Imperial Agent Rescue Assault *fume fume*

A place to talk about... anything!
Sugami
Anime cat

Imperial Agent Rescue Assault *fume fume*

Post by Sugami »

Did this three times yesterday and you can guess from the title we failed all 3 :cry:

First two runs we got one door down and on the last run I got the hang of dodging Firespit and got two doors down but alas it wasn't meant to be apparently :(

4/9 doors and nothing but 300 assault points and -150 imperial stands *sigh*

Anyone else tearing their hair out over this? Or got some killer techniques that I'm unaware of? My friend heard a rumour that you can tell which one the dude is in before you knock down the door, anyone else heard anything about that? :oops:
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Did it twice, 1/2.

No killer tricks, sorrry.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Ziada
Tomcat

Post by Ziada »

I've done this once and we won with the super-technique of... being really lucky. The guy was behind the first gate.

Then again, before that happened, a mamool finally did Staff Throw... and hit my Carbuncle instead of the gate. *facepalm* Make sure you get pets engaged on the other side of the mob!
WHM 75 - SMN 75 - BLM 63 - Midgardsormr
Windurst Rank 10 - RoZ and CoP completed
Alchemy 60 - Cooking 54 - Goldsmithing 24
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I've heard you need to complete each one once before can go onto the next set of Assaults, still need to complete it for my friend :(
Leane
Irresponsible Adventurer

Post by Leane »

Sugami wrote:I've heard you need to complete each one once before can go onto the next set of Assaults, still need to complete it for my friend :(
I read somewhere on alla that you can complete one that you've already done an additional 5 times instead of doing one of the others.

the way it was explaned was a point system
you get 5 points the first time you successfully complete each assault
you get one point each time you successfully complete one that you've already done
and you need 25 points to advance to the next mercenary rank
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

Well when i did Imperial Agent Rescue, we split up into two teams of three to get the agent as fast as possible.

each team had a "tank" a "tp feeder" and a "healer"
the tank would hold hate and get the firespit thing going on.
The tp feeder would use low end spells to feed the monster as much tp as possible to make it use firespit often
and the healer would heal the tank.

since there are three doors that are firespit breakable, the agent is behind one of those three. team 1 and team 2 would split up and go for doors on opposite sides of the prison area. When the door breaked, the TP feeder would run past the tank and healer to check the egg-gourd-pod-thing to see if the agent is inside. If not, that team woudl move on to the last door.

If you find the agent, then everyone would finish off the mamool they were fighting, (because we were keeping it alive for firespit) and head to the exit point.

10/13 because it took a little while to figure out that two teams breaking doors was faster than one.. and the whole firespit thing.
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Is there some sort of trick to getting the door hit instead of the tank? Me and my friends have had a HUGE problem getting this one to work (like 0/4 or so) because I'm pretty much always getting hit by firespit. :(
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I've only done this one with 3 or 4 people but with the right setup you could attack all 3 doors at once, 3 tanks and 3 healers.

Apparently equipment swapping (so you blink) or moving out the way works with both firespit and weapon toss. I've found that a sidestep will work with weapon toss but for firespit I had to run at the mob and to the side. After I got my firespit method down I only managed to get hit by it once.

1 weapon toss will knock the door down or 4 firespits.

Timed mission relying partly on luck... ugh what was SE thinking?
Ziada
Tomcat

Post by Ziada »

Sugami wrote:Timed mission relying partly on luck... ugh what was SE thinking?
Apparently they were thinking "This is great, let's make them all like this."
WHM 75 - SMN 75 - BLM 63 - Midgardsormr
Windurst Rank 10 - RoZ and CoP completed
Alchemy 60 - Cooking 54 - Goldsmithing 24
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Imperial Agent Rescue Assault *fume fume*

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Imperial Agent Rescue Assault *fume fume*

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт