Can't get a party.

A place to talk about... anything!
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Can't get a party.

Post by Keavy »

Anyone else having this issue?

I'm trying to level my RDM to 60 because once I do my LS said they'll help me with my AF so last night I look for a party. I see FOUR RDM's at my level seeking. Okay, I say to myself, no big deal. I can always level WHM to 53 (Again) so I look for a group at that level. 3 WHM's at my WHM's level all LFG.

So I leveled BLU and got some new spells.

Is anyone else finding it hard to get a party with everyone and their mother either in Aht Urghan or leveling BLU, PUP, or COR?

I'm not complaining because it hasn't even been a week since it went live, I'm just eager for some normality is all.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

I've seen far more PUPs and BLUs than I have CORs, although I might not be looking hard enough.

Also, what's up with people using PUP/WHM in parties?
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

JediKitsune wrote:I've seen far more PUPs and BLUs than I have CORs, although I might not be looking hard enough.

Also, what's up with people using PUP/WHM in parties?
PUP has a C in H2H combat so they send the Automaton to fight while the PUP enfeebles and backup Cure's.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

JediKitsune wrote: Also, what's up with people using PUP/WHM in parties?
Some of the PUP's abilities run on MND.
JediKitsune wrote:Is anyone else finding it hard to get a party with everyone and their mother either in Aht Urghan or leveling BLU, PUP, or COR?
Some are still EXPing but not near as many as before the Expansion hit. Its even worst Levels 65 - 75. Assualt. Mercenary Rank.

Commerce is slow as well. I often level crafts making materials for more advanced crafters. Things are just NOT selling. Rainbow Thread fell from 890K to 450K in five days on Garuda. Steel Sheets still sell for 90 - 100K in San d'Oria, but fell from 5 - 6 12s/day to maybe 1. Ammunition sales are down as well.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Generally seems to be BLU > PUP > COR in popularity, I'm glad I picked the least popular in this case :)
After a while the initial zomgnewjob!!! thrill should die down and people go back to their old jobs whilst the few dedicated players will continue to level and expand on their new job... at least I really hope that's the case.

What PUP abilities work on MND? And how can a half-assed C enfeebling skill actually stick? May only be a C but they're a DD nonetheless, embrace the damage!
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

You've reached the lvl 60 grind. It's gonna be hell.
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Yeah Its the same way for me as well Keavy. All I do is sit there and farm with my LFG sign up. I guess ppl dont need lvl 41 and up rdm's anymore.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Pheonixhawk wrote:Yeah Its the same way for me as well Keavy. All I do is sit there and farm with my LFG sign up. I guess ppl dont need lvl 41 and up rdm's anymore.
They will after the ToAU fires die down.

In the meantime I'm leveling BLU as a sub for my Mage's. I'll see what kind of advantage it gives to RDM in terms of soloing. So far i've learned Sandspin, Foot Kick, Pollen, Wild Oats, Cocoon, and Feather Storm.

Also, an LS mate offered a great tip for those looking to cap Blue Magic Skill. Stand outside your Mog House and spam Pollen. When you run low on MP head inside. He made a macro that goes like this for it:

/ma Pollen
/wait 8
/ma Pollen
/wait 8
/ma Pollen
/echo repeat

He capped his Blue Magic and has kept it capped using this method and says he learns spells within the first or second try.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

If you're patient enough to stand outside and spam pollen :P

I got an invite on my RDM73 quite quickly ;) guess I'm just godly :lol: was a weird party and surprisingly it kinda worked. PLD, RDM, RDM, BRD, MNK, SAM. Guess not everyone had Sky or Lufaise Meadows so we went to Bibikini Bay, ended up "roaming" around the angler gob area. Other RDM healed, I did backup, Refreshing and MBing. Mobs died too quickly to warrant any debuffs so I'd just slap Bio II and Poison II on them if I could. Of course Silence and Dispel for the mages.
Wanta
Kitten

Post by Wanta »

Yeah, it's definately because of ToAU that you're not getting any parties. Almost everyone seems to be leveling the new jobs. I have to seek on average 3 hours for every invite since the expansion release.
Once the hype dies down, your RDM will be getting fast invites again so don't worry.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Can't get a party.

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Can't get a party.

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт