Rumble in the Jungle!

A place to talk about... anything!
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Rumble in the Jungle!

Post by Pheonixhawk »

So my party is in the Crawlers nest now. This being my first trip there, I wondered why ppl said this place was bad to lvl in. At first I thought wow. :o look at all the crawlers. Look at all the SILK! :love:
Then I took a closer look. Wait.... Look at all the chains....

Suddenly I understood why some ppl hated crawlers nest. So at first we were doing fine until a very very sleepy rdm (not my fault I wanted lvl 39) Misstargeted a crawler nearby. The end result? My party yelling "Why Agentblack, Why..." Of course I died while everyone else barely escaped thanks to our blm casting escape. While I was dead I saw 20 more crawlers come to that exact same spot from being linked and then despawn. So yeah, I think Im gonna enjoy the nest.
Last edited by Pheonixhawk on Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Papillon
Kitten

Post by Papillon »

hehe, just think of all the fun you missed on those chains *before* they added the patch and that they despawn. :shock:

Nothing was more fun than zoning into Crawler's Nest...right into one of those trains at the entrance. Eeek! It would take literally hours for them to finally disperse.
Papillon "Lady Butterfly" db
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/blue/Papillon+db.png[/img]
[img]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d107/GRogos/sig3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.ff-fan.com/chartest/banners/aeris.jpg[/img]
Euro
Kitten

Post by Euro »

Crawlers nest is great in the beginning but in the end when you have to camp for higher monsters and the party wants to go to the secret room camp; advice for the mages, grab some pain killers cause it will give you headaches because of the bright strobe light in it :?
#1 rule of MMORPG, never piss off the main healer, we tend to forget you if you do
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

The coffer for my AF bell bottoms is in the worst part of Crawler's Nest but hey, my RSE legs are WAY better so who cares?
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

RDM AF? It's actually a Treasure Chest not a Coffer for AF2 :P and I care! I don't have room to carry around RSE and AF plus AF looks better :P
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Gobbiebags rule.

Seven rings. Three neckpieces. Three pieces of headgear. Three Earrings. Two pairs of gloves. Two tops. Three pairs of "pants". One set of Boots. Six Staves. One each Sword, Dagger, Shield. Echo Drops. Food. Room for drops.

I don't think I forgot anything. :?:
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Got ya beat there Tsybil...two full sets of gear+ extra stuff. and I do mean FULL sets of gear. As PLD I tank as per normal, DD for weaker mobs, and I also DD in sky, as well as carry possible skill up weapons on me. I have Durandal, Company Sword, Skofnung, Schiltron Spear, and a Warp Cudgel on me at all times. I have my Koenig Shield, and my Tatami Shield. Adaman Cuirass, Haubergeon, Cardinal Vest (getting Narasimha's soon now that I'm 74), Koenig Schaller, Koenig Handschuhs, Crimson Finger Gauntlets (MP+ situations), Adaman Leggings, Crimson boots, Shield Torque, Spike Necklace, Drone Earrings x2, Coral Earrings x2, AGI+4 ring x2, DEX+3 ring x2, Battle Bracers +1.....don't think I forgot anything...oh, full AF as well. :oops:

And I wonder why I never have any room sometimes. ;;
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Re: Rumble in the Jungle!

Post by Baketsu »

Pheonixhawk wrote: Suddenly I understood why some ppl hated crawlers nest. So at first we were doing fine until a very very sleepy rdm (not my fault I wanted lvl 39) Misstargeted a crawler nearby. The end result? My party yelling "Why Agentblack, Why..." Of course I died while everyone else barely escaped thanks to our blm casting escape. While I was dead I saw 20 more crawlers come to that exact same spot from being linked and then despawn. So yeah, I think Im gonna enjoy the nest.
As a RDM I like to Mele as I cast spells because I am locked onto the mob and less chance of a miscast onto another mob.
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

I died again in the nest, lvl 43 this time. I took a wrong turn on my way to the secret room. The end result? A bunch of beetles aggroed on me and killed me. But they didnt de-spawn. Luckily once again a BLM used tractor on me, and tractored me all the way to a safe area while the whm casted raise. :D
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Tsybil wrote:Gobbiebags rule.

Seven rings. Three neckpieces. Three pieces of headgear. Three Earrings. Two pairs of gloves. Two tops. Three pairs of "pants". One set of Boots. Six Staves. One each Sword, Dagger, Shield. Echo Drops. Food. Room for drops.

I don't think I forgot anything. :?:
7 Rings? 3 neckpieces? pfft that's a bit in excess.
My RDM carries JSE, rune blade, w.w. anelace, lv72 dagger, darksteel buckler, 8 staves (yes all 8 I am uber you are not :P), 2 rings + exp ring, 2 earrings + fencer's earring, spider torque, R.K. belt, food, federation aketon, magnifying glasses, signed corsage, powders and oils.

My DRG carries; full barone, full AF, 2 lances and rune halberd, battle staff, 4 rings + exp ring, 2 earrings, 2 neckpieces, ogygo's brc., life belt, food, fed aketon, glasses, corsage, powders and oils.

Teh pimp! *takes a bow* athankyouverymuch :P
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Keavy wrote:The coffer for my AF bell bottoms is in the worst part of Crawler's Nest but hey, my RSE legs are WAY better so who cares?
WHM AF I was referring to. Taking WHM and RDM to 75 eventually. RDM first I think.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Sugami wrote:
Tsybil wrote: Seven rings. Three neckpieces. Three pieces of headgear. Three Earrings. Two pairs of gloves. Two tops. Three pairs of "pants". One set of Boots. Six Staves. One each Sword, Dagger, Shield. Echo Drops. Food. Room for drops.
7 Rings? 3 neckpieces? pfft that's a bit in excess.
Two for MPs, 2 for INT, 2 for MND, 1 for EXP. As I don't have Torques yet, the neck wear is Holy Phial, Black Silk Neckercheif, RR Gorget. If I could afford them I would have two torques and leave the neckercheif at home.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Yeah just hit me why 7 ^^; I forgot to mention the RR gorget too :P
I may buy the lv72 MND rings, depends how much they're going for but I can't be arsed with MP. No room for a Convert macro and I do fine without one :P
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Sugami wrote: No room for a Convert macro and I do fine without one :P
I keep most of my convert on a seperate bank. My Dress White Macro puts on the Holy Phial and the Savage Gauntlets. Swap banks. One macro equips the Gold hairpin, Ether and Electrum rings, Coathardie, Savage Loincloth, & I forget.... :oops: The other is the /p line, my Light Staff, Cure IV, wait, Cure III.

Hairpin, 30 MPs, Rings 50 MPs, Coathardie 25 - 14 for the Tablard nets 11 MPs, Loincloth 32 - 13 for the tights nets 19 MPs. 110 MPs in one Macro, more really because of the I forget. The Holy Phial and the Savage Gauntlets are another 25.

Sadira
Tomcat

Post by Sadira »

Pheonixhawk wrote:Suddenly I understood why some ppl hated crawlers nest.
I actually kind of like CN. The only thing I hate about it is how it can get crowded at times. As for mistargeting and aggroing/linking other mobs...I did that once when I was RDM main. Playing on the PS2 makes targeting and selecting spells really easy, but that one time in Boyadha Tree I goofed up and hit a mandy. And as anyone who's ever leveled in Boyadha knows, that's a very bad thing. Three mandies linked immediately and wiped the pt. I only did it once in my career, but it was very embarrassing. After that incident I made it a point that even though I'm on PS2, I'd have all my debuff spells that I'm using macroed using <bt> instead of <t> in my swap macros.

Actually though, I've been in pt's where other people have made that mistake. One time in Boyadha again, a JP MNK hit a nearby mandy and linked 3 more instead of hitting the incoming crab/crawler (whichever it was); I managed to buy enough time to save that pt too, it was really cool, story for another time. It just goes to show you that even though some people are quick to judge and bitch and call people n00bs for making those types of mistakes, that those types of mistakes can be made by absolutely anyone. Even those that think they are 1337.
THF50/NIN25 [color=green]([/color]Mithra[color=red])[/color]

[color=red]Clothcraft: 82.0+2[/color] [color=green]([/color]Adept[color=red])[/color]
[color=blue]Leathercraft: 60.0[/color] [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Goldsmithing: 48.0 [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Smithing: 19.0 [color=green]([/color]Recruit[color=red])[/color]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Heh I accidentally hit a mandy in tree, rushing to get an MB in but I slept it then we escaped so all was well :) I'm still against <bt> macros as I've seen how badly they can cock things up, just need to be careful when there are a lot of mobs around.
Sadira
Tomcat

Post by Sadira »

Sugami wrote:Heh I accidentally hit a mandy in tree, rushing to get an MB in but I slept it then we escaped so all was well :) I'm still against <bt> macros as I've seen how badly they can cock things up, just need to be careful when there are a lot of mobs around.
You're right, <bt> sucks if you're a melee since if both mobs are red then you end up hitting the closest one if you use <bt> in macro. But for mage casting I think its good. If we do end up with links I usually end up switching to manual casting so I don't have the horrid <bt> problem then.

[color=red]Clothcraft: 82.0+2[/color] [color=green]([/color]Adept[color=red])[/color]
[color=blue]Leathercraft: 60.0[/color] [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I've seen tanks provoke the wrong mobs and BLM poison/bio the wrong mobs because of <bt> so I stand by not using it, just don't be too hasty and make sure what you've targeted is what everyone else is :P

On a slightly related note; partying on my DRG a bit back in Bibikini by the anglar camp, hear the RDM say "OMG I agro" and her health drops down to next to nothing and I think "Oh crap she's targetted an eft instead!" but turns out that's her Convert macro :lol: EVIL!
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Sugami wrote:On a slightly related note; partying on my DRG a bit back in Bibikini by the anglar camp, hear the RDM say "OMG I agro" and her health drops down to next to nothing and I think "Oh crap she's targetted an eft instead!" but turns out that's her Convert macro :lol: EVIL!
*Quickly jots that down for later use*
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

I don't like scaring people. My convert /p line:

Don't {/panic} just {Convert}ing.

You would be shocked at how few people take the opportunity to do a quick /panic. Even Tarus.

Sadira
Tomcat

Post by Sadira »

Sugami wrote:On a slightly related note; partying on my DRG a bit back in Bibikini by the anglar camp, hear the RDM say "OMG I agro" and her health drops down to next to nothing and I think "Oh crap she's targetted an eft instead!" but turns out that's her Convert macro :lol: EVIL!
lol, I've done that once before. :D

Stockyboy
Big Cat

Post by Stockyboy »

When Tarus /panic, you really know something is wrong. I mean, all that arm and lag flailing is maddening. :lol:
Mr. T pitties the fool, Chuck Norris rips the fool's head off, I /poke the fool.
Haubegeon: O
Hauberk: O
Drk75/War43/Nin60/Blm37/Thf37(DONE YES!)/Whm32/Drg22/Smn16/Rdm66/Bst18/Mnk10/Brd33/Pld11
All others not unlocked or not leveled ^^^
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c302/stockyboy/USSRallyourcookie-1.png[/img]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Stockyboy wrote:When Tarus /panic, you really know something is wrong. I mean, all that arm and lag flailing is maddening. :lol:
But it's just so cute :D

I don't have a Convert macro so people usually get a bit scared when I Convert during a fight (which I usually do, ES+Drain = 200HP thank you :)) but that "OMG I agro" :lol: EVIL!!!
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Sugami wrote:I don't have a Convert macro so people usually get a bit scared when I Convert during a fight (which I usually do, ES+Drain = 200HP thank you :))
I don't have a convert macro, I have two. And part of a third.

I swap in ~120 MPs worth of gear and my Light staff, then the convert macro itself has a /p line, a Cure IV and a Cure III. When I am /WHM it has a Divine Seal and a Cure IV, nothing else seems to be needed.

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Not enough room on my macro slots, all taken. I don't like using more than one as it gets confusing sometimes, especially if things aren't going all that smoothly.

Divine Seal + Cure IV, seen that kill a RDM :P I presume you do it in between fights (or at least near the end).
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Sugami wrote:Not enough room on my macro slots, all taken. I don't like using more than one as it gets confusing sometimes, especially if things aren't going all that smoothly.

Divine Seal + Cure IV, seen that kill a RDM :P I presume you do it in between fights (or at least near the end).
Yes, it can get confusing using multiple banks. On the sub bank, I keep some slots blank to clue me. If I try to refresh someone, and nothing happens, I am on the wrong bank.

Divine Seal + Cure IV, yse only between fights or right toward the end. With Stoneskin up.

xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо