Jobs in retail version

A place to talk about... anything!
Cyndari
"Illuminatus"

Jobs in retail version

Post by Cyndari »

Are you cats gonna keep the jobs that you had in the beta or are you going to do something else?

In the beta I started as a RDM, then switched to WAR, then I subbed WHM, and did an adv job of DRK. Mostly I was a WAR/WHM, but at the end I spent more time working on my WHM.

I think in the retail version I am going to go with either WHM or MNK as my job. WHM is good and is always needed, and MNK kicks a little more ass than WAR does. Especially with those weapon skills :twisted:
[color=blue][b][i]Don't let fear cloud your judgement, for it will hold you back from all of your dreams ;) [/i][/b][/color]
[img]http://www.drowtales.com/~hightreason/chibilaelia.gif[/img] [color=blue][size=200][i][b]Meeooww!!![/b][/i][/size][/color]

WHM - 61 | SMN - 32 | BLM - 21 | THF - 10 | NIN - 7 | BRD - 7 | BST - 7 | SAM - 5 | WAR - 5
maryadavies
Tomcat

Post by maryadavies »

If and when I go retail, I'm prolly gonna start WHM again, (still don't know what I'll temp sub until I get to 30) and then I might either sub summoner or make summoner my main job an' sub whm. Depends.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v91/maryadavies/Mary.jpg[/img]
~~Also known as Elizara ([url=http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?11530]WHM/BLM, I'll help if ya ask![/url])

[url=http://maffcode.vze.com]My FF Code[/url]
Mod on [url=http://oneroomstudios.illuminata7.net/ffxi/boards/]Kopopo's Opo-pos[/url], a new FFXI board. Come on over!
Valkyr
Tomcat

Post by Valkyr »

thinking of going theif till i get subjob then go warrior again....i just want to be able to sneak attack as a warrior and never got that far in beta cuz lvling my thf sub was hard by myself...
The world before the fall...
Delightful is the light of dawn...
Noble is the heart of man...
Lamyenie
Kitten

jobs

Post by Lamyenie »

i'm gonna go monk to start then sub whm...it's nice to heal myself to reduce downtime for the main healer....when i get to lvl 30 i think i am gonna try for ninja and maybe do thf/nin. eventually i wanna lvl all the available classes up to lvl 30 or higher...this way i have a class available for any situation. but unfortunately, that is gonna take a huge amount of time since i will have from PC retail until about mid january to play. after january i will be in the army (17 weeks for basic then AIT training) then i am getting married in July, then report to where i am gonna be stationed. after that i should be back as i am goin for non-combat oriented service.

but i plan on bein on the day of release and the day after (asked for those 2 days off work) to get a head start. I am hoping i can get Lamyenie back as my name but if not i will have something starting with Lamy. I will again start in Windy although i wouldn't mind starting somewhere else if i was ablt to get their ring (windy ring isn't as good for monks as the others but not gonna base my entire decision on that). plan on mercilessly slaughtering crawlers as my main source of money :twisted:

well, see everyone in PC release and i will see the PS2 peeps after i get stationed.
ranruriko
Kitten RanRan

Post by ranruriko »

I started as a RDM, then at 18 chose WHM. I ended up doing RDM/WHM for a while.
I plan on doing WHM then THF in retail.
Tangia
Kitten

Post by Tangia »

Im gonna do it the same way i did in beta . MNK to 20 switch to THF to 30 then RNG. I only got 10 lvls in my ranger so im intrestead in seeing what it will be like in the long run.
Blightinnos
Kitten

Post by Blightinnos »

I was a RDM/BLM the tried out RNG and DRK. In retail I'm going THF up to 30 than going to NIN or RNG. Both are so much fun ={D
Final dhalmel count: 257, I am the dhalmel poacher!
Ishe
Tomcat

Post by Ishe »

I'll still be a mithra thief in retail, but instead of making RM by supprt job I'm gonna go ninja. That way, when I reach the really high levels I'll have sneak attack, perfect evade, two swords and triple attack. I can already hear the behemoths crying out in pain >;D
Thief 60 / Ninja 71 / Warrior 35 / Summoner 20 / Whitemage 10 / Monk 6 / Ranger 4 / Blackmage 3
Alchemy: 51 ~ Boneworking: 48+1
:::
Rank 10
Paragon of Ninja Excellence.
Fayin
Feral Cat

Post by Fayin »

Start in Windy. BLM to whatever is needed for Blizzaga, then THF to 7 for Gil Finder. Pharm to 40k gil, switch to Bastok, pharm for gil and CP. Get ring. :mrgreen:
[b]-Fayin-[/b]
46WHM   43BLM   48THF   21WAR
59+1 Cooking   58+1 Woodworking   25 Fishing

[b]-Entourage-[/b]
Name                     Lv     GB   MHE Aketon  Warp
Fayinsjeunomule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinssandymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinswindymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinsbastymule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]

[size=75]"omg Ebay..."[/size]
Toren
Tomcat

Post by Toren »

ok think i got my last job choices for retail

RNG/BST

or

SMN/WHM

if i go for the SMN/WHM then its WHm from the start

If i go for the RNG/BST then its WAR from the start
Amiricle
Big Cat

Post by Amiricle »

I plan on being RDM, but will be leveling WAR, WHM, and BLM to 30 before i concentrate on RDM. lol
FFXI~ Cactuar: Isania // Midgardsormyr: Amiricle // Bismark: Amiricle & Kaust
FFXIV~ Sargotanas ~ Ami'a Mihgo
Toren
Tomcat

Post by Toren »

ok i finally made up my mind i'm going to the ultimate hate machine....

RNG/SAM

this will be my in game combo... i know kinda crazy with the dmg but i should work out fine.
[img]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/MaryAliceDa/twmr01.jpg[/img]

Might just go WHM/SMN if Meeyutu makes me a new SIG :) :)

Ha just think of the DMG i can do.....[RNG/SAM] :)

Kyuba No Michi Clan
Vorloxa
Kitten

Post by Vorloxa »

For me, as I said somewhere else on these boards, Im doing blm with whm sub as a taru.... maybe throwing summoner in there somewhere eventually :roll:
Tigara
Kitten

Tigara Mithra Bard / Ninja

Post by Tigara »

I will be a Mithra going thief till i get lvl 30 then change over to bard and sub as ninja
I will start is bastok it is my one and only kingdom