interesting weekend

A place to talk about... anything!
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

interesting weekend

Post by Tivia »

Well this weekend I finally decided to build a new pc, got tired of the old one lagging it up.

So I spent all friday night building, customizing, making it look all pretty and stuff, and getting windows setup, and my games and such installed and patched.

I was attempting to fetch all my programming tools, windows gui modifications, and tons of other stuff that I had stored on my old pc..approx 5 years worth of stuff when the hdd just up and died...I managed to get my Favorites list and my Artwork but that was it. one one hand I was like..this is not happening..on the other I was like..man what timing on the upgrade I had no idea my hdd was even having issues.

Well anyhow I logged ingame..and WOA what a difference..Max settings..no lag, on both EQ2 and FFXi..Both worlds are breath taking in their own right...I can suddenly run around lagless..I spend mere seconds zoning..even heavily populated areas give me no trouble..

So now I gotta at the least figure out how to fetch my windows gui modification tools, honestly thats the most important thing to me as I truly hate the default XP gui..but otherwise..I must admit its rather nice playing on a fresh machine with..essentially nothing but the Game and the PC.

not that i expect anyone to care I just felt like sharing since I had a rather eventful weekend outside the usual nothing happening. :wink:
Kopopo
Teh Cutaru

Post by Kopopo »

/pizza
Lihera
Feral Cat

Post by Lihera »

/lazy ^^

back on topic:

specs?
[color=indigo]New sig comin'. But in the meantime...[/color]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/baofowfwoosh.gif[/img]
Tamarik
Tomcat

Post by Tamarik »

Yeah, just got my new rig up and running:

Athlon64 3200+ @ 2.3ghz
1GB Corsair XMS DDR3200 @ 230mhz
eVGA Geforce 6800GT
Creative SB Audigy2 (boo! hiss!)
Maxtor 200GB 8MB buffer PATA (60GB OS partition, 140 application)
WD 200GB 8MB buffer SATA (games, mp3's, videos)

It's sexy.
[img]http://www.lionking.org/~tamarik/sigs/ml-tamsig.gif[/img]
Liohs
Tomcat

Post by Liohs »

WOOT goo tam ^^ your going to love that rig ^^ 8)
btw your comp is faster then mine now just OC tha vid card to Ultra :twisted:

in case any one cares my rig
GA-K8N Pro mobo
A64 3000+ @ 2.2
512MB PC3200
120GB SATA HDD
BFG 6800GT OC @ Ultra
Audigy Gamer
5.1 speakers
19" monitor
16xDL DVD+/-RW
52x24x52 CD-RW
floppy
Ultra X-Connext 500w PSU Blue
Ultra Dragon Glossy case Blue
Blue UV Fans UV and Blue cathods
and my MOBO and Vid card are blue it looks soo nice ^^

now im just wating for Dual Core the end of the year and ill get a new mobo mem and cpu then hehe
"Death happens thats why there are White Mages..."

DRG65/WAR37/RDM34/SAM21/THF21/WHM20/BLU16/BLM14/COR10/MNK3
Rank 6
Ephi
Housecat

Post by Ephi »

wish i knew what all that meant :? :lol:
I like jellyfish
Gimme a jellyfish
mmmm mercury :P
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/Ephisig2.png[/img]
<(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)>
KIRBY DANCE!!!
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

Quick trrranslation.

"Bigger, badder, better" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Baketsu
Feral Cat

Post by Baketsu »

Me I have a Path-e-tech computer

Athlon 2000 XP
1 GB of main memory
ATI Radeon 9200 Video card
Sound Blaster 512K PCI sound card
PS2 to USB converter with a PS2 Dual Shock controller.

Seems to crash and I just noticed when it always crashed the force feedback is on so I disabled that, anyone else having force feedback issues with windows?
Jobs: RDM-54/BLM-32/WHM-26/PLD-23/THF14-WAR17-MNK8-DRG17-DRK18-BST3-RNG3-SMN7-BRD1
Race: Elvaan
Hometown: San d'Oria
Skills: Cooking 23- Smithing 3
EXP is hard to come by, treasure it!
Liohs
Tomcat

Post by Liohs »

i get FFXI crashing all the time but thats just FFXI acting up

Rank 6
Tamarik
Tomcat

Post by Tamarik »

I have never had FFXI crash. Ever.
[img]http://www.lionking.org/~tamarik/sigs/ml-tamsig.gif[/img]
Punkerdood
Tomcat

Post by Punkerdood »

mine is:

PS2 :lol:
blalblalbalblalblalblalba E=mc (little2)
/dance

and grats on new upgradeamobob
75SAM
Rank7 sandoria
Kahvi
Krazy Kat

Post by Kahvi »

Punkerdood wrote:mine is:

PS2 :lol:
blalblalbalblalblalblalba E=mc (little2)
/dance

and grats on new upgradeamobob
how do you play with just the PS2????

my setup is this

PS2
logitec controler and usb keyboard built in
26' TV
PS2 Network Adapter
ADSL modem
Lay-z-boy recliner
Special Coffee table designed to hold 2 open boxes of pizza and still have room for a 2 liter bottle of RC cola
Bathroom and kitchen all with in hearing distance of <call> and /clap

congrats on the upgrade tho... I'm prolly not gonna upgrade my system till they come out with 4ghz + processors tho
Windurst Rank 10
Fight together, die together, leave no one behind.

[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Kahvi.png[/img][/url]
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Sorry for delay, had some stuff come up.

Athlon 64 3000+ @ 2.3ghz
1gb Corsair Xms 4000 @ 270mhz
250gb wd hard drive
BFG 6800GT OC 256mb
MSI K8N NEO2 PLATINUM
SB Audigy 2 Zs

I had initially planned on sticking to my usual abit or asus motherboards, and going with a FX series athlon. however after talking to a few friends and reading a ton of reviews, I took a chance on the MSI board as its performance specs were simply far better. Thus far I have not been disappointed. Also with the performance I am getting out of the 3000+ I can say I am pretty happy I did not spend a large amount more for the FX as for my gaming purposes I honestly could not expect any better performance then I am getting now. Or at least any better to justify that amount of money difference.

My only real disappointment in this setup is the sound card. I have been running off the Nvidia Soundstorm on my nforce 2 board using things like TS and such with no problems. Now I finally spend the money for a decent sound card and while yes I do hear a few things in the background I used to not, now suddenly no one can hear me on team speak or ventrilo, I come across as barly speaking. And this is with the input for both the software and the hardware maxed. To say I find this slightly irritating would be an understatement, I am going to download anything new I can find on the website tonight for it, but if that does not improve it, I am taking the blasted thing back and going back to the motherboard sound which is not all that bad its self. I am very disappointed in this card thus far.
Ephi
Housecat

Post by Ephi »

igot

PS2
controller
25"screen tv
broken futon bed thats comfortable as... somthin really comfortable*
coffee table conveniantly placed within reach of me in my futon (easy soda access... no i dont mean theres a soda dispenser there)
...power doors...
...lifetime(yet)limited warranty...
...spleen...
...etc...

thas mine...

*its broken in a way i can lay down in the gap that was formed when all the bars that support the mattress broke off on 1 side
I like jellyfish
Gimme a jellyfish
mmmm mercury :P
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/Ephisig2.png[/img]
<(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)>
KIRBY DANCE!!!
Shirai
Crazy Dutch Cat

Post by Shirai »

Aight,

Don't have the best but it plays great at High res:

MSI K7N2 Platinum
AMD Athlon XP2700+
1GB PC3200 Kingston (2x 512MB)
Maxtor 60GB
Maxtor 80GB
Maxtor 40GB External
WD 160GB External
Nec ND1100 DVD+RW
Leadtek FX6800Le
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
[21:36] <MarkovBot> Markov2.0, sanity is boring.
FFXI: Asura - 14/22 jobs @99
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

I play on three machines regulary.

Athalon 2100+ to 2800+

3/8 gig - 1/2 gig memory

ATI 8500 All in Wonder*, 9200SE, Gigabyte ATI 9600, all 128 meg & Omega Drivers.

19" & 17" flat panels and a rrrealy old but super sharp 14" Toshiba CRT monitor*.

One MSI KT4 seires Mobo, I cannot recomend it. The other two, I forget as I have had no problems with them.

* on the upgrade list.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
Liohs
Tomcat

Post by Liohs »

best sound card imo is an Audigy2 ZS the soundstorm on Nforce 2 is better but if your running an A64 thats out soo try that

Rank 6
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

im the odd kitty out,

Asus P5P800 Motherboard
Intel P4 3.4 Ghz w/ HT
1GB (2x 512) PC 3200 (400 mhz)
PNY GeForce FX 5700 LE (yes i wish i had a 6800, you guys with money bite me ><)
On board sound (yes i am that damn cheap)
SG 160GB ATA100
WD 40GB ATA66

---------------------------------

before you AMD freaks scream at me, the board, proc and ram were all a gift from my dad for christmas, and im not going to turn down a 600$ setup and insult my dad because its "not as good" as an AMD 64.

HD's i had before, and frankly i dont see the reason to move to SATA yet, plus to expensive fror my budget.

Same thing for the Vid card, my reasonable price range is roughly 100-200 dollars for vid components. and unfortunatly, (god only knows why,) the 6800's havent hit my price range yet, so im not getting one for awile. (plus i need a new PS when i get one, my 400w power supply wont be able to handle it >.>;;)
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Liohs wrote:best sound card imo is an Audigy2 ZS the soundstorm on Nforce 2 is better but if your running an A64 thats out soo try that
I have the Audigy 2 ZS, its what I am complaining about. I am having so many problems with it Im thinking about going back to motherboard sound if I cant get a driver to fix it.

Oh and Nivez, a 400w will easily handle a 6800GT, Before I upgraded I already had the vid card in my old machine running quite fine on a 350w antec. So long as your psu is good quality you will be fine.
Punkerdood
Tomcat

Post by Punkerdood »

I PLAY WITH MY MIND!!! AND EACH OF MY FINGERS TRIGGER MACROS BEWAHAHAHHAHAHA
75SAM
Rank7 sandoria
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: interesting weekend

Post by xaresity »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт