Things that SE should do...

A place to talk about... anything!
Sadira
Tomcat

Things that SE should do...

Post by Sadira »

Wamoura Silk, Wamoura Silk Cloth
Estimated to cap in the high 80's to low 90's.
Price of Wamoura Cocoon - approx. 700 gil

Right after the expansion came out, people realized, "Hey, this is a high level synth that can be used to skill up and its dirt cheap in the guild to boot." What happens after that? You get 1000 campers outside the guild all vying for the chance to snatch those few cocoons and repost them on the AH for 50k-100k each.

I'm of the oppinion that crafters do not have enough control over their own markets. If it was crafter camping against crafter at the guild then I wouldn't care. And obviously the bottom line is dictated by the farmers, but I have always viewed the non-crafter guild camper as a thief. I guess they can be viewed as opportunist, true, but thieves are also opportunist.

For me, this is just the latest offense from non-crafter guild campers and I'm tired of putting up with it. SE needs to implement a tiered guild market, where the items the guild will allow you to buy depend on your guild rank. It would effect crafters who use mules to buy from guilds, but its really a small inconvenience.

Maybe I'm just inciting a bourgeois vs. proletariat type of argument here, but who is bourgeois and who is proletariat? The thieves clearly make off with the goods and shaft the crafters in the process. A tiered guild market, {Yes Please.}!
THF50/NIN25 [color=green]([/color]Mithra[color=red])[/color]

[color=red]Clothcraft: 82.0+2[/color] [color=green]([/color]Adept[color=red])[/color]
[color=blue]Leathercraft: 60.0[/color] [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Goldsmithing: 48.0 [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Smithing: 19.0 [color=green]([/color]Recruit[color=red])[/color]
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

No, they first need to rework the game engine. Make it use the GPU a bit more. Second, NEW MUSIC. Third, more variation in characters. Fourth, higher resolution textures for PC/360 users. Fifith, fix the damned bumpmaps! Seventh, introduce henchmen/mercenaries.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

That's not the reason people are camping the Weaving Guild shop in Al Zhabi.

Its the Puppets.

Valor Edge-----------------------
Melee set, comparable to a warrior/paladin.

To receive this puppet:.......
The Valor automaton requires you to bring the following items to the galka:
- Wamoura Cacoon Weavers Guild or farmed off of Wamouracampas
- Brass Sheet AH or Goldsmithing Craft
- Imperial Cement AH or Alchemy Craft
- Pair of Tiger Fangs AH or Boneworking Craft

Stormwaker, Mage Puppet:

Quest:

1x Brass Ring - Easy enough. Buy it from Bastok NPC in the Jewellry shop for like 200g if Bastok is in 2nd.

1x Gold Thread - AH or from Clothcraft Guild

1x Velvet Cloth - AH or Clothcraft

1x Wamoura Cloth - Here's the hard part. I believe to make this, you need 6x of the Cocoon, which are available in very limited supply from the guild. It should go 2x cocoon -> 1x silk. 3x silk -> 1x cloth. For more information on obtaining these, check the main Puppetmaster forums. It's a huge problem now, so there's a million posts on it.

Price of Wamoura Cocoon From the guild. approx. 700 gil

Price of Wamoura Cocoon At the Auction House 100K - 50K.

Remember all the Guild camp bots vying for 1 stack of arrowwood lumber in San d'Oria? Guess where thay are now.

On the bright side:

Puk Fletching x6: Wind, Puk Wing x2 ~ Level 82 - 84.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

Kopopo wrote:No, they first need to rework the game engine. Make it use the GPU a bit more. Second, NEW MUSIC. Third, more variation in characters. Fourth, higher resolution textures for PC/360 users. Fifith, fix the damned bumpmaps! Seventh, introduce henchmen/mercenaries.
first they cant make it use more of the GPU, PS2 could not handle that, and the game has to function the same on all platforms or there will be problems....

second you get new music every time an expansion comes out, every MMO keeps the same music -.-

and yeah they could do some rez stuff for PC and 360 and bumpmaps can be fixed by tweaking your reg....to a point anyway :p
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Rebuilding the PC engine won't affect the PS2 or 360. Running concurrent engines isn't hard.

Using the same music is garbage. In Guild Wars I can get new music without buying an expansion.

The bumpmap issue is that they maps BARELY even match what they're supposed to. And even then they are poorly applied to the models.
Sadira
Tomcat

Post by Sadira »

Tsybil wrote:Price of Wamoura Cocoon From the guild. approx. 700 gil

Price of Wamoura Cocoon At the Auction House 100K - 50K.

Remember all the Guild camp bots vying for 1 stack of arrowwood lumber in San d'Oria? Guess where thay are now.
That was kind of my point. And for the PUPs, if they need a cocoon they could get help farming one and the only way they are going to get the wamoura cloth they need is for someone like me to synth it. That is correct by the way, 6 cocoons to make a cloth.

I'm just bitter about the whole thing, not just wamoura, but about the non-crafter guild campers in general and quite frankly, a rank tiered guild shop would make me very happy. In fact, I'd be happy to just give PUPs thier cloth since it would be so cheap to make. Like I said, this is just the latest offense and there are plenty of other examples. You practically can't get anything in this game unless someone crafts it first. So what do you get from shafting the crafters? Higher prices. If that's what SE and everyone else wants, I'll give them higher prices.

[color=red]Clothcraft: 82.0+2[/color] [color=green]([/color]Adept[color=red])[/color]
[color=blue]Leathercraft: 60.0[/color] [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Takara2011
Kitten

Post by Takara2011 »

Personally, I'd love it if swimming and climbing were possible... And maybe jumping.. *looks way lost in her thoughts* :)
[img]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j247/tora20/chibirukku2.gif[/img]
Arat
Windurstrian Goddess of Randomness, Typos, and Mistells
THF54 | WHM33| BLM26 | NIN25 | DRG15 | WAR12 | SMN10 | MNK9 | BLU8 | PUP7 |COR17
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

I'd like to see /dance actually do something beyond display "<Name> Dances Happily."
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Keavy wrote:I'd like to see /dance actually do something beyond display "<Name> Dances Happily."
Second the motion.
Sadira wrote:I'm just bitter about the whole thing, not just wamoura, but about the non-crafter guild campers in general and quite frankly, a rank tiered guild shop would make me very happy.
Guild Campers amd Campbots are a fact of life here. /sigh

Consider the fact that FFXI models a free market economy far better than the USA does. Something in limited supply will be always be snapped up fast. The astronomical profit on these things makes sure of this.

Just be happy that there are no Republicans running this game. If there were, Guild Campers would be given a subsidy, and the taxes we pay would be increased to do it. All, of course, in the name of "Free Enterprise".
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Things SE Should Do....

FFVII REMAKE IN PS3 FUGGIN TECHNICAL DEMO!!!!!!!!!!!!
*goes insane and worpships her cloud AC Poster* :lol: :lol:
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Sadira
Tomcat

Post by Sadira »

Tsybil, you're preaching stuff I already know, otherwise I wouldn't have even complained about the whole thing.

Karou, I haven't seen the demo. :(

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Guild Campers piss me off to no end. I know for a fact they buy all the cotton thread and saruta cotton from the CC guild, all the bonechips from the boneguild and all the bronze ingots from the smithing guild.
Simple solution; make stock unlimited. It will also keep prices stable in the AH.

The FFVII demo done on PS3 engine is very schweet *drool* basically remade the start sequence of the game. Alas they won't actually remake the game as they've stated that they never will do that :(
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Sugami wrote:Guild Campers piss me off to no end. I know for a fact they buy all the cotton thread and saruta cotton from the CC guild, all the bonechips from the boneguild and all the bronze ingots from the smithing guild.
Simple solution; make stock unlimited. It will also keep prices stable in the AH.

The FFVII demo done on PS3 engine is very schweet *drool* basically remade the start sequence of the game. Alas they won't actually remake the game as they've stated that they never will do that :(
While I agree with the "Unlimited Stock" I think that prices should increase with demand at the start of every day. Like if yesterday 20 stacks of cotton sold at 100 gil a spool then the price goes up to 200 gil a spool the next day. If only ten stacks sell at that price then it drops to 100 gil.

This would mess up the bot campers because they'd never know how much gil they'd need and the adaptive pricing would reward players who don't Powerlevel their crafts.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
Sadira
Tomcat

Post by Sadira »

Keavy wrote: While I agree with the "Unlimited Stock" I think that prices should increase with demand at the start of every day. Like if yesterday 20 stacks of cotton sold at 100 gil a spool then the price goes up to 200 gil a spool the next day. If only ten stacks sell at that price then it drops to 100 gil.

This would mess up the bot campers because they'd never know how much gil they'd need and the adaptive pricing would reward players who don't Powerlevel their crafts.
Actually, SE already does implement that. It was a change they added in last year, and while I agree with it, it can be rather bothersome when the things I need are all camped out and then when the price becomes astronomical, the campers leave and its not worth it for me to buy it. For cheap guild items though, the price hike doesn't seem so much after its been bought out, but for things that cost a little more the difference can be huge. Maybe they should make the price hikes on the cheap items huge too.

Unlimited stock would be awesome. Prices all across the board would drop. I think maybe it messes with the farmers too much though and gives the crafter too much control on the market. Probably why SE hasn't done it. :( I'm all for more checks and balances though. :thumb:

Takara2011
Kitten

Post by Takara2011 »

Now that I think about it, I'd also love it if I could put more than seven object up for auction. ^^; It'd really help, especially when someone's inventory's full.
[img]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j247/tora20/chibirukku2.gif[/img]
Arat
Windurstrian Goddess of Randomness, Typos, and Mistells
THF54 | WHM33| BLM26 | NIN25 | DRG15 | WAR12 | SMN10 | MNK9 | BLU8 | PUP7 |COR17
Sadira
Tomcat

Post by Sadira »

Takara2011 wrote:Now that I think about it, I'd also love it if I could put more than seven object up for auction. ^^; It'd really help, especially when someone's inventory's full.
Me too, or at least they showed allow you to post seven items on each of the four seperate Auction Houses; Jueno, Sandy, Windy, Bastok. Right now I have to use mules to AH stuff when I have a lot of crap to sell.

Sometimes I get lazy and don't mule so I send stuff to myself all the time. Infinite storage through the Delivery Box...although I once had to cycle my box 7 times to get something out that I wanted. :oops:

Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

In Guild Wars we get a backpack that holds 16 items, 2 bags that hold 8 and a belt pack that holds 4 more. Our storage NPCs hold 16 items. Items stack to 250 by default.
Sadira
Tomcat

Post by Sadira »

I blame the PS2 for all the memory constraints, even though I'm playing on PS2. ^^;

Sometimes I think it'd be better for SE to phase it out. I wouldn't mind moving to PC if they did.

Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Sadira wrote:Sometimes I get lazy and don't mule so I send stuff to myself all the time. Infinite storage through the Delivery Box...although I once had to cycle my box 7 times to get something out that I wanted. :oops:
Someone I know says that the limit is 255 items in the box cycling trick. I don't trust the delevery system enough to use it.
Takara2011 wrote:Now that I think about it, I'd also love it if I could put more than seven object up for auction. ^^; It'd really help, especially when someone's inventory's full.
It looks like there are three more slots to be had sometime. But everytime the developers are asked about when these will be implemented, they say no way and blame the PS2.

They also say the greatest single load on their servers is the AH.

Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

lol I konw you have hearrd this answer already..... "due to server/hardware limitations 7 is a high as it will go"
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Kopopo wrote:In Guild Wars we get a backpack that holds 16 items, 2 bags that hold 8 and a belt pack that holds 4 more. Our storage NPCs hold 16 items. Items stack to 250 by default.
The people behind Guild Wars thought of everything, it's truely an awesome game only hindered by the average noob and retard, and stupid AI for the henchies. I'm still contiplating getting Factions but it sounded overly PVP :(

The price jumping on the guild prices isn't really much, suppose it would be on the expensive items but no one buys those since they're cheaper at the AH.

I send my stuff to mules, especially crystals :) But I'm usually too lazy to log onto the mule to sell it so I end up taking it out of the outbox when I'm in a town and sell it on my main :lol:
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Sugami wrote:
Kopopo wrote:In Guild Wars we get a backpack that holds 16 items, 2 bags that hold 8 and a belt pack that holds 4 more. Our storage NPCs hold 16 items. Items stack to 250 by default.
The people behind Guild Wars thought of everything, it's truely an awesome game only hindered by the average noob and retard, and stupid AI for the henchies. I'm still contiplating getting Factions but it sounded overly PVP :(
Overly PVP? Its ALL about PVP and dancing in the streets. If you like PVP, I understand there is no beter game out there than Guild Wars. As for me, I have never played Ballista nor Brener. Just no intrest at all in ganking other players. Dancing in the streets, now that I could get into.

A modest proposal for a Mithran style PVP contest. Level capped and in a zone where the Elementals are EM - high DC. Players will still draw agro from critters when appropriate. No teams or sides, all vs all. One death and out. Last player standing wins. If time runs out the winner is the one with the most kills. That I would try.

Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

I love just dancing. Sometimes I get with my guild mates and we put on a little show.

Factions isn't just PVP, in fact, it's a new game on it's own. The PvP system in GW is truly incredible and can be very nice if you're good at it. The last guild who won the worldwide contest came home with $50,000USD. Let's see Ballista offer that.

I don't see the PS2's memory as being the restraint on items. Remember FF7? You could hold an insane amount of items! That system only had 2MB of system RAM and 1MB for video. That system RAM held everything pertinent to what was happening on the screen and in the background. The PS2 has what, 32MB of system RAM? I think I could squeeze my FF7 inventory into that.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Guild Wars is awesome for emotes :lol: when /dance actually does something! Woo! And no the first game has quite a large and interseting plot to get through via missions with a lot of quests for experience points and new abilities.
The only PVP I've had on it is at the start before you get into the main part of the game.

I'm aware Factions is a game in itself, but it sounded overly PVP about controlling areas and such they never mentioned any new plot/missions on the bits I read :?
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Trust me, there's TONS to do in Factions. I'd go into it but I believe we've hijacked this topic for long enough.

Yarrrr!
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

"SE needs to git in the damn kitchen and make mah dinnah!"
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Things that SE should do...

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо