Lineage II beta test

A place to talk about... anything!
Meeyutu
Housecat

Lineage II beta test

Post by Meeyutu »

http://www.lineage2.com/

Looks like it might be cool to check out :)
Toren
Tomcat

Post by Toren »

I saw a movie a while back. looked cool, showed a female char looking for her Male friend. He died at the hands of a mob, she went crazy and took the mob on with a group watching and killed it. The world looks amazing.

meow
[img]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/MaryAliceDa/twmr01.jpg[/img]

Might just go WHM/SMN if Meeyutu makes me a new SIG :) :)

Ha just think of the DMG i can do.....[RNG/SAM] :)

Kyuba No Michi Clan
Fayin
Feral Cat

Post by Fayin »

I've played the original Lineage. Think Diablo style graphics, but shitty framerate, and clunky controls. Wasn't fun. New one looks pretty sweet however.
[b]-Fayin-[/b]
46WHM   43BLM   48THF   21WAR
59+1 Cooking   58+1 Woodworking   25 Fishing

[b]-Entourage-[/b]
Name                     Lv     GB   MHE Aketon  Warp
Fayinsjeunomule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinssandymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinswindymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinsbastymule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]

[size=75]"omg Ebay..."[/size]
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

I signed up!
Creve
Tomcat

Post by Creve »

HA! I signed up before you Kopopo! :lol:
MikaMeow
<Insert Title here>

Post by MikaMeow »

I played the Korean Lineage II beta. It was decent. I liked their quest system, and inventory wasnt such a pain in the ass. Graphics are pretty nice, similar to FFXI, but a lil darker. Similar to FFXI theres not much selection in how your char looks, or what races there are etc. Stuff is ALOT more race specific. Different races get different classes they can be, and even if two different races are warriors, they'll both get different skills. Dwarfs are the only ones that can craft items. Leveling took a fairly long time for me, and creating a guild takes a while and costs a ton too.

I was in beta for a while, but got bored and stopped playing.

Its definately alot less computer intensive than FFXI, and even my crappy computer ran it fairly well. I had two accounts playing it hehe. One as a fighter one as a healer. With healer I just had to keep myself on target and hit the heal key and I'd run over to within range of myself and heal, with just 1 button, made soloing with 2 comps easy. It ran fairly smoothly for the most part, and looked pretty nice. Dungeons are kinda weird, they're not another zone, just a hole in the ground usually.

Quests are interesting. You must talk to npcs, and they give several options to pick. Some open quests. Once a quest is opened THEN you can start getting quest items. You get a quest window, and a seperate quest inventory. Once a quest is enabled, if you kill something, you may automatically get the quest item sent directly to your quest inventory. No doing lots on quest items, or worrying about having room for the quest items. All quest items are basically like keyitems.

You have to buy all your skills with points you earn from fighting. You get exp and skill points from kills.

There is some PVP, but dunno much bout how it works. Just know your name changes color if ya kill ppl, and goes back to normal if ya die a bunch.

Grouping really killed exp, more so than FFXI. So it was pretty important to solo. And when grouped ya got pretty crap exp.

Overall impression of the game was so so. I got bored of it relatively fast, movement was a pain sometimes, they like you to mouse click, but you can keyboard, but its common for that to kinda bug up. Leveling was quite boring, and grouping was worse. I liked questing, and the graphics. Didn't lag or crash a whole lot, or need major vid cards to play ok.
The most wasted day of all is one in which we have not laughed.
Image Image
Toren
Tomcat

Post by Toren »

did anyone get into beta yet?
[img]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/MaryAliceDa/twmr01.jpg[/img]

Might just go WHM/SMN if Meeyutu makes me a new SIG :) :)

Ha just think of the DMG i can do.....[RNG/SAM] :)

Kyuba No Michi Clan
Meeyutu
Housecat

Post by Meeyutu »

Haven't heard yet.. might be awhile since it took Square-enix like a month to send out the word.