Ninja, Ranger, and Thf. The gil hole.

A place to talk about... anything!
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Because Posion II is a nice DoT to cast and Water obviously, but that was my choice.

I'm not disagreeing over the merits of the staves but if Earth and Wind had made a difference on my resist rate you can be damned sure I would've noticed the difference. Not having to recast a spell because it wasn't resisted isn't something you don't not notice.

About the bar spells. They cost a hell of a lot less then stoneskin does on mp cost and casting time. Most RDMs will cast SS once every ten minutes for convert. By the time it wears they may or may not have the mp or time to recast it. Yes, you should be standing out of AoE range but thats not always possible. Cramped camps don't always allow for spreading out, tanks can lose hate either out of incompetence, nuke happy blms, or damage spikes from the DDs. Mobs tend to move in battles and its very possible to get hit by an AoE move before the tank can get hate back.

For anyone unsure about how the spells work, a barelement spell (barwater for example) increases your resist against spells of that type while bareffect spell decreases the time it lasts. So pairing Barwater and barpoison together will make it less likely you get poison if hit with it and if you do it will wear quicker.

Like I said, its a personal choice on staves and bar spells. I just don't recommend going without bar spells after my experiences.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Sadira
Tomcat

Post by Sadira »

To reaffirm my earlier statement I will once again quote myself:
Sadira wrote:3 basic elemental staves you'll need, Dark, Light, Ice... in that order. After that, a Wind staff is useful and then the other staves if you feel like getting them.
I say Wind comes 4th since imho being able to land Silence without resists is generally harder than landing Slow without resists especially as you start reaching the higher levels. The Ice staff is 3rd because quite frankly, Paralyze owns. I once paralyzed hobgoblins and birds in Bibiki Bay that would only get 3-5 attacks since they were paralyzed during all of their other attack rounds. Not only that, but the Elemental Skill +10 is nice and like I said, Distortion is common, so you can use Ice staff to MB.

I like how this thread is starting to become so far offtopic. Maybe the title should be more generic, like Jobs, Items, Tips, and Gil.
THF50/NIN25 [color=green]([/color]Mithra[color=red])[/color]

[color=red]Clothcraft: 82.0+2[/color] [color=green]([/color]Adept[color=red])[/color]
[color=blue]Leathercraft: 60.0[/color] [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Goldsmithing: 48.0 [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Smithing: 19.0 [color=green]([/color]Recruit[color=red])[/color]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Deviating from the topic for the win!
Poison, most BLM tend to cast that 'cause they want to keep their Enfeebling up. Some even do Blind. One less spell for me to worry about but I'd say Para, Slow, Blind and Gravity are more important than Poison II.

Barelemental spells can be bought from Jeuno quite cheap, same for most of the others. Still taking the odd AoE isn't bad ('cept bomb drops then WHM really should be putting up Barfira anyways) means you can Drain it back and get some Dark skillup perhaps.

Talk about gilholes? COR is worse than RNG since bullets are far more expensive than arrows and bolts. Crappy bronze bullets do crappy damage and mostly miss at this level too, but it's more fun than swinging a sword :P
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

I dont even use poison anymore :P
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Ninja, Ranger, and Thf. The gil hole.

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Ninja, Ranger, and Thf. The gil hole.

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru