JP partys kick ass

A place to talk about... anything!
Punkerdood
Tomcat

JP partys kick ass

Post by Punkerdood »

i just want to say JP patys rock soe hella much and you all know what i mean that has been in one before
i was in one another day and got 2k xp in about 15min
because it was very cooperative
not only i got good xp but i also got good items from the drops we had
we were fighting in king ranps tomb fighting Dire Bats and Thousand Eyes(hecteyes) and i got a scroll of fire 3 a load of dark and wind crystals and the best drop i got was a burning hakutaku eye

not only it was a JP party but we had 2 rangers which kicked more ass because of sidewinder and slug shot SC
75SAM
Rank7 sandoria
Lihera
Feral Cat

Post by Lihera »

Why is it everyone's view that "JP = god"?

I congratulate you on finding such a good pt, but in general, JP or not doesn't make the difference.
[color=indigo]New sig comin'. But in the meantime...[/color]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/baofowfwoosh.gif[/img]
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

I agree. I've been in a few partys that were 4/6 and 5/6 japanese players. We got my blackmage job from 10 to 18 in 2-3 hours i Korrokola tunnel not to mention teh killer parties i was with in Crawlers nest and Boyahda Tree as WHM and RDM.

There were some good non-japanese parties i was in (Like the one that took my dragoon job from 11 to 16 in valkurm) but most of the time i find it hard to get people together that click. The job setup may be good, but the personalities dont match up. I find that to be more of a hinderance than a party filled with the wrong job combos
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

The one thing I like about Japanese parties is that their pullers seem to be fearless most of the time and tend to want to just keep pulling as soon as they can, making the chains come fast.
Darkmattre
Big Cat

Post by Darkmattre »

JediKitsune wrote:The one thing I like about Japanese parties is that their pullers seem to be fearless most of the time and tend to want to just keep pulling as soon as they can, making the chains come fast.
i rarely have to wait when I pull. and usually the only break we take is after chain5, then we start again.

As for the original post. King RanP's tomb is some of the fastest xp I've ever seen, you don't need a JP party for it, it's just that it seems that a lot of NA tend to seem to think of that area as a noob area, and not good for xp at later levels. I love to xp on bats, good xp and I can do so much damage to them. :) A ranger >> thief skillchain absolutely owns bats.
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/Darkmattre/deadlybackwhite-1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.darknessfalls.net/upload/upload_files/tiele.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/Darkmattre/ninex.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/Darkmattre/whmex.jpg[/img]
http://hosted.filefront.com/Darkmattre
Pyrexia
Tomcat

Post by Pyrexia »

<3 Bats...

Another fun thing, recently I've been partying with a 5blm, 1nin combo. Nin pulls and tanks while we all enfeeble, then when the <call> is given, Freeze x 5. So much fun.

Usually one of the blms doesn't even get to cast Freeze, four Freezes will kill off a Robber Crab.
[img]http://filebox.vt.edu/users/cdove/beachsig.jpg[/img]

Pyrexia : Mithran Fishercat : Federation of Windurst : Midgardsormr and Hades
---
BLM 75 : RNG 73 : SMN 53 : WHM 40 : NIN 37 : RDM 37 : WAR 37 : THF 18 : MNK 10 : DRG 8 : BRD 8 : SAM 6
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

i have mixed views. Ive been in NA parties that were the bombshell, and those that sucked royal galka tail. Ive been in JP parties that were the best, and JP parties that were nothing but noobs who dont know how to play XI over there.

listen please, just becuase you get the game for a year longer, doesnt make you the best, i dont care waht nation your from, if you suck, you suck and all parties at somepoint are like that.
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Lihera wrote:Why is it everyone's view that "JP = god"?

I congratulate you on finding such a good pt, but in general, JP or not doesn't make the difference.
Well my view is based entirely off experience.

over a year of playing my whm, and monk..and various other jobs..I have never once grouped with a full NA group that did not suck.

So I broke down, downloaded the JP client..and quit grouping na players all together.
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Tivia wrote: Well my view is based entirely off experience.

over a year of playing my whm, and monk..and various other jobs..I have never once grouped with a full NA group that did not suck.

So I broke down, downloaded the JP client..and quit grouping na players all together.
Hm... you must've gotten really bad people on your server then.

JP/NA/EU it does not matter to me,
I've had good parties in all and even bad.

There have been EU/NA parties where I got 7.5k an hour and there have had JP parties where I got less then 1k an hour, and also the other way around.
so it doesn't make any difference too me.
Japanese aren't the elite and NA/EU players aren't all that bad.
But that's my opinion.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
kashell
Tomcat

Post by kashell »

To be honest if I could choose from a NA pt or a JP pt I would pick the NA pt.
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

I don't get the whole idea of putting "EU" in search comments, the way I see it their just the same as NA players in that they speak english. :oops:
Waef
Tomcat

Post by Waef »

I agree with some of the people here. Most of the time the nation you come from doesn't matter.
PLD67, WAR66, NIN60
Genkai5 [O]
ZM14
PM8-1 (Yay sea! =D)
Currently leveling: Bard
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

Some players can be dumbasses all the time, it doesn't matter what country they are from.

Case in point, I was helping a MP member by PL'ing them, I was a 38RDM, We kept telling the player not to provoke so when i was healing the mob would attack me (the mob was only hitting me for 1 point anyways) that way i wasted far less MP healing the party and they could chain gobs much quicker, but what does the dummy do? {Provoke }, {Provoke },
{Provoke },
{Provoke },
{Provoke }!!!!!

So they get hate and take damage and i waste my MP healing the dumbass, I tired to explain through autotranslate not to provoke, but they either didn't care or thought they knew better. I have even had this problem in all english speaking parties, I do applaud them for knowing how to provoke, but when you have a PL the rules change a bit!
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Lihera
Feral Cat

Post by Lihera »

Well, when I was levelling my warrior in the dunes (before I had even considered thf), I knew if I didn't get hit, my skillups would be lacking. Though this got me booted out of a few parties, I was still able to keep my tanking skills capped.

Perhaps this was the case.

(EDIT: π posts!)
[color=indigo]New sig comin'. But in the meantime...[/color]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/baofowfwoosh.gif[/img]
Fayin
Feral Cat

Post by Fayin »

It doesn't matter what country you're from. 'Idiot' and 'Baka' mean the same thing and I've PTed with both.
[b]-Fayin-[/b]
46WHM   43BLM   48THF   21WAR
59+1 Cooking   58+1 Woodworking   25 Fishing

[b]-Entourage-[/b]
Name                     Lv     GB   MHE Aketon  Warp
Fayinsjeunomule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinssandymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinswindymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinsbastymule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]

[size=75]"omg Ebay..."[/size]
colbwa
Tomcat

Post by colbwa »

In my opinion, I'd take JP party over NA any day.
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

I've had better luck with JP parties myself, but I have found some ass-hat japanese......
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Raika Akaizer
FACE STOMPING CAT

Post by Raika Akaizer »

You know. I've met some JN's that play. We decided to meet in Yamato as a fair meeting point after having a successful group. One of which speaks enlish. It was your everyday group with reasonable exp n' stuff.
Shiji-Kun told me that some of those JP parties you find are actually 6 people in one room who play every day. Basicly static. But sometimes they won't have everyone together for some reason and invite an E just to keep going. They also tend to be ignorant to E's as well. This portion of people feel that english shouldn't even play because it was ment for Japaneese people whine complain hate etc. They blame E's for Chineese gil sellers and as the reason for deaths in a party. From my experiance, having a good skill chain and booting players who can't get it together makes the party run just fine. In fact, my party went to quifim at level 20. We saw a 20 to 22 group go in before us. We all hit 25 and left the region before they did. So that there, is proof, that there isn't really anything special (or god-like for that matter) about that Japaneese. They are everyday people just like us.
:angel:
RIP Titan MP.
Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Post by Cyndari »

Lihera wrote:Why is it everyone's view that "JP = god"?

Mostly it doesn't matter, but I must say that they are a hell of alot more organized than NA&EU pts that I have been in. Everyone looks out for each other its not pull, pull, pull, being a WHM they observe my MP and wait for me to catch up.
[color=blue][b][i]Don't let fear cloud your judgement, for it will hold you back from all of your dreams ;) [/i][/b][/color]
[img]http://www.drowtales.com/~hightreason/chibilaelia.gif[/img] [color=blue][size=200][i][b]Meeooww!!![/b][/i][/size][/color]

WHM - 61 | SMN - 32 | BLM - 21 | THF - 10 | NIN - 7 | BRD - 7 | BST - 7 | SAM - 5 | WAR - 5
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

Actually, some of the good parties i was in that were NA/EU were ones with people rank 7+. Just last night i was in an Utsusemi/manaburn party as the main healer (SMN/WHM) and we were zooming through the jungle like it was cake....

... mmmm.. cake...
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

The single best party that I was ever in was all NA.

Like the HOT Japanese parties, they all had more than one level 60+ job, mostly partied together, and knew what they wre doing.

BLM 15 to 19 or 20 (I forget, this was my first time through) in a few hours. Learned a LOT, not the least was to love Worms and avoid the Dunes.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Raika Akaizer
FACE STOMPING CAT

Post by Raika Akaizer »

Same conditions apply to NA/EU.
:angel:
RIP Titan MP.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: JP partys kick ass

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting