Remora prices...

A place to talk about... anything!
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Naru Fugihara wrote:The game would be so much more fun if all the gilsellers would leave.
Oh yes. Oh yes indeed.
Naru Fugihara wrote:This is comming from a main WHM so you'll mainly see me camping NMs that I'm fairly sure that I can take but a couple of them are highly camped by gilsellers (which unlike me are armed with Provoke or some other fast way of grabbing mob hate).
Naru Fugihara's signature wrote:Job lvls: 18 WAR, 28 MNK, 35 WHM, 20 BLM, 6 BRD, 5 SMN, 25 DRG (Lumiere: Light), 12 NIN, 7 THF
Naru, you CAN go hunting as WHM/WAR. This isn't an EXP party after all. And don't you get a defense boost from /WAR at that level? In any case, do it /anon so the gillsellers will think you STILL can't beat them to the claim.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Naru Fugihara
Big Cat

Post by Naru Fugihara »

I've never tried running around as a WHM/WAR cause I lose my magic ATK/DEF/MP boots from subbing BLM. Though next time I decide to go camping I'll be sure to try that. Plus I see what you're talking about with Anon but when I'm not in a pt and mainning WHM I always have it on to keep from getting pt invites.

One thing that happened a couple of months ago with Penumbra. We were in giddeus harvesting together. First we were going through the left side of the map, but we weren't having a good run through there so we go around and take the path to the other harvesting points that takes us past Hoo's pop spot. I was running as my WHM/BLM (lvl 30 then) and Penumbra was running as her THF (if we decided to kill the bees for the chips or IF we saw an NM pop and could catch it). Well there was a guy sitting up there near the pop spot and he suddenly sent me a tell saying "STP" (knowing he ment to say "STOP") then he checked me and didn't say anything else. He then checked Penumbra and started saying stuff like "STOP, GO AWAY, HE'S MINE, DON'T YOU DARE" and other things just like that. We promptly blisted him and continued on our way and continued harvesting on the right side of Giddeus. Well I head back to the left to see if the points were giving anything good yet and I pass by the Hoo spot and see that someone else has him and I laughed telling Penumbra.

You can tell that both of those ppl (the @$$ and the one who got Hoo) were playing solo. In mho I say serves him right for being suck a dick.
"Mithras make every job look sexy"

Name:Narufugihara
Job lvls: 18 WAR, 28 MNK, 37 WHM, 20 BLM, 6 BRD, 8 SMN, 25 DRG (Lumiere: [i]Light[/i]), 12 NIN, 7 THF

Crafts: GS-3, FISH-12, COOK-7, CC-1, WW-3
Swimsuit: Top +1 [X] Bottom +1 [X]

Mules: Narunarusagawa (all my mules are gonna start with Naru >^_^<)

NPC Friend: Yoli Kohlpaka

Jobs I plan to take to AF lvl: WHM, DRG
Losfuin
Feral Cat

Post by Losfuin »

Naru Fugihara wrote:He then checked Penumbra and started saying stuff like "STOP, GO AWAY, HE'S MINE, DON'T YOU DARE" and other things just like that.
Haha, did he expect that to work? NM camping is arguably *the* best competitive aspect to the game. If I was camping a mob and someone sent me a tell like that, I'd be all the more determined to claim it before they did... and if I wasn't camping before, then my cruel side might have me decide to start :twisted:
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I don't camp NMs, I have bad luck with claims and worse luck with drops so it's just a bigass waste of time for me.

Valkyre Mask is an NM drop, Walkure is a BCNM.

