FFXI worth coming back to?

A place to talk about... anything!
Batsu
Feral Cat

FFXI worth coming back to?

Post by Batsu »

I'm still playing World of Warcraft, I'm a 60 Undead Rogue and part of a Guild that Raids the Molten Core and Blackwing Lair regularly but am thinking of coming back to Final Fantasy XI.

Is it worth coming back to it this late? Is a great deal of the population still emo adolescents that send you whispers about how they're going to commit suicide if you aren't their game spouse? Is there still lame ass drama?

Short post, I'm in a hurry.
[Active]
Chi - Level 60 Undead Rogue - Member of Unison - [Rank 9] Centurion ~ 12,695 Honorable Kills - 3 Dishonorable Kills

[Retired]
Batsu - Level 60 Elvaan Paladin - Level 56 Samurai
Holydragoon
Big Cat

Post by Holydragoon »

well they still exist, but the one who is loyal to me knows I won't marry him in-game. Yet he still gives me free stuff on occasion to my low level jobs

everyone's exploiting exp right now apparently.
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

I came back because I missed it for some reason. Now I'm starting to regret it as I never want to play when I'm on.
Nekiu
Big Cat

Post by Nekiu »

Exploiting exp?
[img]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5814/mithrafishing2pc.jpg[/img]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

I never thought it was worth leaving.

The ToAU content is just great.

There is a new "return homr to Vanad'iel" campagin. Check it out on the PoL website.

The guys who chase after me were NEVER that bad.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Holydragoon
Big Cat

Post by Holydragoon »

yeah I heard that there were people exploiting the new areas for exp. chains of up to 150. I think it was corrected though.
Tinacat
Feral Cat

Post by Tinacat »

Since you are on my server, I would be able to provide you the best info to your questions. But I never really have had to deal with, or haven't even noticed many annoying l33tkiddies. Come back so we can atleast talk to each other in-game.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

omg NO BAD BATSU! BAD!!!!! *grabs the Yaoi Paddle*
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:omg NO BAD BATSU! BAD!!!!! *grabs the Yaoi Paddle*
How... phallic... of you... >.>
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

tee hee, that's just me being insane haha, i havnt done that in so long ^^ its so good to be back! even you mr troll batsu welcome back :D i missed my favorite troll
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Kessa
Housecat

Post by Kessa »

I havent played since I left for Iraq in Jan. Here it is May and a new expansion is out and I am missing it all. :( :(

I wanna go back for the people that I play with on the game, people the are fun to interact with, plus I enjoy the game. Although its frustrating at times it still is fun to me.

A funny thing is there are some soliders from Uganda here that play the game, and were asking if I played ToAU yet. FFXI is everywhere \o/

I also found players here in Iraq, but also in UAE, Oman, Bahrain, and Kuwait.

When I get back to the US I will be coming back most definitily.
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Shinrasin/Signature/The-Master-Thief.png[/img]
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: FFXI worth coming back to?

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: FFXI worth coming back to?

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting