Bluemage
27%
none. Im sticking with the original jobs
24%

Total votes: 41

JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

Uh, no... I think they way they put it is that you have to fight a monster with the ability you want to learn and it has to be EP or above.
Kessa
Housecat

Post by Kessa »

It will be fine for me since it looks like i wont be able to play till 2007 x.x
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Shinrasin/Signature/The-Master-Thief.png[/img]
Delila
Kitten

Post by Delila »

most posable one I'll try is puppetmaster looks the closest to MNK to me I'm not the one who likes to sit in the back so bluemage is not even an option
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Well I know for sure it has to be EP or higher and you have to gain experience points (so no getting a high level to kill stuff for you) and it will have to use the ability for you to get it, otherwise that's just silly.

Blue Mage won't be in the back row either. Will be the only mage meleeing 51+ with a sword (cutlass/falcion style) and using those learnt abilities to inflict decent damage and slow down the mob.
Kateevia
Housecat

Post by Kateevia »

I want to be a master in all things Mage.

*votes Bluemage*
WHM60/BLM30/WAR30/RNG26/DRK22/RDM20
MNK20/NIN15/THF10/BRD4/SMN1/SAM1/BST1
Cooking 30, Clothcraft 9, Fishing 4
Here I am in all my Mithran glory....
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?103736
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

Delila wrote:most posable one I'll try is puppetmaster looks the closest to MNK to me I'm not the one who likes to sit in the back so bluemage is not even an option
\

acualy BLU wont be in the back like a normal mage, if it is like any other BLU you will have a good skill in sword, so you will be meleeing too
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Votoing is pretty close currently :)

Looks like Blue Mage is the winning (just) :)
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Well It looks like Blue mage is the winner of this poll. Oddly enough ppl keep telling me its gonna be stronger than the other mage classes put together...
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

:lol: laff, how do you define strength anyways? It's gonna be a lot different than the other mage classes so can't really compare :roll:
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

exactly, blue mage will be greatly different than most of the mage jobs.
Heck, even by just having certain "spells" available you can get stat enhnacements, so it's expected that it won't play like your grandma's mage.

((Edit))
i found a list on a japanese website that has an expected list of spells a bluemage can learn... but we will only know for sure when we try to learn them at least

http://www5.plala.or.jp/SQR/ff11/magic/blue/index.html

((edit edit))

I'm drooling over the possiblity of the listed Thousand Needles... but its gonna take a while till I can convince people to want to hunt cactaur in the desert...
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Pollen and Healing Breeze would be useful, if that is right there is a fair amount of defensive abilities too :)
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Kahvi wrote: i found a list on a japanese website that has an expected list of spells a bluemage can learn... but we will only know for sure when we try to learn them at least

http://www5.plala.or.jp/SQR/ff11/magic/blue/index.html
All the new BLU spells are in the translator now.

This is already leading to new translator jokes.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Tsybil wrote: All the new BLU spells are in the translator now.

This is already leading to new translator jokes.
Yes they are, my Linkshell and I had a lot of fun already playing with the new spells in the transelator.

It seems BLU can even learn spells sea monsters use.
Now that is very interesting.

I also saw that Blue mages can {Self-Destruct} O.o
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Yup Self-Destruct and Bomb Toss, wonder if it'll hurt their party aswell and lose them exp?
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: FFXI Expansion

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru