X360 announcement

A place to talk about... anything!
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

X360 announcement

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

The Xbox 360 Beta

In addition to the February version update content being implemented across all platforms, Xbox 360 Beta users will be receiving a specific Xbox 360-related update.
-The user interface will be increased in scale by approximately 20% to compensate for small characters on some HDTV displays. Standard TV displays will not be affected.

-It will now be possible to enter numbers from the numeric keypad when using a USB keyboard. This change will not affect game controls that already utilize the numeric keypad.
The Hydra world is the stage for the Xbox 360 Beta and is currently home to many thousands of players from Japan, North America, and Europe. With the number of simultaneous logins exceeding the public worlds, the strong North American and European presence can be seen in the peak login time that begins in Japan's morning and stretches into the afternoon.

As was previously announced, the sale and official commencement of service for the Xbox 360 version of FINAL FANTASY XI will coincide with the release date of the upcoming expansion disc, Treasures of Aht Urhgan. All three expansion discs-Rise of the Zilart, Chains of Promathia, and Treasures of Aht Urhgan-will be included in the release version of FINAL FANTASY XI for the Xbox 360.

As the date for official service looms nearer, the development team is looking into the possibility of transferring character data to the public servers for all players currently enjoying the Xbox 360 Beta. As the beta testing continues, however, technical issues may arise that could prevent such a transfer. We will be sure to bring you updates on this matter as soon as they are available.

We would like to remind players that it is possible to make an Xbox 360 Beta character using an existing PlayOnline account for Windows or the PlayStation 2. A FINAL FANTASY XI character made with a PlayOnline Beta account for the Xbox 360 cannot be transferred to an existing account on a different platform.

FINAL FANTASY XI Development Team (02/02/2006)

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/inform ... 60202.html
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
NIN
Kitten

Post by NIN »

That's good news for players participating in the beta. I wonder how the beta is differing from a regular server like Midgardsormr, or Remora. Can anybody provide with some information? It would be appeciated!
<3 Baldir <3 Kiren <3
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

NIN wrote:That's good news for players participating in the beta. I wonder how the beta is differing from a regular server like Midgardsormr, or Remora. Can anybody provide with some information? It would be appeciated!
Let's just say this:

Beastmen control pretty much every zone right now, and people are currently complaining about the cost of leather armor.
AgentSeethroo
Tomcat

Post by AgentSeethroo »

JediKitsune wrote:
NIN wrote:That's good news for players participating in the beta. I wonder how the beta is differing from a regular server like Midgardsormr, or Remora. Can anybody provide with some information? It would be appeciated!
Let's just say this:

Beastmen control pretty much every zone right now, and people are currently complaining about the cost of leather armor.
Yeah, the economy is totally different in the Hydra server right now.

It's a lot harder to amass a decent amount of gil there, too. Things generally sell for a LOT less in the AH.

Levelling up pretty much sucks there, too.

Sorry to be advertizing, but here's my blog that contains my experiences from the Beta Test.
[url=http://www.gamerfocus.com][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/AgentSeethroo.jpg[/img][/url]

My kitty's name is Teryn! Check out her adventures [url=http://ffxi.gamerfocus.com]here[/url]!
NIN
Kitten

Post by NIN »

AgentSeethroo wrote:
JediKitsune wrote:
Let's just say this:

It's a lot harder to amass a decent amount of gil there, too. Things generally sell for a LOT less in the AH.

Sorry to be advertizing, but here's my blog that contains my experiences from the Beta Test.
Thanks for the link to your blog. I'm going to bookmark it, and yeah. I fugred that's what it would be like. They should limit the number of discs sent out to the magazine There are going to be too many lower leveled people in those areas for other people to level up and you'll be stuck as level 1-10 for a week instead of a day like you could in an established server like Midgardsormr.
<3 Baldir <3 Kiren <3
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

A day? Hell, With Bard as my sub, a couple stacks of Milk, a stack of Meat Jerky, My NPC, and my Exp. Ring I can go from 1-10 in a couple hours.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
NIN
Kitten

Post by NIN »

I leveled most of my jobs to 10 before I could get the the NPC quest would have worked for me, not to mention that the EXP rings weren't out until after I got my jobs to level 10. With Bard, it will be faster because it'll decrease downtime. lol
<3 Baldir <3 Kiren <3
Keavy
Drunker than thou

Post by Keavy »

I get laughed at a lot by idiots (DRK/BRD??? HAHAHA n00b!) but it does work great up to about level 7. Basically with Bard as your sub you get a no MP Protect at level 1. I say up to level 7 because that's when almost all melee jobs get Leather Armor and at that point your Defense is good enough to live without it. For PLD or DRK I go with RDM at this level to enhance survivability (Melee's without MP I go WHM) and use juices; usually the stuff I skill cooking up with.

Like with the Juices I use Milk when I heal to speed up the recovery process which leads to faster exp. Like NIN, I also leveled pre-NPC and Rings (Hell, pre sub even) as a Monk and with the Jerky/Milk strategy I was able to solo from 1-20 and get my Subjobs, level WAR to 10 and get my chocobo license in a weekend!

Keep in mind that I was playing almost non-stop that weekend after coming back from a PS2 death to find my main character who I created at NA Launch was gone, a victim of the improper logout caused by my PS2's demise so I was pretty motivated to get Keavy to where my old character was. In fact, in the four months since she's exceeded my main on many levels. While her highest job is nowhere near my old character's, Keavy does have a wider range of jobs all close in level which allows me flexibility in job/sub combos and farming. Best of all, with this new economy I was able to make 250K in that weekend off of crystals and drops that I got. All of that went into uber gear, food, and the Silent Oils and Prisim Powders needed for her Jeuno run (As soon as she hit 20 I hauled ass to jeuno so death was not an option.)

My point is this: If you're willing to invest a little time in this game into research you can become an incredible player.
[b]WHM 75[/b] RDM 42 BLU 24 SCH 24 / [b]FTWindurst 10[/b] Sandy Oreo 5-1 RoZ 14 CoP 2-5 ToAU 15 Assault PSC
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/TehAsh/Keavysig.png[/img]
Custom sig courtesy of Krilldog.
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Keavy+Rain.png[/img]
Keavy's thought for the day: "Grand Theft Auto IV has stolen my heart! :love:"
NIN
Kitten

Post by NIN »

Keavy wrote:My point is this: If you're willing to invest a little time in this game into research you can become an incredible player.
That is true, and it is quoted because it is true. Also, it's true that the players that mock are idiots. If you want to do something unique, then f*** them. If you want to be a DRK 75, and BRD 37 then go right ahead. You can make parties still.
<3 Baldir <3 Kiren <3
AgentSeethroo
Tomcat

Post by AgentSeethroo »

NIN wrote:
AgentSeethroo wrote:
JediKitsune wrote: Let's just say this:

Thanks for the link to your blog. I'm going to bookmark it, and yeah. I fugred that's what it would be like. They should limit the number of discs sent out to the magazine There are going to be too many lower leveled people in those areas for other people to level up and you'll be stuck as level 1-10 for a week instead of a day like you could in an established server like Midgardsormr.
Hey, thanks for the bookmark, I appreciate it! I added a new post today...Hopefully it'll end up drawing some frickin' traffic. Ugh!

Oh, another note for you 360 beta testers...if you're interested in joining the MithraPride LS in Hydra, give Teryn a /tell.

Savvy?
[url=http://www.gamerfocus.com][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/AgentSeethroo.jpg[/img][/url]

My kitty's name is Teryn! Check out her adventures [url=http://ffxi.gamerfocus.com]here[/url]!
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: X360 announcement

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru