Lastest Accomplishments or Goals

A place to talk about... anything!
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

This isn't for me, but more for my server.

Tonight at around 10:15pm est Absolute Virtue was finally killed by the ls Apathy on Remora!

/cheer

Go Remora!

:D :D :D
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

What.
The.
f***?

It was actually done?!
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

From what I've been told they managed somehow to get it to glitch into a wall where it couldn't spam Benediction or attack...no clue how tho. :shock:
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Heh if they found and exploited a glitch then hats off to them really, sure it's not how it's "meant" to be done but they did it so well done, I guess :lol:

Not like they got some big haxors in and hacked the code to the next millenium or anything drastic :P

Also *ding* NIN61 new katana and amemet mantle for me :)
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

Yes, AV was really taken down Eviticus.

The HMNLS that took him down isn't sharing exactly how they did it, but another player was in the area and watched the fight from the time Jailer of Love was popped to when Absolute Virtue was defeated. Took about 4hrs from JoL pop to AV's ToD.

From what the bystander (Larkwynn) has said:

They had the mages behind the Wall of Justice that AV can't physically cross, although AV can cast over the wall and Meteor especially can hit them.

Most of the damage was done by BLMs since damage dealers have trouble staying alive long enough to get into hitting range of AV.

The Jailer Weapons when equipped with Virtue stones will stop AV from spamming that particular 2hr. They had a whm (I dont know who) with the Jailer weapon engaged to AV, but out of melee range to stop Benediction. I'm not sure if any of the other 2hrs were stopped by others using the same tactic with the other weapons.

I was helping friends camp a nm in Cape Terrigan when this happened and some of their hnmls members were also watching so I was getting some news that way. Benediction did go off once when it was around 12% or so but they quickly took him down again.

No drop and everyone got 50exp. GMs were present and wished them luck. Thats about it really lol.

Theres a big ol' debate on alla at the moment about whether or not they really deserve the win since the wall of justice is probably a glitch, but I'm trying to stay out of that fight lol. Too frusterating and no ones going to win it. /sigh

Anyway, the thread on alla and KI also have pics and I believe a video of a couple of minutes of the fight if anyone wants more details.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Admin Edit: I disapprove of cheats as much as any other cat, but this post is way too flamey as is.

I got censored by voicing my opinion on the whole AV/Apathy subject. opinion... Here is a less "flamey" topic than can help to clear things up and show that what Apathy did was against the ToS.

http://www.killingifrit.com/forums.php? ... 06b#bottom

I think the best thing to do is to read the "Rules and Polices" section within POL and site those directly when faced with an inadiquite GM (ie. any GM). In the "Prohibited Conduct" section it says:

Monopolizing monsters and obstucting battles
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Preventing other players from engaging in battle with certain monsters and/or obstructing other players' battles with certain monsters is considered to be disruptive behavior. For example, monopolizing notorious monsters, which are popular targets amongst players, for extended periods of time is a clear example of disruptive behavior towrards other players.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

which you could have sited as why exactly he was supposed to take action.
Also in the "Prohibited Conduct" section it lists the following as prohibited:

- Taking advantage of programming errors, such as bugs/exploits, for any reason.
- Ignoring the directions of any Game Master (GM).

I'm assuming those are the reasons you were told to stop and then threatened to jail you. If the GM considered it to be a "bug/exploit" then they obviously need to fix the problem.
That really sucks and I hope you have better luck next time ; ;
Apparently common sense and logic are scarce among GMs.

edit: Also in the "Prohibited Conduct" section:

Preventing progress of missions or quests
Any action in addition to monopolizing certain monsters, occupying certain areas, and/or possessing certain items for extended times that makes it too difficult or impossible for other players to complete missions and/or quests is considered to be disruptive behavior towrards other players.
Last edited by Ambrey on Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bitneko
Tomcat

Post by Bitneko »

I cheat only for quirks, like the moogle hack that is so obvious to do...

Well, obvious with the model veiwer and a play by play guide on how to do it. :D
Sylphine
Tomcat

Post by Sylphine »

Finally got all pieces of RDM AF armor today!! :)

Took me 4 hours before I got my AF pants...Garlaige Citadel is absolutely hell on finding coffer... :(
Sylphine on Titan Server...

[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sylphine]More Info[/url]

Aw...after 50 leveling becomes more difficult now........
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

I read up on it. They stopped it's 2hr's the way SE -meant- for people to. And as far as the wall thing, AV could still insta-spam his Meteors at them like normal, which he did. So it offered only a little protection.

If it was a cheat/glitch, they why not be stopped by the GM's watching? Unconventional, yes. But having stopped his 2hr's, they would've won anyways. The wall just made it faster. Props to them.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.

Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

:? Woah~ interesting stuff with AV~ Cool it died. I agree cheating sux~ and that's all I'm going to say on that...

On to ME! :P
Finally beat Zillart Mission 17!

and
rune sillyness I:
I'm a summoner. However, I have this thing for shooting stuff with a bow and arrows. I have a rune bow, but for some reason rune arrows were hard to come by for me. A LSmate sent me something like 4 stacks the other day! I was very excited :D
So, off I go with my HNMLS to slay some tier 1 or 2 "god" thing in sea. Our PLD is running in circles, as they often do. I was standing on a -?platform thing?- out of the way of the kite path. Some folks with real Ranged Attack skills were standing there with me. I watched them shoot. :idea: "Heeeyyy lemmie try that!" I thought. So, I equip my trusty Rune Bow and fire off a Rune Arrow *miss*. My LS mates started cracking up at me, and I at myself as well! *miss* *miss* Finally I gave up and set Diabolos on it ~Nether Blast~ now that hit!

rune sillyness II:
My HNMLS was camping Aspid. I was in the "adds party". We were kind of just hanging out waiting... So once again :idea: Looks like it's time for Rune Bow action! I summon Garuda and equip my trusty Rune Bow and Rune arrows. *twangiepopthwap* Incoming Raptor!! My arrow missed, but it ticked off the lizard. Fortunately, Garuda had my back :D
LSmate said to me: Having fun with those arrows I sent you I see! ^^
:2thumb:
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Hehe that is interesting, so it appears that exploiting a glitch is against their policies but that begs the question as to "what is a glitch?"

Achievement is I found an awesome party yesterday woo :lol: besides the amazing exp it was the most fun I've had on the game for a good long while. NINx2, SAM/THFx2, WHM, RDM against VT-ITs fast chaining and like I said really fun :D
Tianshii
Mad Cat

death on 2 legs

Post by Tianshii »

~an adventuring story, from Tianshii the "assassin" summoner~

Late last night, 17 members from my hnm Linkshell and I set off to pit ourselves against *dun-dun-dun* Ultima (de tenemos).
Our BigsexyBagel Ninja Elvaan went over the battle plan. We entered and scanned around for the mega boss.
Our Ninja's engaged. I was in a party with them. My task was to slap stoneskin on them every now and again. Thanks to their blink skilz, I was bored early on. I decided to set Ramuh on Ultima.
*assault!* *Blood pact!* ...34 damage... but hey Chaotic Strike stunned the mega boss! :D
We were doing really well. A death here and there but we whittled the buggar down. WAY DOWN.
Ultima has this lovely little ability where he draws in a member of your alliance. This person can not run. I mean they could, but that's bad because what happens next is... "Citadel Buster"!!!
The closer we got Ultima to its death... Well the more it wanted US dead.
Tanks and Black Mages were dropping left and right. That left ME with hate. I got sucked in!
But be proud, sisters! This kitty did not panic. Instead I did what summoners do best--- Summon Ramuh!!! *Chaotic STRIKE!!*
Then stared Ultima in the face as it citadel buster-d me for 1400something damage. :lol:
Oh I wasn't down and out just yet! As soon as it seemed safe enough I re-raised and ran to a corner. Many of our members were fighting weakened. I targeted Ultima. It had a hair of HP left! {All right} I thought! Then more people died. I think there were 2 or 3 of us left alive.
Someone screamed, Tian- 2hour!! Psh, I was already plotting that... Ramuh out... Used my job ability... Got sucked in!!!
:twisted: Just what I wanted! :twisted: "EAT THIS ULTIMA!!! - **JUDGEMENT BOLT**|
:o UltImA sTiLL sTAndInG?!?!?! ...and with that I got whiffed out again...
Three alive... I waited... re-raised.... ran... 19HP and 24MP. My 2-hr still ready, my mana pool not at all. I summoned again. I downed a yag... Ultima was on to me... I was suddenly facing it again. Still not enough MP for a Judgement Bolt. Ramuah wailed away on Ultima without fear. I downed a hi-ether....j-u-s-t ~ i-n ~ t-i-m-e ~ t-o ~ DIE! :rofl:
1% Ultima was at 1% :? Total alliance dead.

That was our first try. Over all, I'm proud. I had a lot of fun. And best of all, I stared death in the face and fed it chaotic strike & judgemant bolt!! weehoo~~
Round 2 coming up in a week or 2 :roll:
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Katina
Big Cat

Post by Katina »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

w0000t 67-69 blm in one day

I was fighting gods with ls and rdm pal asked to pt after fight and it was amazing xp.

went from 9k into lvl at 68 to 2.5k into 69. Plus i had just lvled in the morning b4 the god fights from 67 to 9k into 68.

GOT MY UBBER BLACK CLOAK.

wont be long now b/c i can do manaburn stuff and not have to ask ppl for so and so. 8) 8) 8)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/SilverBlade830/katfinal.jpg[/img]
Many things go unsaid every day with those close to us. But the feelings are always there and true.

75whm//75blm//75war ZM/CoP: O
90+3 bonecraft 60 leathercraft/ alchemy
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Your brain must have been mush after that :lol:
Think I went from 64 to 65 or 65 to 66 in one party, and was barely into the level. On RDM too my brain was so numb after that party :lol:
Sylphine
Tomcat

Post by Sylphine »

Grats, that was a very fast lvling :)
Sylphine on Titan Server...

[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sylphine]More Info[/url]

Aw...after 50 leveling becomes more difficult now........
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Proto Omega (Limbus Apollyon {Mega Boss}) defeated :)

Battle Start!

Half way into the battle which lasted 13 minutes. (Yes I'm weakened, the Gunpods had something against me and went for me first. You guessed it, one shottage!!)

[edit] Claimed page 44 8)
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Katina
Big Cat

Post by Katina »

:o :o :o

cool

I didnt know Quist had sea and he's in my ls. What sea linkshell is that Shirai
Many things go unsaid every day with those close to us. But the feelings are always there and true.

Sadira
Tomcat

Post by Sadira »

Congrats Shirai.

For me, a nin friend helped me and a couple other people get mold for G1. Only downside of playing another character is doing G1 and G2 over again >,< We got 4 molds in less than 20 minutes of work. TH2 ftw.... at least when the moon phase is good and it feels like working. :roll:
THF50/NIN25 [color=green]([/color]Mithra[color=red])[/color]

[color=red]Clothcraft: 82.0+2[/color] [color=green]([/color]Adept[color=red])[/color]
[color=blue]Leathercraft: 60.0[/color] [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Goldsmithing: 48.0 [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Smithing: 19.0 [color=green]([/color]Recruit[color=red])[/color]
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

{Congratulations!} on beating that. And I'm a bit disappointed, Limbus looks just like Promyvion. ;;

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Kintrra wrote:And I'm a bit disappointed, Limbus looks just like Promyvion. ;;
Apollyon looks like Promyvions yes, but there are other mobs that roam around there that drop nice Ancient beastcoins you need to upgrade your AF to AF+1.
Next to that the (crafting) items needed to upgrade drop there as well.

The other Limbus area called Temenos looks more like the Grand palace of Hu'Xzoi and the Garden of Ru'Hmet. (It will probably say nothing to you but screenshots of that are found on earlier pages.)

To describe Limbus,
{Um...} ya, you can compare it with a kind of Mini Dynamis where you can only enter with 18 people.
Each Limbus has 4 regions and a central point where the Mega Boss resides.
To reach Central you must gather chips from all 4 zones.
You can enter a Limbus zone once every 3 days just like Dynamis.
The mobs you pull all drop one or more ancient beastcoins.
(Whatever happens to those depends on LS rules, mine has one person lotting them and has them evenly devided at the end. AF+1 items can be free lotted for applicable jobs.)
(I still need one item for my summoner AF+1 feet)
After killing a certain number of monsters treasure chests spawn with either coins and AF+1 crafting materials, Time extentions, a level boss, there are even boxes in some sections that restore HP,MP and 2 hours. :o
Astral flow on every floor of a Limbus area is fun fun fun!
At the end of each Limbus there is one last chest that drops more coins/crafting materials and one of the chips which you need to gather to fight one of the Limbus bosses.

Proto-Ultima = Temenos
Proto-Omega = Apollyon
(To the ones who have done the Airship fight and haven't done Limbus yet: Yes these are the same mobs, only a lot nastier.)

As for my experience in Limbus, it is really fun to do.

@Katina,

Check your PM, I've posted the info and contacts there.

@Sadira,

Congrats on G1,
I really hated that one, but G2 was extremely fun!
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

G3 and G4, done. Through a fluke of fate, I have attained the following.... Amemet Mantle +1, Foragers Mantle, 2 Woodsman Rings, Minuet Earring, Assault Earring, Tiphia Sting. Hit 63 last night after soloing my final 1500, got to equip my {Feral Trousers}. I'm really proud of them too. I've been wearing my Republic Subligar for 37 levels or so now, I'm glad to have shorts. ^.^ Got Feral Jerkin waiting for me at 65. I've made a deal with some lvl 75 friends to help me camp Ose for Assault Jerkin, and I have my air tank for the Movapolos fight for my Rutter Sabotons. All I need to do is get to lvl 70, start soloing for eyes for my O.Hat, and get my Dragoon Testimony, and I'm set....

Oooh, while I was soloing last night I got my first solo chain. Two T Knight Crawlers in a row. 130 for the first, 156 or so for the second. I did have to use a Yagudo drink, but not bad. ^.^ Now if I could lay my hands on some T Crabs, I'll be having some fun with Elemental Seal + Aspir. Oooh, yeah. Sweet MP's....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Eviticus wrote:Through a fluke of fate, I have attained the following.... Amemet Mantle +1, Foragers Mantle, 2 Woodsman Rings, Minuet Earring, Assault Earring, Tiphia Sting. Hit 63 last night after soloing my final 1500, got to equip my {Feral Trousers}. Got Feral Jerkin waiting for me at 65. I've made a deal with some lvl 75 friends to help me camp Ose for Assault Jerkin, and I have my air tank for the Movapolos fight for my Rutter Sabotons.
:shock: Just wow.....
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Punkerdood
Tomcat

Post by Punkerdood »

GOT SKY GOT SKY GOT SKY GOT SKY GOT SKY
WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT HAPP HAPPY JOY JOY
i feel special
8) :?
75SAM
Rank7 sandoria
Pheonixhawk
Queen Cat

Post by Pheonixhawk »

Me and three of my trusty Mercinaries (From MY, Yes MY linkshell :P the Mercinaries Guild) assembeled in Tharongi Canyon to get our Lapras Coral in order to complete Mission 2-2. Me and my second in command Mercinary were Rdm's lvl 23 while the other two were lvl 20 blm and lvl 20 war. (For some odd reason they had a lvl cap on them and we couldnt cure them) Halfway to H-9 in the Maze of Shakrami we were ambushed by 4 Tough gobs. Somehow we won, but with a cry of pain one of our Mercinareis had been defeated. We shed our tears and continued onward into the maze. Fighting countless enemies we finnaly approached the final area for the Lapras Coral. The only prob was a Gob and a Scorpion gaurding the next area. So our war voked the gob and we slaughtered it easily. Myself and the Rdm used sneak but we couldnt cast it on the WAR because he had the lvl cap on him. (if that makes any sense) So we continued onward only to find our War get aggro from the scorpian and Ghoul. I shouted at my Rdm mercinary saying we have no choice but to leave him. But disobeying all orders he rushed to save his warrior knowing it was a 2 on 2 match with him the War against two IT mobs. I stood there and watched horribly as my last two Mercinaries were defeated in battle. I continued on now that the coast was clear and obtained the Lapras Coral, and used a Scroll of instant warp out of the cave.

Was it a accomplishment? yes, but everybody else died :(
DRK 75, RDM 75, 65 PLD

"If I could have a bot program. I'd have an Auto-Tarupunt one. You know. As soon as you go AFK it punts all taru within the area. Priceless" ~ Blackwing of Phoenix Server
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Me and a WHM75/BLM37 friend Duo'ed the evil bastard that is Miser Murphy. PLD73/NIN36 ftw! And yes, Evasion PLD has it's uses. Plus that Bachelor's Vest looks damned sexy on us. ^^

Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Pheonixhawk wrote:Me and For some odd reason they had a lvl cap on them and we couldnt cure them.... Myself and the Rdm used sneak but we couldnt cast it on the WAR because he had the lvl cap on him. (if that makes any sense.
Do NOT talk to the NPG near the entrance to the Maze. The Level Cap was for Eco Warrior. You get it by talking to that NPC. If it ever happens again a Temp Logout will remove the Cap.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Obtained Astral leather.

Soon I will be the proud owner of:

http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/7557
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Shiny, heh enhances avatar's evasion :lol: good for soroing.

There's a few things I've come to accept about this game;
1. I'll most likely never get rank 10
2. Most likely never get into Limbus
3. Will probably never get AF+1
4. May never get quested ws :cry:
5. Will get bored of it again
6. Probably came back again
7. Just making stuff up now :P
8. Will always look cute and sexy :)

Anyways... Eviticus your DRG is sounding extremely pimped now. Just need lv70 and the Corazza and you'll be more pimping than mine :P

I landed an interesting party with a friend yesterday. NINx2(one was me), WARx2, BRD, SMN. The other NIN was a bit of a nub (2 HP drain katanas at 62 wtf?) but the others were good fun. Despite constant interruptions, links and deaths it was still fun. NIN left and we got a WHM, things went much smoother and was a laff, exp wasn't great who cares? If you only enjoy the game through quick and decent exp then you really should take a step back and re-evaluate yourself.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Sugami wrote:Shiny, heh enhances avatar's evasion :lol: good for soroing.
Another stat on em that makes this kitty very very happy next to the evasion boost for my avatars :3

Katina
Big Cat

Post by Katina »

8) 8) 8)

70 BLM and I got Diabolos Blm style

4 blm rdm/drk smn (from ls we made pt)

It feels good to have another job to offer and even just to know the feeling of the master of destruction along with the master of healing.

Hopefully I get to go on my 1st limbus run tonight with Tsunami :lol: