AF again >.<

Lunaleska
Kitten

AF again >.<

Post by Lunaleska »

/sigh now thf is lv 51, need to get all the AF again, I heard thf AF is a pain to get, and.... because I got some other good equips, I don't even need some of the AF, I think I only want the glove. and maybe body just to look like a thf.... lol.

Head: Emperor Hairpin, Body: scorp armor (got it long time ago as rng, sitting in mog house... now can finally use it), Hand: I do want AF hand. IF not, I am using agi+2 glove right now. Leg: using that lv 30 rng/thf +1 leg, gives dex +2 (didn't check the AF leg yet, don't know which one I want). And leaping boots for feet.

So, I don't even know if I should get the AF at all... is it actually worth it? And because have so much rare/ex equip and ammos on me from rng, and some little quest and events. I don't have much space anyway.

Help me out guys, are there any high level thfs out there? plz tell me if it is worth it.

Also, since I am a Mithra, I use all +acc equip right now, Neck: peacock charm, sniper rings x 2, and life belt.

Does that sounds ok? or I should change to +dex and +agi equip? I personally like to get tp faster, I know people change equip when they do WS, but I really don't have room for that.
=^.^=
Now Playing: Sam
Rng75 Mnk75 Thf75 Sam71 Rdm66 Nin64 Blm50 War50 Whm42 Drk40 Smn31 Pld22 Brd18 Bst13 Drg22

Rank 10 Windy
Z14
CoP complete!
Sivara
Big Cat

Post by Sivara »

I think you are overdoing the ACC thing. :? I read that when you pile on TOO much accuracy, it gets to be overkill. Meaning, you don't need all that accuracy, and there are probably betting things to put in there. Some even think that accuracy is "capped"; you can pile it on and pile it on and once you get X amount of accuracy, any more will be ineffective.

Keep the Life Belt and the Scorpion Harness! Those are nice THF items and the accuracy they give is good for those Dancing Edge hits. The Peacock charm and the Snipers are overkill, IMO.

As a THF, you obviously need to pile on the DEX and AGI for SATA. As a Mithra, you have a ton anyway, but in this case, more doesn't really hurt. Pieces with these boosts (Fang/Spike Necklace, Leaping Boots, Emperor's Hairpin, etc.) are must-haves for THF. Flourite Rings at 54 are great items to pick up, and until then, Deft Rings work well in that slot. For earrings, I like Drone Earrings with their +3 AGI each (or is it +2? can't recall). According to a high-level THF, who looked over my own gear, items like +DEX rings, Spike Necklace, Drone Earrings, Leaping Boots, and the Emperor's Hairpin are items that THFs keep all the way into end-game. On your body, you should be wearing Brigandine until you can pick up a Cotehardie or wear your nice Scorpion Harness. On your legs, the Noct +1 works best until you can get your AF pants (which give you +4 AGI). In your ranged slot, you can use a Lightning Bow +1 for +2 DEX or a Long Boomerang for +2 AGI. It's a tradeoff; I'm a boomerang fan, myself. On your hands, that same HL THF told me to keep my Battle Gloves because of the accuracy. You have plenty of that, so your AGI gloves work nicely. AF Gloves are a must-have; the +3 DEX and boosted steal are assets.

Here is an awesome THF AF guide for you:

http://www.bvvp.com/gaming/ffxi/thfaf.html

The gloves and the pants are good. The rest are better suited for coffer picking and stealing the lunch money of beastmen than leveling in a party.

If you can, you should pick up all your THF AF just to wear around and show off. As a THF you can pick all your AF coffers, so you don't have to mess with idiotic random coffer parties (which have left a bitter taste in my mouth). The only tricky bits are the quests for the head and feet pieces. You should get the feet, as they make Flee last for a full minute instead of 30 seconds. What a way to travel! :D

Oh, one last thing: if you aren't eating Squid or Sole Sushi yet, now is the time to get on a sushi kick. The stat bonuses, including acc+, are very nice indeed. See what I meant about putting something else in the neck and ring slots? You can gain some accuracy from your food, and use those slots to pack on more DEX and AGI, or even put on a nice Haste+ ring for faster TP gain.

Whew, long and rambling post. I hope this helps!

Rawr! Forgot to add one thing: if you have cleared the Promyvions and gained access to the Aqueducts in Tavnazia, you should try to get in on a subligar run. The Raparee Harness is good for TP gain with its Haste+. You could wear it to rack up TP, then macro-swap it with a body piece with DEX and do your SATA+WS. The actual quest to trade in the subligar requires one AF piece and level 52, so you will need to take care of that.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Of course you want the THF AF set.

If nothing else, we look so hot in it, I do believe it was designed with us kitties in mind. :D

OK, perrrhaps the pants arrre a bit silly....
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Lunaleska
Kitten

Post by Lunaleska »

thx, that was pretty useful ^^
=^.^=
Rng75 Mnk75 Thf75 Sam71 Rdm66 Nin64 Blm50 War50 Whm42 Drk40 Smn31 Pld22 Brd18 Bst13 Drg22

Rank 10 Windy
Z14
CoP complete!
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

I think you are overdoing the ACC thing. Confused I read that when you pile on TOO much accuracy, it gets to be overkill. Meaning, you don't need all that accuracy, and there are probably betting things to put in there. Some even think that accuracy is "capped"; you can pile it on and pile it on and once you get X amount of accuracy, any more will be ineffective.

Keep the Life Belt and the Scorpion Harness! Those are nice THF items and the accuracy they give is good for those Dancing Edge hits. The Peacock charm and the Snipers are overkill, IMO.
Sivara, that is the fucking stupidest thing i could hear you say. Acc>All, if you dont belive it talk to any high level player who stacks on acc like its the end of the world. ayume stacks on racc to like 83+ and Drk's War's and other DD grab as much as they can (most are at 50+). my advice, if you have peckock and snipers KEEP THEM, your going to need them for the higher levels, as you increase in level the mobs get significanly harder, this is very noticable past 60, where having all that ACC will really come in handy. (dont believe me? ill give you oh my entire hnm shell to yell at you, there is no cap on ACC)
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Nivez wrote:
I think you are overdoing the ACC thing. Confused I read that when you pile on TOO much accuracy, it gets to be overkill. Meaning, you don't need all that accuracy, and there are probably betting things to put in there. Some even think that accuracy is "capped"; you can pile it on and pile it on and once you get X amount of accuracy, any more will be ineffective.

Sivara, that is the fucking stupidest thing i could hear you say. Acc>All, if you dont belive it talk to any high level player who stacks on acc like its the end of the world. ayume stacks on racc to like 83+ and Drk's War's and other DD grab as much as they can (most are at 50+). my advice, if you have peckock and snipers KEEP THEM, your going to need them for the higher levels, as you increase in level the mobs get significanly harder, this is very noticable past 60, where having all that ACC will really come in handy. (dont believe me? ill give you oh my entire hnm shell to yell at you, there is no cap on ACC)
Thank you Love, But Dear 50 on me, and Im DYING OUT THERE!~ I keep ACC boosts on me at all times, I traded in my Squires gear for I.M. Gear, (still got the same AGI boosts pluse more, I do tend to run my stats forwar/nin) and w/ that boost in ACC I ACTUALLY HIT THINGS! WOOOT hehe, ACC is needed for higher lvls period. However, Im still doing the Enmity thing too, but your not a war or tank so to speak as thf, so dont worry about that
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Lunaleska is a 75Rng, I think she has an idea on how effective ACC is at high levels.... Or at least R.ACC.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Sivara
Big Cat

Post by Sivara »

Sivara, that is the fucking stupidest thing i could hear you say.
Nivez, that is the shittiest, rudest thing I could hear you say.

I was only stating a theory I heard.

Ahem. Goodbye, MithraPride.
Eviticus
'Insignificant Adventurer'

Post by Eviticus »

Ok, first off, I've heard that same thing too that once you get to a certain point, adding on Acc doesn't make as big of a difference as it used to. I don't know whehter or not that is true, but it's nothing to cuss at another member over. So what if she is wrong? Besides, from what I see the high ticket ACC items are slowly lowering in price. If you were to sell them now and buy them back later you would actually make money on the deal.

And second, Sivara. It's nothing to leave over. And even if it was, it's not helping the situation by responding with the same vulgarity as the original post that set this off.

And third, I am in -no- way in a position of power here at the Forums. ^.^ Take my words with what weight you believe they should have, and no more.
In the end, I'm just talking out of my ass. So take it all with a grain of salt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[b]Rank 10 Bastok. Rank 2 Sandy.[/b] Pup 75, Drg 72, Brd 71, Thf 37, War 39, Sam 38, Blm 40, Rdm 22, Whm 40, Mnk 37, Nin 14, Pld 38, Bst 15, Drk 30, Smn 15, Blu 19, Rng 13, Dnc 24, Cor 11.
Paragon of Dragoon Excellence.
Paragon of Bard Excellence.
Paragon of Puppetmaster Excellence.
[quote="Keavy"]Evi still winnarz.[/quote]

[img]http://e.1asphost.com/AJSB1986/wyv-burn.jpg[/img]
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

Sivara wrote:

well whoever came up with this theory is stupid, there is no other way to explain it. Accuracy is ACCURACY, you want as much as you can get.

as for the goodbye comment, in mybook youve already left the Midgard section of MP, i havent seen you on in weeks, so as to leaving the site, meh its just another part of your abandonment of us.
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Nivez wrote:
Sivara wrote:

well whoever came up with this theory is stupid, there is no other way to explain it. Accuracy is ACCURACY, you want as much as you can get.

as for the goodbye comment, in mybook youve already left the Midgard section of MP, i havent seen you on in weeks, so as to leaving the site, meh its just another part of your abandonment of us.
Ummm, Nivez her theory is correct. Let me dig of the square interview about accuracy. There is a point where your acc. caps. It's based on your current Dex. Dex effects the acc. curve and its cap.
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Here is the 1st square interview about stats and their relation:

http://ffxi.crgaming.com/interviews/vie ... asp?Id=209
What is the relationship between VIT and “Defense”? For example, does each point of VIT equal 1 point of defense? Or is there some other relationship?

Defense=VIT x 2

However, VIT and Defense both have their own separate effects.

Defense: Defense lowers the standard damage variance and reduces the average damage taken.

VIT: VIT lowers the damage curve itself and reduces the maximum amount of damage taken.

Taking into account the above values and figuring them against an opponent’s STR, Attack, and weapon’s Damage (DMG) value, we finally arrive at the amount of damage taken.

What is the relationship between DEX and Accuracy? For example, does each point of DEX equal 1 point of Accuracy? Or is there some other relationship?

Accuracy does rely on DEX. However, their values are not equivalent. It is more useful to raise your accuracy percentage by raising it directly than raising Accuracy by raising DEX.

What is the relationship between AGL and items that add to Evasion? For example, does each point of AGL equal 1 point of evasion? Or is there some other relationship?

Evasion is based on AGI. However, their values are not equivalent. It is more useful to raise your Evasion rate by raising it directly. However, AGI lowers the percentage of critical hits taken from enemies, while the accuracy of ranged attacks is raised.

What is the relationship between STR and Attack? For example, does each point of STR equal 1 point of Attack? Or is there some other relationship?

Attack=STR x 2

However, Strength and Attack each have different functions.

Attack: Attack raises your standard damage variance and increases the average damage given.

STR: STR raises your damage curve itself and increases the maximum amount of damage given.

These values, along with the opponents VIT, Defense value, and Weapon’s DMG value combine to determine the final amount of damage inflicted.
While googling for the cap part I found a player's observations:
STR determines damage curve. The higher the STR, the higher the damage ceiling. Normally, fighting IT monsters, this wouldn't be too much of a problem ... however ... I found something interesting.

It seems that even on IT monsters, especially PLD type monsters, the normal damage that I hit for seems to be "capped." There's a range which I can never hit over, no matter how much attack I can produce (Let's say for example, I'm using Mithkabobs throughout and so I already have 22% increase to ATK).

The monster had casted Protect III on himself. I hit it a couple of times and note damage. RDM dispel the monster. Okay, I see a *fractional* increase in average damage (sans criticals). I apply Berserk (War sub) and guess what? *fractional* or *no* increase in damage at all.

Now, prior to this, I had used a belt and scythe that gave a bit more in STR. I notice that if I increased STR, my damage "cap" is improved and not just slightly either. To the point where I notice that my damage ranges are not small (like 1 or 2 pts) but sort of wider (like 6 to 10 pts). Then the criticals as well. More DEX means better and more criticals (Which also caps out but I notice that higher STR raises that ceiling) versus just more accuracy.

I also noted another interesting thing. Adding a life belt (+10 to acc) didn't seem to save me from missing. I even switched from Barb back to Raven trying to determine the issue (which incidentally increases +2 to STR).

Still trying to find the other interview saying that DEX and AGI effect the caps the same way STR and VIT does...
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

666 Posts. :shock:
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Prrsha wrote:666 Posts. :shock:
Witch! :o
Lunaleska
Kitten

Post by Lunaleska »

yes, I am rng lv 75, my range acc is about 108 to 110 if I remember right. with food, can go up to 138 to 140. But, I usually eat + range attack food (yellow curry) because at lv 75 with all the +range acc that rng came with, it is hard to even miss sidwinder or slugshot at 100 % tp to IT mobs. I really don't know if there is actually a cap on +acc or not.

I do know my rng stuff, but when it come to thf.... I really don't know much about it. >.<

It is just that I've seen many high level thfs use +acc gears insted of +dex and +agi gears, and I really don't know which one is better.

I did ask some high level thf friends I have... they told me to have 3 sets of gears. 1 for +acc to get tp, 1 for SATA +dex and +agi, and 1 for "Oh crap, I am going to die, I better run" +evasion gears. Some even tell me, to get 5 sets, 1 more all +dex to open chests, and another all +agi for coffer hunting.

I'd like to do that (at least 2 sets, +acc and +SATA damage) but I really don't have enough space in my mog house and on me. I have 1 bow, 1 xbow, 1 gun, 1 cannon, many ammo for each one, differents sets of armor depends on what we are doing for rng, and many other rare/ex things, such as the AF weapons (for each jobs that I have over lv 40) since they are rare/ex, can't sent them away >.< and since my main job is rng, so I have to keep all rng stuff on this character.

I did ask my friends about which kind of gears to use if I can only pick one, and they all have different take on that. Some even tell me that get all the +dex and +agi gears, and after lv 60, sub sam for tp....

so I thought MP has a lot of mithras :P must have a lot of thfs, hehe.

anyway, all the info are very useful to me, thanks all. I'll think about it.

The other problem I have now that i am in the lv 50 to 60 range is......
we are going to fight crabs till the end of our live..... every day is crab crab crab crab crab........ and crab means.. don't use some little sad dagger to hit it. sometimes crabs do AOE str down, and then double boost def up. And if brd or rdm don't dispel fast enough, it'll end up like most of the melee hit 0 , 0 , 0 , 0 , 0..... and since dagger are the lowest damage weapon a melee would use, it is really hard for me to even get tp, even if I hit. Any suggestion on that? (yes, I do hit more damage then all the pld that use 1 hand sword that i pted with so far, I got the best weapon i can find, but damn crabs.... )
=^.^=

Rank 10 Windy
Z14
CoP complete!
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

heh i fight beetles.... nuff said. oh ya AF2 when its done, ill update my siggy later
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Lunaleska
Kitten

Post by Lunaleska »

/sigh, don't want to make my own pt.... wait for pt for about 1 hr.

Nothing to do, so decide to do some AF.... thf AF is a joke

coffer.. just pick them, sub whm... and thf tool

the Quest part.. annoying, but super easy. since you don't have to be thf to do the Quest, as long as you use thf to get the quest, you can use any other high level job you got(like all other AF quest)

AF hat need kill 2 gob NM, web say need a full pt of lv 55ish.. and some lv 65 ppl help, but I soloed it. Both gob NM.

The last Quest for feet... also annoying, the NM.. did it with a lv 75 nin.

tip: wait till that bomb NM use "berserk", then use slug >> barrage >> slug >> eagle eye shot.. then, lot your item and go home finish the rest of the quest.

And now.. having all AF for thf... kind of feel bad if I don't level it up to 60 at least >.< wish me luck finding pt... /sigh
=^.^=

Rank 10 Windy
Z14
CoP complete!
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: AF again >.<

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru