Dancer class

A place to talk about... anything!
badkarma/Southstar
Kitten

Dancer class

Post by badkarma/Southstar »

ok Square Enix give me my dancer class with some beautiful JSE gear from dance shoes skirt/dress ribbon and gloves their thats the 5 peices of armor. have abilities like Mog in FF III earth dance exc oh and don't forget new line of weapons like Whips that can be used by Dancers and BST just an idea of what I always wanted when i started playing FFXI
Dukuji
Mad Cat

Post by Dukuji »

Mithra Dancers --> {Yes Please!}

Galka or Male Elvaan Dancers --> {Oh for the love of the gods! Somebody please put my eyes out of their misery!}

'nough said
[url=http://mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Dukuji]'Kuji[/url]; The [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Ninja[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] [color=green][b]{[/b][/color]Cat[color=red][b]}[/b][/color] -------|m >^-^< m|------- Seeker of Oblivion
Yukira
Feral Cat

Post by Yukira »

Meh....I'd rather hope they'd make some other new jobs. Dancer just sounds plain stupid (although I can appreciate the visual images my imagination comes up with). :?
Bitneko
Tomcat

Post by Bitneko »

I like the idea, yet it sounds like a BRD remake.
Rakshasa
Tomcat

Post by Rakshasa »

Bitneko wrote:I like the idea, yet it sounds like a BRD remake.
Just because both jobs are based on the entertainment arts doesn't make it a remake. :P

I could see the job causing problems in parties if it worked like Mog in FFVI (English III) since he either won or died when he started dancing. >.< Those dances were obtained by fighting and winning in a specific area, so I think it would be kind of fun to fight an NM or a small battle every few levels in a new area to gain your next abilities. Doesn't have to be hard at first.

I think a dancer would be more similar to a SMN job if you were to meld the avatar and summoner together. .... A melee SMN? That sounds like fun, now I want one.
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/Furbewok/SigTemp.jpg[/img]

You can't stop the Rak. ^^
-Rakshasa
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

I have ALWAYS wanted to be a Dancer.

But I will admit that my definition of Dancer includes a bit of Dance on your face with my spike heels.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

No offense, but you got any info on this? I checked the FFXI site and no info up there on Dancer.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Rakshasa
Tomcat

Post by Rakshasa »

Keavy wrote:No offense, but you got any info on this? I checked the FFXI site and no info up there on Dancer.
Badkarma/Southstar posted a wish/hope and we all jumped in with the pros, cons and possibilities. There is no info on this job and I don't expect to see one with the next expansion.
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/Furbewok/SigTemp.jpg[/img]

You can't stop the Rak. ^^
-Rakshasa
Sylphine
Tomcat

Post by Sylphine »

Hmm....I don't think dancer job will come soon. :(

But indeed, mithras make good dancer. (Male Elvaan & Galka = /no)

May be the abilities will be like FF Tactics? Enfeeble songs/dances ?

(I sometimes wish that the BRD 2hr will be like the highest BRD song in FF tactics (CT = 100% Intantly turn (cast time 15 turns), but randomly), just change to TP 300% all pt maybe?)
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Full PT {Meikyo Shisui} would be nice. XD
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
sakono
Housecat

Post by sakono »

i'd be sastified with some animation for the /dance emotion ; ; nothing to fance just some sort of animation would be nice
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

Rakshasa wrote:
Keavy wrote:No offense, but you got any info on this? I checked the FFXI site and no info up there on Dancer.
Badkarma/Southstar posted a wish/hope and we all jumped in with the pros, cons and possibilities. There is no info on this job and I don't expect to see one with the next expansion.
Oh, sorry. I missed that part. My apologies.

I don't see this happening, though because with Blue Mage and Corasir we'll have more than enough support jobs meaning that if we get more they would be healers and tanks.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

Keavy wrote:
Rakshasa wrote:
Oh, sorry. I missed that part. My apologies.

I don't see this happening, though because with Blue Mage and Corasir we'll have more than enough support jobs meaning that if we get more they would be healers and tanks.
i seriously doubt healers, the only two big healing jobs in ffxi were white mage and summoner, with red mage able to do some healing... same way its always been.

my theory is thier adding time mage(support, nuke, possibly /whm healer) and geomancer(tank). but well see what happens.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Summoner was never intended as a primary healer :P and Red Mage should never main heal either :P
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Geomancer as a Tank, eh? I don't see how that one would work personally. Curious as to your thoughts on that tho Nivez. ^^
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Tianshii
Mad Cat

Post by Tianshii »

:roll: I'de like to see a dancer job also... Just because I bet it would be fun & cute! But I suppose it wouldn't be right to only let females be dancers... then SE would have to make a male-only job...which would miff us kitties :x ... Even still~~~ DANCER {Yes please.} The sheer hilarity of Galka doing some sort of party stat boost dance would make up for the initial :o omgwtf :shock: are you --doing-- :? shock, dontcha think?
Assassen Summoner
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o233/PuszNboots/sigs/Tianshii_this.jpg[/img]
SMN75~SAM75~whm75~thf42~DNC38~drg33
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Sugami wrote:Summoner was never intended as a primary healer :P and Red Mage should never main heal either :P
And NIN was originally intended to be a DD class while SAM was to be the new Tank class when they were released.

If I never main healed, I might have had to look, oh IDK, maybe five mins more for many of the parties I have been in.

And if SMNs never main healed, they would never party at all.

Come to think of it, the ONLY times I have ever lit off Manafont as a BLM was to... comeon, you can guess it... CURE!!! :lol:
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Yukira
Feral Cat

Post by Yukira »

I swear to you, if I ever see a Galka Dancer doing his moves I'll get the NIN job and {Mijin Gakure} immediately....
Sylphine
Tomcat

Post by Sylphine »

Sugami wrote:Summoner was never intended as a primary healer :P and Red Mage should never main heal either :P
Yea, I agree with that.

But almost all the time when I party with no WHM, a RDM as main healer again...

Have you ever get a pt with 5 fighters and 1 RDM? And yes...the tank is a PLD......(Geez..are you killing me?)

Galka Dancers = /em picks out a goblin bomb and bomb toss on myself...
Sylphine on Titan Server...

[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sylphine]More Info[/url]

Aw...after 50 leveling becomes more difficult now........
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

Sylphine wrote:
Yea, I agree with that.

But almost all the time when I party with no WHM, a RDM as main healer again...

Have you ever get a pt with 5 fighters and 1 RDM? And yes...the tank is a PLD......(Geez..are you killing me?)

Galka Dancers = /em picks out a goblin bomb and bomb toss on myself...
i leave those parties.

seriously, im speaking in traditional FF terms along with ffxi terms. whm and smn have always beeen linked in the other FF's sometimes being one in the same. in ffxi, they are both healers.

red mage is a healing class, not in the traditional sence though. its better than a smn at curing, but only is really good when paired with a bard (ballad + refresh) to make up for a rdm lower MP overall than a whm or smn.

geomancer is rumored to be the new tanking class. it is believed to use the zone, weather affects, moon phase, and terrain as the basis for its spells, mostly pld like in nature. this is all fine and dandy, when i read about it myself it sounded like a very intresting job combination... but would be next to impossible to pull off.

Sam War and Pld were the original tanks of this game, it is very clear however that by lvl 60, the only tank that can take damage slow enough for a party situation is pld. and ninja is our blinktank... meaning... they either need another job with a blinktank, or another job like paladin that takes very little damage with extremly high armor... im intrested to see what they do.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Eh... SAM was meant as a backup tank, not full time. Originally WAR and PLD were meant to be the tanks but WARs can't take hits aswell as PLD even with nice defensive armour and a "relief tank" would help them with that problem.

SMN were meant to be DD and they are a DD class, they just suck at it until 70 really :P Their buffing abilities kinda matches NIN's debuffing abilities. I'd guess at both SMN & NIN were meant as DD/support initially.
SMN's huge MP pool makes them good healers.

RDM are support like BRD, not healing. I'd always reject any offers where they want me as main healer there is just too much to do and not enough MP to do it with if you're tanking on the healing roll. I'd only main heal if there's a BRD and NIN tank but I'd still not like it. Two WAR/NINs can replace the NIN, if they share hate well there isn't much healing needed and the damage they bring is pretty awesome.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Sugami wrote:Eh... SAM was meant as a backup tank, not full time.
Originally the timer for Meditate was 1 min. The SAM was supposed to hold hate with Provoke and the ability to spam WSs. A SAM can wear the second best defensive armor in the game. Has more HPs than a WAR.

My SAM kitty can tank just fine, even with a 3 min Meditate timer, but she needs a whole different set of armor than she usually wears to do it.

badkarma/Southstar
Kitten

Post by badkarma/Southstar »

Seems i picked a touchy subject that spun off to why do smns have to play whms :lol:
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Dancer class

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Dancer class

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо