FFXI Devs speak out!

A place to talk about... anything!
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

Level 3 renkei bonuses go 100-150-200. If you have the right threnody on a critter, you stand a good chance of getting your full bonus most of the time. So, you just need a spell that usually does ~650 damage on a 2-step renkei -- less for 3&4 steps.
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Pheonixhawk wrote:
ScarlettPheonix wrote: Light being the preferred skillchain of course and hoo boy- MBing as a Red Mage for 1.3k+ damage is just plain fun.
wth... Is that even possible? And if so, with what spell? :shock:
Yes it is possible :)

Thunder III on Qutrubs in Arrapago Reef to be exact, although I've been told you can do numbers close to that or higher with Fire III against Qutrubs and undead skeletons too, I normally go for Thunder III on Light.

Edit- Oh, and the night I did that- we didn't have a brd in the party. It was a "normal" setup of PLD, WAR, THF, WHM, me and MNK. 1.3k was my highest but even when resisted my MBs were hitting the 1k-1.1k mark easily and the few free nukes I had time/mp for landed for between 700-900.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Nobodyreal
Housecat

Post by Nobodyreal »

ScarlettPheonix wrote:
Pheonixhawk wrote:
ScarlettPheonix wrote: Light being the preferred skillchain of course and hoo boy- MBing as a Red Mage for 1.3k+ damage is just plain fun.
wth... Is that even possible? And if so, with what spell? :shock:
Yes it is possible :)

Thunder III on Qutrubs in Arrapago Reef to be exact, although I've been told you can do numbers close to that or higher with Fire III against Qutrubs and undead skeletons too, I normally go for Thunder III on Light.

Edit- Oh, and the night I did that- we didn't have a brd in the party. It was a "normal" setup of PLD, WAR, THF, WHM, me and MNK. 1.3k was my highest but even when resisted my MBs were hitting the 1k-1.1k mark easily and the few free nukes I had time/mp for landed for between 700-900.
Keep in mind that Qutrubs have rather low defense and take big number damage from just about everything. I've personally done 50+ damage just from an en-spell, just as reference.
[img]http://users.sisna.com/mschild/graphics/ffxisig.jpg[/img]
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Well, true...but its still fun as hell^^
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: FFXI Devs speak out!

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: FFXI Devs speak out!

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting