The forgotten Mage.

A place to post back-stories, character descriptions, etc.
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

The forgotten Mage.

Post by Pheonixhawk »

I sat there in the library, reading one of my favoirte books titled: Ancient magic and the forbidden spells. I sat there quitely reading about how all black magic was forbidded in vanadiel, and how white magic was priased. Normally I would not of read such a book so late into the night, but from the vicious storm outside and the thunder in the sky making such a horrific noise, I knew it would not be safe to travel home. However I of course was fine with this. So long as I stayed inside, my furr would not get wet, and I would be happy. I was nearly done with my book and I had finnaly reached to spells that were now forbben. My eyes grew wide as I read the words Firaga, Thunder, Aero. Some of the spells that people were no longer allowed to be used by anyone other than Special certified War warlocks. I would of continued to read but I got sleepy and the storm seemed to have finnaly died down. However just as I set down the book I couldn't help but notice a odd line. "The mages, but apart from it, blm and whm are now proud citizens that work together in Vanadiel." I read they line three more times. That line just didnt seem right. At first I thought maybe it was a mistake. Or maybe I just needed sleep. I stood up and stretched my back and my tail while giving a slight purr. It was time to return to my moogle house in windurst woods quickly before the storm decided to continue. I walked out of the Library and walked very quickly to Windurst Woods. Very rare war's like myself would travel out this late at night unless we were preparing for battle of some sort. To make matters worse, I was still in full Scale mail armor and had my sword and all with me. Surely if anyone saw me, I would get pestered with questions. So I took a light sprint instead and before I knew it, I was in my nice warm Moogle house.

Moogle: Good Evening Master. Kupo. You have some mail Kupo.
Alythira: Now now. Im sleepy and tired v.v
Moogle: Okay Master. I will hold it for you. Kupo.
Alythira: Thanks. Well Im off to sleep. Good night.

(The next morning)

Moogle: Good Morning! Kupo! Would you like to open your mail now.
Alythira: Oh. Can't a girl get some sleep.

I finnaly took a small brown package from my moogle. It was no ordingary package. It was paper thin. Eager to see what It was, I opened up the package to find a scroll with writng on it.

Alythira: Who sent this?
Moogle: The sender was unkown Kupo!
Alythira: Moogle have you been drinking again?
Moogle: Just a little bit Kupo!
Alythira: Thought so. Normally you don't forget who sends me stuff.

I slowly started to read the scroll to myself in deep concentration. "With each blow by my hand, the power of Altana shall seep into my blade with the might of fire." Thats when my ordeal began. It was just as I had said this verse, that I feel a strange energy radiate inside of me. It was as tho I had a second power. However what this power was. I had yet to know.

============== The Forgotten Mage ================

Alythira snapped awake as the morning light from the sun radiated against her face. Her breathing was weak but still, somehow, she was alive. Not wanting to think or know where she was at, she listened for some sort of clue as to where she was at. It was quite, but she could hear Seagulls squawking in the air, waves crasing against the sand. She could smell the saltwater, and feel the sand she was on. It had to be a beach of some sort.

Thank goodness, she is finnaly awake. Are you okay miss?

Alythira Slowly got up and shook the sand out of her ears, and began to dust herself off. After spending a few seconds doing this. She looked up to see a hume with short cutt blonde hair looking at her.

Alythira: Yeah Im fine. I think. Where am I, and who are you?
Ridda: My name is Ridda. And you are in Valkurm dunes.
Alythira: eh? Valkurm dunes?
Ridda: Yes, it is where young adventures come to train.
Alythira: Umm okay.

Alythira began to lick herself clean, starting from licking her hands and rubbing behind her ears, to slowly licking her arms. Ridda started to blush slightly and look away. He didn't notice it at first, but Alythira was a Mithra. A very attractive one at that. Her light green eyes, and short red hair looked just charming. Alythira seemed to notice that Ridda was trying not to stare at her, so she stopped.

Alythira: So where is the closest town?
Ridda: It would be Selbina. Its only a few minutes walk away.
Alythira: Thats great. Could you please take me there?
Ridda: Sure. You can meet the rest of my Mercenary team.
Alythira: You have a Mercenary Team?
Ridda: Of course. Come on Ill show you.

Alythira stood up and walked next to Ridda. This place was new to her, and she had never seen such a huge open area. Alythira grew up in a Jungle alone with her sister Tsuim. Thier mother had passed away about 2 years ago, leaving Alythira and Tsuim to grow up alone.

Ridda: So, what were you doing on the beach?
Alythira: Well, I was traveling alone on a ship. I was headed to this new land called Vanadeil. Then A huge storm came and I was thrown out to sea. I spent 20 days swimming until Finnaly I had no more strenght.
Ridda: *Gives a shocked expression* 20 DAYS?!
Alythira: Yes.

What Ridda didnt tell Alythira is that his Mercenary's were weak. He had traveled to the Valkurm dunes to recruit new members by the order of the King. Anyone that could swim for 20 Days straight had to be strong. Alythira was humming softly while they walked to Selbina, as though this new world was simple facinating. Then Alythira stopped dead in her tracks.

Ridda: Huh?
Alythira: We are being followed.
Ridda: Really?
Alythira: Yes, and whatever it is, it isnt human.

Ridda's face turned rapidly from confusion to horror. Ridda tried to maintain his bearing.

Ridda: Alythira, w-we should run!
Alythira: Why?
Ridda: There's a goblin following us. I just know it. We must of stepped on its turf!

Alythira looked behind her and saw two short stubby Creatures sprinting to catch them. They were carrying packs and small daggers, and looked like they were ready to kill.

Ridda started to sprint off, but he saw Alythira standing there transfixed.
Alythira laughed and got into a fighting position.

"What in the world is this girl thinking. Those monsters are Incredibly tough. There's no way she could fight them alone." Ridda thought to himself.

The goblins pulled out thier daggers and made violents slashing motions at Alythira. However if there was one thing Mithra were known for. It was thier speed. She laughed as she easily evaded thier attacks. She threw a upper hand palm to one of the goblin's face but it did nothing but push the goblin back 10 feet away from her. She gave a upper roundhouse kick to the second Goblin's chest and forced it to drop its weapon.

"My goddes this girl is strong. But who is she. Where did she come from?" Ridda wondered.

Alythira continue to dodge and evade the goblins attacks until the Goblin had had enough. It pulled out a small black bomb and hurled it at Alythira with all of its might. Alythira who was cleary too fast for the Goblin gave the bomb a quick rear hand punch, and sent it hurling back towards the Goblin. It was over in a heatbeat as the bomb went off and detroyed both Goblins.

Ridda came sprinting back to Alythira. "That was amazing." Ridda replied in complete shock. Alythira gave him a warm smile and they continued to walk to Selbina. Just as they reached the gates Alythira froze in place again.

Ridda noticing this. Stopped and questioned her. "More Goblins?" Ridda asked. Without the slightest trace of warning, Alythira dropeed to her knees and passed out. Ridda picked up Alythira and ran into Selbina, carrying the no longer conscious Mithra.

(Chapter 2: The MercenariesGuild)
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Got off my lazy toosh and wrote some more. Enjoy :)

Feel your power within Alythira. That line was not a dream. It is the truth. Use your power Alythira, you are stronger than you think

Alythira's eyes slowly opened and she gained conciousness. At first her vision was blurred but soon it came into focus. She could slowly make the out the outlines of three figures standing over her, until finnaly they became clear. It was Ridda another hume with short black hair this time, and a Elvaan male with black hair as well.

"Oh thank goddes your alive. I thought you had been seriously injured in that fight." Ridda proclaimed. The other two standing next to him nodded in agreement. Alythira got to her feet again and dusted herself off. Without warning a large groaning noise came from Alythira's stomache. The three laughed as Alythira's face started to flush with pink in embarrassment. "Lets get her some food." the Elvaan replied. Ridda nodded in agreement and they slowly walked to the Fisherman's Guild in Selbina. As they approached the counter they ordered the fisherman's catch of the day and sat down at a nice table near the ocean. While Alythira began to munch down on her Moat Carp Fillet, the others introduced themselves.

Ridda: This hume here is Max, he's a Common thief, but he fight for the good reasons.
Max: *gives a smile and a bows*
Ridda: My Best friend who just happens to be Elvaan is Drakken.
Drakken: A pleasure to meet you.
Aythira: Thank you all. My name is Alythira.
Ridda: Well Alythira, I've seen how you fight. I'd love for you to join our guild.

Alythira Smiled at them and shook her head. "I'm sorry but I don't fight well in groups. I travel alone. "She stood up and thanked them and walked out the gate to Valkurm Dunes. She quickened her pace, feeling the soft Valkurm Sand squish through her feet. After a few hours of walking, she noticed a small cave. She stopped for a second and started to sniff the air.

Hmm something isn't right here. I think ill have a look inside. I got lucky and found Vanadiel but I've got to reach Windurst and find that book in my dreams.

Alythira stepped inside the cave slowly, making sure to make as little noise as possible. As she crept into the dark and dank cave she saw a shadow move in the dark. Alythira stopped dead in her tracks and listened for more movement. Whatever it was it was moving slowly. She felt it get steadily closer, to the point where she could feel it breathing on her. Then without warning it licked her hand. Alythira froze in shock for a second and then realized it was a Hill lizard. It wasn't hostile at all. In fact, it was kind of cute. The Hill lizard licked her paw again and then walked away.

How cute. I wish I could have it as a pet. Any way's there's a light at the end of this tunnel, maybe I can finally get out of this desert.

As Alythira continued walking, the hill lizard stepped on her tail by accident. "Why you dirty Lizard!" she yelled as she gave it a smack on the head. This of course was a horrible mistake. The lizard went from completely docile, to hostile and gave Alythira a massive Head butt. The wind was instantly knocked from Alythira as the Hill Lizard prepared to charge again. Knowing this wasn't going to be fun, Alythira ran for her life as the Hill lizard followed. Alythira sprinted past 3 more lizards that instantly attacked her as well.

Crap crap crap crap. Think Aly, what do I do? I can't run forever. Maybe I can defeat them? No there too many of them... Hey what's that post doing out there? Maybe I can hide there.

Alythira sprinted to a weird looking flag stuck into the ground where a small midget stood. Hoping against all hope that the little person could help her, she stopped dead in front of him, panting for air. "Please...*huff huff* help." Alythira coughed out. The guard as if following a direct order started to cast a spell. "Altana's fury, earth combined let Thunder defeat the enemy entwined." the Gaurd chanted. As soon as he finsihed his chant, Thunder struck from the sky and started to blast each and every hill lizard that came near the post. Alythira was awestruck.

Alythira: Your'e a Black Mage?
Guard: Indeed I am. I am here to protect this area to protect young adventurers.
Alyhtia: Well thank you midget man.
Guard: (Looks slighty annoyed) Im a Taru. Not Midget man.
Alythia: Okay then Taru. Do you have a name?
Guard: W.W Striker
Altyhia: Well thank you. Catch ya later midget man. *Sprints off*
W.W Strker: I'M NOT A MIDGET MAN >.<

(Chapter 2: Konchtant Highlands and the Merciful Mage)
Last edited by Pheonixhawk on Mon May 15, 2006 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Dont worry theres another section coming in real soon. Gotta make a few chops and then ill post it. Hope you guys are enjoying the story.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Alythira started to walk away and noticed that the tiny midget was following her. She smiled at this and started to sprint away in a full Mithran Dash. After 10 minutes of running she turned around and saw to her surpise, that the Midget wasn't too far away.

Alythira: Wait a minute. Why are you following me? And if your'e really a gaurd, shouldn't you be guarding your post?

Striker: Well umm you see. I'm not really a guard there. I was just taking his place for a few minutes.

Alyhtira: Well why are you following me?

Stirker: I just, it's just. Iv'e never seen a Mithra before. They say, that Mithra very rare.

Alythira: If thats the case, you can team up with me and show me around this wierd land. I remember my mother saying something about the country of bastok.

At those words Striker looked doubtful. "I think you need to head to windurst. Home of the Taru's and the last remaining Mithran tribes."
Striker suggested with enthusiasm. Alythira thought about this for a moment and then shook her head. "As much as I truly want to go to Windurst, Bastok is where I need to go. I just have a weird feeling telling me to go there." She replied sweetly. Alythira bent over forward so she was face to face with the Taru. "And your going to take me there right cutie?" She said in a very soft voice. Striker never really took a good look at Alythira... Until now. Her red hair, he green eyes, warm smile. How could he resist?

"Okay Ill do it" Striker stuttered. As they started to walk deeper into konchtant highlands, Alythira realized it was getting dark. "We need to set up camp." She replied. Striker agreed and pulled out a small tent. Alythira layed down and the grass and stretched. " Ill sleep outside on the grass." Alythira said happily. Striker looked a little dissapointed. "Are you sure, I'm pretty sure we both can fit in here." He replied, hoping Alythira would warm up to the idea. Normallly Alythira would decline, but she knew it would hurt Striker's feelings, so she quietly accepted. Alythira began to crawl inside the tent and got stuck in the entrance. The actual tent size inself was fine, but the entrance was Taru sized. "Hey, give me a push will ya?" Alythira replied. Striker walked up and saw that Alythira's struggling to get inside. "Well give me a push already!" she replied. Striker panicked. The only place Too push her was either her leg, or her rear... and last thing he wanted to do was tick off a Mithra. "Are you going to help me or not?" Alythira stated, now clearly annoyed. Strike began to push on her leg which seemed to be working. He couldnt help himself and took a quick glance upward just as Alythira slid insdie from thier hard effort.

Alythira was amazed at the tent itself. It wasnt ordinary at all. As if magic were empowering it, the Tent's ceiling was as dark as the sky and showed millions of stars. The door was sealed by magic and the ground was no longer grass, but a nice soft linen. She looked at Striker who's face was brick red. "Whats the matter? Striker was it?" she asked. The Taru squeaked and then regained his voice. "Well um, its just, whats the name of your g-gear?" he asked. "Mithran Savages. Why?" Alythira responded. "W-well, don't get me wrong and all, but as a s-suggestion, you may wan't to wear underwear..." Striker spluttered. Alythira smiled and curled up into a warm fuzzy ball. "Okay, Ill get some, whatever that is. You'll have to show me later ok?" she replied happily as Striker went on the opposite side of the tent and pulled up warm blankets. Striker sighed and wonder what he was getting himself into. As they started to doze off, they heard a weird THUMP THUMP THUMP noise outside. The very ground itself was shaking. Alythira and Striker woke up with a start.

They grabbed their weapons and started to go outside the tent. Stiker ran though the door and then heard a sqeak of help come from Alythira. "Stuck again ><" She replied angrilly. This time it was much easier grabbing her arms and pulling her out rahter than pushing her in. As they stepped outside and took a look they saw it. A Huge Tremor Ram was charging right towards thief tent.

Alythira: We gotta stop it.
Striker: Yeah, otherwise our tent will be destroyed.

Alythira stood in the direct path, while Striker stood a little bit behind her.

Alythira: Are you ready?
Striker: YEAH!

Alythira got into warrior stance as the Tremor Ram was inches before her, and then *CRACK!!!*
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

I reread the first chunks of this story and realized there are spelling/grammatical errors. Sorry about that. I will fix them later (promise) Anyway Im working on the next chapter: The Dream and the unknown power. I hope you guys have been enjoying the story so far. :D
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Okay finnaly sat down and took my time writing this time. Note that this story is rater for Mature Audiences, (Sorry Keavy :lol: ) j/k. Anyway, Heres some more of the Story. :D

She couldn't believe her eyes. The battering Ram was dead. It made one loud groan of pain and agony as it fell to the ground no longer living. Alythira took a closer look to the Battering Ram and saw a steel arrow sticking from its hide. A closer examination revealed that the arrow had made a direct shot to its heart. Striker looked around but saw no one. "Who's there!" he shouted in the dark night. Yet there was no response, just silence. Alythira sniffed the air, and tried to listen to see if anyone was around, but failed to find anything. It was if the person had vanished without a trace.

Yes I see it now. You are the gift, the forgotten mage, the mage that will finish what was started 20 years ago.

"Who said that! Show yourself!" she yelled into the night.

"I didn't say anything Aly.." Striker replied.

Don't you see, your dream was real, follow it, we need you to learn your true power.

"What are you talking about? I know my true power. I am a Mithran warrior." She replied with confidence.

"Are you okay Aly? There's nobody here. Nobody has said anything at all." He said now with a bit of fear in his voice.

Go to Bastok, There you shall receive your gift. I will be waiting...

As Alythira stood there in a trance, awestruck at what she was just told, Striker poked her until she finally snapped out of it.

Alythira stretched out her arms and yawned silently. "Let's just go to sleep, I feel this may not be as easy as I had planned." Striker sighed.

This time striker walked into the tent, and then helped a struggling Alythira inside once more. After a few hours of sleeping a strange scent woke Alythira up. It smelled like fish, but mixed with meat and spices. She quietly poked her head outside, to find Striker cooking up a weird dish. However, this wasn't cooked over a camp fire like Alythira was trained out in the wilderness. Striker was using a very odd looking red orb of some sort. It was very pretty as if it were a glamorous ruby shining in the morning light.

"Well hello there sleepy head. I was just making some Mithkabobs for breakfast." Striker stated happily.

"Mithra- what?" she asked with a look of horror on her face.

"YOU'RE KILLING MITHRA FOR FOOD? You bastard!" She yelled.

Striker jumped up in pure fright. "N-no not Mithrabobs. Mith-Ka-Bobs. It's a rare dish that most people love for its taste." He explained.

Striker took out a mini plate and put a stack of Mithkabobs on it. He waddles over to Alythira and offered her one. "Just try one." He squeaked. She looked doubtful and a little curious at the Mithkabob. Maybe it was a trick, maybe it was made out of Mithra's. Then again, Striker hasn't done anything wrong, and he has been nothing but helpful. Why would he try to pull something now?

I guess ill try it, but if I so much as taste Mithra on this dish, this little Taru is dead.

She grabbed a piece of Mithkabob and slowly popped it in her mouth. Striker looked at her nervously and wondered if Alythira was going to hurt him. Just as the idea of running came to his mind, she smiled warmly at him.

"Y-you like it?" Striker asked curiously.

"Like it? I..I.. I LOVE IT!!!!" She yelled.

Striker let out a sigh of relief as Alythira engulfed her entire helping and asked for more. After cooking up a few more plates, they quietly sat down and munched on their food.

"So Alythira, where are you from? You obviously aren't from Vanadiel, and how did you know about Windurst if you have never been there before?" He questioned.

I might as well as tell him about the dreams and the scroll. After all He is a Black Mage. Maybe he will know something about all of this.

"Striker, you are a Black Mage correct?"

"Yes? I may not be as evil like most, but I am still a Black Mage." he replied.

"And there are such things as White Mages?" She questioned.

*Makes a very sour look on his face* "Yes there are."

"Is there another type of mage by chance?"

Striker looked as if he had just had a heart attack. "Why would you ask such a thing!?" He spluttered.

"Is there another Mage out there?" She questioned again.

"Well..I..Tech..If..Uh.." He strained.

Alythria knowing that Striker was vulnerable, snuggled up very close to him. He could feel her pressing against him, he could feel her purring softly as she whispered into his ear. "Tell me, and I'll owe you a favor. Any favor." She replied.

He has to fall for this trick. Mother did say that people in Vanadiel were easily seduced. Ill do anything to end this ordeal. I want to go back home, I want those weird dreams to end.

Striker pushed Althira away as if he were in a complete trance. "There are things in this world that mages are not meant to speak of. I cannot break my vow to Darkness under any circumstance. We mages are forbidden to speak of such a thing. Never ask me this question again." Striker replied in a dark monotone voice. It was then, a dark Aura surrounded Striker and slowly engulfed him in shadowy flames. "Meet me in Bastok, I shall greet you there."
Striker replied. The flames died down and Striker had vanished.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Great just great. Now Im stuck here with no guide to get to Bastok. Now what am I going to do. I have had dreams of Windurst even though I have never been there, yet I know nothing of Bastok. If only the Taru had left a Guide or map of some sort.

Sulking just a bit in disappointment, Alythira started to travel south. She figured that maybe by chance she would run into someone. Upon reaching some oddly shaped mountains she heard something. It was a soft and gentle voice. Kindred and peaceful. Her Mithran ears did a joyful twitch at the wonderful sensation they were picking up. Walking a bit further she heard the melody grow louder. A person with such a wonderful voice was singing and playing a flute. He was dressed in robes and was playing happily as he traveled. When the minstrel finished he noticed that Alythira was applauding him.

"That was a wonderful song." she said joyfully.

"Why thank you fair lady. A Bards true goal is to sing his soul and make the world of Vanadiel a better place." He replied.

"Might I ask your name?" Alythira asked.

The Bard did a bow. "Ah my fair lady, they call me Arthur. I am a wandering Minstrel on my path to find the perfect song." He replied. He grabbed her hand and gave it a light kiss. Alythira blushed slightly and smiled warmly at him. He looked into her beautiful green eyes and felt something furry brush against his leg. He looked down and jumped back completely shocked. "A T-tail!?" he blurted out completely shocked. Alythira blushed even more to the point where her face was brick red. "Im a Mithra." She motioned joyfully.
"By Altana. I'd never thought I would ever see an actual Mithra. Rumors are that they were all wiped out in the last great war and only a few tribes live in Windurst." he replied still unbelieving of what he saw.

Alythira and the Arthur sat down and she told him about her journey, how she was lost, and lastly about her dreams. Arthur looked shocked as if he didn't believe what he was hearing. However, when she finished speaking, Arthur smiled warmly at her. "My dear Mithra friend. Bastok is only a few minutes walk away. I had just come from there when I went to get some supplies." Arthur replied. Alythira's eyes lit up and she smiled now that she knew it wouldn't be long before she got some answers.
They walked southward, in a nice slow pace. Alythira didn't mind. She got to hear the Arthur sing his wonderful songs along the way. Finally after a few minutes of walking they reached a cave with a wooden door. "Ah we are here in Bastok now." Arthur replied. Alythira looked at the door and looked doubtful. "Um. Isn't Bastok supposed to be..well..bigger?" She asked. Arthur laughed and grabbed her hand. He opened the door and escorted her inside. Alythira still blushing a bit stopped dead in her tracks. It was Amazing. It wasn't a cave at all. It was a huge city. Small Children played in the streets, large muscular creatures walked around carrying mining tools, they stood in front of shops and even owned some of them. Hume's were also in this city, standing near the water fountain, Also carrying tools for mining. Alythira smiled and wanted to explore immediately. Arthur realizing this, let go of her hand and smiled at her. "Go explore your heart out. I will be around this area." he replied happily. Alythira gave a shout of glee and ran off into the city. Yet just as she took a few steps, everything froze. The people were frozen in time completely. The sound stopped, it seemed as if the world itself was on pause.

What the heck is going on here? Why has everything stopped?

You have made it here to Bastok. Now it is time for your gift.

What are you talking about? Who are you? Are you the one giving me these weird dreams? Are you the one who brought me here?

Yes child. You are the mage or hope, the forgotten mage. You are far more powerful than any Black Mage, than any White Mage.

What am I? I am just a Warrior. I don't know magic or anything.

Yes you do my child. You are... the one that will bring our classes back. You are the Red Mage...
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Ya know Im not very good at story writing. I think Ill just end this one right here. :lol:
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Bitneko
Tomcat

Post by Bitneko »

You are though! I've been enjoying it so far. :D
xXSeraphielXx
Kitten

Post by xXSeraphielXx »

Yes, your are good please continue

Cyndith
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Shucks. Well I guess Ill continue then. :)
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Shinrasin
Tomcat

Post by Shinrasin »

Pheonixhawk wrote:Shucks. Well I guess Ill continue then. :)
{Yes. please}
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Shinrasin/Signature/Shinrasin-Evil-Sigs.png[/img]

[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Shinrasin/Signature/Dark-Shinrasin-2.png[/img]
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Okay Heres some more :D

Bastok started to slowly fade away as everything began to grow dark around Alythira. She looked around in panic and wondered what had she gotten herself into this time. There appeared before her, a picture of a Male Hume. He stood there with his long brown hair and warm smile, covered in garments that were completely blood red, and to top it off he had a red hat with a beautiful white feather sticking out of it. A small voice broke the dead silence around Alythira.

200 years ago the beastmen of Windurst had come close to winning against the Windurstains. Orcs had almost taken over San'doria and Bastok was soon to fall to the hands of the Quadaav. In one last great stretch the three nations gathered at Jeuno for one last defense. It was there that Zied the Dark Knight had struck down the Shadow lord, the main being controlling the Beastmen Hordes and thus peace returned. This man was one of the few Red Mages that lived from that horrible battle. He was in fact the last remaining Red Mage.

"What does this all have to do with me?" Alythira wondered.

Time however caught up to this man, and soon he was elderly and disabled. Before he died he sealed his power away in a scroll. Before he died, his last statement was "Only one with a pure heart will read the scroll and continue my legacy of Red Mages. Soon my class will be revived to help fight the darkness that will soon come to Vanadiel."

"So the dream was real. I really was in a library in Windurst then?" She replied.

The darkness slowly started to fade away as Bastok started to come into view again. Soon the people of city were no longer frozen in time. It was if the world hadn't noticed that she was gone for what seemed like hours. She looked at herself and noticed she was wearing beautiful Red Gauntlets, shining Blood Red Boots, and a sharp looking Red Tabard. She also had that very same Red hat with a feather in it, just like the person in the picture that she saw. "What has happened to me? I feel, I feel...Stronger than I have ever been." She stammered. He hand felt something hard on her side and looked to find a brand new polished sword to her side. Upon examining it in awe, she felt a strong radiant power glowing from it.

I have provided you with all you need. Explore Bastok my Child, there is ancient Evil brewing here. Do not go to Windurst, until you feel the time is right...

She slowly walked down the streets of Bastok feeling completely disorientated. She noticed that people was staring dead at here with their mouths open. Some who weren't completely awestruck were muttering words like Mithra and extinct. Thinking it would be best if she were to make a run for it, she spotted Striker in a restaurant ordering food. Feeling a tremendous wave of relief she sprinted to the door and poked him from behind.

"Hey Striker!" She squealed with glee.

"Well hello there Alythira...wait...why are you wearing..." he started up.

Striker's eyes looked her up and down, and then he did a double take.

"By Altana it isn't possible... I sense, Mana radiating from you.... And those clothes. They look just like what he wore before..." Striker replied silently to himself.

His small Taru eyes grew wide in awe. Without warning he grabbed Alythira's hand and sprinted out of the restaurant, pulling Alythira by his side. Alythira was curious what could possibly be going through that little Taru's head grabbing on to her like that. After 5 min's of sprinting (Alythira still just couldn't understand how someone with no knees could run so fast) they reached a giant building. Striker walked swiftly to the guard with Alythira by his side.

"What's going on Striker? What is this place and why are you so shocked that I am a Red Ma-" Alythira started.

"Hush now is not the time. We must move quickly. People will soon realize what you are. The chaos that died 20 years ago in the Great War will return." Striker interrupted.

They started to enter the building when two guards appeared. They were two enormous sized Galka holding curved blades and wearing armor made out of steel. At first it didn't seem as though they had noticed Striker and Alythira but shortly after. They took out their weapons and barricaded the door.

"I have no time for you peasants. This is of great urgency." Striker replied.

"The Archduke of Jeuno is having a meeting with Cid. We cannot allow you to pass." replied on of the Guard Galka.

"OUT OF MY WAY!." Striker commanded.

Powerful volts of electricity shot out from Striker's body and knocked the guards off their feet and into a nearby wall. 10 more Galka and 3 Hume's also came sprinting towards them. "HALT RIGHT THERE!" they cried in unison pulling out their blades. Striker motioned for Alythira to follow him and continued to blast the guards out of their path. They traveled in the building until they reached the main door. Striker was about to blast it open until Alythira stopped him.

"Slow it down Striker. I don't understand why you are so secretive and destructive. But at any rate, we must act rationally. We can hear what they are saying, so let's see if we pick up anything good." She replied.

Striker thought about this for a second and then agreed. "Sorry about that. Sometimes I get ahead of myself. We listen to what they say and then I'll explain everything to you." Striker suggested.

"Agreed." She replied as they both leaned against the door.

*Inside the door the sounds were muffled but still distinguishable.*

"But Archduke what you are asking me is absurd. There is no possible way I could do such a thing. Throwing away innocent lives." Cid beckoned.

"You will do it Cid. I know the president of Bastok must be very valuable during this time of need. However if you do not find someone strong enough, he will die. Then what will you do? Build an Airship and fly away perhaps?" The Archduke chuckled.

"Why you... How come you don't just send your men to stop that Dark Knight? You're supposed to be the great Archduke and yet you let something like this happen" Cid spat.

"My men? MY MEN? You must have truly lost it Cid. Those pathetic lots cannot take on a Dark Knight like Zied." He replied.

"Grr..Still how do you know it was Zied that had done this anyway? I know he may be a Dark Knight, but he is still a good person. I have known him for years." Cid stated.

"He is a Galka. They cannot be trusted with Man. You do know of our history with Galka in the past do you not? Surely you were there when Rienha-" the Archduke said coolly.

"DONT YOU DARE BRING HIM INTO THIS CONVERSTATION!." Cid interrupted now completly filled with rage.

"Well I do believe this converstation has come to an end. At any rate we have visiters outside who have been eavesdropping for quite some time now." The Archduke finished..

Alythira and Striker looked at each other in fear as they heard footsteps approach at the door.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Ill be adding more shortly. Just trying to make it sound right :?
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Here is some more. Finnaly this story is unraveled and soon you will be seeing some action ~.^ (promise). But for now, everything is finnaly explained. Enjoy!

============ Truth and the unforseen enemy==============

The door slowly creaked open while Alythira and Striker stood there rooted in their tracks. Alythira thought franticly of something she could do, while Striker figured all hope was lost. The Archduke wasn't exactly the nicest person in the world. Last time he executed and army because he believed they were spying on him. He's killed his own men in the past just to gain power. The Archduke fully opened the door and started to look in their direction. However Alythira suddenly started to glow with radiant power. Before the Archduke could even blink, Alythira had cast Sneak and Invisible on the both Striker and her with such speed that as soon as his eyes traveled over the exact spot where they were at, Alythira and Striker had already vanished.

The Archduke looks startled for a second and looked around confused. There was someone out here just moments ago. He knew it, he had sensed them. Yet now there was nobody there.

"Show yourself at once." He replied coolly.

"I repeat again show yourself. I will not harm you." he commanded.

However from the dead silence it appeared that he was only talking himself. Whoever it was that was listening had apparently sneaked away in a matter of mere seconds. The Archduke gave a disgruntled look and proceeded to exit the building.

As soon as they saw the coast was clear Alythira and Striker walked into the room where Cid was sitting. The room was fit for a King. It had beautiful Oak furniture, pictures of Cid when he was a Kid, and pictures of him now. Middle aged with a bald head and rough beard. He had a squashy face and dark brown eyes. The room also had nice red carpet, soft couches and a roaring fire in the Chimney. Striker dropped his sneak and invisibility to show himself to Cid. Alythira also followed Suit. Cid looked up and gave a shocked jump out of his chair.

"By the Goddess Altana don't scare me like that Striker!" Cid yelped.

Striker gave a hearty laugh and sat down in one of the couches. He motioned for Alythira to do the same. Feeling a bit reluctant, Alythira sat down next to Striker and relaxed a little. Yet something didn't seem right to her. Cid looked grimly at Striker, and it seemed as if Striker was turning pale.

"I want some answers! What am I? What is a Red Mage? What is a Dark Knight? What happened to the president of Bastok?" Alythira inquired.

Cid stood up and started to pace around slowly near the fire place.

"Firstly, Ridda, Arthur, Max, and Drakken come on out, its time." Cid replied.

Sure enough the people that Cid just called out appeared right in front of Alythira and Striker's faces. They too had also cast sneak and invisible on themselves. Alythira's eyes grew wide with glee as she saw all the familiar faces she had met along the way. She stood up to greet them but striker motioned for her to sit back down. Alythira gave a confused look as Striker. And then suddenly something clicked...

"You all, have been spying on me from the start huh?" She replied.

They all looked away from Alythira in shame. She looked at Striker who was also avoiding her eyes.

Cid seeing all this finally spoke at last.

"Alythira, there is a problem growing worse every day." Cid paused. "The beastmen are acting more...organized...powerful leaders that fought in the last great war are turning up missing. The dark clouds are growing thicker and are starting to spread across Vanadeil. Soon, the Shadow Lord will return, and we all will be doomed. "he finished.

"What does all of this have to do with me?" She asked.

"Legend has it that on the day the forgotten class would be remembered, the return of the Shadow Lord would be imminent. They say that the one, who is destined to stop all of this, is a ... a...Mithra..." Cid spoke calmly now fully examining Alythira.

She couldn't believe her ears. She was supposed to kill the beast that destroyed so many Mithran tribes. The monster that nearly destroyed all of Windurst. The beast that...killed her father...and made her mother live alone for all these years...

Alythira fell to her knees and started to weep silently. Striker saw this and patted her on the back consolingly. "Everything will be alright. You must be strong." Striker whispered into her ear. Alythira gave a half chocked sob and nodded.

"M-Mother said, that (sob) my father died, fighting against a beast of great darkness. When he d-died...she lost her will to live. Still she raised me and my sister, until she passed away too..." Alythira finished.

"Not just that Cid. The president of Bastok is in great danger as well. He was kidnapped by Zied was he not?" Arthur inquired.

"No. It was all part of a ruse to fool the Archduke. Zied is keeping the President safe from danger." Cid replied.

"But why would you try to fool the Archduke?" Ridda inquired.

"Because he is helping the enemy. I can feel it. He has a dark air about him that I do not trust." Cid growled.

"So what do we do now? I presume we just sit here and get killed, wait for the Shadow Lord with all this senseless jabbering?" Striker spat.

"Don't you smart mouth me Black Mage. We have been friends for a long time Striker, you must learn to trust me." Cid spat right back.

"I do not doubt our friendship. Im doubting this situation. We have a half baked Dragoon (Ridda) a White Mage (Drakken), a Common Thief (Max), a Bard (Arthur) and a Super Powerful Red Mage that doesn't know how to fully use her power. Alythria's power couldn't possibly take down the Shadow Lord anyway." Striker complained.

"Who are you calling half baked." Ridda replied annoyed.

"You're the worst dragoon I have ever seen. You're clumsy, stupid, and a worthless Hume." Striker laughed evilly.

"Why I outta finish you right now, you midget." he roared as he pulled out his Lance.

"Try me." Striker replied grimly as a spark or electricity flashed in his eye.

"Calm down you two. Now is not the time to fight each other. We have a serious problem." Cid replied.

Cid walked over to Alythira who was still weeping on her knees. He put his hand to her chin and lifted up her head, so that she faced him eye to eye. "Do you remember your spells, do you remember every single one of them." He asked her. Silently Alythira nodded. Alythira tried to look out of Cid's steel grey eyes, but he held her head in place.
"Do you remember Convert and the deadly art of Chain Spell?" He asked.

"NO!" Striker yelled.

He ran up and pushed Cid out of the way. "You will not have the last Red Mage sacrifice herself just because of the Shadow Lord. That technique will get her killed and you know it!" Striker spat angrily. Cid now clearly annoyed with Striker stood up and faced him. "Do you have a better idea? If she wins, the Element of Red Magic will be established and the power or White, Black, and Red will be equalized. People will be born with the power of Red Mage. She will no longer be the only one." Cid replied.

"And if she dies, the Black magic will grow so strong that not even the mages will be able to control it anymore. The power of Red magic will be given to the Beastmen, and the White Light will no longer be able to protect Vanadiel any longer." Striker spluttered.

Cid gave a grim look to Striker but then turned to Alythira. "If she wins we are saved, if she loses we all die, if we stand here and wait, we all die. What would you rather do Striker?" Cid inquired calmly.

Striker knew he was defeated and walked into another room. As he left he shouted "Fine, let her die. See If I care..."

Alythira gave another sob and Arthur comforted her. "He didn't mean it. It's very hard for him to express emotion, but he's concerned about you." he replied coolly. She nodded and hugged Arthur.

Cid stood up and cleared his throat. "I will travel with you all to Xarcabard to see if the Shadow Lord has already been awakened. However first we must travel to San'doria and find Zied." Cid announced. Everyone nodded in agreement and start to suit up in armor. Alythira sat in a corner to herself.

I just want to see my sister again. How did I get dragged into all this? All I ever wanted was to be with my sister and live happily in our forest...

As soon as everyone was done they motioned for Alythira to come and join them. As they all headed out the door Cid pulled her to the side. "You do understand that In the event we do have to fight the Shadow Lord, and you have to use convert and Chainspell that you may not survive long enough for use to heal you." Cid questioned. Alythira nodded with a grim look on her face. "I pray to Altana that it does not come to this..." He whispered to Alythira. She nodded. "You are a brave girl, you are the hope of this country. You are not just fighting for us, but for every Hume, every Galka, every Elvaan, every Taru, and Mithra. You are their hope." Cid replied. This slightly cheered Alythira up.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Sorry for taking so long to update the next section of the story. Just got off my rifle firing range so Im able to use a computer again *cheer* be expecting a new post soon.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

And here it is. Hope you enjoy.

They traveled out into the fields of Bastok feeling the hot and humid sun bear on them as they traveled. The sky itself was completely clear without a single cloud in sight to block the sun even the slightest. As Alythira gazed around the open plain of seemingly endless green grass, she felt a soft refreshing breeze across her face giving her a nice cool down from the burning sun. True her new gear and armor looked nice, but with all of her fur, it was very uncomfortable to wear. However Alythira was tough and proud of being a Warrior even if she was a Mage now. Not wanting to show any weakness, she strained herself to keep up with everyone. After 2 hours of travel however, one very sweaty and very tired Alythira started to feel dizzy. Small beads of sweat rolled down her face and her breathing started to become steadily heavier. What was wrong with her, she wondered. As a warrior she wore armor three times heavier than and in heat that would make the devil cry. Yet now, she was struggling...

Max noticed this and puller her to his side to walk with her.

"Its not you Alythira." he replied.

"What are you talking about?" she briskly snapped back.

"You're not weak at all. You just need to adjust to the climate around here." Max stated still maintaining his cool.

"You're speaking nonsense, Im fine..." Alythira replied as a bead of sweat streaked down her face.

Max chuckled to himself and handed her a bottle of water. Feeling he was going to anger Alythira further, he walked back to the rear of their group to chat with Arthur. Even though she didn't want to show it, Alythira was grateful for the water. She waited until everyone had their attention averted to quickly drink down her water thirstily. She gave a great sigh of relief now feeling she could walk for a few more miles. After a few more minutes of walking Cid halted everyone.

"Okay. That's enough travel for today. We have to do some sparring and then we will eat lunch" Cid announced. Everyone agreed happily including Alythira. True it was hot, but they got to fight. Cid pulled out a paper and read it allowed. "Max your sparring partner is Ridda. Alythira's sparring partner is myself. Drakken will sparr with Arthur." Everyone agreed and broke off into pairs looking a bit anxious. As soon as Cid and Alythira paired up, Striker appeared next to Cid in a black dimensional rip in space with a loud crack. "I apologize for taking so long to get here Cid." Striker replied. Cid jumped back in fright for a second and then realized it was just Striker. "There you are. Don't scare me like that next time. Secondly I thought we were going to meet you in North Gustaberg near Konchtant Highlands." he asked. "We were, but..." Striker started. He glanced at Alythira examining her completely. "I am a mage, I have to make sure she is trained properly. Allow me to spar with her." he replied. Cid laughed and agreed. "Very well." Cid chuckled.

Alythira stood in the open field as Striker walked up to her. He pulled out his wand slowly as Alythira pulled out her blade. "Use every spell you know. Go all out on me. Do not worry, you will not hurt me." Striker spoke clearly. Alythira smiled warmly and ran her fingers through her hair. "You're on Midget man." She giggled. Without warning Striker lunged at her with the speed of a Ninja.

"SHINING STRIKE" he yelled, as his wand grew bright with power. Alythira saw this and narrowly dodged the attack. She looked at Striker in shock.

"How in the world can he move that fast... It's not possible." She thought to herself.

Alythira started to glow with a bright colorful light as she lifted her blade into the air. The blade itself started to glow bright red. Alythira smiled and charged at Striker. He parried the feeble attack easily but he let out a gasp of shock. Alythira's blade caught fire and burned Strikers wand to a crisp. Alythira smiled at him as if the battle was won. "There you have no wand, so now you can't fight." Alythira replied smugly. Striker gave out a hearty laugh as his eyes grew dark red. "I don't need a wand to fight...and you don't need your sword. They are just perks and toys..." Striker replied. Suddenly Alythira felt as if some force was holder her in place as Striker silently casted a spell on her.

Alythira tried to move but she was stuck running in place. Meanwhile Striker was muttering some ancient magic words. Cid who was observing this looked shocked.

"STOP IT. YOULL KILL HER. STRIKER NO!" Cid yelled.

As Striker continued to cast, Alythira felt the ground start to tremble. She frantically tried to move, tried to escape. Somehow she knew a very powerful spell was coming. "Please stop..." Alythira pleaded. Striker looked at her with somber eyes. "If you live past this, then you truly have a chance of defeating the Shadow lord..." Striker replied. Arthur, Ridda, Drakken and Max who felt the earth shake stopped their match to come observe. As soon as they all saw what was going on they lunged at Striker to stop him. Yet their efforts were worthless as a dark Aura repelled them with such force, they were knocked 20 feet backwards. Alythira had her eyes closed and then stood there completely calm and relaxed. Cid noticed this and saw Striker mutter something to Alythira in secret. 10 seconds later the spell finally went off. The Sky grew dark and the ground started to shake. Flames engulfed Alythira and started to explode with molten heat. Alythira shrieked and screamed in agony and fell to the ground as the flames engulfed her. Everyone looked at the ball of fire in shock. Why would Striker torture her like this? Why...

The flames soon died down and Alythira fell to the ground, no longer breathing. "HE KILLED HER.!" Ridda yelled in rage. Arthur broke down in tears while Cid ran over to Striker. Striker slowly walked to Alythira's body in sorrow. "Im so sorry...but it had to be done..." Striker mumbled. Cid dropped to his knees and pounded the ground. "You bastard..." he yelled. Everyone looked at Striker with such a rage, that no man has ever seen before. Cid snatched up Striker clearly lifting him up off the ground by his tiny Taru neck. "You monster." Cid growled. Then the unthinkable happened. Striker started laughing. They could also hear muffled laughter from Alythira's body. Everyone looked perplexed as they rushed to her not caring that Cid had dropped Striker down on his face. Now that they had a good look, they realized that she wasn't burned or scarred or anything. Her eyes snapped open and she laughed out "Gotcha." Cid looked at Alythira, and then Striker and then back to Alythira. "What in the blazes happened?" Cid roared with rage. Striker doubled over laughing and explained. "She used Blaze spikes silly. A common spell that engulfs mages in fire. I started casting Ancient Magic, but I can cancel it out at any time." he laughed. Everyone took a good breath of relief, and soon joined in the laughter. Cid sighed in relief and stumped away, grumbling something about getting too old for this. After a few minutes of telling jokes they started to eat their packed lunch. They all began to converse in conversation.

(In a nice shade spot underneath a Tree)

"So you say that my timing was slightly off. Well what about the silence spell?" Alythira questioned as she bit into her sandwich.

"Well it's a good spell if it's not resisted, yet if a monster doesn't use magic, it's totally useless." Striker replied happily.

(Few feet away out in the sun on a blanket)

"Yeah I really do like her, but Striker seems to have her attention more" Arthur replied.

"Are you sure you like her, or is it because she's a hot attractive Mithra?" Ridda laughed.

"I won't lie, she has buns to die for." Max joked.

"Mmm and the tail." Ridda replied.

"Guys, do you always have to be so. Rude?" Arthur started knowing that they were joking around.

"You know us, we live for women and fame. Still, I bet their over there making out as we speak." Max replied.

Arthur looked over in Alythira and Striker's direction and sighed dejectedly.

"Don't let it get you down. There's always hope for you yet." Ridda stated as he gave Arthur a thumbs up.

(At the cooking table)

"But Drakken, you're a White Mage. Without you our group is nothing. Why would you see yourself as worthless?" Cid asked.

"Well, it's just, what if I can't save her when her time comes to use chainspell and convert. I don't think I could live with that." Drakken replied.

"Drakken.... If you don't come, then none of us will be able to save her. We can't heal. You know this. It's a guaranteed failure if you don't come. You're the best healer in
San d' oria." Cid stated.

"Yes I do see your point." Drakken mumbled in agreement.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

(one of these days im so going to take a writing class. Still I may as well as continue the story. Sorry for the delay for those of you who actually read it :lol: )

Cid sat there alone that evening in his tent. He sat in front of a pond not to far away from the camp. The moonlight brightly lighting up the pond while the stars shone brightly. Cid hummed a tune to himself staring into the pond, enjoying the nice breeze passing buy. The day had come to an end and everyone had fallen asleep hours ago. Cid regularly meditated alone to clear his mind and plan for an upcoming adventure. He scanned the area quickly to ensure that nobody was around to eavesdrop on him. After letting out a sigh of relief he began to ponder his thoughts.

"There is an ancient evil brewing in the depths of Vanadiel. The Archduke is acting a fool by not stepping in to assist in this situation. Bent on finding a Galka that has nothing to do with the rise of the beastmen. It seems as though the Darkness will consume this land if we shall fail. Our hopes rely on a young Mithra. I can only pray to Altana that we do not fail." Cid whispered into the quiet night.

Cid stopped talking abruptly and listened to the eerie silence. Knowing he was being watched he spoke into the darkness. "You can come out Alythira my dear." he replied.

Alythira let out a small squeak. "How did you know I was here?" she asked amazed. Knowing that she was caught, she dropped her invisible spell and appeared. She was wearing her undergarments which consisted of shorts sandals and a very tight shirt.

Cid laughed and smiled warmly at her. Alythira took a good long look at Cid not saying a word and walked up to him. She peered deep into his steely grey eyes. "You're no normal mechanic." Alythira replied.

Cid's smile quickly faded as he turned away from Alythira with a grim look upon his face. "I don't know what you're talking about." Cid denied.

Alythira walked right back up to Cid and looked dead into his steel grey eyes once more. "Mother told me, that in the Great War a Commander of Men lead a final march to Jeuno to defeat the shadow lord. It was there that a Galka with the aid of a grey eyed human, dealt the final blow to the Shadow Lord." Alythira continued.

Cid tried to look away from her Green Mithran eyes but she forcefully stared at him. "I believe that you are Lord Cid, the one that helped the Galka. The one that lead the alliance of men to that final great battle." Alythira continued.

Cid turned away and slowly started to walk towards his tent. "Get some sleep." he replied.

Alythira looked a disappointed until someone clapped a warm hand on her shoulder. She jumped slightly as she turned to meet up face to face with Arthur. Blushing slightly she gave him a warm smile. "Don't scare me like that." she replied. Arthur apologized deeply. "Worry not, Cid has lost many comrades under his command. It still hurts him even after all these years." Arthur replied soothingly. She nodded and walked back to camp with Arthur. As they strolled back to the camp, she held Arthur's hand. He blushed slightly as she whispered in his ear. "Do you know what the greatest feature a Mithra has?" She questioned him. They stopped walking and he faced her. "I have no idea." he responded. "It's our ears. We can hear from great distances. Birds chirping, waters running and even...humans talking on a blanket on a bright sunny day." she finished. Although it was hard to tell, but Arthur had turned beet red. She hugged him warmly and then slowly broke away. Arthur smiled at her and they continued their walk to the camp. "Every since I was a kitten, I dreamed of meeting an attractive Manthra." Alythira broke off and looked a bit saddened. "But... they are rare to none now." she finished. A tear streaked slowly trickled down her face. Arthur understood her pain. Or more like her loneliness. The Mithras that remained after the war had all migrated to Windurst. Sadly most of them were female. Yet one thing puzzled Arthur. If the Manthra's no longer existed, how were there so many female Mithra's remaining. Arthur asked Alythira this question and she stopped in her tracks. "We Mithra have learned that there is one only other compatible race we can still reproduce, and that is through the human seed..." She finished now completely red from blushing. Arthur stopped in dead shock. "Alythira will you date me?" he asked feeling it was now or never to ask her. She looked away from Arthur slyly. "I will think about it." she replied. They reached their tents and stopped in front of Alythira. "Good night." she yawned as she crawled into her tent. Arthur mumbled goodnight and went into his tent as well. Before she nodded off to sleep she whispered to herself. "I will decide later, right now I have to find a way to defeat...him.." she mumbled.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

(Going a little bit mushy mushy, but it plays an important role later. I promise. :) )

The next morning they all woke up fully refreshed. Alythira put on her gloves and looked at her pants... For some odd reason, they weren't pants anymore, but more like shorts. "What happened to my pants?" she asked herself. However when she put them on, she let out a sigh of relief. They weren't stuffy and tight anymore, but much more comfortable. She put on the rest of her armor, and her feathered hat and walked outside into the bright sunshine. Everyone was already at a makeshift table eating breakfast.

"Ah Alythira. I was just about to send Striker in to wake you up." Cid replied.

Alythira smiled warmly at him. "By the way, who tailored my pants? Their shorts now." she asked.

"The would be Striker." Cid responded.

Alythira walked over to Striker who had dozed off at the table. She poke him until he woke up.

"Well good morning sleepy head" she giggled.

"What? Me sleeping? I wasn't sleeping, I was studying..." Striker mumbled. "Oh really? Well I don't think the back of your eyelids is a good subject." she laughed. He turned a little red for a second and then smiled at her. "Thank you for fixing my pants." she replied happily. Striker nodded. "I hope you can fight better in them." he laughed.

(Meanwhile at the end of the table)

"And that's the plan." Cid finished. Drakken nodded at him and bowed. "Yes at this rate we can get to Sandoria in no time. I mean Chocobo is the fastest rate of travel." Drakken replied.

Max pondered for a second. "If only the Archduke's guards didn't block off the stables from Bastok." he pondered.

"Well let's get to it. The faster we get to the kingdom the better." Arthur stated.

Alythira and Striker who had just finished their conversation stood and up and started to pack up their tents. Everyone else followed suite.

When they all finished up they began walking through the fields once more. Yet something was odd... Everything had gone... quiet. A bit too quiet. Cid and Alythira noticed this and stopped the group. "Something isn't right here.." Cid stated. Suddenly a faint rumbling could be heard from the ground. "What's that noise?" Drakken asked.

Just as Drakken had asked the question a Giant Goblin popped out of the Ground in front of them with such force it made a large crater in the dirt. It gave out a mighty battle cry as it stomped on the ground viciously. "Good Gravy that thing is huge!" Arthur replied. Cid looked shocked himself for a moment, and then pulled out his blade. "Prepare for combat!" he yelled. Everyone took out their weapon quickly and dropped their gear. The goblin turned around and noticed them for a split second, and then charged at them with full force. Cid sprinted in front of everyone and began to glow red for a second. "HEY UGLY! IM THE ONE YOU WANT!" He yelled. The creature looked at Cid with such hate as if the Goblin was instantly provoked into attacking him. Cid braced himself as the Goblin attacked with his huge dagger. The gob made a direct blow to Cid, yet it didn't do much damage thanks to his armor. Drakken used a Cure spell on Cid to keep him going. Mean while Striker and Alythira were casting their magic.

"Oh great gods, let my Lightni-" Striker started.

"Paralyze, Slow, Blind, Poison, Gravity!" Alythira yelled as she cast each spell within seconds.

Striker now recovering from shock at Alythira's speed, started to cast again.

"Altana give my spells power as I -" he started as he was interrupted.

"Fire, Water, Aero, Thunder" she yelled as she cast all four spells once again.

Max had snuck behind the goblin and charged for one well placed shot. He sprinted up to the goblin and gave a powerful thrust. "Take this, my ultimate move. Sneak Attack!" he yelled. The Goblin let out an enraged cry of pain as it turned on Max. Seizing his change to strike, Ridda came down from the sky, out of nowhere. "SUPER JUMP!" he yelled as his lance came down onto the Goblins skull. The Goblin staggered from the blow for a second and knocked Ridda off his head now clearly annoyed. Cid laughed and charged up his energy. "You bastard... Ill show you my power of Berserk." he breathed heavily. "Hand me my axe!" Cid yelled. Max tossed him an Axe and continued to stab and slash at the Goblin. Cid caught the axe single handedly and while dropping his sword. "RAMPAGE!" he yelled. He took his axe and dealt 7 multiple death dealing blows that slightly shook the ground. The Goblin groaned in pain and staggered to one knee breathing heavily. Everyone was burnt out, and still the monster wasn't dead.. Alythira and Striker were also out of Mana themselves and were resting trying to recover their strength. The Goblin staggered a bit but then stood back up, knowing that victory was near. Suddenly, wehn all hope seemed lost, everyone heard Arthur singing and playing his harp. He played his melody and somehow they felt stronger as if they were fully recovering. Everyone quickly got up thier feet and charged the Monster once again. The goblin noticed this, and ran past everyone else, his sights set straight on Arthur. It pulled out its blade and made a sharp stab at him, yet somehow Arthur evaded the attack. It was at that point, Ridda had jumped in between the Monster and Arthur and attacked. "Penta thrust!" he yelled. As he struck the Goblin 8 with his lance, his pet Wyvern blew fire at the beast, completely setting it on flames. One again the beast dropped to its knees and groaned in pain. However everyone's surprise, the Goblin began to speak.

"T-he ssshadow lord...will prevail..." it muttered as it dropped to ground, no longer alive.

They all cheered at their victory and took a small break to recover from the fight.

Arthur walked over to Alythira and put his hand on her shoulder. "Are you alright?" he asked. She nodded and smiled warmly at him. Before they could start talking Cid called Arthur over. "I will talk to you later." he replied as he walked over to Cid.

"Arthur..." Cid started.

"What is it Cid?" he asked, feeling he knew what this was about.

"Don't break her heart. I know you like her, and I know she likes you." he replied.

"She like's Striker more." he muttered.

"As a Mentor. But when we travel, she's always glancing at you when you're not looking." Cid stated. "Remember, we have a goal. Romance comes later." he finished.

"I'm sorry Cid. But I just can't hold back my feelings." he replied.

Cid sighed. "If you truly feel that way I can't stop you. But just remember my advice." he finished.

Arthur watched Cid walk away and sighed heavily. Still he felt a bit relieved that Alythira may feel the same way that he feels for her. This slightly cheered him up a bit, as they all got up and began to travel again.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Updates updates don't you love em? Well I would update this story if i didn't have a writers block. worry not, ill update as soon I figure out where I want this to go. (trying to stray from the original idea ^^)
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Finnaly got done reading a few books on writing improvement. Not to mention, ive taken my time typing this next segment. If you would like to continue this story, go to "The Forgotten Mage Ver.2" in the forums. See ya there. 8)
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD