The things I do for gil.

A place to talk about... anything!
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

Wow, we have a bunch of disgruntled White Mage kitties amongst us. :shock: :lol:

Well, I will tell you that, from my point of view, I'm not expecting anyone to anything for me. What I feel like I do hold against someone I ask for help is the hope that they would do what I would do, which is help if I could. Now "if I could" includes whether or not I'm busy, in the mood, etc. I understand that some people will have their own aversions to dispensing their unique brand of help, but when it spreads as far as a classwide mentality, there's something of a problem. Just as you say people have lost respect and appreciation, I think people who are in a respectful role are often unwilling to help strangers at all, and only helping friends after some sarcasm about their job ability abuse. I care as much for the "greater than thou" elitist ego as I do the disrespectful demanding brat. Sad thing is both are a result of the game growing to a point where "Teleports" have become common knowledge as a means of quick transport.

All I know is that when I do bother someone for a teleport, I'm very grateful and considerate. I try to only do so if I really am in need, else I usually take a Chocobo. But it wouldn't matter if I told some of the people I've asked for Teleports that I couldn't be more appreciative, because they just don't care. They don't want to move from the spot they've been sitting at in Lower Jeuno for the past 3 hours. Or, they're going to "log out", and I find them still online an hour later. And when I finally do get a teleport, I'll often pay twice what the usual fee is. I'd pay more, but I just don't make a lot of gil right now. :oops: So it's possible that some of the people you turn away think as I do... you're not just a means to an end... you're an inspiration, and a beacon for help. I know not everyone can help all the time, but when I do come across one White Mage who will help little ol' me, I always think "I can't wait to be like them... I can't wait to help someone the way they helped me."
[img]http://www.johnnysubway.com/~josiejo/images/josiejoSig.png[/img]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Josiejo][b]Josiejo[/b][/url]
NPC Friend: Jajuju (Tarutaru Female Healer)

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sasamii]Sasamii[/url]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Ryadbraman]Ryadbraman[/url]
Maezen
Big Cat

Post by Maezen »

Don't get us wrong Jo, I *think* Crisp would agree with me that we'd be willing to help the pride anytime as a cookie-cutter whitemage should, but it's those random strangers out there that really get under our collars when we're just trying to go about our regular business. I mean if i'm not doing anything, I'll gladly help out someone in need, but I've found over the constant requests for raises, teleports, healing spells and sometimes even gil :? that i've grown a little cold at all the requests as though i'm here to do nothing but serve the populace...I don't mind helping out the random stranger sometimes but I swear if I got on my whm, I could do these things the whole time i was logged in and not accomplish anything for myself. And yes Neo, I DID do all the teleport quests for myself. I wanted to be able to travel quickly wherever I wanted to go and not have to wait or pay my own way there. I'm an aspiring Dragoon and leveled whitemage in my SPARE time so that I could do that.

Call me greedy if you want, but I would have you know that I ALWAYS raise for free, save the lower jobs from things when I can get a Dia off, and I HATE teleporting and don't advertise myself for it. so if you're gonna ask for a tele be considerate to your whm. Also whenever *I* need a tele, I will pay between 700 and 1000 ALWAYS
62 DRG/WAR (for parties)
62 DRG/WHM (for solo)
61 WHM/SMN
check the members list for more details

Bonecraft level 7
Cooking level 70
Alchemy level 9

Artifact Armors in possession = 10
Artfact Armors that can be equipped = 10
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

People with your attitude are few and far between josie. I assure you however gamers like myself can pickup on that in game, and I continue to help people out like youself happily. Regretablly the majority of gamers come off how I discribed in my post, honestly I consider this unfortunate.

People whom I consider friends, I always help without question or expection of money. People who are genuinely attempting to become a productive part of the community also will continue to recieve help from players like myself. If you have played as long as I have it is very very easy to recognize personality types in game.

I guess I could simplify my previous rant by stating, People who come off as Expecting or demanding without thought or consideration to the value of my time, I am going to expect/demand more of them. People who come off as genuinely grateful and appreciative, are going to be treated as such. ( sorry about the rant, this is one of those touchy subjects with me. )

Oh and btw, I love your sig..dunno if I mentioned that or not before, but I have always loved your sig.
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

Heh... thanks. :) I wish I drew it... I'm practicing though. I finished one drawing last night... my hand isn't quite up to par with drawing what my mind wants it to, but I don't think it's too bad. ;) I'll post it later, after I sleeeeeeep!
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Josiejo][b]Josiejo[/b][/url]

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sasamii]Sasamii[/url]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Ryadbraman]Ryadbraman[/url]
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

hmm.. a discusion I didn't expect....

Let's clear one thing,

I do not charge for teleporting!
{Price} = {Anything}
Those 10 to 30K an hour are all donations for the service.
I do not charge, but I do not turn down money either ;)
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

I'd say i'm more mad at the White Mage mentality that I often come across that they seem to think their above others because of their abilities. :oops:
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Neoshinobi wrote:I'd say i'm more mad at the White Mage mentality that I often come across that they seem to think their above others because of their abilities. :oops:
Now me, I dislike leveling WHM because of the attitudes twoard WHMs out there on the hunt.

You are not a person, you are a comodity.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

Tsybil wrote:
Neoshinobi wrote:I'd say i'm more mad at the White Mage mentality that I often come across that they seem to think their above others because of their abilities. :oops:
Now me, I dislike leveling WHM because of the attitudes twoard WHMs out there on the hunt.

and the sad thing is that any WHM can get to high levels without having a lick of skill either. I knew a few WHm i partied with that, I as an RDM was a better healer than they were. so part of it is that kind of animosity?

-back to the corner
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

Leveling WHM is better because it is so desirable. Ever sit in Qufim with your thumb up your arse waiting for a party invite? Not fun, is it? But if you were a WHM, you'd be beating back invites. Every party needs healing, and no one does it better than a WHM. I don't see that as a weakness or something WHMs are being taken advantage of. Rather, I assume the advantage-taking is mutual, since in return, WHMs are more likely to gain EXP faster than any other job.

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
Crispleaf
Housecat

Post by Crispleaf »

Josiejo wrote:Leveling WHM is better because it is so desirable. Ever sit in Qufim with your thumb up your arse waiting for a party invite? Not fun, is it? But if you were a WHM, you'd be beating back invites. Every party needs healing, and no one does it better than a WHM. I don't see that as a weakness or something WHMs are being taken advantage of. Rather, I assume the advantage-taking is mutual, since in return, WHMs are more likely to gain EXP faster than any other job.
That is true to a certain extent.

It was always easy for me to get a party starting out as a white mage. Even when I was leveling as a red mage, I'd have to wait for all the white mages to get invited first before I'd be invited at all :roll:

But the invites completely die off once you near level 41. The reason?

Red mages steal the show.

Because of Convert and Refresh, most parties don't consider a white mage a priority. The only times I do get invited now is because all they could find was a bard, or the red mage insists on not being the main healer, or they need Stona cast, which is the only status cure a rdm/whm can't do.

Otherwise, the only spells I have that a red mage/white mage doesn't are some divine spells (i.e. Holy, Flash, and some Banish variation spells which no one misses, least of all me), some stronger Regen spells, Stona (which cures petrification, rarely needed, but welcome when it is), Cure 5 (which isn't missed if you have Cure 4), and of course, Raise 2 and Raise 3.

People would much rather have a Converting and Refreshing red mage that can heal non-stop and even keep other mages topped up with mp over a white mage with a couple of stronger Regen spells and who runs out of mp real fast without assistance or substantial downtime. :P

In the 70s level-wise, the only reason anyone pays any attention to a white mage at all is because of the 99% xp back from Raise 3. There's no other reason we need to exist, to be honest. :cry:

Fortunately, I'm leveling red mage close on the heals of my white mage 8)
[img]http://home.comcast.net/~crispl3af/level.JPG[/img]
Bastok Rank 8-1, Windurst Rank 10
Rise of Zilart Completed
Chains of Promathia Completed
Treasures of Aht Urghan Rank 2
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

I somewhat disagree with you on whm not being as useful 41+ crisp. Its all a matter of skill and reputation.

I do not log on often, but every time I do It's usually mere minutes before I have 4+ invites, I have logged in more then once to several whm and several rdm lfg and still gotten a party almost immeditally. It comes down to knowing how to use food and drink to full effect, I am constantlly using yagudo drink in a good group, pineapple in a ok group. Basically whatever is necessary to keep my mp capped. Also another thing I have noticed on my server at least, is whms dont use Regen. This flatly blows me away as to why they do not, honestly using regen2 I hardly have to heal. I toss a regen on the puller, regen 2 on the tank, haste on the dps, and toss a heal here or there, I rarly finish a IT fight with anything less then 70% mp, I fall below that I toss a drink back. Of course it also helps that I am almost always grouped with a nin, yea I am one of those whms who disagree with anyone who things a nin is a subpar tank..personally any tank I can keep alive on mobs generating me 200+ exp constantly getting chain 4, for little effort is my definition of a good tank. Show the nin a little haste love and there wont be a bit of problem with aggro. :P

Of course it is all server based, if your server in general is not fond of whm 41+ then yea It might be difficult to overcome the idiocy of all the others. I dont know if you do or do not, but my suggestion is to pick up a bit of japanese. I found that by speaking to the japanese players in their language has gotten me a huge advantage over most na players as their comminuty tends to be alot more loyal then ours. I get reinvites constantly from jp players who have me on their friends list. Now Im not fluent in the language, but I can certaintly understand enough to show them I am making the effort.
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Kahvi wrote:
Tsybil wrote:Now me, I dislike leveling WHM because of the attitudes twoard WHMs out there on the hunt.

and the sad thing is that any WHM can get to high levels without having a lick of skill either. I knew a few WHM i partied with that, I as an RDM was a better healer than they were.
I hate to tell you but we RDMs can get away with with being lousy or gimpped too. A friend just hit RDM50/WHM 19..... Of course he IS a Taru... :roll: But then again he is good at the job.
Josiejo" wrote:Ever sit in Qufim with your thumb up your arse waiting for a party invite? Not fun, is it? But if you were a WHM, you'd be beating back invites. Every party needs healing, and no one does it better than a WHM.
As a mater of fact, my WHM is 20 now. I can sit in Qufim for 1/2 an hour with no invites. I can get 10 invites in as many mins. too, ALL from singles who are thinking "Oooo a WHM, I can put a party together if I have a WHM." All of these people at least have the grace to send a /tell before they hit the invite button. Microseconds before. The /tell is usualy along the line of "Wanna PT?" At WHM 19 I sat for 1 1/2 hours one evening before giving up. On Garuda people are going to Qufim at 19, mages often at 18.

Sorry Jo, hard to get into action in less than 1/2 an hour even as a WHM in Qufim.

Every party does needs healing, I have been main healer (Heck ONLY healer) as BLM/WHM. (Manafont, Cure, Cure, Cure, Cure....) Ask any SMN/WHM about that. My Elvaan PLD was once Main Healer in Qufim. That was a strange party indeed.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

Kahvi wrote:
Tsybil wrote:

and the sad thing is that any WHM can get to high levels without having a lick of skill either. I knew a few WHm i partied with that, I as an RDM was a better healer than they were. so part of it is that kind of animosity?

-back to the corner
I partied once with my RDM as the main healer, I was whacking ht emob with my sword too and keeping up with the heals, it was good that we had 2 nins and a couple or wars to pull hate effectivly.
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

Heh... that's good, Baketsu. I encourage all mages to melee if they choose. I did that with my old main, 42 WHM. The only time I'd stay away from the battlefront was if we had a Bard in the group. I never really did too much damage until getting to the critical level where you start moving on to different mobs or areas, but it helped me keep my Staff and Club weapon skills very close to max. And, I must say, I'm an excellent healer. :)

As long as you can prove you can do your job well, bonuses like weapon skill-ups are fine with me.

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
Maezen
Big Cat

Post by Maezen »

I liked meleeing as a whm too until the mobs started to do those nasty AoEs :cry:
62 DRG/WAR (for parties)
62 DRG/WHM (for solo)
61 WHM/SMN
check the members list for more details

Bonecraft level 7
Cooking level 70
Alchemy level 9

Artifact Armors in possession = 10
Artfact Armors that can be equipped = 10
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: The things I do for gil.

Post by xaresity »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting