Nintendo Wii (Wee~)

A place to talk about... anything!
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

I own and play many of those "kiddy" and "made for 6y old" games and to tell you the truth I love them, they are fun and enjoyable. The things you are calling Nintendo and they things you say, are your opinion and nothing more, so stop treating it like its fact, just because you think Nintendo is "kiddy" does not mean they are.

The PS3....same stupid controler basicly, X-box360, same thing, pretty much the same controler -.- atleast Nintendo has the balls to try new things and not stick with the same old crap forever.
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

nintendo "wee" pfff i'd rather shell out for an xbox 360 now :roll:
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Kailea wrote:I own and play many of those "kiddy" and "made for 6y old" games and to tell you the truth I love them, they are fun and enjoyable. The things you are calling Nintendo and they things you say, are your opinion and nothing more, so stop treating it like its fact, just because you think Nintendo is "kiddy" does not mean they are.

The PS3....same stupid controler basicly, X-box360, same thing, pretty much the same controler -.- atleast Nintendo has the balls to try new things and not stick with the same old crap forever.
This begs the question of how old are you? I simply ask because of my friends nearly all of which like me own Nintendo products and will continue to do so, as long as there is even a handfull of games we like. All of us feel the same in general about Nintendo and the direction they have taken as a company. I know what age group we are in, which one are you in? Perhaps this will help us to understand one another a bit better.
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

I am in my early 20s -.- but why does that matter? I could be 50 and still play.... pokemon, to me it is how fun a game is, not what age group it was geared twards.......
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

JediKitsune wrote:Weird names aren't uncommon in technology, HOWEVER, at this point in time, people are used to certain items having certain kinds of names.

Marketing and advertising are very powerful things,....
Yes indeed. We Americans like our cars named after fast, powerful animals that's why the Volkswagen Bug was so popular in the 60's - 80s's. :lol: :lol:

In truth the advertising campagin by Doyle Dane Burnbach (Spelling?) was one of the things that MADE the bug. It was groundshaking at the time, and a clasic today. Check it out.

Perhaps the best add campagin of my life was one for Chung King Chow Mein by Stan Freedberg (Spelling?). He was a comedic genius who once proved that TV was a far more limiting media than radio by draining Lake Michagin dry, filling it with wipped cream, and having a fleet of bombers drop a 50,000 lb. marichino cherry on top of it. This was, of course, done on radio.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Kailea wrote:I am in my early 20s -.- but why does that matter? I could be 50 and still play.... pokemon, to me it is how fun a game is, not what age group it was geared twards.......
It does matter, when I was in my early twenties I tended to not mind some of the games that were geared like that. As I have gotten older however I need something more. You will find you change in taste as you get older as well.

Good example from me.

Legend of Zelda, I was young when it came out and enjoyed it..I still enjoy it today.

Ocarina of Time, I was younger still when it came out but still older. At that time I was not terribly fond of the sudden kiddiness the storyline seemed to take but it was a fun game so I enjoyed it.

Windwaker, At this point I am older..I utterly and completely loathed the game. It to me felt nothing like Zelda and I simply could not have fun in the game. Now at this point I still find original Zelda and even ocarina of time quite enjoyable. I simply hate the art style of windwaker and I cannot force myself to play it more then 5 minutes. The game has utterly no appeal to me as an adult.

Upcoming Twilight Princess...Looks extremely good to me, once again it appears to be marketed to appeal to older gamers as well as younger.

Now why did I use Zelda as an example here? simple the gameplay for nearly all Zelda games for the most part remains basically the same. ALL of them are based around the same story and have the same potential fun factor. Did I quit liking zelda because I got older? No I feel I still throughly have the same taste I always had, I simply cannot tolerate how nintendo marketed one particular game. That particular game however is also reflective of the majority of their games as of late.

My taste as a gamer has not changed...Nintendo changed.
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

Call me crazy, but I like some of those "bubbly" kid games! Wind Waker... no thanks.

So what if it's not loaded with gore and boobs. I can get plenty of that watching the local news. That's not what makes a game good and isn't what makes a system good!
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Kopopo wrote:Call me crazy, but I like some of those "bubbly" kid games! Wind Waker... no thanks.

So what if it's not loaded with gore and boobs. I can get plenty of that watching the local news. That's not what makes a game good and isn't what makes a system good!
Who said anything about gore and boobs? last i checked Zelda has neither.

Some of the bubbly kid games are ok..I am not 100% against them, I am just annoyed that they make up the bulk of Nintendo's titles these days. Honestly the vast majority of the games for Nintendo that have been produced the last 5 years that did not suck, came out on all three systems. I refer only to nintendo exclusive titles, and the bulk of their exclusive titles as of late have been lame. Sorry but when a game like Nintendogs is one of the top sellers...that is pretty bleak.

However to get away from some of the hate, games I feel Nintendo did a stellar job bringing to market in recent years or upcoming.

Pikmen ~ this while a little silly was still a very good game, bonus is it required a bit of thinking.

Zelda Twilight princess...Looks good, should have the staple Zelda gameplay, and won't be an optical nightmare this time. Two plusses.

Megaman..Hard to argue with button mashing goodness sometimes.

Starfox, not really my thing although I enjoyed the first. Good game overall just not my style. But still a good game.

Unfortunately I run out about there, the rest were just crap or available on any other system so not really much to do with nintendo.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Gore and boobs are awesome! :lol:
I think putting RE4 on GC was a bit of a mistake, but think it's just because the developers don't like Sony much. They gave Code Veronica to DC, then to PS2 a bit later I think.

I look at the GC and can count the number of games I like on one hand. Quite a few are fun for a while but get boring and old very quickly.

I used to love playing Mario Kart but when it came out on the N64, really did not like it. Diddy Kong Racing was better, more variety but it still got old within half an hour. Double Dash held some appeal as you can "teamup" and I do love co-op but again does get old and boring quite quickly.
Xenoletum
Kitten

Post by Xenoletum »

Actually what the RE was was that Capcom and Nintendo made an exclusivity deal. They were to release 4 big games for the system, 3 of which came out.

Viewtiful Joe, Killer 7, and Resident Evil 4.

Capcom as a company broke the exclusivity deal and wanted more money, so they released those games for the PS2. The creator of Resident Evil 4 was so furious that he almost up and left Capcom.

Putting RE4 on GCN was a mistake? Why was that? Becuase it didn't deserve to be on that system. Do no mature games deserve to be released for the system? Ever hear of a game called Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem? Better then RE4 IMHO and it was a Launch Title practically. Research it, it's by Silicon Knights.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Nintendo Wii (Wee~)

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт