A place to talk about... anything!
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Moderator's actions

Post by Ambrey »

"Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:35 pm
And locked and tossed it will be... Rolling Eyes

Just stop it ok?

To everyone involved, Stop trolling these boards!
We don't want this crap, anyone is welcome here from any server also phoenix.
Just come with normal discussions & threads of any nature.

but more threads like these will result in a instaban from now on!"

Shirai, you made this post on another topic and locked it recently, I feel (imo) your statement concerning instantban is out of line when you failed to do anything about previous trolls and the problems concerning the "Prrsha" incident. How can you post something like that after you failed to act prior to this? I may get "instabanned" for what I type here but oh well.

I agree about not wanting trolls on the forums but there need to be sterner rules or regulating of the boards or more active moderators patrolling the boards then. I can speak about this from personal experience as I am a admin on my ls's own website. I like the MP boards and its members but I (imo) felt you were out of line in the way you worded your post.

Use more discretion and conduct urself better next time.

[modbreak by Shirai]
Edited title
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

I think I missed something: What constitutes "Trolling"?

I like this place mainly because unlike other FFXI forums you can have a discussion about issues related to the game without getting into a flamewar over someone's opinion.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Yukira
Feral Cat

Post by Yukira »

Up until now that is...
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Trolling, from the fishing practice I guess.

You know, throw out a line and see if anything bites.

In this case it would be deliberatly posting things that get people angry. And getting those angry people to respond while still angry.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

If we just pass around the Catnip and all take a toke, we can just let this thing drop, ya?

Some people like/agree with Prrsha, some dislike/disagree with Prrsha. Yeah, whatever. Prrsha took his toys and left. Can we just let this all die? Come on, kitties, we have beastmen to slaughter. Just go back to your normal lives and don't give this issue more attention.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
angeladark
Tomcat

Post by angeladark »

The only reason why this issue isn't dead is practically because of Prrsha and his friends not letting go of being associated with this site. Now, if they had either discussed things rationally and come back or totally cut themselves off and become "underground" when this whole thing started. It wouldn't have gotten so ugly so quickly.
[img]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c97/angeladark/AngelaSig.jpg[/img]
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Re: Shirai

Post by Shirai »

Ambrey wrote: Shirai, you made this post on another topic and locked it recently, I feel (imo) your statement concerning instantban is out of line when you failed to do anything about previous trolls and the problems concerning the "Prrsha" incident. How can you post something like that after you failed to act prior to this? I may get "instabanned" for what I type here but oh well.
I'm happy to take on this discussion since it's pointed at me.
At first, yes it may have been a bit rash but over the last 2 weeks a lot of enmity has been built between several users.
The main reason for the start of this drama is what everyone has probably forgotten.
A user that has been banned already: Kiren/Baldir/NIN.
Some Phoenix users have started to make a big fuss about him/her and continued the line even after the ban.
Topics were growing about their discontent with the rules set up on these boards to prevent drama and they kept building drama around it.
I kept locking up topics and gave many warnings within them to prevent them from happening again.
They built their own boards and declared independance, it could have ended right there.
But Chaoskitten and Prrsha had to continued to make more topics and create more trouble and drama aka more topics to be locked.
And after locking and archiving more then 20 topics started by the same people about the same thing every time does try my patience and I'm only human as well so I have my limits.

And no you will not be instabanned for this tho I would rather have seen you taken this up in PM with me.
I agree about not wanting trolls on the forums but there need to be sterner rules or regulating of the boards or more active moderators patrolling the boards then. I can speak about this from personal experience as I am a admin on my ls's own website. I like the MP boards and its members but I (imo) felt you were out of line in the way you worded your post.

Use more discretion and conduct urself better next time.
As for sterner rules, I'm against that because we have a fine set up there with a lot of common sense.
They can be found here
But if you have any suggestions, please post them there.

As for more moderators, you are right about that.
At the moment I'm looking at several users to help Goldess and me with this task because Goldess and me are almost alone in this.

If you indeed felt I was out of line it's good of you to tell that, but like I previously said I'd rather see that taken up in PM.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Shirai wrote:A user that has been banned already: Kiren/Baldir/NIN.
Some Phoenix users have started to make a big fuss about him/her and continued the line even after the ban.
I was never told nor any MP Phoenix member that NIN's ban was reinforced. When I talked to Golddess he said that he could post where he wanted to.

When that happened MP Phoenix tried to start a peition for the ban to be enforced. The topic got locked so MP Phoenix's next step was to open a new forum where we could be rid of Kiren/Baldir/NIN.

If an admin told us the ban was reinforced we wouldn't have left, but what's done is done I guess. Even if MP Phoenix were to rejoin these boards Kiren free, too many things were said by both sides to undo things I suppose.
angeladark
Tomcat

Post by angeladark »

Prrsha, it's never too late. There is still time to talk things out and to reconsile differences. Don't let pride cloud your judgement. We know you still want to be a part of the fold and misunderstandings can always be talked about over a cup of catnip tea.
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

angeladark wrote:Prrsha, it's never too late. There is still time to talk things out and to reconsile differences. Don't let pride cloud your judgement. We know you still want to be a part of the fold and misunderstandings can always be talked about over a cup of catnip tea.
We never "left" the fold, we just moved to a new forum.
angeladark
Tomcat

Post by angeladark »

response sent in pm as it was drifting off topic.
Nekiu
Big Cat

Post by Nekiu »

Im sure kiren is very happy that it ruined mithra pride for many people.
[img]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5814/mithrafishing2pc.jpg[/img]
angeladark
Tomcat

Post by angeladark »

some of those people got what was coming to them. I mean, it's totally stupid and crazy to let someone else have access to your account, especially if you give them your password.
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

angeladark wrote:some of those people got what was coming to them. I mean, it's totally stupid and crazy to let someone else have access to your account, especially if you give them your password.
I agree, it is why I felt not senpathy to those who had their accounts "hacked" ....all I have to say to them is HAHAHAHAHAHA

anyway, even though I was part of Kiren thing, I can learn to fogive and forget, half the stuff Kiren did, Prrsha made up, and everyone belived it, but I do belive about the account "hacking" but there again..... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA to those who where stupid enuff to give out that info to someone, other then that Kiren (NIN) was a nice person, and under the account NIN, did nothing wrong, Prrsha and some of his "followers" were just being anel. :p
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
Golddess
LVL (-1) Baka Neko

Post by Golddess »

Prrsha wrote:When I talked to Golddess he said that he could post where he wanted to.
I believe I said I was watching him. There are certain things that I feel are best if left unsaid so that trolls don't hear it and get ideas. No I'm not perfect, and perhaps I withhold too much at times.

However, I was sure I'd mentioned that Kiren had been re-banned, and I apologise since I hadn't.
[color=blue][b]WHM-BRD75[/b][/color] | RDM62 | BLM38 | PLD30 | NIN25 | SMN22 | WAR20 | DRK18 | THF15 | SAM11 | DRG-RNG-COR10
Gold53.1+1 | Smith21.4 | Wood8.0 | Cook2.2 | Leather2.0
0/300 T.Whiteshell | 0/1400 Byne Bill | 0/6000 O.Bronzpiece | 0/10000 T.Whiteshell
Mithra have paws!
[img]http://www.mithrapride.org/boards/images/mithra_paws.jpg[/img]
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Moderator's actions

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Moderator's actions

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо