What would you do?

A place to talk about... anything!
Keavy
Drunker than thou

What would you do?

Post by Keavy »

Okay, so I am faced with a choice in the coming months: I can either stick with my PS2 for FFXI until Apple releases OS X Leopard and I can get a Power Mac with an Intel Processor (Or an iMac) and play FFXI via Boot Camp or play on the Xbox 360.

Reason I ask is I'm worried that the Xbox 360 version may be as successful as the PS2 version here in the U.S. and it will give me a good reason to pick up a new Mac.

So, what would you do?
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Ummmm.... what I DID is to stick with the same PC for... a long time now.

In your case I would make my choice on factors outside one game, even this one.

Going to play at least a few other X360 titles?

Have other work that will take advantage of the Mac?

How much utility will you get for your buck?
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Well, I was thinking I love using Mac OS for most general stuff but there are a lot of programs that I want to get and try are Windows only so that's one of the reasons I wanna get a Mac that can Dual Boot OS's.

I see the Xbox 360 becoming like the PS2 where the launch was botched and the games come out slow then at the one-year anniversary we get flooded with incredible games and they JUST...KEEP...COMING...

I just figure if i'm gonna get a Mac that can run Windows I might as well wait and get the Windows version of FFXI and take advantage of all the cool stuff they get like Windower.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

I will give you a tip... the 360 will secretly fail just like the orignal, many games will come out for it, none of them will be fun -.-

and dont play FFXI on the 360, because not only do you have to put up with server maintinace and POL maintinace, you will also have to put up with X-box live maintiance, so that even more time you cant play FFXI :p
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

IDK Keavy, I perosonaly would not buy a system on speculation of up coming releases. Announcements of things in development, maybe, but not on mere hope.

It sounds to me like you have an actual use for a Dual Boot Mac, and great hopes for the X360.

Then again are the Dual Boot Macs out yet? The X360s are. Can you afford either? Is it a mater of either X360 and play on the 20th or wait months for the Mac release and the finances?

If it gets down to pinching pennies to be able to play, a used & refurbushed PS2 may be the answer.

As to all those great titles that will be coming out for the X360, if the 1st Xbox is any indication, they will mostly be first person shooters and the top RPG will be another GTA.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

well SE did say there was going to be agreat MMO for the X-box 360 ....but it is also comeing to PC lol, and everytime they say (only for xbox) there was a PC version like 4 months later -.-
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

I won't buy a Mac now. I was saving for one, but then they started slapping Intel in them. If I can find an old G5 I'm all on it.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

If you get an Intel Mac now you can get the Beta of Boot Camp which works great from what I hear and as for the Xbox 360 I got one.
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

I don't use Intel.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Kopopo wrote:I don't use Intel.
/clap

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

:lol: Macs suck! :P For general PC use at least, they're great for graphics (I've been told).

AMD for teh win!
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

Even as someone who's basically been all about AMD, these Intel Macs really are something. You know it means?

Macs can game just as well as PCs now.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

JediKitsune wrote:Even as someone who's basically been all about AMD, these Intel Macs really are something. You know it means?

Macs can game just as well as PCs now.
A $2500 Mac laptop performs as well as a $5K Alienware laptop and is lighter and smaller to boot!
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Only having one mouse button leads to confusion tho...my other finger gets bored.
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

Kintrra wrote:Only having one mouse button leads to confusion tho...my other finger gets bored.
Except... OSX supports the second mouse button...
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

But it's Mac, and the concept of not confusing my hand while working with anything on a Mac would confuse me even more. :shock:
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

:lol: Mac == Fisher Price My First Computer :lol:
How many games are released on mac? ...f*ck all :lol:
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Sugami wrote::lol: Mac == Fisher Price My First Computer :lol:
With the new "Intel Mac's" any game playable on Windows XP is playable on a Mac.

Gaming on a Mac was a niche market before and I think Blizzard was the only developer that took it seriously.

Now, of course gamers will see that a Mac offers better quality as a Gaming PC at a lower price and Dell and Alienware will need to rethink some things.
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

Sugami wrote::lol: Mac == Fisher Price My First Computer :lol:
that used to be true, now with windows running on macs and mac's using the same x86 instruction set, any program that runs on a pc runs on a new mac. so pretty much, the new mac's are just incredibly overpriced PC's
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Windows is on Macs now? So the intel macs have dual Operating Systems? Or some just use Windows?
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: What would you do?

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт