TaintedSpinach

A place to talk about... anything!
Tianshii
Mad Cat

TaintedSpinach

Post by Tianshii »

If you haven't already seen this on your local news.... (because you scored 60+++ on that quiz.. :roll: :P j/k!!)

A California natural foods company was linked
Friday to a nationwide E. coli outbreak that has killed one person
and sickened nearly 100 others. The outbreak was traced to Natural Selection Foods, based in San
Juan Bautista, Calif.,
and the company has voluntarily recalled
products containing spinach.
The company said consumers could call 800-690-3200 for a refund
or replacement coupons for tossed-out spinach products.
Wisconsin accounted for 29 illnesses, about one-third of the
cases, including the lone death.
Other states reporting cases were: California, Connecticut,
Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico,
Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Utah, Virginia,
Washington and Wyoming, according to the Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention.
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Only spinach I ever it is when I pick it fresh from a garden. I forage like a rabbit. ^.^
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

wow....I was hearing about this....stupid green stuff, I knew it would kill us one day!
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
Larxene
Kitten

Post by Larxene »

Heh, gives kids a reason to not eat there greens now. Pretty sick when ya think of it though, kinda like that Progresso soup thing.
Fear the fists of the almighty....Mr. Chan!
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Popeye will be mortified. :lol:

Larxene wrote:.... kinda like that Progresso soup thing.
I missed that one, got a link?
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Anyone else notice that it is the organic foods that cause these outbreaks?
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Larxene
Kitten

Post by Larxene »

Nah, sorry Tsybil. My sis informed me on that one. Supposedly there was a recall on all progresso soups because a consumer of the product found a rusty needle in the can. A big one too, if I remember correctly.
Fear the fists of the almighty....Mr. Chan!
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Keavy wrote:Anyone else notice that it is the organic foods that cause these outbreaks?
Of course. The E coli outbreaks on veggies (remember the tomato E coli from a few years ago?) comes from improperly composted manure. When there are problems caused by chemical fertlizers, farms die, rivers die, but not people.

It seems that some industries have been selling chemical waste as fertilizer. They only need to list the benificial ingredents, they do not have to list the toxins.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

The biggest issue with E. Coli is that it is a doubl-edged sword. If you let the bacteria live it will continue to thrive but if you kill it the toxins in its self will be released into the body.

Either way the chances of living aren't that good, especially if the infection spreads.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

If it doesnt end in the word FISH I dont eat it :lol:
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Late news on this one that will NOT make the tube news or the front page:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14841731/

Selected excerpts:

[Natural Selection] said the manufacturing codes turned over to health officials from packages of spinach that had infected patients all were from non-organic spinach. The company packages both organic and conventionally grown spinach in separate areas at its San Juan Bautista, Calif., plant.

[state and federal officials] haven't pinpointed the source of the bacteria that have killed one person and sickened at least 113 others.... That leaves a broad range of other possible sources, including contaminated irrigation water that's been a problem in California's Salinas Valley.

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: TaintedSpinach

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: TaintedSpinach

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт