Oil Depot in UK go boom!

A place to talk about... anything!
Sugami
Anime cat

Oil Depot in UK go boom!

Post by Sugami »

This is a day old but meh think some of you may be interested.

Any UK residents (besides myself) would have heard an oil depot in Hemel Hempstead blew up and caught on fire. Some of you people in other places may have heard this too but I wouldn't be surprised if you haven't.

This happened in a town called Hemel Hempstead (just north of London) and guess what... I live there! Below is a picture which I took on my phone looking out of my parents' window. Enjoy :)

Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

:o What the hell are you still doing in that town!?! I saw this on Saturday and CNN was reporting that the surrounding towns were being cleared because they were unable to control the explosions. In any case i hope that all is well :)
[color=blue][b][i]Don't let fear cloud your judgement, for it will hold you back from all of your dreams ;) [/i][/b][/color]
[img]http://www.drowtales.com/~hightreason/chibilaelia.gif[/img] [color=blue][size=200][i][b]Meeooww!!![/b][/i][/size][/color]

WHM - 61 | SMN - 32 | BLM - 21 | THF - 10 | NIN - 7 | BRD - 7 | BST - 7 | SAM - 5 | WAR - 5
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

It's under control, or so they say but only people pretty close to it (one section of town) were being evacuated :)

I heard lots of warehouses near me took structural damage from the shockwave, Golden State Foods are missing a roof hehe :lol:
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

WOW :o

Here in the land of the free and the home of the lied to, we hardly ever get news from other countries.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

That's not surprising in the least, America only really cares about stuff that effects America :P
Tangrax
Tomcat

Re: Oil Depot in UK go boom!

Post by Tangrax »

Sugami wrote:Some of you people in other places may have heard this too
Supposedly it was heard in holland :o
[img]http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/2261/13377ov.jpg[/img]
--------------------------------
50THF-24NIN-15MNK-13WAR-1WHM-1RDM-1BLM-10DRK-8DRG-1BST
AF1[X]AF2[ ]AF3[ ]AF4[ ]AF5[ ]
[color=green]Dunesn00b: "ok my provoke macro is done"[/color]
[color=red]<Everyone dies>[/color]
[color=green]Dunesn00b: "lol my macro didn't work"[/color]
[color=green]Leader: "I hate you."[/color]
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Bet the air smells lovely over there... :roll:
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Hehe I think holland is lying and the smoke is blowing away from me so I'm fine :D
Tangrax
Tomcat

Post by Tangrax »

Thats what i thought cos i didn't hear it, and im a damn sight closer than holland :P
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Tangrax wrote:
Orly :shock:

I have heard it on the news, but where I live...
I heard no bang or what so ever.

As for a little crashcourse Dutch.

Hemel is the dutch word for heaven :)
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Jadus
Tomcat

Post by Jadus »

Sounds scarey ~.~ but yea the americccan media is funny
about certain things
liek when that building company dynamited and
dislodged some structures and killed a couple animals
butnobody heard about that on the news nuh uh
lol and the company continues the blasting :P
[color=green]{[/color]Mew?[color=red]}[/color]
"Slaughter" always has "Laughter" in it.
New sig on the way... Maybe..
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Sugami wrote:That's not surprising in the least, America only really cares about stuff that effects America :P
No, Americans only care about what our so called liberal media puts in front of them. For instance, the so called liberal media SCREAMED for Slick Willy's impeachment over lies about where he hid his willy. So the American public cared about that. Our current liar in cheif, a devout right-to-lifer, lied about why well over 100,000 people have died. But as our so called liberal media seems to think this is all right, so do our shee... errr populace.

The lack of foreign news is part of a campagin to keep us isolated and ignorant and it works well.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Tangrax
Tomcat

Post by Tangrax »

Tangrax wrote:Thats what i thought cos i didn't hear it, and im a damn sight closer than holland :P
Um... actually holland is closer than i am :( my geography blows
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

Shirai wrote:
Tangrax wrote:
Orly :shock:

I have heard it on the news, but where I live...
I heard no bang or what so ever.

As for a little crashcourse Dutch.

Hemel is the dutch word for heaven :)
And here i thought it was closer in translation to Sky than Heaven... but then again i was reading it more as a mistyped Himmel which is german...
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

Tsybil wrote:
Sugami wrote:That's not surprising in the least, America only really cares about stuff that effects America :P
The lack of foreign news is part of a campagin to keep us isolated and ignorant and it works well.
The only real news we get here from outside the americas is from public broadcasting in my area... and they just show BBC at goddess-forsaken hours in the morning.
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

Yeah foreign news is very sketchy it is either the Shiny Happy People version (the good) or The Evil Enemies version(the bad). but it is only what they want us to see.

A perfect example is last month there was a fire in the building I work in and they evacuated everyone. A bunch of firetrucks, cop cars, ambulances, and other vehicles showed. Then 5 news helicopters flew and hovered overhead. The fire which was internal couldnt be seen so after 10 min all the choppers left. The fire was extingusihed and we went back to work. The point here "No fire huh? Nobody maimed or injured? Well this is boring lets go" :roll:
[color=blue][b][i]Don't let fear cloud your judgement, for it will hold you back from all of your dreams ;) [/i][/b][/color]
[img]http://www.drowtales.com/~hightreason/chibilaelia.gif[/img] [color=blue][size=200][i][b]Meeooww!!![/b][/i][/size][/color]

WHM - 61 | SMN - 32 | BLM - 21 | THF - 10 | NIN - 7 | BRD - 7 | BST - 7 | SAM - 5 | WAR - 5
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Well~ think what I said still stands. There wasn't much on this explosion over there because the media people didn't find it interesting enough and believed the masses wouldn't either, which is most likely true.
Hence the not caring about anything that doesn't involve themselves :)

Fire still there, quite cool to look out the window and see it. My ISP was blaming the explosion for crappy connections (also their TV signals) but it was fine the past 2 days :roll:
Losfuin
Feral Cat

Post by Losfuin »

Sugami wrote:Well~ think what I said still stands. There wasn't much on this explosion over there because the media people didn't find it interesting enough and believed the masses wouldn't either, which is most likely true.
There was nothing to link it to terrorism. I remember waking up mid-day on Sunday to be greeted by the TV going "OMG Terrorists blew up oil dep0t!!!11!11eleven". Then came the reports of "oh, an accident..." and everyone stopped being interested. And they'll wonder why petrol prices go up this week :twisted:
Tangrax
Tomcat

Post by Tangrax »

Losfuin wrote: And they'll wonder why petrol prices go up this week :twisted:
Pushbikes FTW :P
Yukira
Feral Cat

Post by Yukira »

I'm tired.....I first read: 'Gil Depot in UK go boom!' and was like WTF? :?

Too much FFXI perhaps......naaaah! :D
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Losfuin wrote:
Sugami wrote:Well~ think what I said still stands. There wasn't much on this explosion over there because the media people didn't find it interesting enough and believed the masses wouldn't either, which is most likely true.
There was nothing to link it to terrorism. I remember waking up mid-day on Sunday to be greeted by the TV going "OMG Terrorists blew up oil dep0t!!!11!11eleven". Then came the reports of "oh, an accident..." and everyone stopped being interested. And they'll wonder why petrol prices go up this week :twisted:
LOL so true! :D
xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru