Television Entertainment Has Made A New Record Highlight!

A place to talk about... anything!
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Television Entertainment Has Made A New Record Highlight!

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Taken from www.wwe.com
RAW’s record-breaking night
August 2, 2005

Last night Mr. McMahon thanked himself for making RAW No. 1. Various news sources have also weighed in:

NY POST
“…World Wrestling Entertainment has made some TV history of its own….”

CABLEFAX
"In less than 13 years WWE has smoked "Gunsmoke"'

THE MIAMI HERALD
"With a production schedule that calls for 52 original episodes a year, RAW surpassed the mark set by Gunsmoke…

Following RAW and Gunsmoke, other Top 10 for producing the most original episodes are Lassie, Ozzie and Harriet, Bonanza, Dallas, The Simpsons and Law and Order."

MEDIA GENERAL NEWS SERVICE
"RAW celebrates original espisode No. 636 on Aug. 1, surpassing the previous record holder, Gunsmoke, which produced 635 episodes during its 20 year run on television."
fan or not, Congratulations WWE, INC for setting a brand new record on Television. And they said TV Ruins your brains :P
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Tifachan
Kitten

Post by Tifachan »

Woot! Go WWE! :P
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v117/Xenoheart/drkkaori.jpg[/img]
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

... Not a fan of Wrestling, but congrats and credit where it is due.
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Come come. The nightly news produces a reality baised enterainment show EVERY NIGHT.

It takes far more talent to spin reality into fantasy each night than to put out a wrestling show once a week.

Oh... is my cynicysim showing? :oops:
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

:lol: true true, but the news isnt a 8-10 central time slot ;)
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Tailfeather
Housecat

Post by Tailfeather »

i still miss the old WWF ; ; SMACKDOWN!! hohaa!!
Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

I watched wrestling some 15 plus odd years and being cynical I would have to say that it is more like a soap opera where they rehash characters and use the same storylines over and over. It might have changed but I stopped watching Raw & Smackdown awhile ago because it was same stuff I've seen before just different people. Occasionally Ill watch some Raw, but I'm not the avid fan I used to be. That and the fact that for some years Triple H was the champ and thats just plain annoying. I understand that every wrestler is due his time but, his time at the top is just overkill. I remember when Hunter Hearst Helmsley was the pee-on sidekick to Shawn Michaels. :twisted:
[color=blue][b][i]Don't let fear cloud your judgement, for it will hold you back from all of your dreams ;) [/i][/b][/color]
[img]http://www.drowtales.com/~hightreason/chibilaelia.gif[/img] [color=blue][size=200][i][b]Meeooww!!![/b][/i][/size][/color]

WHM - 61 | SMN - 32 | BLM - 21 | THF - 10 | NIN - 7 | BRD - 7 | BST - 7 | SAM - 5 | WAR - 5
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

I havent been into pro wrassling since Andre the Giant, Ricky the dragon steamboat, and before Randy Savage was crowned the Macho King.
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Tifachan
Kitten

Post by Tifachan »

I still watch it. Though it's not as entertaining as before. Raw/Smackdown has become more of a Talk Show than actual Wrestling. I'm still keeping a close eye on the Undertaker.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v117/Xenoheart/drkkaori.jpg[/img]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Quote From SmackDown Last Night:

"Here are your winners and still the WWE Tag Team Champions... Road Warrior Animal and Hiedenriech~"

ya Road Warrior Animal is a tag champ once more! And don't miss the 21st WWE SummerSlam.... Thats right the match you've all been waiting for, for the first time ever LEGEND VS ICON..... The Immortal Hulk Hogan versus The Icon, The Show Stopppa, THE HEART BREAK KID SHAWN MICEALS~

my money's on hogan ;)
Losfuin
Feral Cat

Post by Losfuin »

Cyndari wrote:I watched wrestling some 15 plus odd years and being cynical I would have to say that it is more like a soap opera where they rehash characters and use the same storylines over and over.
I think the best description of pro wrestling that I ever heard was that it's a soap opera for guys. That made me laugh.

I used to watch it as a kid, but lost my interest over time. I'll still see some occassionally, and be mildly entertained by it, but I can't get passionate over it any more. Maybe I'm just that bit too nostalgic for the likes of Macho Man Randy Savage. That and there's far too much talking.
I remember when Hunter Hearst Helmsley was the pee-on sidekick to Shawn Michaels. :twisted:
Ha ha, I remember when triple H started out. Didn't like him then, and I still don't :)
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Cyndari wrote:I watched wrestling some 15 plus odd years and being cynical I would have to say that it is more like a soap opera where they rehash characters and use the same storylines over and over. It might have changed but I stopped watching Raw & Smackdown awhile ago because it was same stuff I've seen before just different people....
Pro wrestling is a comic book, only on the air and with a wrestling ring.

This is not a bad thing. The bad thing is that it is not tightly scripted. Most of the plotline is improv around a scenairo. Most of the actors in wrestling are not up to improv, and Drew Cary is not up to wrestling.

If they would put even half as much work into the scripting as into the fight coreography, it could be a good comic book / soap opera.

A good friend is in training to become a pro wrestler. She is late 20s, 5' 10", solid frame, and cannot decide on a name/schtick. Latest idea involves a set of F cup solid silicon falsies and some varation on Jugernaut. She is also involved in the Roller Derby resurgence.

F cup solid silicon falsies :?: Sounds a bit like a pair of deadly weapons to me. :lol:
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Television Entertainment Has Made A New Record Highlight!

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Television Entertainment Has Made A New Record Highlight!

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting