Tomcat

Post by Sirc »

w00t! mozyr must be feeling better. :D
Sirc [Rank 2] - Lvl 25 MNK, 15 WAR, 15 THF
Jhes
Kitten

Post by Jhes »

Prrsha wrote:
Jhes wrote:Too bad i dont have a pc that can handle ffxi (i use ps2), or i would love to get that macro system for skillups...i would still love to, is there any possible way to pm a download link?
You are asking for bot so you can skillup? Please tell me you are not...

Bot, no, since i'm ps2 i cant use a bot. Would i use one if i could? no, i have no need for bots, altho i suppose it seemed i was asking for one...how can i say...i like collecting "forbidden" things...if it sounds like an excuse..so be it, but anything in game i have, i worked for.
[img]http://www.prstudios.com/images/dp_sig_03.jpg[/img]

WHM AF: Completed
Hammer - [O]
Hat - [O]
Shoes - [O]
Body - [O]
Pants - [O]
Hands - [O]
Nivez
Story Cat

Post by Nivez »

if it makes you feel any better, as you progress higher in the game your magic skills become easier to cap, even summoning. currently my whm has everthing but healing capped, and its only about 2 points away from its cap. post 50 really and especially post 60 you will easily be able to cap skills. very nice really.
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Jhes wrote:
Prrsha wrote:
Jhes wrote:Too bad i dont have a pc that can handle ffxi (i use ps2), or i would love to get that macro system for skillups...i would still love to, is there any possible way to pm a download link?
You are asking for bot so you can skillup? Please tell me you are not...

Bot, no, since i'm ps2 i cant use a bot. Would i use one if i could? no, i have no need for bots, altho i suppose it seemed i was asking for one...how can i say...i like collecting "forbidden" things...if it sounds like an excuse..so be it, but anything in game i have, i worked for.
Heh well, I sort of know what you mean. I collect FFXI bot scripts then I e-mail them to square so they can analyze them and develop a detection utility for it.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Would you like mine then prrsha? or do you already know where it is.
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Did you write the script yourself? If it's from one of the many botting forums, chances are I have it.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Yes I wrote it and yes it has my name on it.

If you have one with my name on it, then you have it.
Jhes
Kitten

Post by Jhes »

lol, well i just collect them, i dont turn them in or anything. i tend to use them as conversation starters.
[img]http://www.prstudios.com/images/dp_sig_03.jpg[/img]

WHM AF: Completed
Hammer - [O]
Hat - [O]
Shoes - [O]
Body - [O]
Pants - [O]
Hands - [O]
Neoshinobi
Mad Cat

Post by Neoshinobi »

So could I collect some of these too like you guys?
Lihera
Feral Cat

Post by Lihera »

search ffxi bot on google. You'd be surprised at how many forums there are. Voke bots, fish bots, farming bots, whm bots.... the works.
[color=indigo]New sig comin'. But in the meantime...[/color]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/Lihera/baofowfwoosh.gif[/img]
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

Tivia wrote:Would you like mine then prrsha? or do you already know where it is.
Mrrr, I don't think you'd want me to send your script to square considering it has your name on it. You'd get bannz0r3d.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Prrsha wrote:
Tivia wrote:Would you like mine then prrsha? or do you already know where it is.
Mrrr, I don't think you'd want me to send your script to square considering it has your name on it. You'd get bannz0r3d.

Nope, They have to catch me using it to ban me. Since i dont use it, they cant ban me. the worst they can do is send a Cease and desist to quit development of it, which would be pointless because I have not updated it since november. Also they cannot attack me through my host as I do not actually host it but I have allowed full rights to it to the forum that does host it. Besides I am certain they would rather go after the fishing/voke/leveling bots before bothering me. So currently, until I decide to update it again, or use it which most likely will not happen as I no longer have a reason to I am untouchable to SE.

However one point of interest. If SE is targeting the bots, I would imagine they would be going for the ones that truly affect their game in legal ways they can actually attack, Bots like the one in this thread topic that crack into the packet actually violates laws and can have legal action taken against them. Scripts like mine which simply emulate mouse and key strokes, while bannable under the TOS, does not infringe on any legal rights.
Sirc
Tomcat

Post by Sirc »

I think SE can do pretty much whatever they want. The fact that you have created and distributed a macro with your name on it that breaks the TOS agreement means that they wouldn't even have to consider your protest.
Sirc [Rank 2] - Lvl 25 MNK, 15 WAR, 15 THF
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

Sirc wrote:I think SE can do pretty much whatever they want. The fact that you have created and distributed a macro with your name on it that breaks the TOS agreement means that they wouldn't even have to consider your protest.
Ah but you see I know a nifty legal loophole.

Unlike most script writers I file all mine under copywrite, and I have a specific clause that forbids viewing by employee's of whichever game I happen to have written it for. So in order to do anything to me for breaking their TOS, they have to break my ToS. :wink:

But again its a futile argument, as its not going to happen for numerous reasons. mostly they have better things to do then worry about script writers like myself, when it would be much more productive to go after the creators of the tools that I use, and of course that fact that I ceased development of it in november I would be suprised if they bothered with me. Like i said, I wrote it yes..but I am long gone from the macro scene, I have better things to do. It was enjoyable while I was writing it but once i worked out all of the bugs, it just got filed away as another project done that will collect dust.
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

It's their game. They can do whatever they want. If they want to suspend your services for no reason whatsoever, they can.
Tivia
Irrepressible Kitteh

Post by Tivia »

true, but as it stands I play once a month tops right now. it would be rather pointless.
Jaela
Tomcat

Agreement

Post by Jaela »

I agree with Tivia, but then again, Square Enix has no right to reprimand your account at any time for no reason, thats against the law. Its like going to the store and buying something, and then the store takes it back for no reason, before you start talking you should use a little bit of logic.

If you play FFXI, and you are not Breaking their TOC, then they cant take away your services. If you pay 12.95 a month for something and they take what you bought for the month away from you, that is stealing. It is not their game, it is our game, we are the consumer, without us, SE would not be making the money that it is off this game.

1,500,000 x 12.95 = $19,425,000 for One Month
19,425,000 x 12 = $233,100,000 for One Year
Back to FFXI, Hades! Level 55 Thief! Glee!
[img]http://img293.echo.cx/img293/3043/jaela3ez.jpg[/img]
Prrsha

Post by Prrsha »

You are incorrect. They CAN suspend your services at anytime regardless of the reasons. As long as they take your cash each month for the services they provide, they must provide you content. However if they decide they no longer wish to accept your money, they have no obligation to provide you game content. You pay for the game services on a monthly basis, not from when you purchase the game.
Josiejo
Mad Cat

Post by Josiejo »

It's more the case that you're playing for them than it is them working for you. They have the right to set their rules on a product they created. If you were misbehaving in Disneyland and they kicked you out, they wouldn't hand your admittance fee back before they punted you out the gates. When you enjoy a service/product the way it was intended, there are no problems. But when you stop playing nice, so do they to protect others who choose to follow their rules. The fact that they make money off of us is just a part of selling a service. You want more, you gotta pay for it. Seems simple enough.
[img]http://www.johnnysubway.com/~josiejo/images/josiejoSig.png[/img]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Josiejo][b]Josiejo[/b][/url]
NPC Friend: Jajuju (Tarutaru Female Healer)

[b]Kitty Alts[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Sasamii]Sasamii[/url]

[b]Elvaan[/b]
[url=http://www.mithrapride.org/members/guildmember.cgi?function=prof&name=Ryadbraman]Ryadbraman[/url]
Pyrexia
Tomcat

Post by Pyrexia »

It seems SE is trying to do something about packet sniffers, and stopping monsters from popping purple. For the past few days monsters have been popping dead, then standing up. While the monster has popped dead (just a split second, but long enough to be noticable), you can't touch it, or claim it, or even target it.

This is something not many people have noticed, but since I'm always out pulling I've seen monsters pop like this for the past few days, it's kinda funny when you see something like a Dhalmel, or an HNM do it.
[img]http://filebox.vt.edu/users/cdove/beachsig.jpg[/img]

Pyrexia : Mithran Fishercat : Federation of Windurst : Midgardsormr and Hades
---
BLM 75 : RNG 73 : SMN 53 : WHM 40 : NIN 37 : RDM 37 : WAR 37 : THF 18 : MNK 10 : DRG 8 : BRD 8 : SAM 6
Alya Mizar (Tsybil)
Queen Cat

Post by Alya Mizar (Tsybil) »

One of the reasons why monsters popped purple is load times.

For over a year I have been saying that for hunting NMs, you need a GOOD video card turned down till your eyes bleed from the lack of detail.

All other things being equal, if you take .1 second to load a monster, and someone else takes .5 seconds to load it, who gets it? And what color is its label when the slow loading card owner finaly sees it?

NOT the only reason things used to pop purple, but truly the biggest.
Red Mage 99, White Mage 50, Black Mage 75, SCH 99, Summoner 14, THF 25, BLU 25, NIN 50, WAR 18, DRK 50, DNC 49, PLD 50. Goldsmith 72 +2, Cooking 60 +2, Alchemy 41, Fishing 33, Rank 8, Windurst, Lakshmi (Garuda, I weep for you)

Red Mage 26 White Mage 11 Black Mage 12 Thief 16, Cooking 1, Rank 3, Windurst, Quez.
xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: JP voke packet sniffer exposed!

Post by xaresity »

xaresity
Queen Cat

Re: JP voke packet sniffer exposed!

Post by xaresity »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо