A Bilingual MithraPride on Bismarck

A place to talk about... anything!
Althaia
Tomcat

A Bilingual MithraPride on Bismarck

Post by Althaia »

Let me preface this by saying that I only know a little romanji, not enough to get me past any stage of conversation, and the Japanese player in question, Yukihime, claims to understand a little English, though I'd dare say from past experience with her (her?) that she can't handle conversational English. So what's this about a bilingual MithraPride, you say?

:rofl:

Well, shortly after Yukihime was mistakenly invited by an enthusiastic Linksackholder, I couldn't really see it in my heart to kick her out (me, in this case, being the Linkshellholder on Bismarck Server). I mean, after all, she wanted to be here, right? I did let her know it was an English Linkshell, though, and she didn't seem to mind. ;)

Shortly after she was initiated, she asked for a "linkpearl change up" which obviously meant becoming a sackholder. Being nervous about having someone I wasn't even sure understood the rules holding a sack, I initially granted the request, waited to see if she'd invite anyone, and then removed the sack before I logged off for the night.

It's been a month or so since then and Yukihime's been with us all throughout our ups and downs, the ebb and the flow of Mithra players in the LS. I even mistakenly invited a Mithra party member who I figured out was Japanese and, to help smooth the transaction, I asked Yukihime to talk to her. I don't know where that Japanese player has gone off to since then but I don't blame her for not wanting to stay in a LS where only one other person can understand her, lol. Which is kind of the reason I expected Yuki to be gone by now.

Tonight, for a short while, it was just me and Yukihime in the LS. Feeling bad for this loyal Japanese player, I granted her a pearlsack, albeit with repeating so many times that it was a Mithra only LS. ;)

She replied that she understood what I was saying, but then said something interesting about herself being the leader of a Japanese Mithra 6-A type only Linkshell. I had to ask for some clarification on the 6-A part, but it IS what you'd expect! Apparently, she's the leader of a Linkshell solely devoted to Japanese Mithra of the face type 6-A. Damn, and I thought MithraPride, which only allows one race, was a difficult shell for which to recruit, lol.

Anyway, I asked her what the name was and she replied "SilverRose." I then commented that that was a beautiful name (since I wasn't sure if she'd be a little confused with the word "pretty" since there IS more than one meaning to it and it's sort of slang...) and she said thank you and then I logged off for the night.

So apparently Yukihime is running a Linkshell for Japanese Mithra of only face type 6-A on the Bismarck server! I thought you all would appreciate something like that. :)

Oh, and yes, about a bilingual MithraPride... she asked that 6-A's would go to her LS and "else" would go to mine. I agreed. What can of worms have I opened here? I only wanted her to be able to have some Japanese Mithra friends to talk to in the LS! lol! :lol: Instead, I opened the door to a bilingual MithraPride. ;) End of story.
~[url=http://adventuresalthaia.blogspot.com/]Alth Aaiaa: Bio and Music[/url]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Astragem14/CharGallery/MithraPrideSig.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.bismarckcommunity.com/]Member of the Bismarck Server Community[/url]
Okuza
Feral Cat

Post by Okuza »

"All mithra are equal, but some are more equal than others."

"Don't hate me because I'm 6A."

LOL, does this mean I have to join her JP6A shell? I like JP and it's fun using the translator now and then, but it would be rough day-in day-out. Damn impressive she's hung out in an english shell so long if she's bound by the translator. Takes a certain flexibility and imaginitive flair witht the translator (and a serious lack of paranoia -- "are they talking about me!?" :)).
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Seig heil, frauline Yukihime. Derr Furher of the Master Race?
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

:lol: "Master Race".

BTW the correct term for Japanese writing is "kana", I think it covers all 3 scripts (hiragana, katakana and kanji), romanji is just what they call our alphabet.

I like to flex my Japanese muscles if I join a JP Party, first thing I'll throw in is "Watashi wa nihongo ga sukoshi wakarimasu." (I understand a little Japanese). Last JP party on hearing this started to talk in romanji so I could "understand" but I still couldn't understand what they were saying and just had to tell them "wakarimasen" :lol:

I understand a little, that's pretty much the extent of my Japanese, that and asking where Shinjiku avenue is, whether they want to drink and a few other basics :lol: Must learn more! I'm never sure if they're happy to hear I'm learning or not :lol:
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

on Valefor we have Shinrasin who is Japanese
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

8-B for life!!!
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Althaia
Tomcat

7-A!

Post by Althaia »

7-A r0xx0rz 4 lyfe

That's cool, Leane! :mrgreen:

Thanks, Sugami, that means I know a lot of romanji. Lol. :oops:

lol, with our ... appreciation (read: obsession) for Japanese culture, that's an appropriate name, Eviticus. :lol:

Okuza, if you can tell her all that in Japanese, and ask her for a linkpearl, go for it! :rofl:
~[url=http://adventuresalthaia.blogspot.com/]Alth Aaiaa: Bio and Music[/url]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Astragem14/CharGallery/MithraPrideSig.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.bismarckcommunity.com/]Member of the Bismarck Server Community[/url]
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: A Bilingual MithraPride on Bismarck

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: A Bilingual MithraPride on Bismarck

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting