On The Part Of Me I Share With My Boyfriend...

A place to talk about... anything!
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

On The Part Of Me I Share With My Boyfriend...

Post by Karou Ariyen »

His Grandmother passed away from pancriatic cancer, she survived 2 years longer then they said. Though I didnt know her much, but I have to feel jsut as bad as he did, after all he is my world and this hurts me as him.

This Is My Hades MithraPride Farewell to my b/f's loss, and that I hope we all will give him our support, if anyone wants to send an email send them to Timberwolf_79@hotmail.com and I'll make sure he reads them.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Holydragoon
Big Cat

Post by Holydragoon »

aww =(
this is sad news indeed.

My gf's Grandmother passed not but a month ago due to complications with lung cancer.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

I myself have lost two grandparents to cancer. My Grandmother on my mom's side died of colon cancer in January of 1993 and my Grandfather on my dad's side died in March of 2003 of stomach and intestinal cancer.

My grandmother found out about her cancer shortly after her husband (My grandfather) had died from complications from asthma. It was all too much for her to take. She tried chemo and surgery because she didn't want the family to have to greave another death so soon. Sadly the cancer was far too aggressive and eleven months after my grandfather died she, too died. I still remember my mom after she got the call from my Great Aunt. She just fell to the floor and cried.

My grandfather's illness came pretty suddenly. Father's Day 2002 he was his happy-go-lucky full of energy self. He was out in the backyard grilling burgers and chased his great grandkids around the yard after lunch and they were all wore out LONG before he was, but that was how he was. Even at Eighty he was so full of life. By Independence day he'd lost that energy. He slept almost constantly and had trouble keeping food down. He went to the doctor and that's when they found out that he had stomach cancer. By Christmas he was bedridden and my grandmother had to make the painful decision to accept hospice care for him. In February of 2003 we got the call to come down to say our goodbye's. The hardest part was when my grandfather looked at my dad and said "I just want to die." He had denied any form of chemotherapy or surgery. He said he'd led a good long life and saw no reason to defy God's will.

Shortly after we all said our goodbye's he quietly died in his sleep. My grandmother still has the room as it was when he passed. She refuses to let anyone sleep in that bed or do anything to it.

The reason I'm telling you this is a lot of people will tell you they know what they're going through. They'll offer you all kinds of advice about how to deal with it and such. All I will say is this: Find your own way to greave and to keep them alive in your heart. For my family, we go down to his gravestone every Father's day, gather around in a circle while everyone shares a story or a memory that they have of him. Afterwards we head back to my grandmother's house, have a barbecue, and watch old home movies. This has become a special event in the short time we've been doing it because a lot of the family has spread out and for some of us, that day is the only day we'll see each other for a whole year.

Also: Don't be strong for anyone. If you need to cry or get mad or whatever you need just do it. Nothing makes me madder than to hear someone say "Be strong for (Grandma; the kids; mom)" because that only makes things harder on you.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: On The Part Of Me I Share With My Boyfriend...

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting