95%
no
5%

Total votes: 38

Nhiha
Tomcat

Post by Nhiha »

back to the actuall topic sincde when does drg have an acc bonus job trait

i randomly looked at my job traits and i have a acc bonus, since when did i get this?
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Nhiha wrote:back to the actuall topic sincde when does drg have an acc bonus job trait

i randomly looked at my job traits and i have a acc bonus, since when did i get this?
Level 30.

I was in a skillup party and realized that we had a PLD/DRG when he jumped. Makes perfect sense there.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Two jobs have {Accuracy Bonus}, Dragoon and Ranger. Subbing Drg makes sense for skill ups, Acc. Bonus and the extra attack every minute and thirty seconds. If you're 70 or above, you also get {High Jump}.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Nhiha
Tomcat

Post by Nhiha »

oh dint know drg had acc bonus i read that only rng had that guess they were wrong
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

{Um...} actually, DRG gets their first {Accuracy Bonus} at 10. Or at least I'm pretty sure. :oops:
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Mmm, first Acc. job trait? Meaning we have more then one? I wish. :lol:

Nah, level 10 is Atk Bonus, 25 is Dragon Killer, 30 is Acc bonus. And that's all we get. Here is a full list of our JA's and Traits.....well....as of today. As of 3pm pst tomorrow, we'll have a new lvl 1 JA and a new 2hr.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.

Holydragoon
Big Cat

Post by Holydragoon »

Yup our list is fairly small for traits. At leasts is going up now though. I don't know about any one else but I tend to spend more time managing my sub skills than I do my main. Maybe I just use my DRG traits as easy as I breathe =).

Maybe I was just born purple?
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Well obviously our traits are passive so we don't have to actually "use" them as such :P
As for abilities all we have pre-patch are jumps, call wyvern and spirit link and we don't have to worry about alternating High Jump and Super Jump half of the time :D
70+ is goo~d btw :D Warcry <3 I make sure I always have either Warcry or Berserk on when I WS. You'll see a lot of DRG seem to worry too much about one number so they like to sub THF for a garanteed 400-600 Wheeling Thrust. Well poo to them I've pushed Wheeling Thrust from 200-300 to 300-500 on WAR sub and can get up to around 650 on several occasions :D
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Jump
Temporarily weakens an enemy’s defense.

High Jump
Enemy’s TP is reduced by a percentage proportionate to the amount of damage inflicted.

Super Jump
As seen from the enemy target’s position, the closest party member behind the dragoon has his or her enmity reduced by half.
Wow... just wow! :o
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Awesomeness! :D:D:D
I wonder how much Wheeling Thrust will do with 2hr on XD or for that matter SA + Wheeling Thrust *drools*
Nhiha
Tomcat

Post by Nhiha »

yeah drg jump attacks rock
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Yarr, I be back from me testing! Here be my results, ya scurrvy swine....

{Spirit Surge}

This imbues you with the power of your wyvern. After a very flashy little animation, your Wyvern fuses into you and dissapears. An icon appears with all your other little icons of your Wyvern's head. The following are documented effects.

Str boost. My natural was 48 as a lvl 50 Drg/Thf, the boost was +11. A LS mate from another LS was a Galka Drg with 53 def, he said his boost was 13. Figure out the math for yourself. All I know is that's a happy little boost there which should make WS numbers sing.

Atk boost. This, from what I've seen, is purely because of your Str going up. My Str went up 11, and my Atk went up 5. This seems to supports 2 Str=1 Atk. Marginal bonus.

HP bonus. From 855 to 1007, -nice-. Your hp % stays the same, so you don't have to heal that bonus to benefit from it.

Jumps are as Prrsha stated.

In all, nice. The 2hr lasts as long as othner 2hrs, about 30 secs or so. Like the job itself, versitile. Place the Blm behind the 2hr'ing Drg and not only can the Drg lose that hate from the Thf's SATA, but he can hit the Blm's emnity by 50%

Good Str bonus for WS's, defense lowering jump, tp lowering jump. {Spirit Surge} is an excuse for Dragoons to freak out and kill sh*t. I do think a 'Huzzah!' is in order, three of them actually.

Edit:On KillingIfrit, some believe that the Wyvern's damage was cumulatively added. I don't think this is true. If that was, take the following example.

I was out in Valkurm when I tested this. My average hits against sheep were doing 160-210 damage, my Wyvern was around 90-120. With the 2hr, my hits were 180-220. If the damage was added cumulatively, it should've been 250-330 per hit. The Str and retroactive Atk bonuses are all I think {Spirit Surge} gives you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Prrsha wrote:
Jump
Temporarily weakens an enemy’s defense.

High Jump
Enemy’s TP is reduced by a percentage proportionate to the amount of damage inflicted.

Super Jump
As seen from the enemy target’s position, the closest party member behind the dragoon has his or her enmity reduced by half.
Wow... just wow! :o
Holy shnikeys, sounds like Drg will be much more appreciated now. :)
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I went out and did a SA+Wheeling Thrust on an ochu in rollanberry fields, this is a Too Weak but Wheeling Thrust gives pretty constant damage on all enemies of varying difficulty pretty much.

I hit for 712 which I guess isn't bad, I believe it would land 400-600 normally but I also forgot to switch to STR gear, so more testing to be done :D
Nhiha
Tomcat

Post by Nhiha »

wow this sounds like a impressive new 2hr
Tangrax
Tomcat

Post by Tangrax »

Does your wyvern get beat real bad at lower levels? I'm finally gonna go level mine now with the new 2hr, i didnt want to wait around if it kept dying :P
[img]http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/2261/13377ov.jpg[/img]
--------------------------------
50THF-24NIN-15MNK-13WAR-1WHM-1RDM-1BLM-10DRK-8DRG-1BST
AF1[X]AF2[ ]AF3[ ]AF4[ ]AF5[ ]
[color=green]Dunesn00b: "ok my provoke macro is done"[/color]
[color=red]<Everyone dies>[/color]
[color=green]Dunesn00b: "lol my macro didn't work"[/color]
[color=green]Leader: "I hate you."[/color]
Nhiha
Tomcat

Post by Nhiha »

no its doesnt get beat to much at lower lvl as long as you keep hate, but that is irrelavent now as we do have our new 2hr
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

At 72 Spirit Surge gives me a +15 STR boost which is pretty nice :D
You have to be careful with it as it doesn't reset the Call Wyvern timer although being without wyvern for 20mins isn't so bad anyways.

Hehe I remember when I first started with DRG, I thought I could kill anything with my little buddy and tried a T at lv1, Azure died ; ; and I barely survived but was forced to level without my cuddly companion.

You do hit a fair bit harder than your cuddly little friend but he/she hits almost twice as fast as you and they have good accuracy, so if you finding yourself missing a fair bit they'll probably pull hate. Also DRG/mage can probably get you up to 30 these days, definately up to 20 and past the dunes.

Oh I almost forgot. Aswell as getting your wyvern's STR and HP you also get his/her TP. Can have a lot of fun with this :D Get wyvern's TP up to 100%+, if you have a non-mage sub this is what you do:
Unengage -> Engage -> WS before swing at mob -> Spirit Surge -> WS again -> SC :D
Pretty nifty, if you have mage sub then can not bother with unengaging. I tried this on helm beetles, Penta Thrust -> Skewer -> Transfixiation :D
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Ok, so last night I got my Exoray Mold. (Yay me) And I had a chance to use my 2hr on a T rated monster.....damage, not particularly much better. Over all, I'd have to say our 2hr isn't terribly powerful, but it's certainly much better then what we had before.

Nothing.

Also, 20 minute {Call Wyvern} is AWESOME!!! :o :D

Yarg, never again shall I be bereft of my Wyvern. All hail the Dragon Knights of San d'Oria! 8)

Also, before this, the only major problem I've ever had with keeping my Wyvern alive was with AoE mobs in Valkurm. Worms in Qufim weren't a huge problem, neither were the crabs. Next were fish which weren't dangerous at all, and after that I had {Spirit Link}.

I guess a question I have for everyone now is this....now that {Call Wyvern} is 20 min instead of 2hr, how much differently will you be healing your Wyvern? Personally, I'll try to keep him alive as much as I can. 20 minutes or now, I -don't- want to see Soleil dissapear, for any reason. Also, Chocobos no longer scare me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Yet another effect of the 2hr I didn't notice before. When used, your Wyvern's TP is added to your own. With a Mage SJ, this means it's possible to self SC using your WS. Or at least get a free crapload of TP.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Eviticus wrote:Yet another effect of the 2hr I didn't notice before. When used, your Wyvern's TP is added to your own. With a Mage SJ, this means it's possible to self SC using your WS. Or at least get a free crapload of TP.
Read my post! I already covered that :P
Holydragoon
Big Cat

Post by Holydragoon »

I cant wait to get home and test this :)
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Also, who the hell voted no? Ye treacherous bastards! :evil:
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Trechery? No, not even close. I was near to voting 'no' myself. Look at it this way, the original question asked if this will help how others look at us. The question wasn't anything about the class, just our image. Those who vote no probably believe that others are too idiotic to not realize this update helps us immensely.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kailea
Mad Cat

Post by Kailea »

yes ask Kat, with my 2 hour at level 58 I was able to solo (with a cure there and here from Kat) solo the WHM AF1 mob
Cecil-FFIV: I'm just a knight with no courage to disobey his Majesty.....
Kain-FFIV: I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.....
Kateevia
Housecat

Post by Kateevia »

Yes Kailea totally owned Marchelute in the dunes. I had rode in along side him after hearing that somebody popped the shadow and set him free in Valkurm for a mass MPK of the entire map damn near, lol. I was intending on raising the dead and grabbing a coulpe of good screen shots of the carnage when suddenly Kailea attacks the poor guy. I had a Lvl 75MNK solo this fight when I got my AF hammer and I wasnt sure a 58DRG could do it, so I quickly partied up with him, threw some Haste at him and watched him go. He 2hr (Sweet) and poor marchelute gave it his all, but never stood a chance. It's DRG's like Kailea that give you all a good name, and from what I could see, the new 2hr was pretty damn useful, in that situation at least.

Kailea and Kateevia save the Dunes!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D
WHM60/BLM30/WAR30/RNG26/DRK22/RDM20
MNK20/NIN15/THF10/BRD4/SMN1/SAM1/BST1
Cooking 30, Clothcraft 9, Fishing 4
Here I am in all my Mithran glory....
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?103736
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Untill it saves my ass in a pt or makes me a shining example of what a true damage dealing class should look like, I'm not gonna be too crazy over our new two hour. It gives alot of little -eh- bonuses except for the sadly short Str boost. Other classes have more solid and specific 2hr's.

Frankly, it's the skill of the player behind the two-hour that defines our power.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

They weren't gonna make it omgwtfbbq super amazing leet! Is there a 2hr that is super awesome? No. It can be a life saver for the whm or blm, more then that it's a hellalot of fun!
So new 2hr not so great but 20min Call Wyvern, that's what the update was all about!
angelstar107
Tomcat

Spirit Surge

Post by angelstar107 »

ok. I haven't read through all 6 pages of this forum topic, but I think it's safe to say no one really understands what Spirit Surge does.

Spirit Surge is a 2hr ability only usable when the Wyvern is out. From it, the Drg gains a Str Bonus based on an average of the wyvern's and the Drg's. For me, at lvl 62, I get Str +12.

Further, roughly 20% of the wyvern's HP is returned to the drg as a heal. Yes, you heard me, healing. Even more further, the drg recieves a minor haste (2-3%), and a minor acc enhancement (2-3%), along with the jump effects.

Just for kicks, I just wanted to point out that you do gain TP, which just happens to be the Wyvern's TP at that time. What this means is, with effective timing (and I have pulled this off), a Drg can preform a SINGLE solo skillchain, but it is very tricky.

To day, this is the most complex 2hr ability in FFXI.

To sum it up...

Str Bonus
Minor Acc Bonus
Minor Healing
Minor Haste
Jump effects
Wyvern TP to Drg

Talk about a mouth full x.x;;
Mnk 75, Drg 75, Sam 75, Blu 74, War 50, Thf 41, Dnc 58, Nin 37, Whm 42, Rdm 46, Pup 41, Rng 63, Bst 19, Pld 4, Drk 26, Smn 3, Sch 7

[23:41] Starlight: Markov, why are bikini's getting smaller and smaller?
[23:41] MarkovBot: Because you are going to work.

Ninetails Pride! ^.~ Kittens are cool too...
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I wasn't aware of the Haste but it probably isn't noticable anyways.

The TP thing makes it funga +1, I've done a solo transfixiation with it, once I get Impulse Drive I can do Gravitation :D
At 72 I get +15 STR :)