New Job Changes.

A place to talk about... anything!
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

New Job Changes.

Post by Eviticus »

Source is from a Japanese Fanfest Blog. http://ff11creatersvoice.cocolog-nifty.com/fanfes/ . Translated by Miruka from Seraph, translation can be found here. http://miruka.livejournal.com/142402.html?mode=reply

Looks to be some very interesting changes. But being a Drg fanatic, I'd like to pull out one thing and comment if I may.
竜騎士 Dragoon

【ジョブの特徴】 Job Features
多彩なジャンプを駆使し、飛竜と共に戦うアタッカー。
Attacker job that uses its many jumps and wyvern pet to fight.

【今後について】 Future Plans
スーパージャンプの再使用間隔が3分に短縮。
エンパシーによって、ストンスキンをワイバーンと共有することが可能になる。
竜剣にジャンプ系アビリティの再使用時間をクリアする効果が付加
Shortening Super Jump's reuse timer to 3 minutes.
With Empathy, it will be become possible to share Stoneskin with the Wyvern.
The ability to reset the recast times of the Jump type abilities will be added to Spirit Surge.

※次回バージョンアップにご期待ください!
Look forward to the next version update!
Anyone else thinking they can see a way to boost the effectiveness of this situation? If Spirit Surge will recharge our Jumps...

Super Jump(To clear any hate you may have previously built, to not get too much.) > Jump > High Jump > Spirit Surge > Jump > High Jump > WS?

And it get's better. *Grabs a Cor and drags him over here.*

Super Jump > Jump > High Jump > Spirit Surge > Jump > High Jump > WS? > Cor 2hr > Call Wyvern > Jump > High Jump > Spirit Surge > Jump > High Jump > WS if possible > Super Jump.

wtfpwnt.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Susannah
Tomcat

Post by Susannah »

Dragoon is an awesome job, I don't know why it gets bashed by everyone.
Seraph Server. Pirate leader of the SkeletonCrew.
August 5, 1958 - May 10, 2006
You never know how much your parents mean to you, until they're gone away. Cherish your time spent, for it may all disappear tomorrow. I miss you momma.
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Simple, 2 reasons.

Most common reason is way back when, there was the "TP Nerf". Used to be that for every hit in a multi hit WS, you got full TP for each strike. So using Penta thrust, if all 5 hit, you could have 50-60 tp after each WS. It used to be that Drg/Sam would make a great combo and you could fire off Penta's moderately regularly.

After the "nerf" though, that's no longer the case.

Also, it's one of the "Pet" jobs. Bst, Drg, Pup, and Smn.

"Pet" jobs are complex, so much so it's hard and often hotly debated (even years after FFXI starts) how to play the jobs to their maximum effectiveness. Therefore, there are several people who play pet jobs wrong, and usually suck as a result. Also, since the damage for that job is divided betweent the Master and Pet, neither put's up as huge numbers as...say...Mnk or Rng.

Most people don't add the damage of the Wyvern and the Drg together. They see my 500 Wheeling Thrust and 150 Flame Breath, versus their 600 point Rampage and think they are better because their WS number was higher.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Those changes are pretty awesome, will also be easier to shed hate when spamming WS (won't have to wait so long for Super Jump to be ready :D). I always thought it stupid that Spirit Surge didn't recharge your Jumps since they're a big part of the ability, another thing they don't seem to be adding is recharging Call Wyvern after Spirit Surge.

Wild Card to recharge 2hrs needs to roll a 5 or a 6, doesn't happen all that often but at least it'll recharge all your Jumps :)

There's nothing complex about Dragoon. Maximize your potential and leave your wyvern to his/her own devices since you have almost no control over them. Your only real choice in a party is, "what to sub?" Know your place and that is easily answered, sad to say I partied with a fair few DRGs in the past who used the wrong sub for the party setup. Not to mention gimp gear.

Past 60 wyvern elemental breaths used to get resisted out the wazoo but since the new merit abilities if your wyvern has full HP there's a good chance he/she won't get resisted. It's also easier to keep wyvern HP up with Empathy since you use Spirit Link a lot :lol:
■召喚士 Summoner

【ジョブの特徴】 Job Features
自分の魔力を使って召喚獣を呼び出し 戦わせる魔術師
Summoning forth Avatars with their powers Magician capable of issuing attacks.

【今後について】 Future Plans
召喚士スキルについての変更
契約の履行の再使用間隔を、敵に対するダメージ系と、回復強化弱体系の2系統に分ける
契約の履行で、召喚魔法スキルがアップする可能性。
召喚士スキルにボーナスを得ている状態で、いくつかの履行技にボーナスが。
About changes to Summoner skills
Division of reuse timers for damage Blood Pacts and supportive Blood Pacts
There will be a chance of raising Summoning Magic Skill while using Blood Pacts
Acquiring bonuses to Summoner skills will cause a few Pact abilities to also recieve bonuses. (Weird sentence, don't take my word for it, I don't want to be the cause of Summoning Torque speculation)
That sounds very tastey and hopefully will enable them to fill a DD-support role a lot better than they do now.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

There was, and continues to be, a strong antiDragoon campagin started on GameFAQs. One regular poster has a loldrg FAQ sheet floating around on the web. It includes the famous cannard "DRGs can't wear Acc gear" as well as many lesser known howlers like "Healing Breath heals the mob too".

In point of fact a top notch DRG pre 60 can easily outparse anyone in a party before his Wivern's damage is added in. A merely good pre 60 DRG + Wiveren should outparse anyone else.

There may be a reninsance in DRG though. The new GameFAQs fads are lolthf and lolblm.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Bitneko
Tomcat

Post by Bitneko »

■青魔道士・コルセア・からくり士 Blue Mage / Corsair / Puppeteer

まだまだ追加していない要素もあるし、調整します。
クリスマスくらいまでにはと考えています。
Because there are still unimplemented elements for these jobs, they are still being adjusted.
Thinking of doing so till around Christmas.
I'm never going to get 75 at this rate. :(
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote:
■召喚士 Summoner

【ジョブの特徴】 Job Features
自分の魔力を使って召喚獣を呼び出し 戦わせる魔術師
Summoning forth Avatars with their powers Magician capable of issuing attacks.

【今後について】 Future Plans
召喚士スキルについての変更
契約の履行の再使用間隔を、敵に対するダメージ系と、回復強化弱体系の2系統に分ける
契約の履行で、召喚魔法スキルがアップする可能性。
召喚士スキルにボーナスを得ている状態で、いくつかの履行技にボーナスが。
About changes to Summoner skills
Division of reuse timers for damage Blood Pacts and supportive Blood Pacts
There will be a chance of raising Summoning Magic Skill while using Blood Pacts
Acquiring bonuses to Summoner skills will cause a few Pact abilities to also recieve bonuses. (Weird sentence, don't take my word for it, I don't want to be the cause of Summoning Torque speculation)
That sounds very tastey and hopefully will enable them to fill a DD-support role a lot better than they do now.
Actually as stupid as it sounds, I beling to the minority that actually is very satisfied with how the job plays.
But we'll see how it goes, I can't say anything yet.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Yukira
Feral Cat

Post by Yukira »

Now I'm getting excited:

■侍 Samurai

【ジョブの特徴】 Job Features
TPに特化し、WSを駆使して戦うアタッカー
Specializing in TP, an attacker that fights using WS

【今後について】 Future Plans
正正堂堂の見直しと低レベルで取得可能な新たなジョブアビリティを追加する予定。
正正堂堂の計算方法を見直し、もっとダメージのボーナスが増えるように。
また、25と35で新規ジョブアビリティを追加する予定で調整を続けている。
キーワードは両手武器。オフェンシブとディフェンシブを選べるような…
また、サポートジョブに「侍」という選択肢ができれば…。 (Holy sh*t that's a lot of Japanese)
There are plans to reevaluate Overwhelm and possibly add a new job ability at low levels.
For Overwhelm, a reevaluation of calculations for the purpose of increasing the damage bonus.
As for the new job ability, we are continuing to examine plans for adding something at 25 and 35.
The keyword is "two handed weapons." Something to do with choosing Offense and Defense... (zomg S-E wants SAM to tank!!11111 so that's what the Hydra armor was about it all makes sense now)
Also, if Samurai is choosable for a support job... (it would be good?)

※次回バージョンアップにご期待ください!
Look forward to the next version update!
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Heh, that comment about SE wanting SAMs to tank strikes me as kinda funny really. Cuz it won't happen without a severe overhaul reall. :?

Mind you, that's not cuz of SE (tho the initial blame may be with them) but it's because people barely seem to tolerate PLDs tanking now, and they're the original non-blink tank. They're the best at it really in a party setup. SAMs are gonna have to gear for defense in order to be able to tank, and gearing up your defense means gearing down your offense. So to balance that out, they'd need Provoke, which means Warrior subjob, and no shadows. Making them another 'blood' tank. Great idea, I'm just worried that the general population of FFXI is gonna look at it and chuck it into the nearest trash bin. :(
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Yukira
Feral Cat

Post by Yukira »

I couldn't care less for the tanking type of SAM. It's the possible damage-increasing/WS/offensive upgrades I wait for... :D
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

■赤魔道士 Red Mage

【ジョブの特徴】 Job Features
敵を弱体させる魔法のエキスパート
Enfeebling Magic expert

【今後について】 Future Plans
状況に応じて、臨機応変に立ち回る面白さを追求していく
Evaluating the interesting points of quick adaptation according to the circumstances (Something like that, draw your own conclusions)

Evaluating the intersting points of quick adaptation... SE why don't you give us something useful, like a bigger mana pool or something..
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

I, for one, was pleasantly surprised to discover that Benediction does erase status effects if the WHM is below a certain HP level.

Well, it did for me when I had to bene during the Mycophile fight.

Pheonixhawk, you get Convert and Refresh. Hell, if we're gonna give RDM a bigger mana pool might as well give RDM Raise II, Regen II, and Cure V.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

The problem with RDM is we are already strong solo and in high demand in parties. Expect only minor tweaks. I wouls like an Enspellga but I don't expect to see it. Nor a Refresh II. I would like the higher level Regens, they are Enhancing Magic after all, but I don't expect that either.

As to SAM, they were originally another Tank class. With the early 1 min Recast timer for Meditate, they were expected to hold Hate with damage, Provoke, and WSs. Endless Pentathrusts would hold Hate I suppose. Like NIN, they didn't work out as planed. Nowadays Squenix says they are NOT a tank. Funny, my melee kitty tanked fine as SAM 49 - 51. She did have to get decent defence armor and put away her Jutisu Gi, not to mention missing a LOT more.

As to having to /WAR, well... that is when SAMs do the most damage. I have a SAM alt, mid 50s, and prefer /RNG for TP gain, but for most parties she is /WAR. The inability of most melees to hold two skillchains in their head is just apalling.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Its just they never give rdm anything new... I know there can be improvements. and yes, Rdm could use Raise II. Heck when I main heal in parties and someone dies, the ask me do I have Raise II. When I tell them no, they want to know if a whm is nearby to raise em...
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Pheonixhawk wrote:Its just they never give rdm anything new... I know there can be improvements. and yes, Rdm could use Raise II.

R II we will NEVER get. If we did, WHMs would be flat out of work.
Pheonixhawk wrote:Heck when I main heal in parties and someone dies, the ask me do I have Raise II. When I tell them no, they want to know if a whm is nearby to raise em...
RDM with R II..... /rolls her eyes. In our wildest dreams.

Party with a RDM as main healer, eat R I. Keeps the WHMs employed.

Either that or spring for a RR Gorget.

Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

I think the thing I like most about the updates, aside from the Drg stuff, is possibly what they may be doing to Smn. I mean, granted, I'm only Lv 11 with Carby and Garuda, a couple elemental spirits. But from what I've read on the Smn boards on Alla, it seems to me that Smn is pretty much a cure tank till 70, then they are a cure tank with some good BP's.

Not to say previously there were no good BP's, just seemed like it was too little, too slow. Rarely have I had a pt where the Smn used their buffs to their fullest extent. I'd like to see more Smn's doing that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Im curious... why isn't rdm an advanced job. I mean clearly it could smoke a blm or whm one on one...

We can solo Avatars and the God Genbu...

We make exp chains go from 1 to 5+

Plus rdm/nin are pretty hard to kill.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

Advanced job just refers to one of the jobs you can't get as a brand new player -- you have to quest and unlock all the "advanced" jobs. Ignoring PvP arguments, I'd agree, though. RDM has so many different roles to fill that I'd consider it one of the hardest jobs around to do well.

The days of being a refresh bot for your party are long gone.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Tsybil wrote:There was, and continues to be, a strong antiDragoon campagin started on GameFAQs. One regular poster has a loldrg FAQ sheet floating around on the web. It includes the famous cannard "DRGs can't wear Acc gear" as well as many lesser known howlers like "Healing Breath heals the mob too".
What a retard. Scorpion Harness doesn't count as accuracy gear, does it? Woodsmen/Sniper's, Life Belt etc.

And the healing breath healing mob just made me laugh. lolDRG is a very old stale joke and anyone who actually believes it is even more retarded then the unimaginative morons who spit it out to try to win an arguement or whatever.
Kintrra wrote: Heh, that comment about SE wanting SAMs to tank strikes me as kinda funny really. Cuz it won't happen without a severe overhaul really.
I don't think SAM was ever meant to be full time tanks and doubt that's what is planned for them by this. What the game is lacking are good backup tanks or part-time tanks and if SAM can jump into that role ontop of their WS/SC mastery then it can only help them secure a place in a party better.
Tsybil wrote: R II we will NEVER get. If we did, WHMs would be flat out of work.
WHM are already out of work when it comes to elitest prick parties (AKA WAR/MNK/NIN onry), I think Regen II and Raise II are long overdue for RDM.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Sugami wrote:
Tsybil wrote:There was, and continues to be, a strong antiDragoon campagin started on GameFAQs. One regular poster has a loldrg FAQ sheet floating around on the web. It includes the famous cannard "DRGs can't wear Acc gear" as well as many lesser known howlers like "Healing Breath heals the mob too".
What a retard. Scorpion Harness doesn't count as accuracy gear, does it? Woodsmen/Sniper's, Life Belt etc.
In this FAQ sheet he flat says that DRGs cannot wear any of these things. He made it as a straightforward FAQ sheet, not to look like a joke. I have occasionally seen parts of it quoted, both by people who know it as a joke and credulious believers. I have to see if I can find it and post a link.

Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

What are the adjustments for Pld? Does that mean that the longer they fight the stronger they get? That would be awesome.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Pheonixhawk wrote:What are the adjustments for Pld? Does that mean that the longer they fight the stronger they get? That would be awesome.
Much as I would love to see that I doubt it. Even tho I'm past the level grinding part of PLD, I still love watching them change the complaints with the job and adjust it. But I have to admit, what they really need to change is something about the job at 70+. Once you hit Merit parties, you might as well put your tank gear away. Since everyone wants quicker kills for small fast exp (which I honestly can't blame them for), PLDs have to either go as fully DD as they can to be an honest addition to the pt, or face a banishment to meriting in Sky only as a straight tank. Unless you happen to be in a Dynamis LS and you can consistently get to runs in order to get your AF2 for the extra Enmity. But even then most of the time people aren't happy since you're not helping kill any faster. Makes me almost glad I'm such a DD happy PLD to begin with...but also lessens my pride in my job at the same time.
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Stronger, no. More durable, probably. Will be helpful for fighting gods and HNM.
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

My bet on PLD is that they're just tweaking the refresh aspect or providing some other means for the PLD to not have to stop and med back MP. All they said is "more continous", which I only see as "less downtime". The problem they face here is that if they go too far, you can replace WHM and RDM with a PLD/whm as a healer in a burn party.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Okuza wrote:My bet on PLD is that they're just tweaking the refresh aspect or providing some other means for the PLD to not have to stop and med back MP. All they said is "more continous", which I only see as "less downtime". The problem they face here is that if they go too far, you can replace WHM and RDM with a PLD/whm as a healer in a burn party.
Someone uses WHM in a burn party? :?:

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Tsybil wrote: Someone uses WHM in a burn party? :?:
I do! Raise III yes, please! If RDM aren't available then people will go for WHM too.

Yesterday had 2 RDM in my party, pulled an imp but when I got to camp the others already pulled something else so I was running around getting beat on my the imp, not one cure from either RDM >.> there goes 50K hedgehog pie.

I shouldn't have to retard myself (/NIN) to protect myself from retards...
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

what were the rdm's doing? Sleeping a the keyboard? noobs..
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: New Job Changes.

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт