I did my part to reduce the n00b population.

A place to talk about... anything!
Keavy
Drunker than thou

I did my part to reduce the n00b population.

Post by Keavy »

So I get an invite on my Bard and I join and I find out the leader is a newbie and this is the second party he has formed. He invited me because he liked the "Bardalicious Mithra" line in my Search comment. As we're forming the party I make suggestions and explain why I think they will work out for our party.

When we finally find a camping spot (Both jungles are packed and jobs of all kinds are LFG in droves, hordes, even!) so we find a camp, I suggest our leader simply be a DD for the time being so the SAM pulls. I explained to everyone where I needed them for songs and I explained to the leader in /tell why.

Things go pretty good until the SAM decides to try a Goblin, against most of the party's wishes. First one Mijin Gakure's and we get 250 experience points on average. So he decides to get a second and I tried in vain to explain that not all Goblin's will do that. Sure enough, second and third (He pulled right after second died) resulted in two deaths and everyone using 2 hour abilities. WHM faked a D/C and those that had died HP'd and disbanded.

The leader apologized to those who remained and said he felt it would be best if we disbanded since he had to leave in an hour. No one was sore at him about it. All of our anger was at the SAM who put us in that situation.

The leader personally thanked me and said that from now on he's gonna invite Bards to all of his parties. I couldn't help but laugh and told him due to high demand that a Bard will level quickly and they are hard to find. He was quite surprised to find out that in the hour I had been in his party that I had turned down at least 10 invites!

In the end, I had made a new friend and I feel the knowledge I had given him would be taken to heart. So now on Phoenix we have one less n00b. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do :P

P.S. Please, if you have a new person in your party be patient with them and explain things to them. Last thing we need is more WHM/NIN with underleveled subs wearing level 1 RSE and spamming their highest level cure.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

There's a difference between a newbie and a noob. What you encountered was a newbie; relatively new to the game and still learning. Noobs are people who never learn and always think they're right no matter how long they've played.

But good on ya :P

I died twice yesterday, 62 is bit low to be tanking in Bibikini (at least it is for me) and the WAR rarely took hate off when I was in trouble, didn't voke+WS and the WHM was doing homework at the same time :evil:
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Newbies, left to their own devices or enticed by the "Dark Side" become n00bs.

n00bs : Sith.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
Sadira
Tomcat

Post by Sadira »

omg, I hope I'm not turning to the Dark Side. I have this habit of killing sleeping party members. :oops:
THF50/NIN25 [color=green]([/color]Mithra[color=red])[/color]

[color=red]Clothcraft: 82.0+2[/color] [color=green]([/color]Adept[color=red])[/color]
[color=blue]Leathercraft: 60.0[/color] [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Goldsmithing: 48.0 [color=green]([/color]Journyman[color=red])[/color]
Smithing: 19.0 [color=green]([/color]Recruit[color=red])[/color]
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Am I the only one who thinks that a Mithra in the "Darth Vader" outfit would be awesome?

Why doesn't SE allow us to at least get Final Fantasy Character Costumes? Like Yuna for female summoners or Lulu for female BLM's.
Sylphine
Tomcat

Post by Sylphine »

Luckily you didn't encounter with what i met... (A NIN NOOB)

I was pting in Qufim during lv 20-25 (i was a WAR/MNK back then), and my friend formed a pt of WAR WHM NIN SAM WAR BLM. It's agreed that the NIN will be the main tank. PLUS the NIN has the PL (who is a PLD), so we're off to camp in front of Delfutt Tower.

Now, here's the bad thingy. I went to pull since I was the only one with bow & arrows on, when I retreat back to the camp the NIN goes like "Here I come, {Provoke}!!" BUT WTF!! She's a NIN mithra and has no Utsusemi on when she voked, so I voke the mob back to me for her to cast Utsusemi AND STILL she never cast Utsusemi through the whole 1 hr of pt...Yes, no one dies, but it was a very depressing pt.

After 1 hr, the NIN said : "I have to go, see you again" and she's gone with the PL. We got a mithra DRG for replacement, and the main tanker switched to me. The pt after the NIN left was dramatically better than the pt while the NIN is staying, we got 2 lvs for everyone after we disbanded and no one died.

Anyway, newbies are way better than noobs.
Sylphine on Titan Server...

[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sylphine]More Info[/url]

Aw...after 50 leveling becomes more difficult now........
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Hehe go DRG kitty! NIN probably thought could get away with being cheap and not using shadows 'cause of PL. WARs make decent tanks up till garbage shitadel, then they'd need to go all out DEF & VIT to be viable as tanks.

Hehe and as for calling noobs sith, that's making them sound cooler than they are :P
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

My story is so magnificent and grandiose, I gave it it's own thread here.

Edit: Apparently, though funny, my story was was a bit too...umm...too much to post here. Untill further notice, that above link will not work.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

:shock:
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Darrrn, missed it....
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: I did my part to reduce the n00b population.

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting