Fun stuff to do while in a party

A place to talk about... anything!
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Fun stuff to do while in a party

Post by Baketsu »

What fun stuff do you do when you are in a party? Usually when your waiting to build a party you get bored so you screw around to waste time. Last night I was in Valkrum on the Siren Sands beach and we were near that boat that is beached at the beach so i went and climbed intot he boat and walked to front of it and did:

/shout I am King of the World!!!

The another member of my party came up and we re-enacted scenes from Titanic and everyone in our party got a good laugh outta it!!!! Here is a sample.

Player1: Jack, I will ways love you, please hold on.....
Player2: No, I am getting cold.... I....
Player1: Jack!!
Player2: Gurrrgle Gurgle......
Player1: Noooooo!!!

Plus we also spent some time making jokes about how Square hates us (we were getting aggroed by mean gobs forcing us to zone every 10 minutes). and how some Square guy in some cubicle in Tokyo is laughing at us while he looks at Henati Manga and eats pocky. I only leveled up once, but last night was the best time I have ever had in a party.
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Sivara
Big Cat

Post by Sivara »

how some Square guy in some cubicle in Tokyo is laughing at us while he looks at Henati Manga and eats pocky.
There may be a bit of truth to this statement. I read an article several months ago about young Japanese Parliament members getting in trouble for reading manga and playing cell phone games during proceedings and not paying attention. :D
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

No bashy the pocky!

Pocky > All :wink:
Sugarpie
Big Cat

Post by Sugarpie »

While i wait for a party i talk to my love Prrsha, play Chrono trigger or other random games on the PS2

Or....i annoy teh hecks0r's outta my LS for the fun of well the laughs really
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/Tanvarin/sugar-sig.png[/img]
Ephi
Housecat

Post by Ephi »

CHRONO TRIGGER!!! :D
...ive yet to get the "A Slideshow!?!" ending... do u no how?

but thats funny the pt thing...
CHEESE cheese and bumblebees,
SPIT'em out like carrots and peas
:rofl:
I like jellyfish
Gimme a jellyfish
mmmm mercury :P
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/Ephisig2.png[/img]
<(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)>
KIRBY DANCE!!!
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Ummmm... Pocky?

I cook well in many orental styles. At least third of the Japanese I know is cullanary words, but that just is not one of them.

The other 2/3 is about as useful in the game as my cooking vocublary. Mostly from the game of Go, movies, and Magna.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Tsybil wrote:Ummmm... Pocky?
:cry:

*sigh*

Click and learn..all about the wonderful world of Pocky!!!!
http://www.chesapeake.net/~richardkim/pocky.html
Karou Ariyen
Rampageing Lunatic

Post by Karou Ariyen »

Oh while waiting for parties? oh hell um.... I need more time to prepare my answer~ :lol:

seriously i tend to MT ALOT not on purpose jsut cuase im a goofball lol another pt i had we were waiting and the ladies had a beauty contest.... Yes Nivy I won that one XD :lol: :P
Warrior 81/Ninja 37 | Samurai 85/Warrior 40 | Puppetmaster 76/Warrior 37 | Dancer 41/Ninja 16
Solo WS=Raging Rush 2282 vs Boreal Hound | Salaheem's Sentinal's <> SECOND LIEUTENANT
Swift Illusion - Black Female Chocobo |Sahyu - Level 60 Soothing Healer |
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Agreed with Tiv.

Never mess with Pocky!!
It's sacred!!

But having fun in parties, yesthat's always something to look out to.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

I forgot since my last party was in summer of 2004.
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Re: Fun stuff to do while in a party

Post by Josiejo »

Baketsu wrote:What fun stuff do you do when you are in a party?
{I don't know how to answer that question.} :rofl:

Well... hmm... most of the time I complain to the ls that I can't get a party. :P Or sometimes I'll try to either join into the conversation or start my own party. I hate starting parties, but it seems to be about the only way to really get things going sometimes. And since my playtime is limited lately anyway, I don't have time to waste seeking for hours on end.
[img]http://www.johnnysubway.com/~josiejo/images/josiejoSig.png[/img]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Josiejo][b]Josiejo[/b][/url]
NPC Friend: Jajuju (Tarutaru Female Healer)

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sasamii]Sasamii[/url]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Ryadbraman]Ryadbraman[/url]
Maezen
Big Cat

Post by Maezen »

Tsybil wrote:Ummmm... Pocky?

I cook well in many orental styles. At least third of the Japanese I know is cullanary words, but that just is not one of them.

The other 2/3 is about as useful in the game as my cooking vocublary. Mostly from the game of Go, movies, and Magna.
Pocky is a sort of treat...it's a kind of breadstick dipped in a sweet icing...go to your local asian food market and you can't miss them :wink:
Josiejo wrote:Well... hmm... most of the time I complain to the ls that I can't get a party. Or sometimes I'll try to either join into the conversation or start my own party. I hate starting parties, but it seems to be about the only way to really get things going sometimes. And since my playtime is limited lately anyway, I don't have time to waste seeking for hours on end.
starting a pt is a great idea, especially if you learn how to do it well :wink: it saves a load of time and usually your party members won't care what job you play so long as you get the party to work and roll the xp in ^^

as for things i do when i'm bored or waiting for a pt....i play tag ^^

run up to someone, touch them and say "Tag you're it!" and then proceed to run off and have them try to catch/touch you back

I've gotten whole parties to do this in the downtime :P
62 DRG/WAR (for parties)
62 DRG/WHM (for solo)
61 WHM/SMN
check the members list for more details

Bonecraft level 7
Cooking level 70
Alchemy level 9

Artifact Armors in possession = 10
Artfact Armors that can be equipped = 10
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Thanks for the link Tivia, OK, I do know the stuff. Just never paid attention to the name I guess.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Fayin
Feral Cat

Post by Fayin »

Kopopo wrote:I forgot since my last party was in summer of 2004.
Holy crap, why Ko?
[b]-Fayin-[/b]
46WHM   43BLM   48THF   21WAR
59+1 Cooking   58+1 Woodworking   25 Fishing

[b]-Entourage-[/b]
Name                     Lv     GB   MHE Aketon  Warp
Fayinsjeunomule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinssandymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinswindymule  1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]
Fayinsbastymule   1BLM   V    III     [  ]       [  ]

[size=75]"omg Ebay..."[/size]
Rakshasa
Tomcat

Time Budgeting

Post by Rakshasa »

I always find something to occupy my time. If I am high level, forming a party in Jeuno, there is a lot of down time while finding members to fill the party. I recall one time I had a chance to begin my BRD quest and travel to Buburimu to get the quest half done before we were ready to go. If it's a short while, I usually have a movie on in the background or clean up my room a bit. Can't really use my PC to play other games, now can I?

Warp is your friend and is among the most useful items you can obtain in the game.

You can't stop the Rak. ^^
-Rakshasa
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

!!Totally immature job jokes!!

Post by Neoshinobi »

Monk:Hundred Fists is ok, I guess, but there really aren't enough fists to it. :?

I'm tanking the next monster; I really wanna check out my new +1 armor. 8)

I'm specializing in <non claw weapon here>. :)

White Mage:Wonder what would happen if I healed that elemental... :twisted:

Where are you guys?

<player name here> isn't in my party...oh woops...I'm healing the wrong party ^.^;;

I've been healing that monster the whole time! No wonder you all died... :P

[In the middle of a fight.] Ok i'm back, what's going on?

It's my turn to tank! Stop hoging the tanking!

Thief:What? The Ranger was pulling something too? :x

Paladin:I'm not a tank, i'm a backup healer.
Rakshasa
Tomcat

Re: !!Totally immature job jokes!!

Post by Rakshasa »

Sounds like you took the majority of this out of the Spring 2004 Official Strategy Guide (or some similar product), Neoshinobi. I remember some of these exact quotes out of the "Things A Party Never Wants to Hear a <job class> Say" section.

Nice addition, but give credit where credit is due.
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/Furbewok/SigTemp.jpg[/img]

-Rakshasa
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

White Mage: I don't heal, I only nuke with Banish.

A WHM in a Valkurm party once said this to us. I kid you not.
Kyuiily
Kitten

Post by Kyuiily »

the funest thing I did while in a party in a downtime was shout out that I found Waldo as he ran past my group in the dunes.
DRG40. WHM 30, WAR 24, SMN 20, MNK 10, BLM 20, RDM 7, SAM 22, NIN 14. DNC 20
RSE: 4/4
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

JediKitsune wrote:White Mage: I don't heal, I only nuke with Banish.

That person will either need to learn how to create parties effectively or pick a new job (BLM?). :lol:
[img]http://www.johnnysubway.com/~josiejo/images/josiejoSig.png[/img]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Josiejo][b]Josiejo[/b][/url]
NPC Friend: Jajuju (Tarutaru Female Healer)

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sasamii]Sasamii[/url]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Ryadbraman]Ryadbraman[/url]
JediKitsune
Mad Cat

Post by JediKitsune »

Josiejo wrote:
JediKitsune wrote:White Mage: I don't heal, I only nuke with Banish.

That person will either need to learn how to create parties effectively or pick a new job (BLM?). :lol:
LUCKILY she wised up after the party died due to lack of healing and started doing her job.
Crispleaf
Housecat

Post by Crispleaf »

Rakshasa wrote:Sounds like you took the majority of this out of the Spring 2004 Official Strategy Guide (or some similar product), Neoshinobi. I remember some of these exact quotes out of the "Things A Party Never Wants to Hear a <job class> Say" section.

That made me want to glance over the guide for some reason.

There sure is a lot of bad advice in there, now that I've played this game awhile. :lol:

In a section, "Why People Love Paladins" it says "They are useful as backup healers" as the first reason :roll:

For the ninja job it says, "Only a party that is light on healers will be reluctant to take in a Ninja." :shock: Seems to me, those are the parties that need a ninja. :P

And for summoner, they recommend the black mage sub-job, "Use Black Magic to enfeeble and inflict damage with summoning, then unload with attack spells when needed." Which may be fine in the first ten levels or so... but a the spells of a level 15 black mage sub aren't going to have much effect on the Mandragoras the level 30 party you're in are going to be fighting... they need healing not Aero for 15 damage! :oops:
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~crispl3af/level.JPG[/img]
Bastok Rank 8-1, Windurst Rank 10
Rise of Zilart Completed
Chains of Promathia Completed
Treasures of Aht Urghan Rank 2
Lihera
Feral Cat

Post by Lihera »

Reminds me of a Blm/war our party had once, not in valkrum, not in Qfim, but in Yhoator.

We politely asked him to change his sub, but he responded. "No way, Blm/war is a good combo!"

The rest of the pt of course was either yelling at him to change it, or laughing in response to what they thought was sarcasm.

And then came the worst line of at all.....

"Stfu n00bs, I have the brady guide, I know what the f*** I'm talking about. It says that Blm/War lets you use the staff weaponskills more effectively, OMG ur all n00bs!!11shift1!!eleven"

/pcmd kick <t>
/goodbye

Back on topic:

I like to have races with the rest of my pt (no flee of course). It always seems strange when the galka pld in heavy armour wins :lol:
[color=indigo]New sig comin'. But in the meantime...[/color]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/baofowfwoosh.gif[/img]
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

So therrre I was, in the dunes as WHM 11 or 12, on my second time around. Fell in with a party that had a second WHM, an RDM, and three melee types. Only sub job in the bunch was the Galka MNK/WAR.

It was hot, chain 3 dead common. Here I am thinking these people rrrealy have a clue. The second time someone pulled while all the mages were down on MPs, about 30 - 40 total between us, I said "Wait forrr MPs please."

Came the reply, "Whats MPs?" :roll: :roll: :roll:

I tell this story often during party downtimes. :lol:

Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

Rakshasa wrote:Sounds like you took the majority of this out of the Spring 2004 Official Strategy Guide (or some similar product), Neoshinobi. I remember some of these exact quotes out of the "Things A Party Never Wants to Hear a <job class> Say" section.

Shhhhh! :wink:

And I 'revised' some of those too. :D
Rakshasa
Tomcat

Post by Rakshasa »

Crispleaf wrote: In a section, "Why People Love Paladins" it says "They are useful as backup healers" as the first reason :roll:

For the ninja job it says, "Only a party that is light on healers will be reluctant to take in a Ninja." :shock: Seems to me, those are the parties that need a ninja. :P

And for summoner, they recommend the black mage sub-job, "Use Black Magic to enfeeble and inflict damage with summoning, then unload with attack spells when needed." Which may be fine in the first ten levels or so... but a the spells of a level 15 black mage sub aren't going to have much effect on the Mandragoras the level 30 party you're in are going to be fighting... they need healing not Aero for 15 damage! :oops:

I actually looked over this again today as well. I had hoped/assumed that the ninja quote was a misprint of some kind. I don't remember the summoner advice, but I never used the guide to tell me how to do a job, just to tell me what is available and when.

New to the game and need party advice? Watch how others do their jobs and find out what works yourself.
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/Furbewok/SigTemp.jpg[/img]

-Rakshasa
Kandora
Kitten

Post by Kandora »

Lihera, it could have been worse.
I was in a party with a WAR/BLM in Qufim. He kept casting his useless LVL 10 spells and never once used Provoke. I left after the 3rd time he got me killed (WHM).

I'm not sure why I stayed that long....
Lihera
Feral Cat

Post by Lihera »

Ok, you win, that's much worse.
[color=indigo]New sig comin'. But in the meantime...[/color]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/baofowfwoosh.gif[/img]
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: Fun stuff to do while in a party

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru