The New FFXI Expansion Will Suck

A place to talk about... anything!
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

JediKitsune wrote: people can also now use an 'auto-translate hack' that basically lets them put whatever they want into auto-translate brackets.
That serious O.o;

I don't like those hack thingies so I didn't know about that >.>
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

JediKitsune wrote:people can also now use an 'auto-translate hack' that basically lets them put whatever they want into auto-translate brackets.
LieK zomg gimme links to that k plz!! :o
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

KarouKaniyashia wrote:THe Majority of people who said CoP sucked, are either still stuck on promy's, or wanted something they could walk through and finish on a weekend. The Point of CoP was to provide challenge to the players, something most dont get, and if you seriously believe half the sh*t on KI ..... Trust me, When i discovered them a while back i found they were mostly morons O.O

I'm way past the Promy's, I have done many things in the CoP areas and seen much of the storyline, it sucks. FFXI is growing very old, very quick. WoW is begining to catch more player's eyes everday.

I have very little faith in SE's new expansion for FFXI, and I been playing since Oct of the NA release. Not to mention SE's poor control over gil sellers, botters, outrageous prices in the economy, monopoliztion (sp) of NM's and what not. Have you even looked at your POL messages lately? For like the last 2 weeks there is nothing but login recovery's, DDOS attacks, server maitnences, world recoverys ect.

I myself don't think I will waste my time, or money for that matter in getting the new expansion. I am not even sure how much longer I will be in FFXI....
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Speaking of FFXI problems, I just got home and tried to login to FFXI and to my surprise (insert sarcasim here) I can't even log into POL due to a POL error code - POL - 0011, so I waited awhile and tried again, this time it said POL - 1160. Great job SE... :x
Kotomo
Tomcat

Post by Kotomo »

Ambrey wrote:Speaking of FFXI problems, I just got home and tried to login to FFXI and to my surprise (insert sarcasim here) I can't even log into POL due to a POL error code - POL - 0011, so I waited awhile and tried again, this time it said POL - 1160. Great job SE... :x
Your not the only one. I've been having problems too. I heard that Comcast, my ISP =/, was having problems between their subscribers and POL servers. So either it's that or just something up with POL.
[img]http://kotomo.is-a-geek.org/pics/kotomo_signature2.jpg[/img]
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/jackrabbit62][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/os/type/2/jackrabbit62.png[/img][/url]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

They are.... *walks over to comcast with an axe and blowtorch, "Excuse me" then returns a bloody mess.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Karou... damn girl go get laid! lol I swear your almost too aggressive sometimes, must be all that built up sexual frustration. :lol: j/k Karou, ur cute :P hehe
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

no one in this house can calm down, we've had constant service drops in this area and we're sick of it, nothing else to go to however.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Chuk
Kitten

Post by Chuk »

I just would like to say one thing.

If you dont like what is going on in FFXI, then take your leave. But let the others that still enjoy it, enjoy it in peace.

Best wishes and happy trails to those who leave.

~Chuk
Wow a Hume on a Mithra forum. Who knew.

[img]http://www.realultimatepower.net/ninja/ninjaparty.jpg[/img]
This is me with a few of my friends. Im the one with a hood on.
Aony
Housecat

Post by Aony »

Kotomo wrote:
Ambrey wrote:Speaking of FFXI problems, I just got home and tried to login to FFXI and to my surprise (insert sarcasim here) I can't even log into POL due to a POL error code - POL - 0011, so I waited awhile and tried again, this time it said POL - 1160. Great job SE... :x
Your not the only one. I've been having problems too. I heard that Comcast, my ISP =/, was having problems between their subscribers and POL servers. So either it's that or just something up with POL.
Yeah, my dad works for comcast, so we know the heart of that problem. Comcast uses one DNS server. Most ISPs use tons of them, because if one goes down they can just switch to another for the time being and problem solved. But since we only have ONE, and the fact that FFXI is coming from us overseas, it can have serious problems. It makes it especially easy to DDoS comcast because of this. One server doesnt work, and you dont have a backup, so you're stuck having to wait until they fix it unitl you can get online. So even though my dad works there, unless I get some really good family discounts and sh*t, I'm probly gonna pick some other ISP when I grow up. Cuz even after FFXI, this is just gonna happen with any other big MMORPG....
[url=http://www.imageshack.us][img]http://img100.echo.cx/img100/6779/sigaony7am.gif[/img][/url]

thf: 70 drg: 50 nin: 36 smn: 30 whm: 33 blm: 21 war: 25 drk: 13 sam: 10 brd: 9 mnk: 10 pld: 10 Blu: 8 cor: 11 pup: 5

All Thief AF obtained! :thumb:

http://img380.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wheresyourgod1sh.jpg
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Heh...well damn...guess that gives us the answer to the million dollar question as of here late. :oops:
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Camu
Big Cat

Post by Camu »

It will suck unless it adds male dancers. :love:
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

roflmao :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

I would prefer female dancers myself :P
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Chuk wrote:I just would like to say one thing.

If you dont like what is going on in FFXI, then take your leave. But let the others that still enjoy it, enjoy it in peace.

~Chuk
We love FFXI, we hate POL. Why do you offer someone the door?
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Eviticus wrote:

~Chuk
Because POL isn't the problem here, it is your ISP. If you want to complain don't "bitch" at SE. Complain to your ISP.
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Honeypot wrote:It will suck unless it adds male dancers. :love:
Galkan River dancers... ::shudders:: :|
Losfuin
Feral Cat

Post by Losfuin »

Prrsha wrote:Galkan River dancers... ::shudders:: :|
Prrsha's post put images in my mind and now I wish I was blind :(
Yugi
Mad Cat

Post by Yugi »

i feel sick just thinking about it.
[img]http://www.fairyland.to/BakaMemo/catgirls.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.fairyland.to/BakaMemo/riaa-kittens.jpg[/img]
Dogma
Kitten

Post by Dogma »

Prrsha wrote:
Eviticus wrote:

~Chuk
Because POL isn't the problem here, it is your ISP. If you want to complain don't "bitch" at SE. Complain to your ISP.
/sigh

SE has said it was thier fault. Get off your high horse Prrsha.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/list_mnt.shtml

Btw many of my friends who use different Isp's are being crippled on an almost daily basis. I wonder how you would react if it was you?
Ph3@r ma Slapaga IV n00b!!!!!!!!!!!!
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Dogma wrote:
Prrsha wrote:
Eviticus wrote: We love FFXI, we hate POL. Why do you offer someone the door?
/sigh

Btw many of my friends who use different Isp's are being crippled on an almost daily basis. I wonder how you would react if it was you?
High horse? Nope. I'm just following simple logic.

If others are able to log on to FFXI and you are not, it's not on SE's end. The problem has to do with your ISP or the routers inbetween your ISP and SE's servers.
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Or could it be other things? For instance, all traffic through a certain port could be corrupted? That way some will be able to play, and some can't. Besides, SE's own news reports of the issues involve phrases like "our servers"....that doesn't seem like an ISP thing to me. Unless your ISP is SE's login servers...
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.

Ambrey
Teh Sexeh

Post by Ambrey »

Prrsha wrote:
Dogma wrote:
Prrsha wrote: Because POL isn't the problem here, it is your ISP. If you want to complain don't "bitch" at SE. Complain to your ISP.
/sigh

High horse? Nope. I'm just following simple logic.

If others are able to log on to FFXI and you are not, it's not on SE's end. The problem has to do with your ISP or the routers inbetween your ISP and SE's servers.

My ISP isn't the problem. When I can mess around on the internet with no problem or log into any other of my online games EXCEPT FFXI/POL, then it is SE's problem.

Don't try to make me look like an idiot when I know alot more than you think I do about computers and servers. Like others have stated, SE has admitted it was their fault, take a good look at your POL messages for like the last 2 weeks, its full of nothing but server recovery/maitnence, world recovery, DDOS attacks and login problems. :x
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Eviticus wrote:Unless your ISP is SE's login servers...
Nah because if it was on their end, no one would be able to log in period, or at the very least that servers would experience some lag for all members. Currently I don't have any lag, nor connection problems. The problem is with the user's ISP or some problem in route to SE's server.
Dogma
Kitten

Post by Dogma »

Prrsha wrote:
Eviticus wrote:Unless your ISP is SE's login servers...
Nah because if it was on their end, no one would be able to log in period, or at the very least that servers would experience some lag for all members. Currently I don't have any lag, nor connection problems. The problem is with the user's ISP or some problem in route to SE's server.

Tracing route to 61.195.57.130 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 6 ms 6 ms 6 ms xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2 6 ms 6 ms 7 ms xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
3 8 ms 6 ms 6 ms xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
4 7 ms 6 ms 7 ms xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
5 8 ms 14 ms 7 ms xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
6 29 ms 31 ms 30 ms gbr1-p70.cb1ma.ip.att.net [12.123.40.98]
7 31 ms 31 ms 33 ms tbr2-p013501.cb1ma.ip.att.net [12.122.11.201]
8 32 ms 32 ms 30 ms tbr2-cl5.cgcil.ip.att.net [12.122.10.106]
9 29 ms 29 ms 29 ms gar1-p390.chail.ip.att.net [12.123.216.217]
10 30 ms 29 ms 29 ms 12.119.137.50
11 54 ms 40 ms 29 ms so-1-0-0.cr1.ord2.us.above.net [64.125.30.146]
12 81 ms 80 ms 81 ms so-3-1-0.mpr3.sjc2.us.above.net [64.125.30.209]
13 192 ms 194 ms 192 ms so-3-1-2.mpr1.nrt3.jp.above.net [64.125.27.53]
14 * * 207 ms router-squareenix.nrt3.above.net [209.249.200.22]
15 * * router-squareenix.nrt3.above.net [209.249.200.22] reports: Destination net unreachable.

notice how it stops right at SE?

It's like talking to a brick wall some times.....
Ph3@r ma Slapaga IV n00b!!!!!!!!!!!!
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Then explain how 80% of the people have no problem connecting nya~?

The only thing that I can think of is that part of SE's attempt to stop the DDoS attacks is to deny a range of IPs and your IP happens to fall into that range. :/
Eviticus

Post by Eviticus »

Prrsha wrote:Then explain how 80% of the people have no problem connecting nya~?

The only thing that I can think of is that part of SE's attempt to stop the DDoS attacks is to deny a range of IPs and your IP happens to fall into that range. :/
.....except I already did? :?:
Or could it be other things? For instance, all traffic through a certain port could be corrupted? That way some will be able to play, and some can't.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Eviticus wrote:Or could it be other things? For instance, all traffic through a certain port could be corrupted? That way some will be able to play, and some can't.
Unlikely because if that was the case, reconnecting would allow you to connect to the server.

As for your other OL games... they are not based in Japan most likely. If a router is under attack somewhere between you and SE, that would cause login problems.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

You DO realize Comcast Cable Internet services have different Hub Stations and service center's through out their entire network. The one here in the Chicagoland area is constantly f-ed up. THey have too many problems and are always being hacked and attacked. But thats my part of Comcast's network.
Camu
Big Cat

Post by Camu »

A galka and female taru dancing together in valkurm for money. :o