WHM has fast cast spells such as Dia and Flash, almost instant. I used to mine with BLM sub so I could Warp out afterwards but increase of miners to Oldton made me switch it to THF for Flee, just have to run around with a scroll or warp cudgel. I get the feeling the sellers have moved from Gusgen to Oldton >.>

Damn uber cheap gillies, must say I am very tempted :( 1mil short of my barone corazza :(
Crispleaf
Housecat

Post by Crispleaf »

It was pretty depressing for me to see gil sellers finally upgrading to Chains and taking over Oldton. It was one of the few ways left to make money without those guys camping every spot. :(

Actually, on Alexander, there are absolutely no NMs worth fighting that aren't camped 24/7 by teams of gil sellers. If it weren't for places like sky (and some gil sellers are trying their hand at that now too) and sea, you couldn't earn any items except through them. And they're not afraid to MPK if you do manage to claim something of "theirs."

The good thing is, the things that are worth having are usually rare/ex or can be obtained in ENMs or BCNMs. I've managed not to be held back by these goons.
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~crispl3af/level.JPG[/img]
Bastok Rank 8-1, Windurst Rank 10
Rise of Zilart Completed
Chains of Promathia Completed
Treasures of Aht Urghan Rank 2
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

So... is it safe to say the gilsellers own all worthwhile NMs and that our only methods of obtaining the items we desire is through them?

I couldn't bring myself to spend more time than I have camping some NM for an item, even the R/EX ones like Bounding Boots or Empress Hairpin. Because... people still camp them.
Losfuin
Feral Cat

Post by Losfuin »

Crispleaf wrote:If it weren't for places like sky (and some gil sellers are trying their hand at that now too) and sea, you couldn't earn any items except through them.
I'm told that gil-sellers on Phoenix are in Sky :x
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

I checked prices on some crystals tonight here on Remora, here they are;

Fire - 9k a stack
Wind - 6k a stack
Water - 2.5k a stack
Earth - 2k a stack
Dark - 10k a stack
Light - 9k a stack
Ice - 2k a stack

Here's some food facts here on Remora;

Meat Mithkabobs - 9-10k a stack
Squid Sushi - 20-25k a stack

And my personal fav....

Sole Sushi 65-70k :x
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

I called a GM on a gilseller in Oldton, I'm almost certain he's a gilseller since he shows every sign of one.

1) bad and limited English
2) anon with no LS
3) In Oldton 24/7
4) drops prices for quicker sales

GM was quite nice, asked me if I had talked to the gilseller at all and I had done, gilseller denied selling gil and couldn't answer why he's in Oldton all the time. GM said he'd investigate this monopolysing and that was last I heard.

Luckily for me the gilseller is stupid and only goes to 3 out of the 9 spawn points, also doesn't have Flee hehe.

As for the price of mining materials;

Darksteel - 30-34K
Gold - 27-30K
Moblin Mail - 10-11K
Moblin Helm - 9-10K
Moblin Mask - 1-2K

Considering how frequent moblin stuff is in Oldton it's quite possible that this can be more profitable than mining in gusgen, change to get Gold, DS or Plat (50K?) is less than getting in gusgen but getting 10K drops fairly frequently makes up for it.
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Thing about mining in certain parts of Movopolas is that you have to be like 65+ to avoid agroing in certain areas, which means we have high lvl gil sellers there, which is just a pain in the ass. :evil:
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Not that high, I must have been mining at 59 first time. The harder stuff are EP but don't agro from what I remember, plus they're not next to the mining points so it doesn't matter :)

Gusgan needs what 55ish? to get around every part of it without agro, not all that much difference.

Ifrit's will get agro at 75, only the brave dare to mine there :P I hear the grotto is full of gilsellers too, I've never really mined there myself.
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

I'm level 50 and nothing in Gusgen will aggro.....except for when I rest....The Feu Follet, the more powerful bombs, rate a whpping EP and are the only things that does. 12 exp's, they don't aggro me though.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

LS member was browsing AH tonight, said Hauberk was up to 8.5mill and Vermys up to 12mill I think he said. Which is just sad because I had my Hauby made for 3mill not a month ago...

On a better note *insert sarcasm here* sole sushi is down to 56k a stack now :roll:
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Luckily for you the hauby is worth more than the hauberk, when you get to 69 sell the hauby and should have enough moneys left over for the hauberk :)
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Remora prices...

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо