New job class "Corsair"

A place to talk about... anything!
Gospel
Tomcat

Post by Gospel »

hehe YAY FOR PIRATE!!!! now we can celebrate International Talk Like A Pirate Day the way it's supposed to be!!!!

MEOW!!
More barabric than Heaven.

There can be only one.

White Mage - AF1-[:2thumb:] AF2-[:2thumb:] AF3-[:2thumb:] AF4-[:2thumb:] AF5-[:2thumb:] AF6-[:2thumb:]
The relic hunt begins soon!!!
AFv2-1 (Mjollnir) [:(] - AFv2-2 (Cleric's Duckbills) [:(] - AFv2-3 (Cleric's Cap) [:(] - AFv2-4 (Cleric's Pantaloons) [:(] - AFv2-5 (Cleric's Briault) [:2thumb:] - AFv2-6 (Cleric's Mitts) [:2thumb:]

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style1,Gospel.png[/img][/url]
Hazina
Kitten

Post by Hazina »

Chill out? Chill out? People are excited and wondering all about this new job just like they did when Blue Mage was announced, and when the third job will be announced in a month or two, guess what? You'll have to suffer through the same thing.

Okay so what if Corsair has the abilities of a Gambler but looks like a Pirate? IT LOOKS COOL!!! FF has always been an awesome game that plays on people's imagination and the love of story telling. What's so annoying about knowing some people will play Corsair because they love Pirates? Do you think they won't be able to use their gambler abilities? Of course not, THAT is silly >.>
[img]http://devixel.ca/imgs/ffxisig.jpg[/img]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Sheer speculation:

Corsair is mostly a Gun Mage with Gambler like JAs and 2 Hour.

Main job party support with stat reducing bullets? ability of hexagun? Gambler like JAs and 2 hour will be combat worthy though. Will get Ranged WSs. Expect the Corsair's other weapon choices to be the same Swords and Daggers that a THF can wield. Perhaps Polearm, think Boarding Pike, historicaly a short pike, 6' or so with hooks behind the head.

No parrot, eyepatch, or peg leg.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Tinacat
Feral Cat

Post by Tinacat »

Kailea, you fail the relize the cheezzy obsession of pirates that the internet has brainwashed us ALL to love, just like it has with ninjas. And how pirates, and ninjas are great enemies.
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

Well so what if its a brain wash? My brain has been a little dirty anyway.

Still now we can be pirate/ninja and kill enemies Drunken Monkey style

all we need now is grog as a craftable item.... hehe
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Kahvi wrote: all we need now is grog as a craftable item.... hehe
I can't help with that in game, but limeaid and dark rum makes a pretty good imitation IRL.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Cool

Post by Baketsu »

Now we can do ballista with one team being NIN and the other being CSR, then we can fibnally settle that age old question.
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Re: Cool

Post by Kahvi »

Baketsu wrote:Now we can do ballista with one team being NIN and the other being CSR, then we can fibnally settle that age old question.
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck had opposable thumbs?

or was it this one...

What is the sound of one hand playing Soul Calibur 3?

If a man is in the woods and no women are around within 100 miles, is he still wrong?
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Kahvi wrote:If a man is in the woods and no women are around within 100 miles, is he still wrong?
:lol: I like that one :D

I gotta try out that limeaid and dark rum mix :D
NIN
Kitten

Post by NIN »

The Corsair job tempts me to fix my gaming PC, and buy FFXI again. I'm assuming the gear being worn is the AF. Do you think thief would be a good sub job for it? I dunno. Level 50 Corsair, and level 25 Thief with flee sounds very appealing.
<3 Baldir <3 Kiren <3
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Kahvi wrote: If a man is in the woods and no women are around within 100 miles, is he still wrong?
Of course. Why wouldn't he be? :?:
NIN wrote:The Corsair job tempts me to fix my gaming PC, and buy FFXI again. I'm assuming the gear being worn is the AF. Do you think thief would be a good sub job for it? I dunno. Level 50 Corsair, and level 25 Thief with flee sounds very appealing.
Go for it kitty.

COR = back line support with ranged weapon debuffs and (I presume) damage. So possible subs look like /RNG Acc bonus, /SAM TP gain, /WAR good 'ol Berserk, /NIN blink & Dual wield, /WHM because every back line support class HAS to /WHM.... :roll:

Without close quarter melee and SA I can't see /THF although it is the sub of choice for RPing.

I could be wrong even though I am not a man in the woods with no women within 100 miles. :lol:

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

That's a good point, Corsairs' debuff bullets have a chance of missing as well as not sticking? That's gotta suck then.

It's not a DD class, so /WAR and /SAM probably a bit pointless. /NIN might be useful for getting nice stats from weapons, /WHM will probably be the way to go and /RDM if you really hate WHM that much.
Yet we don't know what stats CORs would like, I'm guessing INT and MND which would make the mage jobs useful subs ^^
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

im still taking bets that corsair is gonna be breeded into /rng after it comes out and serves more as a DD than support, using alitle support and alot of damage. i might be wrong, but it seems to me if the job lacks refresh (which it probably will) otherwise it will serve virtually no role in a party.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Heh all depends on how much damage they can inflict, if they don't have refresh then they probably won't be wanted for their "support" role and people would rather have them replaced by a DD. If that's the case and doing /NIN or /RNG doesn't rival the damage of any other DD class they'll probably be shunted after a while ^^;