How does one say Farewell?

A place to talk about... anything!
angelstar107
Tomcat

Post by angelstar107 »

Sugumi is asking to be put in time out by Auntie Tsybil! X3
Mnk 75, Drg 75, Sam 75, Blu 74, War 50, Thf 41, Dnc 58, Nin 37, Whm 42, Rdm 46, Pup 41, Rng 63, Bst 19, Pld 4, Drk 26, Smn 3, Sch 7

[23:41] Starlight: Markov, why are bikini's getting smaller and smaller?
[23:41] MarkovBot: Because you are going to work.

Ninetails Pride! ^.~ Kittens are cool too...
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Sugami wrote:
Tsybil wrote:I....I know of one person on Garuda older than I.
Older than you? ZOMG must be a grandad or something :lol:
She is a Grandma, it is said a grandson got her the game as one way to stay in touch while he was in Iraq.
angelstar107 wrote: My, we deviated far from the topic...
Not really, it started out with depressed thoughts, I mentioned depressing songs 'cause way back in the day, there was nothing like an imprompteau depressing song contest to cheer people up.
Tianshii wrote:If you want to feel better, bask in the sun. That's what kitties do. That's what I do IRL. There is something comforting about the sun's rays. Warms me through and through.
I recently learned that sunbasking generates one of those feel good endorphin like chemicals in your body. So yes, go and bask in the sun. Bring chocolate.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

This is slightly off-topic but... can you see us kitties at like 90-something in a MithraPride retirement village? All basking in the sun with our laptops. Playing final fantasy. Eating chocolate. :D
Tsybil wrote:sunbasking generates one of those feel good endorphin like chemicals in your body
{/nod} I believe that has also been confirmed by science. As far as bringing chocolate, if it's a hot day- go with the M&M's for no melty mess :)

I found the following doing 1/2 @$$ed research on the subject:
The researchers theorize that UV exposure leads to the release of chemicals in the brain called endorphins, which are linked to both pain relief and euphoric feelings.
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Doesn't work for me :P Getting skin cancer isn't my idea of a good time :P
I'll take the chocolate though :D
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

Sugami wrote:Doesn't work for me :P Getting skin cancer isn't my idea of a good time :P
I'll take the chocolate though :D
you will never get anything without risking something.
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

You do not always get skin cancer from sun exposure. OVERexposure is what we need to look out for. There is sunblock for that. Also, being out there between 10am and 2pm for an extended period of time w/out protection is not wise.
The sun is good for you. We need sunlight. Has to do with vitiman D, plus those afore mentioned endophens.
Too much of anything can be bad for you, but a half an hour out in the sun won't give you insta-skin cancer :stare:
Also, in a study about a year or so ago, researches found that sun burns you get as a child are what set you up for getting skin cancer (or not) as an adult.
:?: So~ guess I should thank my mom for insisting on smearing that kiddie sun block on me even tho I hated it! :lol: (you know the kind: pink bottle, little girl getting her bottom pulled by a little dog.)
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
Aony
Housecat

Post by Aony »

Tianshii wrote:You do not always get skin cancer from sun exposure. OVERexposure is what we need to look out for. There is sunblock for that. Also, being out there between 10am and 2pm for an extended period of time w/out protection is not wise.
The sun is good for you. We need sunlight. Has to do with vitiman D, plus those afore mentioned endophens.
Too much of anything can be bad for you, but a half an hour out in the sun won't give you insta-skin cancer :stare:
Also, in a study about a year or so ago, researches found that sun burns you get as a child are what set you up for getting skin cancer (or not) as an adult.
:?: So~ guess I should thank my mom for insisting on smearing that kiddie sun block on me even tho I hated it! :lol: (you know the kind: pink bottle, little girl getting her bottom pulled by a little dog.)
Hehe, yea. You see all too much these days people go crazy over one thing they hear that says a thing you like is bad for you, it gets exaggurated a bit over time, and suddenly (I actually had this happen to me in lunch once) someone tells you that the mini plastic cup of nacho cheese you decided to try for your french fries the first time ever is going to give you a heart attack and kill you :lol:

Back on the topic, I'm kind of going through all this right now. Though I may not have been dealing with it as long as you all have, It's been long enough to know how it feels. Off and on I try little things to make it better, but so far not much help. But hey, with the 10 or so people saying their stories, it's easy to say you're not alone eh? :wink:
[url=http://www.imageshack.us][img]http://img100.echo.cx/img100/6779/sigaony7am.gif[/img][/url]

thf: 70 drg: 50 nin: 36 smn: 30 whm: 33 blm: 21 war: 25 drk: 13 sam: 10 brd: 9 mnk: 10 pld: 10 Blu: 8 cor: 11 pup: 5

All Thief AF obtained! :thumb:

http://img380.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wheresyourgod1sh.jpg
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

Valkurm Dunes Promotes Skin Cancer From Sun Overexposure!

There, back on topic.
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Hehe I was being silly about the skin cancer, I'm not stupid but I still find sitting out in the sun a bit on the boring side :P

Doncha just hate it when you dream of your ex? :x
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Sugami wrote:Doncha just hate it when you dream of your ex? :x
Nope, I have had some HOT exes. And good times with them too.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

:oops: Weird you bring up HOT dreams... I've been haveing some lately... Like every night this week... :| and uhmm... The guy in them isn't an EX, or the current bf :oops: /dies

How does one say farewell to hot dreams about other boys :?: (there back on topic, sorta)
Assassen Summoner
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

:lol: don't tell the bf he'll get jealous :P

Lucky you Tsybil :P I've had no good times with my ex because I consider them all to be a big fat lie. Hard enough to get her out of my life when she owes me money and still has my tape of Live8 but these stupid dreams are just... GRR :x Angry kitty! :x
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: How does one say Farewell?

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting