of Caitsith is back! 75WAR, WHM, SMN

"Death is not the end but a gateway to a new beginning."
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

I only have multiple save files in FF if theres a SWEET cutscence that I would want to watch over and over again when I feel bored.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Gabryel wrote:Been awhile since I've posted since i've been grinding on this too, lol.

48 hrs in and geez >.> this game is engrossing....

lvls 30-31 so far, atm doing catch-up on Marks hunting. Just got past the part in the story when you obtain the Sword of Kings (after beating the ice esper, UGH i hated that damn fight!!!!!)

Noticed early on how annoying it is not to have enough gil to constatly update your equip enough so that you actually stand 1/2 a chance against the harder normal, rare game, and especially boss monsters.

My set-up for licencing was pretty much having each character specialize in a few things.
Vaan in speedy melee weapons and tecks.
Balthier in guns and poles (cuz they are along the same line, made sense for a melee weapon, lol).
Fran is my "Paladin"; going all heavy armor, sword/shield, and white magic with a splash of protective green magics (also the arcane magic decoy hehe).
Basch is my Heavy weapon master, Spears/Katans/Greatswords, also heavy armor to keep his STR stat at its maximum, additionally he wields xbows to keep himself up with my "archer team".
Ashe is my mage; Black/time/arcane excusively, with splashings of white and green, also mastered in staves/rods.
Lastly Penelo is my true archer, all bows mastered, and a healty complement of white and green magics on hand, also mastered clubs/maces for when she has to go melee (which isnt often haha).

I fear this game will keep me away from 11 for a long time coming, lol, its so good (albeit frustrating at times) and I'm sure I'll be missing a ton of stuff my 1st time through that I'll have to go again with a guide to get what I missed.

Great game so far! ^^
Chains are your friend, That is where you make money in this game. I have made about 500k just by constantly doing chain 100+.