Lastest Accomplishments or Goals

A place to talk about... anything!
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

I've heard about the tricks with the Light Spirit, but until my summoning skill is a lot closer to cap, I'm not going to worry about it.

Last night, Astral Leather dropped in Limbus. I picked up Glittering Yarn last Thursday, so I will finally get my first piece of AF+1! Just have to wait until Sunday for my Evoker's Pigaches+1 to be returned. ^^
[FFX|V] Mystiana Rulean >> BLM iL94 - DRG iL91 - SMN iL93 - SCH iL77
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1463791/
[FFXI] Mystiana@Shiva >> 99 DNC DRG SMN [currently retired]
90+ WAR BLM WHM BST BRD SCH :: 494 Merit Points
Rank 10 for all nations :: Craft: [Cooking: 54][Fishing: 50]
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Firemyst wrote: Last night, Astral Leather dropped in Limbus. I picked up Glittering Yarn last Thursday, so I will finally get my first piece of AF+1! Just have to wait until Sunday for my Evoker's Pigaches+1 to be returned. ^^
Grats,
that piece is definately worth 100% of the effort put in it.
In my honest opinion, if you like to solo.
Leave the rest alone.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I managed to snag an Assault Earring for 800K :lol: dropped down from 1.3mil in like 2 weeks so I'm pretty pleased with that :D

I'm so fed up with moron kaginawa crafters, dropped the price so much if I were to buy the manticore hairs I'd lose 2K for every stack sold. Even worked out that with a 25% HQ rate and 5% fail rate they'd be looking at 50-80K profit from 20 synths, which is really quite pathetic, I really don't know why they keep on dropping the price :x once my remaining stacks of kaginawa sell I'll sell manticore hairs separately, absolutely no point in crafting them now. 100 hairs to go for my Woodsman Ring :lol:
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Goldsmith 54.

Blu 23.

Beat Dynamiss San d'Oria, and......

Obtained Duelist's Boots!!!

/dance
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

You're lucky you're seeing so many RDM AF drop o_o; I've only seen the Gloves twice.

Nothing new for me, still having issues with moron crafters and trying to sell everything quickly enough :x
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Hehe, couple small accomplishments for me.

Helping Koshimu get her Frog Trousers. ^^ How I pulled off a 1200+ Savage Blade is beyond me, but I wanna do it again!

and it musta just been my night for fun numbers...again this morning during a merit party I picked up before bed.

I think I scared the RNG. He thought the BLU threw out that Vorpal. :lol:
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Sugami wrote:You're lucky you're seeing so many RDM AF drop o_o; I've only seen the Gloves twice.
After about 10 - 15 Dynamiss runs I feel more like its about time. But a Hume RDM in my social LS has been on 30something and gotten nothing.

Prevoius to this Dynamiss LS, I was with ones that had a level restriction to lot. I got to lot once for a set of gloves. Now that I am 72 and could lot with the other ones, I am in one with a Karma system.

The run where I got my Gloves we had 7 parties and 6 THFs. Never saw so many AF drops on a run before. The last one, not a single piece dropped till the last 1/3 of the run.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

I really don't know why they keep on dropping the price
I hate it when gilsellers decide to take over. This is what they do -- they lower the price to force out all the competition, then they raise it back up again. Generaly only full-time HQ3 crafters do this regularly (ie. gilsellers), since they can freeze out others and still make a profit while doing it.

People complain about gilsellers trying to lock down rare spawns, but IMHO, that's not where their gil is coming from. Camping sellers are visible and cheat and are often banned. So, how do gilsellers make their gil!? They craft.

Unlike camping and killing, almost all crafting can be done with a pure bot 24/7 nonstop. Crafting bots are never banned. I see them all the time churning out tools, meds, & food. Crafting basically is a total waste of time for a real person to do as a profit endeavor, but if you had a bot doing it and reloading AH, you could make a TON of gil. IMHO, that's how the sellers get back on their feet so fast after a mass banning and bank confiscation.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I'm pretty sure I've been on more than 15+ dynamis runs yet for me DRK & MNK are rarer since I haven't seen a single one of those drop :oops:

They don't raise the price again, it stays constantly low. It got up to 38K (that's about 5K profit per stack given no HQ or break) then people dropped it again, so I just got fed up and dropped it way low. Hopefully I can drive them out considering all my hairs are farmed I'm getting income no matter what the price is and it's easier and quicker to shift Kaginawa than Manticore hairs (farmers are being morons too).
If they are gilsellers then there's at least 3 of them competition against each other, if they aren't gilsellers then they're still retards.

Anyways I managed to get a bit of exp and do some assaults yesterday, yay :D We went 2/3 on the worm on because the stupid PLD just ran straight into the big room and linked 5 worms, that all cast Stonega III. Just need another 15Kish points for my purple hat :)
Katina
Big Cat

Post by Katina »

8) 8) 8)

w00000t just hit 70 war today aka MY 3RD JOB INTO THE 70s

Man am I glad. B/c now I can lot on some fricken god wear at sky events and alot of wear at that thx to being a war. Also finally can use my optical hat and suppa for a real melee job vs showing off with my mages.

Also got COR and it's my new 4th main. After i finish war.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/SilverBlade830/katfinal.jpg[/img]
Many things go unsaid every day with those close to us. But the feelings are always there and true.

75whm//75blm//75war ZM/CoP: O
90+3 bonecraft 60 leathercraft/ alchemy
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Linkshell's first internal sea farm!

found 3 gods to play with.
Ix'DRK, Ix'DRG and Jailer of Temperance.

Ix'DRG

And the Jailer of Temperance! (Sorry couldn't get a pic of DRK.)
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Shirai are all your screenies from 360? They look so clear and crisp compared to my crappy ol' PC... orz just have a kickass GFX card and lots of .dat mods and such? :x

I got within 161 of 68 then my party disbanded, doh! I feel worse for the THF who just arrived though, BRD suddenly had to leave and the NIN couldn't stay around for much longer either.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote:Shirai are all your screenies from 360? They look so clear and crisp compared to my crappy ol' PC... orz just have a kickass GFX card and lots of .dat mods and such? :x
I'm a PC player, but yes my PC stats are a bit above avarage.
As for .dat modding/swapping. I love that!
So far I have only modded my maps, interface, Elemental staves, wahlara Turban and my AF pants to match my AFv2 hands =P.
Ow and my face has Blue stripes and blue eartips :)

The clarity of the screenies might also be because I reduced the size.
I play at a 1280x1024 resolution.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

The name font and arrow thing look so much sharper too :? that's probably why I thought it was 360 but then I realised a few .dat swaps (staff) and thought that can't be :lol: I so~ need a new GFX card, hopefully for my birthday.

For the first time in my COR career I was invited to a burn party, manaburn :o I was a bit curious about how well it'd work and how useful I'd be but it was really awesome.
The setup was BLMx4, RDM (WHM sub I think) and me (NIN sub for pulling). RDM did most the pulling anyways which made /NIN kinda useless.

I played around with Healer's, Evoker's and Wizard's Roll at first. Decided that Evoker's was too weak without a SMN and the amount of healing they do Healer's would work better. After a while I swapped Wizard's for Warlock's and they just loved it, they'd rarely get any resists making things die so much faster and easier.
After a while (couple BLM were replaced) the RDM changed sub to BRD for extra Refresh and I changed sub to RDM for some healing support and extra power to Quick Shot (239 unresisted with staff).

I was with them for 3 hours and managed 27K in total, they told me that I made the party so much better :)
I also dinged 68 in that party but I started 161 tnl :P

Edit: Ooh I forget we killed Steel Fleece Baldric yesterday :D Got a tell from my friend asking if I could go so I jumped on RDM/NIN with all my DD and evasion gear and got tele'd out. We gathered, buffed and just before I was gonna claim it a NIN50 had a go and died quite quickly hehe. Then I quickly claimed it and started fighting.
When we started we had WHM70something, DRK72/THF, THF60ish and me so I had to tank :lol: The big fat ram could barely touch me and with all the hate being planted on me it was just a matter of time before we took it down with ease. BLM joined mid-fight too :)

I might try to solo Lumber Jack next :lol:
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Ding COR69 :D 68-69 just from manaburning, my marksmanship is gonna get rusty :lol:
The BLM who was in the past 2 parties wants to use me till 75 :lol:

Also 3/3 on Assaults yay :) 2 worm ones and 1 walls :)

Edit: 13/9/06

Ding again COR70 with 4K tnl, manaburns may be a bit dull and gimp my marksmanship but the exp is great and I save a lot of money on bullets :lol:

Edit: 14/9/06

You guessed it, dinged again COR71. Manaburn yet again these people love me :lol: We changed camp to the flans, it started a bit rocky at first but after a while we got our thang down. Also the resistance on flans is a LOT less than Wamoura Princes so I changed Warlock's Roll for *shudder* Corsair's Roll since MP wasn't an issue.
I started shooting whilst the RDM was pulling, got a bit of skillups that way and was also fun hehe, hope to do some more in the next one.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

I've tested it on whm/smn with staff and club, it gives Double Attack.
This is soo nice while farming on smn, more spirit takers and more Skillchaining with Fenny <3

[edit]
Page 76 is mine in the name of my recently deceased cat.
Rest in peace Mosy! I will miss you :(
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Jealous!!! Why the hell do you need a Brutal Earring anyways? :lol:

Ding COR72, think that's the last of my manaburn parties I'm pretty damn bored of them and the exp was starting to get weak, not to mention gimping my Marksmanship.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote:Jealous!!! Why the hell do you need a Brutal Earring anyways? :lol:
Like I said,
for farming on summoner the double attack + Store TP +1 really helps to build TP for extra spirit takers while having Fenny out to tank the mobs.
I usually farm EP/DC, and that takes quite a bit of MP which Spirit takers get bak nicely. :)

Next to that I've been gathering stuff for PLD which I plan to level up
and I also want stuff to pimp out my melee whm.

(I'm planning to go whm/war or nin and tank some sky gods for kicks, our LS has a brd that already tanks/kites every sky god if a brd can a whm can is my motto. 8) )
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

3/5 on SMN AFv2!!!

[edit] Not to fill this page with my name only.

And so My HNMLS killed all Tier I sea gods.

Ix'MNK

Jailer of Fortitude

Jailer of Faith

And 4/6 on Merit Blood Pacts.
(Wind Blade, Heavenly Strike, Geocrush and Thunderstorm.)
Last edited by Shirai on Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Cripes Shirai :shock: Go go kitty! :D
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I see dead people... well... person :lol:

Yours sceenies make me cry... I want mine to look like sweet :(

Oh umm... got 2 merits yesterday :) one more for another Polearm upgrade :)
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

FINALLY got off my lazy butt and leveled my subjob. Got BLM to 32 in 2 hours (Not a lie, either. This party was amazing!!!) then party broke up so I went fishing, leveled Alchemy (Now level 8 and I got my test done for it) then I went Carp fishing and found out that, on my server at least, Moat Carp are nearing the point of worthlessness (4K a stack and falling fast) so I turned in what I have.

Also got Fishing to 17 :D As soon as I get Fishing to 22 I can skill up on Herring and start leveling Cooking again using said Herring.

OH!!! Another thing I finally got around to doing was taking screenshots of Keavy in her WHM AF. These are off the PS2 because I couldn't get my roommate off the Xbox 360 :x

Front view

Back view
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Keavy wrote:FINALLY got off my lazy butt and leveled my subjob. Got BLM to 32 in 2 hours (Not a lie, either. This party was amazing!!!) then party broke up so I went fishing, leveled Alchemy (Now level 8 and I got my test done for it) then I went Carp fishing and found out that, on my server at least, Moat Carp are nearing the point of worthlessness (4K a stack and falling fast) so I turned in what I have.
Congrats,
You've come past a huge accomplishment.
It gets better from here.
You're able to do more quests/missions and have more useful spells and abilities from here on.
(It can be worse also but generally the parties also get better.)

As for the carps, see it like this it's only 4k a stack but they sell insanely fast.
When you have fished up the next batch, your first batch has already sold 9/10 times.
I have the same with Spider webs, I farm about 10 in an hour.
They are back to 5/8k each (from 10/15k) but it takes roughly 30 minutes to sell a full AH set of 7 making me about 50/80k an hour.
(It's not much compared to what crafters "can" make, but 3/4 hours makes me enough to cover my weekly expenses.)
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Ding COR73 (just) *sigh* 40K to 74 then another 42K to 75 then I'll want to get another 20K buffer before I enter COR into merit mode.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Keavy wrote:I went Carp fishing and found out that, on my server at least, Moat Carp are nearing the point of worthlessness (4K a stack and falling fast) so I turned in what I have.
When I first started Moats went for 4K/12 and that was a LOT of Gil.
Shirai wrote:I have the same with Spider webs, I farm about 10 in an hour.
They are back to 5/8k each (from 10/15k) but it takes roughly 30 minutes to sell a full AH set of 7 making me about 50/80k an hour.
(It's not much compared to what crafters "can" make, but 3/4 hours makes me enough to cover my weekly expenses.)
My Clothcrafter is making a living off Rainbow stuff now. On Garuda the webs are 5 - 6K and Rainbow Cloth goes for 600K/12. 72 webs makes 12 Cloth, so its decent Gil but she is dependent on the avability of webs for her living, and cloth sales as well. You may make less per hour of your time, but your income is not dependent on anyone else, and you can make more in a day than she can in a week.

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Kind of a semi-accomplistment; Slug Shot hit for 907 (my highest slug ever) on a Fly in the Mire, highest on an Imp was 700something :)

I also landed a 600+ Barrage (probably a fly too).

/RNG {Yes, please.} :)
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Been skilling up weapons latley. Sword is capped for the first time in ages and at 236 now. Made about 5K EXPs skilling up. :lol: :lol:

Dagger next, currently about 218. At this rate I will level in a skillup party before it is capped.

Gabryel
Tomcat

Post by Gabryel »

Congrats you three! lol Boy I remember all those times I had skilling up weapons, lvling my clothcraft (left it at 81), and killing sea stuff, seems oh so long ago.

Hopefully I may be able to do all that again here in Mid. Until then, keep up the good work! :) :D
Rhydia of Caitsith is back! 75WAR, WHM, SMN

"Death is not the end but a gateway to a new beginning."
Katina
Big Cat

Post by Katina »

8) 8) 8)

I FINALLY HIT 72 WARRIOR
I'm so glad I finally have a real melee job to use suppa and optical hat. Yea and I got a brutal earring too Shirai and I gotta say it's just cool to see it give double attack on my blm and whm.

Gratz on the sea gods Shirai. I wish synergy did sea gods. Someday someday......

Oh and on the whm tanking on gods thing dont /war. /nin works ALOT ALOT better, trust me b/c I do tank gods and kirin hella for sure. I pull hate from my cures/ nukes and next thing I know I am running for my mithra tail kiting the mob. I always pull hate w/ Kirin and kite him for a long time.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/SilverBlade830/katfinal.jpg[/img]
Many things go unsaid every day with those close to us. But the feelings are always there and true.

75whm//75blm//75war ZM/CoP: O
90+3 bonecraft 60 leathercraft/ alchemy
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Got selected for Corporal in my job. (Yeah I know its not related to FFXI but its still a accomplishment.)
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server