MUST SEE: King Simurgh chaos

A place to talk about... anything!
luna_panshiel
Kitten

MUST SEE: King Simurgh chaos

Post by luna_panshiel »

this is a link to a topic already posted on allakahzam, i'm placing a link to it here for others to see

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?f ... 2895&num=4

click the link at the top post and follow the instuctions, it's a big download but WELL worth it
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

LMAO! Nothing like seeing hundreds of people getting killed by their own greed because they lack the restraint to wait until the NM's HP bar resets.

If I was a GM I would set up a camp there and roast marshmellows all day laughing at the comical blundering keystone cop players. The poetic irony of this is that players were whining and complaining about how people would kite the mob for hours into "NA" or "JP" timezones, acting like they own the rights to it. Now drama comes full circle as they get what they wanted but maybe not in the manner they wanted it, lol.

Thumbs up to SE.
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

Yeah, it's really funny until it happens to you, huh.

Simurgh owned +1 because they got claim with a small group, before the gilsellers did. As more people came, Simurgh becamse stronger. In a short time it was hitting for 500-600% more than it was when it was pulled. Eventually the alliance wiped, the HNM went unclaimed, and the STR reset. The gilsellers took it and got the 20m+ boots.

Yeah, that's really fucking funny. :x
[FFX|V] Mystiana Rulean >> BLM iL94 - DRG iL91 - SMN iL93 - SCH iL77
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1463791/
[FFXI] Mystiana@Shiva >> 99 DNC DRG SMN [currently retired]
90+ WAR BLM WHM BST BRD SCH :: 494 Merit Points
Rank 10 for all nations :: Craft: [Cooking: 54][Fishing: 50]
Jae
Tomcat

Post by Jae »

hmm never thought it was in HNM category but;;; camped after the patch.
it wasnt all that hard. but it did gained the strength... enough player or skilled player wont have problem. still 4 players beatable.
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

We didn't know it would grow that fast. We stalled waiting for more people to show, which was our mistake. We also didn't have a nin tanking until the end of it. Oh well.
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

All I can say is that you better be ready to fight the NM when it pops. Meaning all members there, present and accounted for. The hillarity of the film doesn't come from the fact that the monster was so powerful... it was funny due to the fact everyone was too greedy to let the HNMs HP bar reset.

You knew that the HNM got powerful over time, you really had no business engaging it until everyone was there and ready to fight it.
Dogma
Kitten

Post by Dogma »

Prrsha wrote:
You knew that the HNM got powerful over time, you really had no business engaging it until everyone was there and ready to fight it.
The kitty is right for once :D

You be amazed at what greed dose to players

I thought it was funny as hell :P
Ph3@r ma Slapaga IV n00b!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gospel
Tomcat

Post by Gospel »

downloading now. but 20m boots!!! *drool* i could use 20m gil. god ive never even had over 250k...
More barabric than Heaven.

There can be only one.

White Mage - AF1-[:2thumb:] AF2-[:2thumb:] AF3-[:2thumb:] AF4-[:2thumb:] AF5-[:2thumb:] AF6-[:2thumb:]
The relic hunt begins soon!!!
AFv2-1 (Mjollnir) [:(] - AFv2-2 (Cleric's Duckbills) [:(] - AFv2-3 (Cleric's Cap) [:(] - AFv2-4 (Cleric's Pantaloons) [:(] - AFv2-5 (Cleric's Briault) [:2thumb:] - AFv2-6 (Cleric's Mitts) [:2thumb:]

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style1,Gospel.png[/img][/url]
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

Prrsha wrote:All I can say is that you better be ready to fight the NM when it pops. Meaning all members there, present and accounted for. The hillarity of the film doesn't come from the fact that the monster was so powerful... it was funny due to the fact everyone was too greedy to let the HNMs HP bar reset.

It doesn't reset at HP bar. THe second it goes unclaimed it resets. If you're going to be snotty, get your facts straight. I'm sure the video doesn't show the masses waiting to steal it as soon as it goes unclaimed. Since they don't have to deal with the stronger version, it's easy picking.
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Firemyst wrote:
Prrsha wrote:All I can say is that you better be ready to fight the NM when it pops. Meaning all members there, present and accounted for. The hillarity of the film doesn't come from the fact that the monster was so powerful... it was funny due to the fact everyone was too greedy to let the HNMs HP bar reset.

It doesn't reset at HP bar. THe second it goes unclaimed it resets. If you're going to be snotty, get your facts straight. I'm sure the video doesn't show the masses waiting to steal it as soon as it goes unclaimed. Since they don't have to deal with the stronger version, it's easy picking.
Nah it was unclaimed several times in the video by different alliances. The HP bar has to reset for its strength to reset. And I wasn't trying to be snotty. If it sounded as such, my appologies.
Jae
Tomcat

Post by Jae »

I wouldnt say its greedy-ness but I would say ppl were not patient enough to get it unclaimed. ppl were still getting aggroed by staring & waiting for its to unclaim. this NM pops once a day... ppl use their time not to waste.. if possible or to get chance to get this nm.. which spawns once a day.. then i wouldnt say its greedy-ness.

ppl were just impatient... honestly.. -_-; after dieing so many times.. still looking @ nm.. trying to get nm... i think it was pretty dumb.
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

I thought it was rather funny to see.
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Baketsu wrote:I thought it was rather funny to see.
I was almost like a line of people lining up to touch a hot stove with their bare hands.
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

Prrsha wrote:Nah it was unclaimed several times in the video by different alliances. The HP bar has to reset for its strength to reset. And I wasn't trying to be snotty. If it sounded as such, my appologies.
I admit I didn't watch the video, but as soon as our LS lost Sim, the stats reset and the gs killed it easy. It definately didn't regain all its HP. I don't know why this wasn't the case with the one on Fairy.

Apology accepted. Thanks.
kittykitty
Kitten

Post by kittykitty »

OMFG I was logged onto abob at that time(my brothers char)...it was great, the carnage was fantastic. It was too bad that the gilsellers were so damed organized, as soon as they reaized it was impossible to tank with anything that took damage they pulled out 5 ninjas and owned the thing like it was nothing. I hope that was just a fluke or else they will get more HNM's
Master Thief in training: level 57
Goldsmithing = 28 a beautiful work in progress
I can fly!
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: MUST SEE: King Simurgh chaos

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: MUST SEE: King Simurgh chaos

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо