HNMLS Drama on Midgard

A place to talk about... anything!
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Classic,

This is why I refuse to be in any guild that does not use DKP...Eliminates bs like this. :lol:
Rohenda
Kitten

Post by Rohenda »

Hehe thats better than when they called for help on tiamat
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

pv has no clue about how to play fair. Karma bites them in the ass. {/cheer}
[FFX|V] Mystiana Rulean >> BLM iL94 - DRG iL91 - SMN iL93 - SCH iL77
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1463791/
[FFXI] Mystiana@Shiva >> 99 DNC DRG SMN [currently retired]
90+ WAR BLM WHM BST BRD SCH :: 494 Merit Points
Rank 10 for all nations :: Craft: [Cooking: 54][Fishing: 50]
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: @PV

i can say i laughed for hours after that.
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

That is fucking hilarious. Geez...I hope not all HNMLS are like that, cuz that's gonna seriously ruin the idea of hitting 75 for fun stuff like those fights. XD
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Nekiu
Big Cat

Post by Nekiu »

What does DKP mean?
[img]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5814/mithrafishing2pc.jpg[/img]
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Most HNM LS's get at least some form of drama as well as greedy members in them eventually, its how most HNM ls's fall apart or split up. Quite common in this game as is in real life. One word, GREED. :roll:
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Ambrey wrote:Most HNM LS's get at least some form of drama as well as greedy members in them eventually, its how most HNM ls's fall apart or split up. Quite common in this game as is in real life. One word, GREED. :roll:
Yeah... there is more to FFXI then Ph4t L3wt or levels. If it wasn't for the community on Phoenix I would have quit long ago heh. MP Phoenix is why I play FFXI.
Losfuin
Feral Cat

Post by Losfuin »

Whoever pointed out that they came across as a bunch of n00bs is right. It's almost like they had an alliance made up of 14 year-olds who'd all just been dumped by their first boy/girlfriend >.>

A funny read, it must be said.
This is why I refuse to be in any guild that does not use DKP
DKP? Maybe it's because I'm tired, but I can't place what that means.
Sabre
Kitten

Post by Sabre »

Nekiu wrote:What does DKP mean?
Dragon Kill Points
Became a main stream during Everquest. It follows a suit that people attending HNM hunts gain points for being there/killing/etc and you "buy" Rare Drops with points you have accumilated. Some items have a standard set point, some are quick silent bid. So you can say "Get 2 points to camp Chary" and then make a Joyuese worth like 5 points. Those interested /random and winner gets item and loses 5 points from their total.
Sabre
Homeland: Windurst Rank 10
Notable Jobs: 75 WHM, 75 BRD, 75 RDM, 61 PLD, 56 BST, 40 BLM, 38 WAR, 37 SMN
Nekiu
Big Cat

Post by Nekiu »

thank you =3
[img]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5814/mithrafishing2pc.jpg[/img]
Jae
Tomcat

Post by Jae »

nyahahah~ nice stuff ^^
wow that was really some drama/arguements

our hnmls banned all the greedy bastards ^^
the momemt person says.. its not fair.. "Good Bye"
Yukira
Feral Cat

Post by Yukira »

Yeah, really seems like a bunch of 14-year olds...just look at their language...just plain pathetic! :lol:
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Sabre wrote:
Nekiu wrote:What does DKP mean?
Dragon Kill Points
Became a main stream during Everquest. It follows a suit that people attending HNM hunts gain points for being there/killing/etc and you "buy" Rare Drops with points you have accumilated. Some items have a standard set point, some are quick silent bid. So you can say "Get 2 points to camp Chary" and then make a Joyuese worth like 5 points. Those interested /random and winner gets item and loses 5 points from their total.
Mostly, except minus the random part. Whoever has the most points gets the item, if points are a tie then most defer to whoever has the most active raid attendence. New items with no previously set value usually go auction style where members send in bids of how many points they deem the item is worth. That value will help determine its estabilished value on later raids.
Tangrax
Tomcat

Post by Tangrax »

lol, look at all the nerds getting angry :P
Theres one guy in there who doesn't seem to be bothered at all though
oh well, game goes on
No one listens to him though :lol:
[img]http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/2261/13377ov.jpg[/img]
--------------------------------
50THF-24NIN-15MNK-13WAR-1WHM-1RDM-1BLM-10DRK-8DRG-1BST
AF1[X]AF2[ ]AF3[ ]AF4[ ]AF5[ ]
[color=green]Dunesn00b: "ok my provoke macro is done"[/color]
[color=red]<Everyone dies>[/color]
[color=green]Dunesn00b: "lol my macro didn't work"[/color]
[color=green]Leader: "I hate you."[/color]
Kateevia
Housecat

Post by Kateevia »

OMFG I can't wait to hit 65+ so I can join a HNML. It's gonna be so much big fun getting to actually watch drama like that unfold right before my eyes. Hopefully I'll get some sweet drops along the way too, lol.
WHM60/BLM30/WAR30/RNG26/DRK22/RDM20
MNK20/NIN15/THF10/BRD4/SMN1/SAM1/BST1
Cooking 30, Clothcraft 9, Fishing 4
Here I am in all my Mithran glory....
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?103736
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Depends. Most HNM ls's require a minimum of lvl 65 for mages and 70-75+ for melee jobs. Sometimes they wont even take you unless a certain job is needed in the ls. Almost all require you have all your sub jobs lvled for your main job as well. Others may require sky/sea access etc. Every HNM ls is different with their requirements and what they expect out of you. :P
Kateevia
Housecat

Post by Kateevia »

With me being a WHM I've been told I need to be 65+ to get in and have sky and sea access. I havent heard anything about multiple subs tho. I might need to check on that. Im 50WHM/25BLM and I dont really use anything else to sub my WHM, I hope I dont need to, lol. I have SMN and BRD unlocked and RDM slightly level'd but I dont feel like leveling them, lol.
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Kateevia wrote:With me being a WHM I've been told I need to be 65+ to get in and have sky and sea access. I havent heard anything about multiple subs tho. I might need to check on that. Im 50WHM/25BLM and I dont really use anything else to sub my WHM, I hope I dont need to, lol. I have SMN and BRD unlocked and RDM slightly level'd but I dont feel like leveling them, lol.
Most whm's ive seen use smn as sj, more mp. I dunno about ur HNM preference but you might want to check with them if you intend on joining them. :)
Kateevia
Housecat

Post by Kateevia »

Damn it. I knew you were gonna say SMN. Curses!

*Changes jobs to SMN and slowly makes her way to the dunes*
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

My LS had an HNM LS for all the 60+ members, didn't last long but we managed to do a few HNMs in the time. We only had one drama which I wasn't there at, someone "accidentally" called for help on Roc >.> but at least the gilsellers didn't get it.

This kind of crap makes me not want to do HNMs, I wanna do Sky and Dynamis but HNMs aren't worth all the hassle. I just need to find an HNM LS that does dynamis in UK-friendly times >.>
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Ambrey wrote:
Kateevia wrote:With me being a WHM I've been told I need to be 65+ to get in and have sky and sea access. I havent heard anything about multiple subs tho. I might need to check on that. Im 50WHM/25BLM and I dont really use anything else to sub my WHM, I hope I dont need to, lol. I have SMN and BRD unlocked and RDM slightly level'd but I dont feel like leveling them, lol.
Most whm's ive seen use smn as sj, more mp. I dunno about ur HNM preference but you might want to check with them if you intend on joining them. :)
There is a debate on some forums about the MPs used with /BLM and conserve MPs vs. MPs gained by /SMN and auto refresh. Then again, /SMN has the ever so handy Blinkga.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Sugami wrote:My LS had an HNM LS for all the 60+ members, didn't last long but we managed to do a few HNMs in the time. We only had one drama which I wasn't there at, someone "accidentally" called for help on Roc >.> but at least the gilsellers didn't get it.

This kind of crap makes me not want to do HNMs, I wanna do Sky and Dynamis but HNMs aren't worth all the hassle. I just need to find an HNM LS that does dynamis in UK-friendly times >.>
One sure fire way to piss off any HNM/GOD ls is to claim the HNM/GOD only to find out you cant handle it and call for help. Never do that! Because it ruins the chance for any drops for anyone. Best thing to do when your losing bad and can't take it, disengage till its open for grabs again. Better to know when to admit defeat than to be a bastard that calls for help and ruins it for everyone. 8)
Sugami
Anime cat

Post by Sugami »

Like I said it was supposedly an accident, but I'd rather have them call for help than the gilsellers getting it.
Crispleaf
Housecat

Post by Crispleaf »

Ambrey wrote:
Subjob isn't that important as long as its leveled. Though summoner is often prefered for more mp and auto-refresh, black mage is fine.

Once you reach level 70 and get Raise 3, that's all anyone cares about from white mages.
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~crispl3af/level.JPG[/img]
Bastok Rank 8-1, Windurst Rank 10
Rise of Zilart Completed
Chains of Promathia Completed
Treasures of Aht Urghan Rank 2
Kateevia
Housecat

Post by Kateevia »

KK, I'll still try to level them all any way so I'll be more marketable :D

I was on the phone with a friend in a HNMLS once while they were fighting Byakko and somebody called for help. I've never heard so much despair in a persons silent gasp, lol. It was classic. I thought maybe his mother had just gotten shot. You'll never catch this kitty calling for help so the rest of the LS can hate me forever. I dont want people saying, "You almost pulled a Kateevia." LMAO 8)
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

as a whm, it depends really. either /blm or /smn depending on the situation. i have both, and can honestly say the difference @ 75 is like 3 mind and 40 MP. there also is the auto-refresh vs conserve MP dibate. from playing, its come down to this. auto-refresh = better when your not casting alot of spells in rapid sucession. concerve MP = better when your casting spells in rapid sucession. i think the mathmatical formula was something like if your spending more than 3MP per second adverage than concerve MP is better, its in an old alla post somewhere that youl have to dig up if intrested >.>;
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: HNMLS Drama on Midgard

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: HNMLS Drama on Midgard

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо