Serious question.

A place to talk about... anything!
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

Josiejo wrote:
Tivia wrote:I know when I am fishing I do not speak to anyone..for any reason, and I dont bot fish. Fishing to me was sorta my in game zen so to speak, and Since it was highly highly irritating to have some idiot sending me tells every 5 seconds asking if I was a bot, I usually had my chat off completely.
Even so, that's not really a great reason to just allow someone to die if you're able to stop it. And if you were to say that's just how you want to play the game, then maybe some people like playing the game by training a bunch of aggro onto indifferent fishermen. I'm sure you'd be upset over that, as would someone who died because you were too busy just standing there. Most people who call for help didn't get into their situation on purpose. Doesn't take long to lend a hand to someone in need, then go back to exciting fishing. :P
When I fish, I turn chat, shout, and emote filters on, so it's just me and the fish. The only thing I might notice is a CFH, but you don't have radar when you're fighting a fish, and the cast times are greatly reduced.

Just because a fishercat doesn't help doesn't mean they're a bot... -.-
[FFX|V] Mystiana Rulean >> BLM iL94 - DRG iL91 - SMN iL93 - SCH iL77
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1463791/
[FFXI] Mystiana@Shiva >> 99 DNC DRG SMN [currently retired]
90+ WAR BLM WHM BST BRD SCH :: 494 Merit Points
Rank 10 for all nations :: Craft: [Cooking: 54][Fishing: 50]
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

colbwa wrote:So cheating is ok as long as it's a friend?
To be blunt, I'm a leader of MithraPride. I am not the police. My obligations as a leader are to make the linkshell a comfortable place all Mithra want to visit. No one has mentioned botting on the linkshell itself, and generally discussion is forbidden.

However, it's not my place to discipline members of the pride outside of the linkshell's scope. This may sound passive, but my role in the game is not to make sure everyone always does the "Right Thing". My role is to run a linkshell, and enjoy myself in the game. Leave the policing to the GM's. That's what they're paid to do.

MithraPride is a family, but I am not your mother.
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

If I find a LS member botting/MPKing/gil-buying/selling, I normally boot them from the LS unless they agree to stop. However, I normaly don't go out of my way to find out if they are. I guess it's a don't ask don't tell sort of thing I suppose... but if I find out... out you go.

The reasoning behind this, is that whatever a member does, it does have a reflection upon the reputation of the LS. I wouldn't want the LS's name dragged through the mud because the actions of a few.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Exactly and Agreed there, It is a serious reflection on the name of the LS, One of my old LS's on diabolos, we'll call it NoobieMudd becuase i wont reveal the name of it, due to i dont want to drag names into this, had its name destroyed before the emigration, becuase we found out 6 of the members botted, 2 for smn skillups, 2 for mining, and 2 for ninjutsu skillups (he used utesumi: ichi and had nothing but shihei in inventory, i found out when i asked the LS owner what was up with a ninjutsu bot), thats when i dropped the pearl. I was going to jump to hades anyways, but i wasnt gonna be in an LS with people who damaged not only the LS name but would damage mine and tell people on hades aobut it.

I'm an anti-botter and gilseller, i dont buy that crap, its nothing but cheating imo, and I dont want any of my LS's (MP HADES~) having to deal with that, so im glad there is no more of that in my game life so to speak
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Jaela
Tomcat

:3

Post by Jaela »

Yes, you should all come to hades and join my linkshell ^^
Back to FFXI, Hades! Level 55 Thief! Glee!
[img]http://img293.echo.cx/img293/3043/jaela3ez.jpg[/img]
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

As a fyi,

I mentioned I created it, I never actually used it outside testing to make certain the commands were recognized, when in the same token accomplished all the use I ever needed out of it..Kinda ironic actually that it likely took me 10 times longer to write it, then I actually had need of.

Either way, Do I intend to use it now? No, honestly I have no use for it at all. Do I intend to update it? This question I cannot give a solid no to, currently I have zero desire to update it and last I bothered to check someone else was anyhow. Can I honestly say I will never desire to push the envelope again? nope...but then I have honestly moved on to things far more challenging them scripting for ffxi as honestly it is insanely easy and does not really provide any further challenge. That and I actually have people to talk to ingame now prob helps..considering on sylph I only had like 3 people who spoke with me and they were on rarly at best.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Tivia wrote:.....I actually have people to talk to ingame now prob helps..considering on sylph I only had like 3 people who spoke with me and they were on rarly at best.
All I can say Tivia is wow. :o The multiplayer part is something you seem to have missed out on.

I have no concept of how one as bright as you, with so many interesting things to talk about, could have so few people to talk to.

Like many others here, I have admired you for your intelect, attitude, and insights. OK admired is a bit of an understatment. I have been called queer for brains, and you kitty, have one of the sexyest intelects I have run across in a long time.

/makes a note to spend more time on Miguardsomor
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Thank you..

And yes I am aware part of why I left ffxi is really honestly my own fault. I enjoyed the ah a bit too much, it was how I simply played the game previously and I invested the great majority of my time into that. It was a mistake looking back on it, and I plan on lessening the extent to which I do so now, and trying to participate more in the game aspect. The best way I can put it is, The AH provided a more challenging medium then I have ever experienced in a game. Tinkering with an economy and seeing just how much I could affect things absorbed me very quickly. As a result I honestly made very little effort to meet people, The one was a RL friend and the others I honestly only met as a result of my aquaintence to said person.

To give you an idea of how seriously I took it, I literally had spreadsheets and Graphs charting price history, my buy pricing history, Turn over time, and profit margin levels for hundreds of items. I used it so frequently in fact that I could make people offers on items, or snatch up shouted deals knowing precisely how much I could turn it over for. Yes unfortunatly I took it that seriously. I will however not be getting that serious about it again, while I will continue to buy/sell as that is the primary way I continue to make cash, I will no longer absorb myself to that level.
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

Sorry, but I don't accept that using a summoning bot is cheating. Have you ever tried to raise summoning skill? It's insane. I gain maybe 0.2 skill from an entire MP usage. When I leveled skill for solo battles, it took HOURS to gain 3, maybe 4 points of skill. Sometimes I think I gain fishing skill faster than summoning skill. I gain nothing over another player, I gain nothing except making my player better, which helps parties I join.

How is it cheating? Is it against the rules, yes. I will not deny that. Does it give me an unfair advantage over others? We're not PvP, so no, it does not.

Tell me how it's cheating, so I may understand.
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

I really try to help people being chased by mobs and the other day i was running back to sandy and someone was bering chased by an aggro so i took care of it for them, I was a DRK/WAR and finished it quickly, but they died anyways cause they were poisoned, I felt bad...... They were gratefult hough. Also when i am runnign around as my level 41 RDM, I also heal and protect shell random peopel who cross my path, I figure Karma is a good thing!!
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Firemyst wrote:Sorry, but I don't accept that using a summoning bot is cheating. Have you ever tried to raise summoning skill? It's insane. I gain maybe 0.2 skill from an entire MP usage. When I leveled skill for solo battles, it took HOURS to gain 3, maybe 4 points of skill. Sometimes I think I gain fishing skill faster than summoning skill. I gain nothing over another player, I gain nothing except making my player better, which helps parties I join.

How is it cheating? Is it against the rules, yes. I will not deny that. Does it give me an unfair advantage over others? We're not PvP, so no, it does not.

Tell me how it's cheating, so I may understand.
Prrsha and I had a fairly good debate on this exact thing a while back. I think it really comes down to personal opinion..You will never convince me that It is cheating for this, and for those who are Rule purist's you will never convince them otherwise. In the End I believe both are right, and yet both are wrong...its a delicious unwinnable argument and was highly engaging.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Firemyst wrote: Have you ever tried to raise summoning skill? It's insane. I gain maybe 0.2 skill from an entire MP usage. When I leveled skill for solo battles, it took HOURS to gain 3, maybe 4 points of skill. Sometimes I think I gain fishing skill faster than summoning skill.
I get much better skillups than that. I cast mostly Elementals, and only those related to the day. The elemental of the day, the one strong to it, the one weak to it. .2 skillup from a full MP bar would be a really poor set for me, I usually get 2 - 3 skillups from a bar, .4 - .5 at least, and that is at level 5 SMN + a pumpkin pie. (Still missing Thunder, Light, Dark.) One Pie gives me 3 - 5 levels in SMN skill.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

im not biased against smn and ninjutsu skill up bots no, im jsut saying the other botters dragged them and the LS in the mud, honestly if i was stuck on a ps2, i'd lvl ninjutsu that way, and my smn skill their both bio tachi's. its crafting bots, fishing, mining bots i hate, smn/nin are a matter of opinon and im still mixed on that becuase i cant stand skilling up hehe
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Mystiana
Princess Cat

Post by Mystiana »

Tsybil wrote:
Firemyst wrote: Have you ever tried to raise summoning skill? It's insane. I gain maybe 0.2 skill from an entire MP usage. When I leveled skill for solo battles, it took HOURS to gain 3, maybe 4 points of skill. Sometimes I think I gain fishing skill faster than summoning skill.
I get much better skillups than that. I cast mostly Elementals, and only those related to the day. The elemental of the day, the one strong to it, the one weak to it. .2 skillup from a full MP bar would be a really poor set for me, I usually get 2 - 3 skillups from a bar, .4 - .5 at least, and that is at level 5 SMN + a pumpkin pie. (Still missing Thunder, Light, Dark.) One Pie gives me 3 - 5 levels in SMN skill.
The more skill you get, the harder it seems. This is especially true when trying to cap the skill. I decided it was easier to tack on a few levels over 20 and then reach 63 summoning skill than to try and cap it at 20.
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

speaking of summoning skill...

I got lots of skill ups once because i was facing a certain direction for that day... all i did was cast the primes tho.

ah well, your mileage may vary.
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

I have been told that some of the zones give better skillups than others. Someone said that is why you see so many SMN leveling their skill outside Jeuno.

I always thought it was because they were there anyway....

colbwa
Tomcat

Post by colbwa »

kk
Last edited by colbwa on Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
colbwa
Tomcat

Post by colbwa »

colbwa wrote:
Prrsha wrote:If I find a LS member botting/MPKing/gil-buying/selling, I normally boot them from the LS unless they agree to stop. However, I normaly don't go out of my way to find out if they are. I guess it's a don't ask don't tell sort of thing I suppose... but if I find out... out you go.

The reasoning behind this, is that whatever a member does, it does have a reflection upon the reputation of the LS. I wouldn't want the LS's name dragged through the mud because the actions of a few.

So you personally don't care if people buy/sell gil as long as they don't tell you about it. This contradicts everything Mithrapride has ever told me.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Colbwa

I do not think that is how it was meant.

I think the meaning was, If someone is participating in an activity like that and does not say a thing to anyone about it and noone actually knows. Its not their business to automatically assume someone has a dark secret and attempt to dig that up.

Ie Assume innocence first, unless guilt becomes obvious, instead of Assume Guilt first.
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

colbwa wrote:So you personally don't care if people buy/sell gil as long as they don't tell you about it. This contradicts everything Mithrapride has ever told me.
What difference does it make to you? First you're trying to insinuate something that was never said to start.... something. But you forgot something... no one really cares what you think. We all know Prrsha's a sane, rational person here, one who has never been guilty or accused of forum trolling. You, on the other hand, have been, so therefore it's Prrsha's words over your accusations that we'll be trusting.
[img]http://www.johnnysubway.com/~josiejo/images/josiejoSig.png[/img]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Josiejo][b]Josiejo[/b][/url]
NPC Friend: Jajuju (Tarutaru Female Healer)

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sasamii]Sasamii[/url]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Ryadbraman]Ryadbraman[/url]
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Tivia wrote:Colbwa

I do not think that is how it was meant.

I think the meaning was, If someone is participating in an activity like that and does not say a thing to anyone about it and noone actually knows. Its not their business to automatically assume someone has a dark secret and attempt to dig that up.

Ie Assume innocence first, unless guilt becomes obvious, instead of Assume Guilt first.
Yep.

And as for colbwa I have no idea what he posted. He's been on my ignore list forrr awhile after he posted some quite nasty gender slurs against myself and the board members. Not only that, he is a troll and trolls are best ignored.
Jaela
Tomcat

Post by Jaela »

Prrsha wrote:He is a troll and trolls are best ignored.
Except when they are bashing in your skulls with +2 Greatclubs :3
Back to FFXI, Hades! Level 55 Thief! Glee!
[img]http://img293.echo.cx/img293/3043/jaela3ez.jpg[/img]
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

*slices the great clubs in half with her sharp axes* what about great clubs now? :D
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

KarouKaniyashia wrote:*slices the great clubs in half with her sharp axes* what about great clubs now? :D
How great they are is highly dependent on wich end of the club you are on. :lol:

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Serious question.

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru