Strange things

A place to talk about... anything!
Jaela
Tomcat

Strange things

Post by Jaela »

This conversation happened at 11:35PM EST time, a Haunt aggroed my in Kuftal Tunnel WHEN I HAD SNEAK ON and i died twice, i wanted to know why this has happened, and what i could do to fix it, this is what the numbnuts at square enix had to say to me:

TSR Eisbrecher > Hello, Thank you for contacting the PlayOnline Information Center. One moment please, while I read your question. Thank You!
TSR Eisbrecher > The update that occured on 7/14/05 was a pre-patch and should have no affect on gameplay, rather it was designed to allow the update on 7/18/05 quicker.
Jaela FFXI > Really?
Jaela FFXI > This has happened to me twice, and it seems very strange
Jaela FFXI > Non of my party members have had this happen, it has only been me @@
TSR Eisbrecher > Unfortunately the PlayOnline Information Center is unable to provide any assistance with gameplay or provide any hints on how monsters work, with regard to how monsters aggro and what they can do.
Jaela FFXI > I'm just trying to ask why this is happening, and how i can fix it >>;
TSR Eisbrecher > Unfortunately I cannot provide any information on how to assist you with your gameplay.
Jaela FFXI > Haunts in Kuftal Tunnel usually only aggro to sound, but on both these occasions they have aggroed when i had
Jaela FFXI > sneak on
Jaela FFXI > Im not asking for Gameplay assistance >>; Im asking what is happening, and why is it happening?
TSR Eisbrecher > You are requesting gameplay assistance and hints. We cannot provide any hints on how to not get aggro from any monsters.
Jaela FFXI > Look, i am requesting a fix, i want to know WHY this has happened
TSR Eisbrecher > I cannot tell you how not gain aggro from monsters as that is gameplay hints.
TSR Eisbrecher > Is there anything else I can help you with right now?
Jaela FFXI > No, thanks, youve helped me plenty. >>;

...Jackasses ><;;
Back to FFXI, Hades! Level 55 Thief! Glee!
[img]http://img293.echo.cx/img293/3043/jaela3ez.jpg[/img]
Rakshasa
Tomcat

Post by Rakshasa »

I've had that happen to me once. Same situation, in Kuftal with a haunt. You're not alone in that, but it hasn't happened to me since. All I did was examine it...
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/Furbewok/SigTemp.jpg[/img]

You can't stop the Rak. ^^
-Rakshasa
Kintrra
Queen Cat

Post by Kintrra »

Haunts are undead, yes? What was your HP like at the time? They (undead) aggro to low HP, no matter about Sneak and/or Invis. I've been aggro'd through a closed door because of HP. Trust me, not fun. >.<
OMFG! 8 75+!!!! :shock: Who knew slackers could work so hard? D:
And now a Miqo'te as well. >=D

Melee classes:PLD90/NIN90/WAR90/THF90/SAM83/MNK90/DNC46/DRK24/DRG12/COR8/PUP12/RNG5
Magic/Support Classes:WHM82/BLM87/BRD28/SMN35/RDM23/BLU8/SCH1
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Yep if yourrr HP is in the yellow, they will aggro.
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

I've also noticed that even if you have Sneak on, that if you don't have Invis and are healing, enemies who aggro to sound may still aggro you. At least, I know this has happened several times to me in Garlaige Citadel with those darned bats.
[img]http://www.johnnysubway.com/~josiejo/images/josiejoSig.png[/img]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Josiejo][b]Josiejo[/b][/url]
NPC Friend: Jajuju (Tarutaru Female Healer)

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sasamii]Sasamii[/url]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Ryadbraman]Ryadbraman[/url]
Rakshasa
Tomcat

Post by Rakshasa »

In my case, I was at full health. I was just running through at the time with an experience party. It was so long ago, though, I don't remember it. I could be wrong.

Eh, got some nice screenshots of all the mobs by the zone and two slain mithra who almost made it.
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/Furbewok/SigTemp.jpg[/img]

You can't stop the Rak. ^^
-Rakshasa
Ziada
Tomcat

Post by Ziada »

One other possibility comes to mind. Did you walk next to the Haunt? Bound mobs will attack anything in reach... maybe someone else aggroed and used Bind or Shadowbind to hold it while they ran for the zone.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Strange things

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Strange things

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru