Yi-Shan-Guan

A place to talk about... anything!
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Well with Sprouts you need a DRK for one of the DDs for Stun and the other DD is usually a RNG for pulling them out of the crowd around the BRD :) however when I did it the BRD had so much hate from all that singing the stupid mandy kept running back to her :lol:

I thought a BST (at least one) was essential for the bats one, you essentially take 2/3 bats out of the picture whilst you kill one off. :)

UO the easiest way to do it is as you said, 2 NINs backwards tanking the wimpy ones using elemental ninjutsu to kill em whilst someone kites the big one all the way down to the bottom and back. Those heckeyes have an attack that paralyses you if you're looking at it and this is one badass paralyse that can't seem to be removed with remedies either so it is essential that you don't look at them and always have your back turned :) I've always done it with BST or SMN for kiters, find it helps that their pets take the hate and the hits, a RDM might not last as long. We did it twice with a DD instead of a NIN (SAM and DRK) and have the kiter kite 2 mobs whilst we quickly kill one, then run down to the other small one then finish with the boss. It worked and both times we got cock charm too hehe, all other times with 2 NINs no cock charm :(
Nhiha
Tomcat

Post by Nhiha »

drg could be very good for UO becouse of the wyvern just engage and turn around the wyvern will still hit it. plus drg/mage wouls also have like dia and banish or other blm spells idk i may be completely off base
ScarlettPheonix
Queen Cat

Post by ScarlettPheonix »

RDM is actually great at UO. 2 friends and I do this every couple of weeks. They go as NIN/WHMs so they can cure themselves a bit which is nice. Love not having to worry about them while I'm kiting :D

Gravity and bind land very well and at 40 we have Phalanx, Stoneskin, Ice spikes, barfire and Cure III. And our resist petrify trait helps alot

I haven't been paralyzed by these things yet but I have felt the full effects of breakga, bindga and that damned firaga.

Its really a very simple fight and I often have enough MP to do some light nuking at the end of the fight.

Bats BCNM I actually did with a DRK and another SMN. SMN is my secondary job, btw. DRK took Colo while we each 2hr'd on one of the others. Worked really well.

There are alot of workable combinations for the bcnms. You don't need the most popular set-up to succeed. Most ppl just go the popular set-up route since its usually also the easiest way to beat the thing(s).
[img]http://www.geocities.com/fieryscarlettpheonix/1job18subs.jpg[/img]
[color=darkred][i]Red Mage[/i][/color]
Windurst 10/ZM14/PM [i]finis[/i]/ToAU [i]finis[/i]/SGT(P)/WotG [i]Emblem of the Holy Knight §§§§[/i]

[url=http://scarlett-insertwittytitlehere.blogspot.com/]My not interesting at all blog[/url]
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Nhiha wrote:drg could be very good for UO becouse of the wyvern just engage and turn around the wyvern will still hit it. plus drg/mage wouls also have like dia and banish or other blm spells idk i may be completely off base
You can't kite with your wyvern if that's what you were talking about ^^ you can't have your wyvern try to solo one either, he/she will get para'd nd bitchslapped to death :( if you have a DD to help the NIN they have to fight on the opposite side and watch their hate and you'd need a BST to kite 2 of them (think jug pets can take a beating better than avatars) :) also DD should be something with good DoT (SAM, DRK, DRG etc.) ^^; otherwise you might end up pulling hate and getting paralyzed :(
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Yi-Shan-Guan

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо